• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Digimon: Devil's Ascent (Discussion Thread)

Kamotz

God of Monsters
Well, after tests and tortures up the wazoo, I'm finally feeling better and hoping they release me soon. It still means it might be a while until any of my RPGs gets a post since I've got so much catching up to do from the past two weeks, but I wanted to let you guys know.

Kamotz

God of Monsters
Well, been out about a week. Fingers crossed, it stays that way.

Now, I know I left us off in a kinda...funny spot. So if you're all (other than Tundra) having trouble and prefer that I move things along, let me know.

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
I'm sure I could get a post up, it's just I've been super busy lately so I haven't found too much time. That might be a good idea though. Either way, I'll be trying to post ASAP, as I think I have something I directly need to reply to. Heh...

Kamotz

God of Monsters
Well, Griff and Tundra have posted, but I was hoping that we'd get something from the rest of you.

Just to reiterate, Foodguy's characters are now NPCs until further notice, so you guys can use them to bounce dialogue if you need. Not sure what to do with them, but I'll think of something.

Hotshot

Well, there's only so much for my guys to talk about right now. I suppose I could try to get something up, but it feels kinda awkward to have all our characters standing around in a big room with a bunch of humans. I'm a little limited in what to talk about.

Or I could just get Sha to start singing. But I don't think anybody but him would enjoy that.

Kamotz

God of Monsters
Just to keep everything organized, we're up against 6 Lesser Lords and Pelleas.

Pelleas - Albiomon (right? that's what he was?)
King Belial - MaloMyotismon
Duke Haures - Devitamamon
Prince Moloch - Cherubimon (Evil)
Baron Zagan - Gulfmon
Count Murmur - Murmuxmon
Marquis Orcus - Ghoulmon

And aside from our own Peacemakers we have the Digidestined
Evangel - Goldramon
Jacob - Aegisdramon
Andreas - Susanoomon
Silas - Alphamon
Maximillian - Varodurumon
Avazina - Magnadramon
Liliana - Regulumon

TheSequelReturns

Faithful Crusader
Oh, I'm sorry guys. I must have missed it when we picked up pace again. Glad to see you back Kamotz.

I'm still in this, and I'll be working on a post.

Kamotz

God of Monsters
Well, I think other than tundra and griff, no one has posted since I went into the hospital...a month ago. I thought about calling it quits on this one too, but I figured I'd give it one last gof and see if we could finish.

Kamotz

God of Monsters
Oh, I definitely agree, which is why I decided to give it another go. But I just keep feeling like I'm pulling teeth to get people to post. Maybe it's because we all have so many characters, that the interactions usually get contained to just our own little spheres. I dunno, but we seem to be having more and more of these longer and longer posting lulls. And after what happened with Armored Core, Weapons, and Ultimates, I just find myself questioning how much effort I should be putting into keeping these RPGs running.

TheSequelReturns

Faithful Crusader
I can tell you that the biggest obstacle to my post-making is the sheer number of characters we all seem to have in any one place. And while that is partially my fault (I am playing 4... and a half) to where I spend most of my time just sorting everything out as to who said or did what when and where and if any of my characters should care or not, which gets especially hectic during battles.

I could always do self-contained posts, but that would leave less room for interaction between our characters... I don't know it just feels more complicated then it should. Maybe I'm just over-complicating it.

Kamotz

God of Monsters
Which is why for the sequels (if we make it there, and no pun intended) I'm bringing in the 3 character limit. And with Foodguy gone, that brings a maximum of 18 characters instead of the 35 or so we have now.

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
I'm definately 100% committed to this. I'm adamant about not letting this thing die. Heh. It would just be such a waste. Yeah, I'm for the three-character-limit for the sequels. If we can just get there, everything will go swimmingly.

So yeah, I'll have a post up tomorrow at the latest. We did have a resurgence of uninterrupted posting recently, so we know that it's not like DA's on it's final breath. I think we'll be able to finish this, even if a few cut corners are necessary.

Hotshot

See, one of the hardest things for me is that my characters don't really intertwine with others at this point. They fit together really nicely, but not so well with others, apparently. I guess I've just trapped myself in a bubble of the Troublesome Trio (plus Ivy), and it's hard to get out of that. So I'm severely limited when it comes to out-of-battle interactions. I'm just ready for another fight now.

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
With less characters, it will be easier to interact with others more, so that might help... Hmm, I'll try to have my characters interact with yours and others more, Hotshot. Heh. Gigas and Khep do kinda have that secret friendship- ack! I mean non-friendship where they totally didn't bug-hug. (Help, Khep's lurking in the shadows behind me.)

Well, I've been missing for a while. Not much to add other than what everyone else has already said, no? I'm gonna make a post and get it up within the next 24 hours. Also, will this battle last long?

And Hotshot, do what I do: threaten to send a picture of said bug-hug (acquired through means that I will not mention) to everyone you know and make him lose his reputation. Course, that just makes him madder...nevermind, don't do that.

EDIT: Also, are we controlling the Digidestined as NPCs as well?

Last edited: