• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Digimon Data Squad

I can't wait to hear the OP.

Rave

Banned
OP is terrible, but I've been spoiled for most OPs now because of One Piece.

Voices are good,though something about Marcus's bugs me a little.

Just finished watching it.

OP is full of fail.

Marcus's voice kinda bugs me, doesn't seem to fit. What's funny is his choice of words, "doll face" and "toots".

Rave

Banned
Yeah, Marcus just sounds unfitting. Like his voice should be deeper or something.

Also, I hate all these name changes.

Yoshino's was the only one I know who was kept the same.

The name changes were pretty silly. Marcus Daimon doesn't really seem to flow.

Rave

Banned
So we all agree? Marcus' voice bugs the hell out of all of us? Makes me ashamed to share the same birthday. :p

Too bad for you I guess..

WheelerTheViper

Procrastinate Today!
It's the first episode. Marcus' voice will grow to be better, just watch season one's dub's first ep to see what I mean >_>

The opening wasn't that great, but the rest of the episode was good. The dub music was actually *good*, there was only one edit to be seen, which surprised me. Even the car being thrown into a building was kept, and ToonDisney tends to edit out buildings exploding. Hey, not complaints.

The freaking 'You're watching Digimon!' logos are rediculous. You do NOT need to take up that much space for something so stupid.

Asrialys

The opening wasn't that great, but the rest of the episode was good. The dub music was actually *good*, there was only one edit to be seen, which surprised me. Even the car being thrown into a building was kept, and ToonDisney tends to edit out buildings exploding. Hey, not complaints.
You do realize that Toon Disney also shows Oban Star Racers, Power Rangers, other Digimon seasons. And all those have flashy and destructive things happening.

EDIT: Not to mention that the first three seasons of Digimon showed quite a lot of Japan, and whole world at times, being destroyed.

Last edited:

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Reposting my list of what I thought of the ep

The Bad:
-Opening theme sucks eggs. But it's still better than the 1-3 season theme.
-Title screen needs oomph, and reading it aloud is too Pokémon for me. What happened to just putting the ep title on the beginning of the episode?
-Marcus didn't shout as much as the animation looks like it would require.
-Lalamon's voice was irritating. But that's just me, I don't like the high-pitched voices (and yes, I know she sounded pretty much exactly the same in Japanese. That still doesn't make it good).
-Does anyone use the phrase "hamburger stand" any more? They could have at least made up a fake name for the place.
-Marcus is surprised that Yoshino knows his name, but didn't he shout it out right in front of her before he battled Agumon? Even if it was the same in Japanese, it's still a silly mistake.
-Stupid Toon Disney showing that annoying-*** "You're watching Digimon!" thing taking up half the screen. But that's on all their shows and hardly specific to this.

The Good:
-Pretty much everything else. Here's some specifics:
-Holy crap, Jamieson Price's voice is sexier than...well, as much as I fangirl him, usually his voice isn't *sexy*. But as Sampson, it's very much so.
-I love the differences between people calling her Yoshino vs Yoshi
-Reairing at 10! I don't have to be late for class for it then!

And a side note--Batman: The Animated Series started airing today as well. This is a good day to be an animation geek.

Rave

Banned
You forgot that they changed the BG music as well.

And Marcus sounds like those old Italian mobsters by saying "toots" and "doll face".

WheelerTheViper

Procrastinate Today!
You do realize that Toon Disney also shows Oban Star Racers, Power Rangers, other Digimon seasons. And all those have flashy and destructive things happening.

I've ehard a lot that there were edits in Digi02 and one it Tamers that removed explosions in buildings (And control spires o_O ), but I have only seen one 02 ep, the rest have been Frontier. So I can't say for sure.

You'd be surprised at how much the PR fanbase complains about that. And that's only second to how much Tommy and Justin get bashed. Jeebus...

You forgot that they changed the BG music as well.
Having followed the dub for nearly every season(just managing to catch the last 3 episodes of Adventure), I have to say I saw it coming from the start. But some of that was pretty good...I could've sworn that first battle theme was a corrupted instrumental of Believer or Hirari.:p

Really looking forward to the third episode--Gai-gao!:3

SBaby

Dungeon Master
Sadly, I didn't get a chance to see the first episode. But I have the game.

Marcus was actually pretty decent in the game (still voiced by Quinton Flynn in the anime, I'm assuming). So I'm sure he gets better as the show goes. His yelling is kind of strange, but that's about it.

I will tell you that Thomas sounds pretty good from what I heard in the game (if you've heard Crispin Freeman in any of his roles, you know he's up there in terms of quality, and you probably know what type of voice to expect).

Ikuto/Crier (groan) sounds extremely awkward. Brianne Siddall just sounds strange voicing a cave/jungle boy-type of person.

You'll definitely hear hints of Sora from Season 1 in Yoshino's voice. Especially when she has to speak faster in some of the scenes. Yes, her name's still Yoshino. So that puts the rumors started by DP and WTW to rest once and for all.

I assume everyone remembers how the new VA cast of Pokemon started out and how the voices grew on us (or most of us anyway). In other words, give it time. You might be surprised.

At any rate, it's nice to see Digimon back on the air with new episodes, finally.

Last edited:

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
I don't think I have Jetix anymore. I had it when it was with ABC Family, but now Toon Disney... is that on regular cable?

Razgriz

The episode was well done though yes Marcus' voice did annoy me a bit. Also what the heck is up with the 'Ultimate Fighter' crap?