• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Digimon: Devil's Ascent (Discussion Thread)

Uh....does that mean I have to wait to kill off Zagan too?

In that case, I'll make a post tomorrow. I need to focus on something else first.

Kamotz

God of Monsters
Let's keep going with the forward momentum here, yeah?

Post, people, Post!

Hotshot

Just a head's up, I'll be embarking on a very long plane ride early tomorrow morning, and then won't be able to get online for a couple days. So I won't be able to get a post up for a little bit.

If anyone needs to bunny my characters, they're welcome to. Just so long as one of them makes a joke.

Kamotz

God of Monsters
I'm bored and away from a computer with a real keyboard so I can't type a full post, so I decided to come here and iron some details out on the Digidestined, their abilities, and the archetypes they play in the group so writing them in combat will be a bit easier.

Evangel, Goldramon: he's the leader, with a strong grasp of tactics and strategy. He's a bit more physical than most other Goldramon we've seen so far, and more likely to use his fists and tail as a weapon. But he's got just as much energy projection and protection as you'd expect. He knows how to use Umon and Amon to crazy extents and redirect attacks, break them down, or augment them.

Liliana, Regulumon: she is vicious - bestial ferocity with Herculean strength. Claws, teeth, and her blade. She has a bit of an issue controlling her anger when she gets up to tempo, but that's not always a bad thing for her, since she's essentially the hulk and just gets more ferocious and unpredictable.

Avazina, Magnadramon: she focuses more on long range, but her jaws are just as deadly and she can crack her tails like a whip. She's also pretty fire-resistant and very very maneuverable. Shes just incredibly hard to pin down. In terms of attitude, she's Liliana's opposite, always cool and in control, always figuring two steps ahead.

Maximillian, Varodurumon: he doesn't like close range at all, but has some pretty nasty talons and beak if he's forced into it. He also has Omni-directional blasts, so even getting close isn't a great option. Range attacks are also diminished by his force field of sorts, and his attacks are lightning fast. He's more likely to strafe you, zipping around the battlefield and buffing his allies from various attacks. He's also more adept in high-altitude combat than almost any other Digimon, and can fight and fly better in the thin air.

Jacob, Aegisdramon: this guy is power, pure power. He has nearly impenetrable armor, able to withstand even anti-dramon weaponry due to his hybrid dinosaur-dramon nature. His energy resources are nearly inexhaustible, and he can fire off full power attacks like nothing. He's not very maneuverable, but can get himself up to very high speeds in the straight away, and especially under water where his maneuverability increases. He's somewhat clunky in close range combat, but his physical strength is tremendous.

Silas, Alphamon: what's left to say about Alphamon that we don't already know? He's very creative with his Digitalize power. He uses it a bit like a green lantern ring, creating solid light constructs as well as energy attacks, which makes him incredibly versatile. He's also not afraid to get physical and has all the physical capabilities an Alphamon would have.

Andreas, Susanoomon: this guy is the team powerhouse. He can do it all. Physically dominant, fast, agile, with loads of energy reserves. He's a Susanoomon and hits like one. Moves like a freight train, maneuvers like a parkour champion, and hits like an MMA heavyweight. Since digivolving Andreas has been a one man army.

The most important thing to keep in mind with them, however, is that these guys are teammates and fight like them. They won't all go to separate corners and let us fight them three to one. They'll get together and make it seven to (however many of us there are). They watch each others back and back each other up in a way that the Peacemakers never have and haven't faced before. Let's face it. Our strategy has usually been split up and fight. These guys say stick together. It's a whole new type of fighting for us.

TheSequelReturns

Faithful Crusader
I apologize guys, I havnt had any way to get my computer online since I got here. However, I will be getting Internet hooked up at the house here somtime in the next few days. I was told I'd have Internet here, so I was acting on that assumption. I'll be posting again as soon as I can get my computer back online.

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
Are we still allowed to bunny Hotshot's characters? I'm not sure if he's still unable to get online or not, and I may need to use a certain jolly bug in the post I'm writing.

Hooray! Sequel will have internet soon.

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
Okay. I did so.

Just for the record, Gunnar's just really pissed off. It's not going to be like Pyra's BlackImperialdramon DM/FM modes, so he's not going to be attacking allies or anything. He might need to be held back from attacking the Digidestined, at the very worst.

Kamotz

God of Monsters
So I sort of rushed through things. But I felt this needed to get kicked into the next part. We're officially Hellbound.

But yeah, I'm not sure how clear I was in rushing through this. So if you've got any questions on specifics or general things, let me know. To help clarify here's some of what went down.

Thor and Michael revealed that the Innocents actually held the essence of the Lesser Demon Lords and Belial, while the demons held the children's essence. When the demons were killed, the children were killed as well.

The Digidestined's partners were killed by the touch of the corrupted children. The Digidestined are still alive, their partners aren't.

Andreas and Liliana managed to avoid the same fates, the latter only thanks to Pelleas's intervention. He killed the final child, the one that held his own soul, reclaiming it. He tried to prevent the child's essence from returning to its body, but couldn't.

The final Seal is broken. Mephistopheles has descended into Hell and closed the door behind him. All that's left is a gaping wound in the earth.

children

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
Is that gaping wound the way we'll be penetrating hell? If so, are we going to be wanting to jump in? Also, are demons now pouring out of hell and scouring the countryside?

Kamotz

God of Monsters
Yes. That delightful little hole in the world is where we're jumping in. Unfortunately, good ol' Mephisto closed the door behind him so we need a way to open it back up (ie, find the "knob"). And yes, demons have started pouring out of that gaping wound like a black horrorcane. Hell is emptying everything except for the SGDL, who are trapped there and need individual breaking-outs (which is why Mephistopheles is going in).

Hotshot

Wowzers! I can't get on for a few days and all hell breaks loose! Literally! I'll try to get a post up soon.

Well, this is going to be one hell of a party, ain't it? And speaking of jumping, I doubt that Shoon is in the right physical state to go in. I don't think think he can even jump.

Anyways, I'll be making my post in a while and get it up ASAP.

Hmm...and now that I've read all the posts, I am lost now. Was it the killing of all the demons or all of the children that opened hell?

Last edited:

Kamotz

God of Monsters
Hmm...and now that I've read all the posts, I am lost now. Was it the killing of all the demons or all of the children that opened hell?

The Demons. Killing the children didn't help, but by then the seven innocents had already died. In fact, more than 7 had died.

6 Humans in the demons - Killed by Peacemakers
1 Hira - Killed by Liliana
5 Digidestined Partner Digimon - Killed by creepy Children
1 Human in Pelleas - Killed by returning to his dying body

13 Innocents. 13...another loaded number.

Killing the human bodies meant killing the lesser lords permanently, which is what ended up happening. Since "in essence" (quite literally) they were already dead. The seventh creepy kid was holding Pelleas's soul, and when he killed him, he got it back. He tried to hold onto the kid's essence and keep him from returning to his dying body, but he wasn't able to.