• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Digimon: Devil's Ascent (RPG Thread)

PeeGee

ROAWR!
Hira was speechless, the horrors before him were just too much. The image of the Sovereigns' eyes was burned into his mind and it was horrifying, the image appearing every time he closed his eyes. And his fellow Devas, they were also hurt, and there was nothing he could do about it.

"ARGHHH!" roared the tiger, taking off into the air.

He needed to be be alone, and most of all, he needed to be away from the Sovereign. Hira flew through the air, tears starting to well up in his eyes.

"I swear," the Mihiramon started to mutter, "I swear that once I am throught with you Mephistopheles, you will be lucky to be sent back to that hell hole that you came from."

=============

Kole and Tia watched Hira fly out.

"Do you think that he is going to be okay?" asked Tia, holding her tails in shock over what happened.

"Yeah, he just needs some time to himself," replied Kole, now able to float on his own.

"Okay," said Tia, "How was Mephistopheles able to do this to the Compass Gods? I mean, how powerful is he?"

"I don't know," said the Phantomon, "But I can only hope that he isn't as powerful as some of the digimon that I have versed."

The pair of digimon each took deep breath and looked at the Compass Gods, and they both knew that it was going to be a long battle.

=============
Deep Within Kole's Mind

"This Mephistopheles sounds like he could be quite useful," said Apocalymon. "Maybe he can get me out of this god forsaken body."

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
“And mind you,” Cresil said. “My attire is quite tasteful, though I guess someone named after ladies pants wouldn’t know that, eh, mister Capris?”

Kheprius blinked. "...'Capris'? That's the best you can come up with? Have you been takin' insult lessons from Samael or something? Maybe next time you can point out that I have one eye," he said, rolling the eye in question. "And yeah, quite tasteful. That animal scalp headdress does wonders for the costume shop you're promoting... Pfft, demons..."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"No sign of the big M, aside from those Devas over there that is." Justin said. "Why can't he just come out and fight us like a man instead of all this running around like a sissy."

Pyra walked up beside him and sighed. "Because his objective isn't to fight us," she said grimly. "It's to break the sixty-six seals. Fighting us is probably secondary; to him we're just a nuisance to be stalled."

Pyra then followed Guinier inside to report their findings or lack thereof. However, as she did, Hira raced by them, very distraught from her observations. "Hira, are you okay?" she asked him. Upon turning back around, however, she was horrified to see the four Sovereigns laying on the ground in the chamber ahead of them, their eyes gone.

The Paildramon raced inside. "What happened here?!" she demanded, angrily clenching her fists

"What do you think?" Kheprius answered. "Mephistopheles got here first..."

Pyra sneered but then she identified Cresil. "Who is that?"

"Some demon Michael hired, as if Sammy wasn't enough. Don't pay him any mind though; he's a loser."

"...I see," Pyra answered, more concerned with other things at the moment than some demon. Like the fact that the four Sovereigns she worshipped were lying on the ground, horribly maimed. "Will they live? Is there anything they can tell us?"

"And what's our next move?"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

“It’s…a long story. You…wouldn’t want to hear it,” she decided to say lowly, regarding his first question with a hesitant look away. As for his second question…well, all she could do was bite her lip.

"Sure I would!" Gunnar replied, flying slightly closer to the WarGreymon. "But if you don't want to tell me, that's cool. We can just fly beside each other."

"Gunnar," Barachiel reminded, but then he stopped flying. "Nevermind. The air is clean and without the stench of demons. It's safe to assume they didn't leave the throne room. We may talk regularly."

The humanoid insect motioned with his head and began to fly down the corridor the way they came. "Let's return to the others."

"Gotcha," Gunnar agreed, flying up beside him. "So, Barachy, what do ya make of Michael? I know he kinda went all renegade on the Holy Host, so what's your take on it?"

"I trust his judgement... He is a Saint and a well respected general. I admit, I am slightly concerned by some of his more extreme methods, but I trust that the Hand of God would only use them if the circumstances were dire enough to justify them."

"These 'extreme methods'... d'they include incorporating a demon into our ranks?" Gunnar asked bitterly.

"They include incorporating two," Barachiel responded.

"...Seriously?" Gunnar asked, staring at him indignantly.

The TigerVespamon nodded and readjusted the necklace on his neck. "I assume they will both serve a purpose, however..."

"Like driving a poisoned dagger in our backs as soon as we get comfortable? I heard about what Samael did," Gunnar spat, scowling.

"He apparently did that as a double agent, Saint Ha'Yisrael assured me."

"Well of course Samael's going to say that! And between us three, I don't think Michael is all that objective on the matter," the ShineGreymon said.

"Forget it, Gunnar... We need to be uniting as a team, not doubting each other," Barachiel told him.

Gunnar rolled his eyes. "Says the guy who threatened to poke Khep's eye out..."

"...I just needed some time to cool off. I assure you that my feelings towards Kheprius will not affect our mission or my ability to work with every member of the team," the golden insect reassured as they neared the end of the corridor leading into the throne room. "Can you say the same, Gun--"

"Pitspawn!" Gunnar shouted angrily, pointing at the unfamiliar Astamon with his left hand and summoning his GeoGrey Sword with his right.

"Gunnar, no!" Barachiel said, flying in front of the ShineGreymon and placing his hand on Gunnar's sword-wielding arm. "He's the demon who agreed to work with us."

The light dragon let out a growl as he huffily vanquished his sword in a burst of brilliant light. "Let's just get out of here. The sooner we kill Memphis-waffle-knees the better..."

Kamotz

God of Monsters
Michael looked over the Peacemakers and growled in frustration, though he couldn't say he blamed them for their reactions to Cresil's appearance; nor could he judge them: he had reacted in much the same manner. Even so, he hoped they would have enough faith in him to trust his decision on the matter. The fact that he, an archangel: the Hand of God, was willing to let a demon among them and even seek this demon's advice should have been enough to convince them to hold their weapons and their tongues. Then again, perhaps it was he who had too much faith in them: an infant god of fire could certainly not be asked to hold back her infantile anger and emotion; nor could she be trusted to.

Bedivere, too, was lacking. He had been a useful and capable leader when they fought the Royal Knights. Those were enemies he could understand; they were warriors, tacticians, and despite all their flawed intentions they were honorable beings. Bedivere could not, however, comprehend demons and the forces that drove them onward. He was naïve and becoming too entrenched in his own legend.

Michael had no illusions as to his own shortcomings. He knew his temper was shorter, he knew his zealous nature was beginning to reemerge. But he had no desire to fight it; this was how he was when he first fought against the Demon Lords. It was his divine will and righteous fury that allowed him to overcome Satan and Lucifer. Anything less than that now would only lead the Peacemakers to defeat.

"Cresil is Galic's pet," Michael explained, glancing to Bedivere from the corner of his eye before turning to Thor and Samael. "And certain parties have convinced me to accept his presence among us under the condition that he assists us." He turned his eyes towards the moving shadows in the corners of the room. "Do not presume to understand or know the nature of angels and Saints, Cresil. Remember, the only thing that stands between you and my divine wrath is your continued usefulness to us. I suggest you work on finding ways to do that."

"Cresil is Galic's pet. And certain parties have convinced me to accept his presence among us under the condition that he assists us."

Said 'pet' had to raise an eyebrow in amusement. The Astamon had been called many things, but a pet was definitely a first. He let out a grin, unfazed and unaffected by the title. The expression on his face didn't fade even when Michael turned his attentions to him.

"Do not presume to understand or know the nature of angels and Saints, Cresil. Remember, the only thing that stands between you and my divine wrath is your continued usefulness to us. I suggest you work on finding ways to do that," the saint said, his words full of promise. Or was that a threat? Well, either case seemed to work.

"Translation," Cresil stated as he stood in front of Michael. "As soon as you no longer find my uses necessary, you're going to dispose of me like the filthy demon that I am, correct?" he said more than asked, certain in his assumption. He glanced at Samael and then at Sha before turning back to Michael. "Because all demons are evil, conniving and devilish creatures that only act for their own benefit. No need to know more than that, right? Because you say that's their nature, don't you? Because you yourself know about us demons so well, right?" he asked him.

The grin evolved into a satisfied smile as he turned his back to the angel. "Of course, not that it matters, because you're going to try to- no, you will kill me when this is over anyway. Your brother would be proud, saint Michael. If I worked for him, he would do exactly the same thing as soon as I outlived my usefulness," he mused, raising his arms, dark magics beginning to cackle around his fingers.

"Watch, Piedmon!" he called out, his eyes turning blacker than black, darkness like a void that sucked anyone who stared into them. “You might be able to do this one day!”

“Consider this a contract-free spell, Saint Michael Ha’Yisrael, to commemorate our partnership,” he said as the magic swirled around him, as well as magic that surrounded the Sovereigns started to come towards him. “We shall see if your friend is anywhere nearby.”

His voice started resounding, chanting unintelligible words mixed with guttural growls and cackles. Various symbols started to surround him like a circular wall, stained scarlet red, shocking violet and jet black. His voice grew loud as the magic started sending up wind and dust all around. And then his voice reached its peak, and the signs and sigils around him spread outwards, passing through the Peacemakers and the walls to whatever place they went.

The tension in the room had become slightly less tense, as if a mist had suddenly been lifted.

Cresil breathed hard, his eyes turning back to their normal color. Unlike before the spell, his body looked tired and wracked with exhaustion. “Unfortunately for you, angel,” he said, not turning to face Michael. “Whoever cast this spell is long gone, not within hundreds upon hundreds of miles away. He may not even be in the same physical plane,” he told him.

Though tired, he started pacing, his hands and shoulders in a shrugging position. “Even after using the excess magic in this room along with my own, the spell couldn’t find the caster. No magic user had the same magical essence occupying their body as the one in here. And trust me, considering how much magic there was in this room, it reached far,” he explained, walking towards the shadows.

He stopped, just an inch away from a shadowed wall. “One last thing. It should be obvious by now that I don’t even contain a fraction of magical power and expertise as this Mephisto of yours. The only reason I could cast that spell was because I used the thick magic he left behind, and absorbing that into my own body was exhausting enough,” he said, looking over his shoulder. “Alone, my magic will barely support you. Magic formed upon deals, even minor ones, are significantly stronger.” He grinned. “There’s a reason why we demons make contracts, after all. Please keep that in mind.”

With that, he stepped into the shadows, melting and seamlessly integrating himself into it like a drop of water into the ocean.

“If you need my assistance once more, then just call my name, angel,” his voice said, resounding through the room. “I’ll be watching.”

A few seconds later, Shoon came into the room, having found nothing after having decided that he should make one more look through the area just to make sure they didn’t overlook anything. He looked around, a defeated expression on his face.

“There’s absolutely nothing out there,” he said, folding his arms. He then blinked, wondering why everyone looked so grim. “…did I just miss something big and important?” he asked.

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
“There’s absolutely nothing out there,” Shoon said, folding his arms. “…did I just miss something big and important?” he asked as he walked in.

"No, no..." Kheprius said sarcastically, while taking into the air and glancing over at the small digimon. "Just four Sovereigns being blinded and a demon nearly being gutted by an angry, fiery dragon chick."

He started flying towards Shoon a bit. "But other than that, not very- DAAH!" He was cut off as a sharp sensation swept through him.

Kheprius abruptly dropped out of the air and fell, unrestrained, onto the marble floor.

Pyra looked over in confusion. "Kheprius? What happened?"

Barachiel turned towards him as well. "Khepri--" The TigerVespamon stopped mid-word and dropped his Royal Meister swords from his hands. Barachiel then dropped to his knees, grimacing in intense pain.

"What... the hell... is... happening... to me?!" Kheprius snarled, his hands holding his head and his body convulsing violently on the ground. "My... head... burning..."

Kheprius dragged himself across the floor, over towards a pillar, and dug his Gran Killers into the side of the column, trying to hoist himself up. However, upon getting halfway to a stand, Kheprius let out a bloodcurdling howl of pain and collapsed to the floor.

"What's... going on?!" Barachiel shouted through his grimace. "This headache... it's... blinding..." The TigerVespamon then collapsed forwards on his stomach and his whole body tensed up. He grabbed his head with one hand and clawed at the floor with the other.

Kheprius writhed and convulsed on the floor, his body wrought with intense pain, like nothing he had ever felt before. "What's going one with me?! Make it stop! Get it out of my head!" he howled. "GET IT OUT!"

"What's going on with them?!" Pyra demanded, looking around at Gigas, Kheprius and Barachiel.

"It's... too much... Arrgh! Burning... Can't... C-Can't... move... see... It's... coming..." Barachiel gasped, his body shaking violently as the pain made his brain feel like it was slowly splitting apart. "It's coming fast..."

"Who the hell are you?! What are you doing to me?!" Kheprius roared, his voice echoing through the chamber. he scrambled to his feet in a blind daze and thrashed his arms wildly in front of him, hoping that he would hit the one that caused him this great pain. "GET OUT OF MY HEAD!"

He staggered towards the nearby pillar and slammed his head against it. "Make. It. Stop!" Kheprius then collapsed to his knees, digging his Gran Killer into the pillar and dragging it down through it.

In near unison, the suffering Barachiel and Kheprius cried out in harrowing, dreadful noises that sounded utterly unnatural given their regular voices. Chills crept down Pyra and Gunnar's spines as a result.

Gunnar swung around to face Michael. "It was that demon!" he snarled dangerously. "He did something to them!"

"No..." Pyra whispered, staring at the writhing, agony-ridden bug digimon in a daunted shock. She felt a slight pain in her head as well, but thought nothing of it. "This is something else... It's only affecting insect digimon..."

"They're freaking me out... Moreso than usual," Gunnar said over the groans and howls, taking a step back as he did. "What the heck is going on? What's happening to them?!"

Pyra glanced at Kheprius before turning her gaze to Barachiel and Gigas. "I don't know... What do we do?"

Last edited:

Hotshot

"RAAAAAAAAAGH!" Gigas roared, his body crumpling to the ground. Clutching his head in his hands, he cried, "Agh! What...what's happening?!"

Nocchi, Ivy, and Sha were beside the massive bug in an instant. Nocchi, dashing to his friend's side, exclaimed, "Gig! What's the matter?! Why're you freakin' out on me?!"

Ivy dropped to her knees next to Gigas' enormous head, a look of concern apparent on her face. Sha, with a single, graceful bound, was next to her a moment later. "Looks like he got struck by his own lightning," the Shawjamon commented. Glancing back at Kheprius and Barachiel, he added, "And he took Khep an' the angel-bug with him."

Suddenly, Gigas leaped to his feet, still clutching his throbbing head, and slammed his huge body into a pillar. Writhing in pain, the HerculesKabuterimon swung his arm and nearly destroyed the already-weakened pillar. With a cry of anguish, he sank back to the ground, in terrible, splitting pain.

Ivy and Sha were by his side momentarily. "Gigas! Gigas! You okay? C'mon, Gig!" Nocchi shouted as he ran after them, panicking. "Is he gonna be okay? Tell me he's gonna be okay!"

Ivy fell to her knees beside her husband again, taking one of his hands in both of hers. She tried in vain to calm the writhing insect, but to no avail. Something terrible was happening to the insects in their group.

"What's bugging them?" Sha inquired, cracking a smile.

Several pairs of disapproving eyes glared at the Shawjamon. Sha raised his hands apologetically. "Sorry, bad time to make a joke."

Kamotz

God of Monsters
"Something's coming," Michael said, glancing to the three insect Digimon. "Something that affects only these three, only the insects. Perhaps it's a frequency of some type, something only they can hear."

"Uh, it ain't just our three resident creepers," Samael said from his place beside the window. He looked out into the skies above. "Looks like every creepy-crawly within ten-thousand miles just got the message to bug out and start swarming."

Indeed, the skies above were filled with thousands upon thousands of insect Digimon of all shapes, levels, and sizes. They moved in perfect order, swarming together in unison to create snaking clouds of shining carapaces and pincers and horns. Then, as if suddenly directed by a single voice, they dove towards the ground and began to lay waste. They tore apart trees and buildings, ripped up the earth, and destroyed everything in their path.

"What are they doing?" Michael wondered. "Why?"

"Someone must be pullin' their strings," Samael said, crossing his arms. "I, for one, suspect Nocchi, if only because I used the strings metaphor. It fits if you think about it. Now we just gotta find out where he's hiding the other million fingers he's using to puppet them." He turned to the puppet. "Give up, Pinocchio, and let Jiminy Cricket go."

"Samael, would you be serious," Michael scolded.

"Well I've got no strings to hold me down," Samael smirked.

"Samael!"

"Alright fine," Samael rolled his eyes. "I thought it was a good joke." A fresh round of groans rose from their insect companions. "Oh, keep it down guys. You're making a scene."

"Joking aside, Samael is right," Thor said thoughtfully as he stroked his chin. "Someone is controlling the insect Digimon: making them act all out of sorts, making them destroy everything, spreading them like a blight across the land."

"The spreading of a blight across the land," Michael whispered. "It's another of the seals. Mephistopheles must be behind this. But how? Even with all his magic he cannot possibly be able to influence them like this."

"But perhaps someone else could," Thor mused. "Someone whose sole purpose was to influence and guide insect minds. Perhaps Mephistopheles is not working alone this time. Upon my ascension to the throne I learned of many things, one of which was the stunning rise to power of the insect king Hecatondies. There are those among the Godheads who believe him to have unlocked his godly essence; they believe he is, in fact, the god of insects."

"Can Mephistopheles do that though?" Samael asked. "Can he unlock someone's godly powers? That doesn't sound good for us."

"No, it doesn't," Michael said. "But perhaps we should pay Hecatondies a visit."

Hotshot

"Someone must be pullin' their strings," Samael said, crossing his arms. "I, for one, suspect Nocchi, if only because I used the strings metaphor. It fits if you think about it. Now we just gotta find out where he's hiding the other million fingers he's using to puppet them." He turned to the puppet. "Give up, Pinocchio, and let Jiminy Cricket go."

Nocchi turned from stooping over Gigas and glanced up at Samael, "Way to go, genius. Ya caught me red-handed." The Puppetmon strode forward and folded his arms over his chest. His eyes narrowing, he growled, "As if I'd want to control a million bugs after hangin' around Khep the one-eyed louse, Gigas the big oaf, an' that weird 'holier-than-thou' bee-thing!"

"Joking aside, Samael is right," Thor said thoughtfully as he stroked his chin. "Someone is controlling the insect Digimon: making them act all out of sorts, making them destroy everything, spreading them like a blight across the land."

Ivy rose and approached them. "Whatever, or whoever, it is, we must stop it. I will not stand here while Gigas and the others writhe in pain."

"Can Mephistopheles do that though?" Samael asked. "Can he unlock someone's godly powers? That doesn't sound good for us."

"No, it doesn't," Michael said. "But perhaps we should pay Hecatondies a visit."

Sha, despite his thin frame, displayed his disproportionate strength by helping Gigas to his feet. Supporting the massive HerculesKabuterimon, he slowly assisted the insect in lumbering forward. Wearing his usual cheesy grin, the Shawjamon exclaimed, "Come on then! Let's go meet this Heck-of-undies guy!"

Gigas groaned weakly. His legs wobbling and his head throbbing, the HerculesKabuterimon rasped, "The god of insects... If he's the one behind this, I would like to have a word with him."

"I'd like to have more than word with him," Nocchi added, swinging his hammer about. "I might even have a full sentence with the guy!"

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
"We're fine, by the way! ...Thank you all for your concern," Kheprius snarled through a grimacing scowl. He managed to wrap his arm around the nearby pillar and drag himself to his feet once again. "It only feels like the worst hangover you can imagine, multiplied by a thousand..."

"We will... be fine," Barachiel reassured through a strained voice. He grabbed his Royal Meisters, pressed them down against the floor and willed himself to stand to his feet. "Let us do this quickly if it's not too much trouble..."

As Barachiel leapt into the air, he managed to hide all but a few traces of his existing pain. Now that they had a job to do, he couldn't let it deter him.

"Wow, you're a real trooper, Bug-a-boo," Gunnar exclaimed, also taking flight.

"Please refrain from calling me that, if it is not too much trouble."

Gunnar rolled his eyes.

Gigas groaned weakly. His legs wobbling and his head throbbing, the HerculesKabuterimon rasped, "The god of insects... If he's the one behind this, I would like to have a word with him."

"I'd like to have more than word with him," Nocchi added, swinging his hammer about. "I might even have a full sentence with the guy!"

"I'd settle for a paragraph... small font," Kheprius growled. "And 'god of insects'? What a load... This is just some cheap magic trick. Nothin' more. Don't make this guy out to be more than he is."

"You doubt the existance of a god of insects?" Barachiel questioned, looking at Khep.

"I doubt the existance of a god of anything." Kheprius then swung in Nocchi's direction. "And you couldn't even get a termite to eat you, let a lone control a bug digimon."

Barachiel gave his brother a disapproving stare, but it was cut short as the a new wave of pain pierced through his skull. Pyra walked over to Kheprius and observed his obvious pained state. "Need some assistance?" she offered.

"No..." he said, letting go of the pillar and beginning to walk away from it. A current of pain then coursed through him and he collapsed to his knees. "Maybe..."

Pyra helped Khep up and draped his arm around her neck before they both took into the air. "Hey, Pyra, I don't think the wolf pup would like you and I being... so close and personal," the insect digimon said, managing a grin through his agony.

The Paildramon in question rolled her eyes. "Well, Azur's not here and you can hardly stand on your own, so it looks like everybody will have to deal with it."

"If... that's the case... then maybe later we could--"

"Okay," Pyra said to the others, ignoring Khep and cutting him off. "Let's move out now. The longer we wait, the more damage the insect digimon will wreak."

Hoenir and Tiwaz (who was still in Tyr's VictoryGreymon form) staggered down a moonlit street of Tiwheim in the direction of the former's house. They both reeked of ale and neither of them could walk in a straight line.

"Hey, Tiwaz..." Hoenir said, slowly looking over to his ancestor. "You're a really big hero of mine, you know that? Really big..."

"Hah, well... I get that a lot..." Tiwaz slurred, giving the EmperorGreymon a forceful slap on the shoulder. "Sure, I've done some pretty astonishing things and led my own team, but I don' like to be arrogant about it. You just have to set your heart on something and do it. 'Who Dares, Wins' is my motto. You and Tyr remember that, got it?"

Hoenir nodded and placed his arm on Tiwaz's. "Yup... Hey, there's Ther..." he said, suddenly looking in the opposite direction, to his left. "Hey, Ther! Nice night for a fly, huh?" Hoenir looked back at Tiwaz. "Ther's a Kabuterimon who lived nearby me. He's pretty nice."

They both looked to their left and saw the large form of a Kabuterimon flying silently through the air as though he had a mission in mind. "Ther!" Hoenir called again. Ther didn't so much as acknowledge him. He simply proceeded to fly high into the sky and speed off.

"...I guess he didn't hear you," Tiwaz said. "I can try if you want."

"Nah... we're hear anyways," the younger Koenig said, stopping in front of a large house and unlocking the tall and wide door. The duo walked in and collapsed on two nearby couches.

"You're def'nately a Koenig, Hoenir," Tiwaz told him, looking over to his descendant. "You managed to match me drink for drink. Barely anyone can say they accomplished that. S'a pity Tyr doesn't drink though. Funny, his father's one of the top brewers in the lands. Hymir Koenig, your uncle or something."

"Tiwaz..." Tyr pleaded, not really wanting to hear him talk about his possibly dead father.

"Fine, fine. I understand, ol' son," Tiwaz off-handedly replied to Tyr. "Speaking of sons, Hoenir, tell me more about mine. Obviously both Campion and Thlayli found mates. What were they like, do you know?"

"Well," Hoenir slurred while rubbing his eye. "I know of them... not too may details though. Campion married another EmperorGreymon... or maybe she was a BlackWarGreymon... My father would know. I think she's an EmperorGreymon. Anyways, her name's Hyzenla, but I forget her last name..."

Tiwaz nodded, taking in the information. "And Thlayli?"

"I remember his wife better. She's a WereGarurumon by the name of Pearl Weissritter, hahah."

Tiwaz blinked and slowly looked over to Hoenir. "A WereGarurumon?" he asked. A few seconds passed. "Wait... Weiss... ritter? You... mean like the furry mongrel? Fenrir?" he asked, his stomach feeling like it was starting to swerve around.

"Yeah! Pearl is actually one of Fenrir's daughters. Tyr's technically related to two Ancients, though Thlayli had the dominant genes when it came to the offspring."

Tiwaz merely stared at Hoenir, his jaw agape. The cheek muscle below his eye began to twitch as well. His only response was a shaky, barely audible exhale as if Gigas had suddenly put all of his weight on his lungs.

Hoenir chuckled. "Hahah, doesn't that make you and Fenrir in-laws? What are the chances, huh?"

Without a word, Tiwaz shakily got to his feet and staggered away from Hoenir.

"Tiwaz?"

"...I think I'm going to throw up..." he managed as he made his way into Hoenir's bathroom.

And he did.

A few moments after, Hoenir then heard the sound of a body collapsing on his floor with a resounding thud. Silence ensued...

"...Tiwaz?"

Last edited:

Kamotz

God of Monsters
The Hive-Palace of Hecatondies appeared nestled in the branches of an enormous tree. On a normal day, the air around it would be filled with the sights and sounds of thousands upon thousands of insect Digimon going about their day, collecting pollen data packets, reinforcing the hive structure, or patrolling the skies. Today, however, the Hive was empty. Every insect was instead ripping over the Digital World, their wills no longer their own.

"Perhaps I should go first," Thor suggested. "If he is indeed an insect god-king, then he will likely not speak to anyone else. Be on your guard, though. There's no telling what he might do." He looked to his three insect comrades. "Perhaps you three should wait here. You seem strong enough to resist his control, but direct commands could prove otherwise."

"C'mon, Thoreo," Samael said. "The bugs here wanna kick some *ss. Ain't nobody can control you when you're trying to rip 'em a new one."

"That remains to be seen," Thor said.

"But perhaps it is better for them to be with us regardless," Michael said. "We can keep watch over them, and if they do begin to fall to his control we can attempt to stop them."

Thor nodded, but remained silent for a moment. "So what do we do?" he asked, glancing subtly towards Bedivere.

"We go," Michael answered quickly. "We don't have time to waste with pointless discussion."

He entered the archway at the bottom of the hive tree and led the Peacemakers up through the circular corridor. It wound its way up the length of the trunk and out into the canopy. From there it was a quick walk along the main branch and they descended into the actual hive complex.

"This is taking forever," Samael muttered, poking at the sticky walls with a clawed finger. "How about we let the new fire-crotch release some pent up frustration and burn us a little hole to the big bug's bedroom?" He nodded his head over to Vritra.

"That gives away the element of surprise," Michael said.

"Uh, there's twenty-three of us up in this b*tch and some of us aren't the lightest on our feet," Samael said, jerking his tumb towards Gigas. "Thank God Tyr isn't here."

"Oh, enough," Thor said, stepping through the group. "He raised the White Sword and pointed it towards the interior wall. A glow emitted from the blade and the data of the hive bent to Thor's will. A large passageway opened in the sticky walls and pierced straight to Hecatondies's chamber.

"Been workin' out?" Samael asked. "Cus that woulda been useful six months ago."

"Shut up and walk," Michael said, brushing past Aeria and Kole and pushing Samael forward. Within a few minutes, the group had reached a large chamber, made of slimy wax and sticky syrup plastered over layers of...something.

"You came," rasped a voice from the shadows. The walls around them suddenly lit with a strange glow to reveal the source of the voice: a massive TyrantKabuterimon sat on a similarly-crafted golden throne. "He told me you would come. You would come to kill me. He told me you'd succeed."

"Who told you?" Michael demanded, already knowing the answer.

"My lord Mephistopheles."

"Lord?" Samael blanched. "What the hell is wrong with you?"

"I don't have a choice," Hecatondies said. "He made me what I am. He gave me power; power to do what I want, power to rule. And I am now compelled to obey his every whim."

"You must stop this, Hecatondies," Thor said. "You have already broken a seal, there is no more reason for you to follow his commands. Stop this now and you might be forgiven."

"But what if the blight hasn't spread to my lord's liking?" Hecatondies whispered. He was distant, his eyes unfocused as they pierced the distances between he and his armies. "I cannot know. I must continue on."

"Thor," Michael said, speaking softly to the thunder god. "Is he a god? Is this a threat we have to worry about?"

"No," Thor answered as he tested Hecatondies's spirit with his own. "He is not a god."

"Not a god," Hecatondies rasped, rising from his throne and floating closer to the Peacemakers. "A king. The king of all insects. None may resist my command." Hecatondies spread his will over Gigas, Khep, and Barachiel, and they fell seamlessly under his command. They marched over to his side and stood at attention. "My lord told me you would come; he told me you would kill me. But I will not go quietly. I have been ordered to stop you."

"You cannot stand against us with just those three," Michael said strongly. "They are our allies, and sooner or later they will break your hold."

"Perhaps," Hecatondies said. "But it is not likely. And I am not alone here. Mephistopheles has lent me the use of several others."

Suddenly four figures burst through the waxpaper walls of the Hive. The first was a DarkSuperStarmon, beside him stood a SkullMeramon, a ShadowWereGarurumon, and a hulking BlackWarGreymon.

"Interesting," Michael said. "But this changes nothing. Surrender, Hecatondies, or be destroyed."

"He told me you would try to stop him as well. But I know the truth now," Hecatondies whispered, not hearing or caring for Michael's threat. "He has brought them to this world. I have seen them. The great destroyers. The Cambion."

From behind Hecatondies's massive throne emerged seven humans with seven Rookie-level Digimon. These humans weren't children, but grown men and women well into their twenties and thirties.

"Looks like we finally meet," said the apparent leader, a dark skinned man with a Veemon partner. He turned to the other six. "Alright everyone. You know what to do."

"Biomerge Activate!"

UlforceVeedramon. JumboGamemon. EmperorGreymon. Dorugoramon. Eaglemon. Gryphonmon. BanchoLeomon.

"The children of Mephistopheles," Hecatondies rasped. "Our world is doomed."

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
Kheprius and Barachiel stood in front of Hecadonties, unable to do anything but obey his every thought. At first they struggled against his hold, but his power was too great and they succumbed to his mind control. They both turned slowly and faced the Peacemakers, their old comrades.

Both insect digimon stared at them with blank gazes. They then similtaneously leapt off of the ground and bolted through the air at blistering speeds towards the Peacemakers. Kheprius began by driving his knee into Bedivere's midsection with one leg and kicking off of his breastplate with his other to launch himself towards another party. The black-coloured insect shoulder-tackled Samael, throwing him backwards.

Barachiel promptly slashed his two beam swords vertically down towards Gunnar. The ShineGreymon hastily summoned the GeoGrey Sword in a flash of light and blocked the descending blades. "Dangit, Barachiel! If this is about the 'Bug-a-boo' thing, I'm sorry. I won't do it again," he said, kicking Barachiel backwards. Gunnar then swept the GeoGrey Sword in front of him, trying to disarm the Royal Meisters from him. "Snap out of it, already!"

The TigerVespamon redirected the blade with his own, bringing the Royal Meisters up under the GeoGrey Sword. Barachiel then dropped one of his swords, moved forward and grabbed Gunnar's wrist. "What the--" Gunnar sputtered.

Barachiel yanked Gunnar's arm forward, pushed agaist his chest and flipped the dragon-man over his shoulder so that he landed flat on his back. The TigerVespamon placed his foot on Gunnar's chest and held his Royal Meister over the light dragon.

"Cable Catcher!"

Four cords wrapped around Barachiel's wrist and pulled him off of Gunnar. The mind-controlled TigerVespamon picked up his other sword and slashed towards the wires, but Pyra promptly retracted them before the Royal Meister could come into contact with them.

"Barachiel, fight it--" Pyra began, but was cut off when the large form of a DoruGoramon slammed into her and sent her flying across the hive onto the slime-covered floor. The Paildramon growled and stood to her feet, glaring at the biomerged digimon.

"You won't defeat me..." Pyra said firmly as her form began glowing. Her iron will tempered her draconic power, not allowing a repeat of her Darkness Evolution if she had anything to say about it. "Imperal Evolution. Imperialdramon Dragon Mode!"

The large blue dragon flew into the air and snarled menacingly at Scott Carey, the biomerged DoruGoramon. He returned the gesture.

"Positron Laser!" Pyra pitched her body down and fired an immense positronic beam from her cannon.

"Doru Djinn!" the DoruGoramon held his hands in front of his chest gathering power in the space between his two palms. When the orb of power was concentrated enough, it ripped forward as a powerful beam.

The two beams slammed into each other and the amalgamation splayed out in all directions as the power negated each other.

Meanwhile, Gunnar found himself facing off against the towering BlackWarGreymon, Gaul Drago. Gaul tore towards him and slammed his fist into Gunnar's gut with so much strength that the ShineGreymon was sent careening into the hive wall.

"Ugh," Gunnar groaned in a mixture of pain and disgust as he peeled himself off of the sticky wall and landed on the ground. "Okay... You're strong, I'll give you that. ...But one of my best friends is a BlackWarGreymon; I know all your moves, Biggen! Glorious Burst!"

Rays of blinding light shot from the lenses on Gunnar's chest and wings. Most of them burned into Gaul's body, causing him to snarl in pain and retreat a step, but he soon jumped up and ripped the Brave Shield from his back. He used it to block the brilliant beams and upon Gunnar's attack dissapating, he whipped the black shield towards Gunnar.

The ShineGreymon's eyes widened. "Crap!" he spat, hastily bringing up his GeoGrey Sword to block the projectile. He managed to defend against the flying shield, but the sheer strength at which it was thrown caused Gunnar to be knocked back. "Damn, nice throwing arm..." he muttered, getting to a knee to skid to a stop.

Upon looking up, Gunnar's eyes widened upon seeing the BlackWarGreymon already on the offense again. Gaul was charging at him before Gunnar could even hope to stand up. He performed a mighty uppercut on Gunnar's gut, lifting the dragon off his feet.

The ShineGreymon gasped as air violently left his lungs, but he was able to stab one of the ends of the GeoGrey Sword into Gaul's side, inciting a grunt of annoyance. The black dinosaur then grabbed Gunnar by the face and mercilessly flipped him over and slammed him into the ground.

"Glrus Bwst," Gunnar said in a voice muffled by Gaul's hand. A highly concentrated beam erupted from Gunnar's chest and engulfed Gaul's upperbody, causing him to release his grip on Gunnar and stagger backwards.

The light dragon digimon coughed and stumbled to his hands and knees. "Ugh... With all his lucky shots, I might have to use my trump card: Burst Mode, but if I do, that'll take a lot out of me after tha battle. I'm not sure if I can afford that or not," he thought to himself.

"You're a lucky big lug," Gunnar mocked, standing to his feet and cracking his joints as he stretched. "But your luck's just run out. Play time's over. Time for you to see just how awesome I am."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kheprius dug his foot into Samael's chest, driving his pal backwards.

"Die for the glory of Hecatondies!" he barked, driving his right Gran Killer forwards but missing the demon.

Upon doing so he darted to the side to avoid an attack and made himself rebound off of the floor, diving head-first at Samael. "Grandis Scissors!" The two pincers on Kheprius head opened up wide and then snapped shut upon drawing close to the Beelzemon.

"All hail Lord Hecadonties," he said with a sneer.

Meanwhile, Khep's insect brother was also locked in combat will allies. Barachiel slashed one of his Royal Meisters at Michael, only to have it blocked by the angel's own beam sword. As he struggled against Michael's sword, behind him, he drove his foot into Caradoc's chest and slashed behind him with the Royal Meister in Barachiel's left hand. He retracted his right sword and aimed the tip towards Michael.

"Gear Stinger," he said calmly. Bolts of energy ripped out of the tips of both the beam swords. The right sword fired the blasts towards Michael in front of him, while the left sword shot them at Caradoc behind the mind-controlled insect.

"Hail Hecadonties..." he murmured while his form was illuminated by the attacks that blasted away at his allies.

Chaos finally broke through. The world of sounds was overpowered by the cacophony of weapons clashing against weapons, explosions and war cries, and promises and threats of complete utter destruction. Everyone attacked whoever was closest, or the one that they deemed a worthy enough opponent. Through it all, Hecatondies stood back, akin to the final boss or the general waiting for his minions to finish off his enemies, or his enemies finish off his minions for him to take care of…despite getting the prediction of being killed right then and there. It wasn’t clear whether was resigned to his prophesized fate or fight against it with all his might.

That question was why Shoon asked, “So, if you say you’re going to get killed by us, why are you putting so much of a fight?”

The TyrantKabuterimon looked at him almost morosely. “You…how did you get through all of them?” he wondered, noticing that the Mamemon X had somehow weaved, dashed and dodged every attack and foe sent his way (deliberate and accidental) to get to him.

The Mamemon X just blinked; it wasn’t something he really thought about. All the running and escaping he had to do before meeting Azur, as well as his short time with the nomads, had made him very good at running through obstacles without getting hit, sometimes undetected. This would have made him great at heading straight towards the head honcho unscathed…if he had the ability to anyway…along with the sense to.

Instead of answering Hecatondies, he simply replied, “Hey, I asked you a question first!” He folded his arms, frowning at the many times larger Digimon reprimandingly.

“No matter…disappear from here. Shine of Bee,” the TyrantKabuterimon said, his voice hollow and distant.

Shoon stood still for the second that the large insectoid Digimon suddenly grew bright before realizing what was about to happen. And then he did a one-eighty turn. And then he started sprinting and screaming with his eyes wide and his arms flailing. “Gyaaaaah! I was asking a questiooo-”

BOOOOOM!

As the attack of the self-proclaimed King of Insects concluded in a fiery explosion of bright light that burnt the ground that he hovered over and singed every single cloth in proximity, Shoon was sent flying off his feet. The blast made him airborne and sent him flying past Hira’s head (with Shoon screaming bloody murder and probably giving the Mihiramon’s eardrums a good beating).

Continuing the flightpath, Shoon actually flew over a number of digimon’s heads, ally and foe alike, before getting low enough to crash right into a rather hard body and sending both of them sprawling all over the floor.

Sitting up despite the dizziness that had begun to take over his head, Shoon blinked and looked at whoever he had rammed into. He couldn’t really see through his blurry vision, he thought he recognized the outline.

“Heeey, is that you Justin?” he called out, standing up. “Thanks for catching me! Well, sort of catching me. You can’t believe how crazy that felt. I mean, flying can be fun, but when you’re not supposed to fly, it’s plain freaky, I tell you…and terrifying to boot! I thought I was going to turn into splat right into a wall and turn into a Mame-omelette!” he exclaimed, looking himself over for dents and scratches that might’ve been caused by his crash landing. His vision had begun to clear up by then.

“That can still be arranged,” an unfamiliar voice said, coming from where ‘Justin’ stood.

Shoon blinked away the last vestiges of blurriness and turned his head upwards, towards his supposed saviour. His sight was completely blocked by a dark blue surface with a metallic sheen.

“Or maybe you’d look better scrambled,” the surface said. Shoon looked upwards, seeing someone that looked like Justin, but with different colors. Where Justin was gold and white, this one was dark blue and black. A DarkSuperStarmon.

“Y-y-y-you’re not Justin!” Shoon exclaimed, jumping backwards (with surprising distance) with a shocked expression his face.

“Congratulations, Mr. Obvious. Shall we give you your prize?”

Shoon’s eyes suddenly lit up. “I won something!? What did I win? What did I win?” he asked, jumping up and down excitedly.

Marcus the DarkSuperStarmon’s eyes behind his sunglasses narrowed. “Nothing…except maybe a Dark Explosion!”

Dark energies of space gathered in front of the DarkSuperStarmon’s hands, condensing into a sphere, before shooting forwards coated with violent auras. Shoon barely had time to yell before the sphere exploded in front of him in a mass of black power and surging heat. It was coincidentally fortunate that the blast from the attack sent him flying before the brunt of the attack could actually get to him.

Of course, this also meant that he was sent airborne again.

“Not agaiiiiiiiiiiin!”

--------------------------------------------------------------

For the first few minutes of the whole “I now control all your insect allies and you must fight them” scene, Aeria had been frozen. While she wasn’t close with any of them, the idea of having to fight them at all made her sick to her stomach. They were her allies; she shouldn’t – couldn’t fight with them even if her life depended on it. And thinking about it only made her even more nauseas.

And then a bright flash caused her to snap out of whatever hold her mind had on her. She quickly turned to where it came from and found its origins coming from Gunnar, who was currently tackling with a BlackWarGreymon.

She hesitated a bit before deciding to go to the ShineGreymon’s aid. Other than the TigerVespamon called Barachiel back during Gigas and Ivy’s wedding and Pyra, the other Greymon had been the only one to show her a bit of friendliness to her. Besides, as a WarGreymon herself, she might be able to help him predict the BlackWarGreymon’s attacks.

Flash Bantyo Punch!”

Turning to her side, Aeria barely had to time to raise her arms in front of her in a guarding position before pure energy in the shape of a large lion-shaped slammed into her, knocking her off balance and pushing her backwards. She landed roughly, wincing. She recovered quickly, however, pushing herself onto her feet to catch the blade that was about to cut into her with one of her Dramon Killers.

The BantyoLeomon narrowed his eyes, pushing against Aeria’s weapons and forcing the female WarGreymon’s knees to buckle underneath her. A few seconds later, she found herself back in the same position she was just a moment ago: on her back. This time, she had a fierce looking BantyoLeomon hovering over her, poised to strike at her with a fist.

“Time to say goodnight,” the lionman Digimon muttered as his fist burst with orange aura.

Aeria started to panic. Getting hit right there and then might mean she would be down for the count, considering the strength of her assailant. And then she began to think of what might happen if she were taken out. Her panic grew, realizing that it might cause her turn into…into…she didn’t even know what to call that side of her. All she knew was that, at all costs, she couldn’t afford to get at that point.

“No!” she cried out, quickly pushing palms forwards, an orange sphere that looked like it contained the insides of a live volcano appearing in front of her. “Terra Destroyer!

The sphere suddenly expanded greatly in size, bringing the BantyoLeomon above the sphere before he could land his attack. And then the enlarged energy bullet was sent blasting towards the ceiling, crashing with a mighty explosion.

Aeria stood on shaky legs, panting and looking up at the smoke and falling debris. She tensed up when she saw a humanoid form fall down. She raised her weapons reflexively as the BantyoLeomon landed on the floor meters away from her, looking only slightly injured at her attack.

“Not so weak as previously thought,” he muttered as he stood up, looking at Aeria intensely.

“Why…why are you doing this?” Aeria asked without really thinking.

The BantyoLeomon frowned. “…I can’t answer that.”

“But-“

“This conversation is over.” The BantyoLeomon suddenly charged at her, prompting the WarGreymon go into the defensive.

The BantyoLeomon gave a quick punch that Aeria was only barely able to dodge by sidestepping. She couldn’t dodge the consecutive sword slash, however, and had to settle for blocking it with one of her Dramon Killers. She had to exert a lot of effort to keep from being overpowered, but she managed to hold off the force long enough to follow it up with a low sweep with her free arm.

She managed to get her opponent’s legs, causing him to fall forwards. He was able to the momentum, however, to flip from a single hand and into a crouching position, where he was then easily able to execute a sweep kick that caught Aeria’s legs.

By reflex, Aeria was able to backflip from her hands, copying what her opponent had done, as well as giving herself from distance from her opponent.

She didn’t even have any moment of reprieve before her opponent was upon her again. And then she began to think that she might be able to last long in this kind of battle.

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
Guinier flashed forwards, and another cobalt flash met her, sparks flying as the two UlforceVeedramon clashed their sabers in a high-speed duel, flashing back and forth through the air at each other.

"Why are you helping Mephistopheles?!" she cried to her male counterpart.

"You could never understand," he replied coldly, before striking with a fierce kick she narrowly avoided, before his V-crest lit with force. "Ray of Victory!"

Still off-balance from dodging the kick, Guinier was struck full-force by the blast and propelled back into the wave of the hive. She hit with a cry of pain, slumping down as the UlforceVeedramon rocketed towards her with his blade drawn back to impale her...

"Pyro Barrage!" Flames roared into him in a volley of liquid fire, and even with his intense speed, the Biomerge was caught, hurled away wreathed in flame as Vritra roared past with a glance at Guinier, shooting towards Hecatondies. Fire wreathed her, her burning wings ablaze with liquid flame. Her Rudri Tarpana elongated into swords, which burned with molten light as she prepared to strike the King of Insects with them.

"Bee Cyclone," the TyrantKabuterimon said, voice still hollow and distant. A swarm surrounded him, many thousands of insects all gathered in a defensive barrier, and Vritra's furious blows made no effect on the wall, even as rays of burning light shone from beneath them. "Shine of Bee."

Liquid light roared from Hecatondies, atomizing his subordinate defenders before plowing into Vritra, knocking her flat despite her efforts to remain standing, She was hurled flying by the attack, knocked to the ground and crushed by its force, and when the Shine of Bee ended, she stood with an angry roar, charging again...

Then a black meteor plowed into her, knocking her down as black metal claws ripped at her. She snarled in pain, blood spilling from the wound, and lashed her tail, hurling Gaul Drago from her. He landed nimbly, skidding back slightly, settled into a combat-ready stance as she rose up.

Flame crackled around the BurningGreymon as the air shimmered in a heat haze, her wing burning ever-fiercer as her eyes lit with flame. "Wildfire Tsunami!" She beat her wings forwards and molten heat and flame roared from them, a burning gale which tore towards the BlackWarGreymon.

Gaul twisted, bringing forth his Brave Shield before him, and ducked behind the shield as the attack impacted. The flames flowed around the shield, burning into the structure of the hive, but leaving the BlackWarGreymon intact.

Vritra gave a soft growl when she saw this, erupting forwards. Gaul cast aside his shield, which formed his wings once more, and burst forwards, readying his Dramon Destroyers.

"Asura Blades!"

"Dragon Crusher!"

Burning sword met pitch-dark claws, sparks flying as the two strained. Despite size advantage, Vritra discovered that Gaul possessed incredible strength, enough to render her edge null and void. The two fought in fierce battle, sparks flying from each collision of blades. Normally any foe fighting this close to Vritra would have tired due to the intense heat she radiated, but it seemed Gaul was more than happy to fight despite what was normally a large advantage for the BurningGreymon.

He blocked one blade with a Dramon Destroyer, before twisting and using the Brave Shield to hold the other, using that same twist to propel a Dramon Destroyer forwards, stabbing it into Vritra's chest. She roared in pain and her molten wings beat forward in a rush of flame, the fires drilling into Gaul's chest and sending him roaring away, though he stopped quickly, using his Dramon Destroyers like brakes to slow his motion.

Blood leaked from the wound, and Vritra glared hate at Gaul. "Fine... if that's how you want this..." She lit with flames, spectral, intense fire which consumed her in an instant, but Gaul sensed instantly that this was an evolution. "X-Evolution! WarGreymon X!" the BurningGreymon barked angrily.

Before the flames faded, she burst from them, evolved and reformed. She was now Gaul's height, and very similar in body structure and armament, but her armor was sleeker and more advanced, her Dramon Destroyers were differently-designed, azure crystals studded the armor, and she had two vernier boosters connected to her back. Unsheathing her Dramon Destroyers, Vritra ignited her boosters and jetted forwards. She struck before Gaul could react more than readying his Dramon Destroyers, their claws meeting in a fly of sparks and a scream of edge on edge.

Gaul was instantly aware of how much power she had in this form, but he was unconcerned as he launched a furious kick, which she leapt back from, igniting her boosters and soaring upwards as flame lit around her hands, which she cupped as a sphere of molten force built between them. Seeing the warning, Gaul raised his own hands, and liquid shadow pooled in his grip.

"Terra Force ZERO!" Vritra howled, unleashing a molten blast from her hands towards Gaul.

"Terra Destroyer!" her darker counterpart answered, sending darkness and ruin from his grip, a maelstrom which struck her attack. Both detonated in a fiery cataclysm, from which Vritra erupted, whirling into a tornado as flame raced around her body.

"Great Tornado!" Gaul reacted, leaping aside and leaving her claws to tear into the floor, but she sensed this as she began to rip through the substance, and ceased the attack, trying to pull away, but as Gaul had intended her Dramon Destroyer was caught in the floor. He strode forwards, raising a Dramon Destroyer, but she brought up her free hand as flame burned around her gauntlet. "Terra Force!" Flame ripped forwards, spearing his chest, and hurled the towering black dragon-warrior away across the room. Snarling, the WarGreymon X tore her Dramon Destroyer free, cleansing it with a flash of flame, and turned to Gaul, erupting forwards in a flash of booster propulsion again...

PeeGee

ROAWR!
Tia jumped out of the way as JumboGamemon fired as torrent of water at her. Flipping backwards, the Bastemon pounced forwards and found her way onto the digimon's face.

"Hey there handsome," she quipped before slashing at his face.

JumboGamemon roared with pain as the cat woman's claws dug into his flesh, and he tried to swat the cat off his face.

"Settle down big boy," laughed Tia, jumping off his face. "You might hurt yourself."

"That hurt," said JumboGamemon, "That really hurt. Megaton Hydro Laser!"

"Oh crap," muttered Tia as she watched the water made its way towards her, and she didn't have enough time to get out of its way.

Tia braced herself and tried to hold her ground as the water slammed into her lithe body. Sent flying backwards, Tia attempted to find a way to ground herself but was only able to once she slammed into something furry.

"Seriously, do I have a target painted on my side?"

Tia sighed as she realised who she had hit. Hira. Lucky for her.

"Mind getting off me?" asked the tiger.

Instead of replying, Tia grabbed Hira and pushed him away from her, and proceeded to jump towards him. In doing so, she managed to avoid another attack by JumboGamemon.

"Stop complaining and start attacking!" snapped Tia. "Vampire Dance!"

The energy burst from the Bastemon's claws and sped towards JumboGamemon. The arcs slammed against the turtle's stomach, however they did naught more than make the turtle stagger backwards.

"Vimohana!"

Taking to the air, Hira zoomed towards JumboGamemon, and once he was fairly close to the digimon, the Mihiramon swung his tail. The resulting sonic boom made its way towards JumboGamemon's face, and managed to hit the target.

"Jumbo Jetter!" roared the digimon with fury.

JumboGamemon's legs disappeared into his body, and he pointed his arms backwards.

"Tia get out of the way!" screamed Hira once he realised what JumboGamemon was doing.

The Bastemon saw the now incredibly fast turtle digimon, who was being propelled on his stomach by his arm cannons, heading her way.

"Really is that all?" asked Tia, jumping up into the air.

However as JumboGamemon passed underneath her, he raised one of his cannons. The cannon fired out a shot that connected with Tia. The Bastemon disappeared into a cloud of explosions, and Hira watched with horror as she fell to the ground. Realising that Kole probably wasn't able to see what happened to Tia, he sped towards the prone feline's body.

"Well now that was easy," said JumboGamemon, looking over Tia's body with one foot raised over her.

"Don't even think about it!" roared Hira. "Mihiramon Digivolve Into SaberLeomon! Nail Crusher!"

JumboGamemon felt the weight of the mega as he fell on his back, followed by intense pain as Hira ripped into the turtle's shell. As the JumboGamemon screamed in pain, Hira took the opportunity to rush down and grab Tia.

"Hira?" weakly asked Tia. "Is that you? Since when can you digivolve?"

"You don't get to being the head Deva without being able to become a Mega," replied Hira with a chuckle. "And you may want to try and start fighting again."

"Shut up," muttered Tia with a smirk on her face.

==============================

"Clown Trick!"

The magic swirled around Gaul's body and constricted, making the BlackWarGreymon turn his attention towards Kole. He sped towards the clown, before he started to twirl.

"Black Tornado!"

Kole's eyes widened as he watched Gaul disappear into a black coloured tornado, which was conveniently heading his way. Then he started laughing, and threw a handkerchief over himself.

"You missed me!" called out Kole, poking out his tongue.

Which was a big mistake on Kole's behalf, as it made Gaul know where the harlequin was.

"Terra Destroyer!"

The BlackWarGreymon summoned a ball of dark fire and hurled it towards Kole. The Piedmon narrowed his eyes and unsheathed two of his swords. As the Terra Destroyer came into close proximity of the Piedmon, he slashed forward with them. As the swords cam in contact with the fireball, the ball of fire exploded. The explosion sent Kole flying backwards, into a wall.

"That was way stronger than it should be," said Kole to himself. "BlackWarGreymons should not be that strong. I guess that means I have to take some drastic measures, I just hope that this doesn't end badly. Heaven shall crumble and Hell will rise! Face my wrath with your very own eyes!
From the heart of chaos itself! I shall destroy you myself! Apocalyptic Evolution! Apocalymon!
"

Kole felt the familiar rush of energy as his body expanded into the enormous body of Apocalymon. The dark energy within his body felt refreshing and Kole felt something akin to an evil smirk adorn his face.

"Now this is more like it," said Kole.

Damn right it is

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
"Move, clown!" Vritra snarled as Kole moved to intervene in the battle. Gaul was her opponent, not his, and she would not allow him to interfere.

Then he became Apocalymon, and she grudgingly decided to raise the issue later. Withdrawing, she glanced over the field, seeing Aeria engaged in a fierce struggle with the BanchoLeomon.

Humans. You thought them weak and unworthy, and then they came and blew you away with their power... that was why she was wary of every last one.

Regardless, the other WarGreymon didn't seem ready for this, such intensive battle as she was engaged in, so Vritra chose to give her some respite.

Her boosters lit and she roared forwards, catching the BanchoLeomon mid-blow with a savage strike of Dramon Destroyer, hurling the humanoid lion away from Aeria as the destructive goddess landed, ready for battle.

The BanchoLeomon rose with a savage, feline snarl, and charged, fists clenched and ready to punch, but as a Flash Bancho Punch struck, Vritra was moving, ducking around the strike before attacking.

"Dragon Crusher!" Her talons struck the gakuran and the Biomerge Digimon was knocked away, but the gakuran wasn't penetrated and beyond a bruise, the BanchoLeomon was unharmed. Snarling, Vritra lit her boosters and focused, collecting the fiery power between her hands rather than using them to move. A sphere of molten force built, before she spoke, "Terra Force ZERO!"

The burning force exploded forwards, consuming the BanchoLeomon before she could even react, the Biomerge vanishing into the fires. Vritra then ignited her jets and burst forwards, spinning into a burning tornado as the fiery remnants of the previous attack collected into the cyclone. The WarGreymon X ripped into the heart of the fire, but the BanchoLeomon wasn't there, Vritra passed through the flames before stopping, glancing around warily...

"Flash Bancho Punch!" A burning blow flashed, and Vritra barely guarded with the Brave Shield, but she was now on the back foot, forced to defend as the attacked continually unleashed more savage punches, which the WarGreymon X continually had to dodge or block.

"Terra Force!" Vritra finally snarled, unleashing fire and fury from her hands, which speared the BanchoLeomon and hurled her away. The Biomerge Digimon landed nimbly on her feet, eyes narrowing as she glared at Vritra...

-

Victor tore forwards, slashing at Guinier skillfully, clearly he was experienced in acting at such high speeds. The other UlforceVeedramon was hard-pressed to block, due partly to her lack of a shield.

"Ray of Victory!" Victor called, catching both of Guinier's blades in a lock with his saber and shield. Power screamed from his V-crest and struck the Peacemaker, hurling her away into the wall of the throne room. Exploding forwards in a cobalt blur, the Biomerge Digimon grabbed Guinier by the throat and hurled her to the ground, before flashing downwards and decking her with a vicious punch before she even hit the earth.

She stood with a snarl of pain and anger, eyes glowing crimson. "Enough... I didn't want this, human... but you chose your side. So I have no choice..." The crimson of her eyes washed over her cobalt armor, lighting it in a terrible, bloody shade as she roared, consumed by the crimson power...

“The blood-red dusk shall engulf the skies! Behold your entire world’s demise! My rage shall bring forth a blood-soaked night! Tremble at my power, this blood-red might! Megiddo Evolution! Megidramon!”

With a baleful roar, she rose up, transformed into that terrible, blood-red hell-drake, Megidramon. "Megiddo Flame!" Fire poured from her maw towards Victor, who evaded in a cobalt flash, before shooting towards her, but she blocked his fierce slash with an arm-blade, glaring fiercely at him before swatting him back with a motion of her arm. Eyes glowing fully crimson, she raised a hand, tracing a great circle in the air, blood-red, burning with malicious force, Victor eying it warily.

She completed the circle and it formed, a crimson gate, burning with dark power as she placed her hand to its back and focused, its light growing more intense as Victor charged towards her, aiming perhaps to stop the attack, but it was already too late. An instant before he could hit, the gate ripped open and Guinier spoke.

"Har-Megiddo Gate!"

Hellfire and ruination exploded from the gate, and Victor narrowly brought up his Tensegrity Shield to block the attack. Even so, it hurled him away in a burning maelstrom, smashing him against the wall, but he used the impact to escape the focused beam of the attack, realizing perhaps that Guinier had to focus on it and thus it could only fire in one direction.

Racing forwards, the UlforceVeedramon slashed across Guinier's neck and head with his sabers fiercely, opening fierce crimson gashes against her flesh, before lighting his V-crest with power. "Ray of Victory!" Power roared from the crest and bathed the Megidramon's face, hurling her away with its force.

As she crashed down, Victor descended, landing on her chest and readying a blade to decapitate her.

"Hail Mephistopheles," he said coldly, drawing the saber back...

-

Caradoc was not happy in the slightest.

Not only had human Tamers apparently joined Mephistopheles, but through no will of their own, Gigas, Kheprius and Barachiel had been forced over to Hecatondies, and now the Valkyrimon faced the TigerVespamon.

"Barachiel, snap out of it!" he snapped at his comrade. "Dig down, you're in there below that bastard's control!"

"For Hecatondies," Barachiel replied softly, in his usual manner, charging forwards and raising his Royal Meister. He slashed in a reserved, accurate manner, which made it easy for Caradoc to block one strike with the Feral Sword, and sidestep the other energy blade, before using his free arm to shoulder-shove the insect knight away. Pressing the slight edge this gave him, Caradoc raced forwards, clashing blades with Barachiel while trying to wrestle one energy sword from the TigerVespamon, but Barachiel reacted in a manner he didn't expect, deactivating the sword, dropping it and then gripping his foe's forearm and performing a blurred motion which resulted in Caradoc's arm being twisted painfully behind his back as Barachiel stood behind him. Their swords were still locked, but the Valkyrimon could barely see the blades, making it hard to keep the lock and thus prevent Barachiel from stabbing him.

Out of the corner of his eye, he noticed the Royal Meister still lying on the floor, the deactivated blade pointed towards Barachiel's foot, and thinking rapidly, he stamped on the control for the energy blade, causing it to light, the cone of energy stabbing through the TigerVespamon's armor and causing him to gasp in pain, releasing the Valkyrimon, who promptly hammered his face with an elbow. As the insect backed up, Caradoc turned, and burst forwards, striking with a volley of punches and kicks which Barachiel somehow miraculously blocked, before nailing Caradoc with a kick to the chest which sent the Valkyrimon skidding back.

As he stopped, Caradoc glared fierily at Barachiel. "You may have turned against your own will... but I won't lay down and let you kill me. I'll fight you with everything... no matter what it takes, Barachiel. So now I'll show you something no-one else yet knows... an evolution I've taken but once. Once I let myself languish in darkness... I took on the power of the night... but now with Guinier, I accept the light... and I took on its power..." He was swathed in a burning, golden flame. "Behold my power, Barachiel..." And he vanished into the fire's intensity.

"In darkest dusk, in brightest dawn, the light of hope is never gone. The darkness ruled my heart forlorn. Now, see the light that rules my heart reborn! Phoenix Evolution! Phoenixmon!"

He exploded, reborn, burning with fire and light, the very image of a radiant light, Phoenixmon.

"Crimson Flame!" he called, voice now softer, but carrying a deep grace which could not be defied. Golden fire sang from his beak, a spiraling prominence which speared Barachiel and hurled him away, ablaze. The TigerVespamon was crushed into the ground, burning with flame before he rose, drawing both Royal Meister and charging at rapid speed towards Caradoc, his armor glowing.

"Gear Stinger!" he called, unleashing a rain of cybernetic needles from his armor towards the Phoenixmon, who burned with force and fire, beating his wings to send out a burst of burning wind, melting the needles away before scattering them. Regardless, the maneuver took enough time for Barachiel to reach Caradoc and slash with the Royal Meister, opening wounds across the Phoenixmon's chest, spilling blood into his fiery golden feathers. Giving a snarl of pain, Caradoc beat his wings, lifting into the air as every feather glowed with power, eyes burning with that terrible golden light.

"Be purified and freed," he said softly to Barachiel.

"Hecatondies has granted me purity," he replied. "He has granted me service."

"He has granted you slavery, and I shall break your chains as Guinier broke mine," Caradoc replied, spreading his wings to their outermost extent. "Starlight Explosion!" His wings beat down, and power tore from them, power and light which washed over and consumed Barachiel...

-

Bedivere tore forwards, drawing the Fragarach and splitting it into twin blades as he charged Hecatondies. He could see the priority was to defeat the insect king and halt the blight, even if the seal was broken, the swarm couldn't be allowed to continue ravaging the land.

"Shoryu Slash!" he called, sweeping his blades in arcs which unleashed burning flames, twin flares which ripped towards Hecatondies. The TyrantKabuterimon raised his hands and spoke in that distant voice.

"Bee Cyclone." The barrier of insects formed, and Bedivere's fiery attack broke against it, leaving Hecatondies unharmed. The Slayerdramon hurled one sword up, raising his hand as a sphere of emerald light formed in his grip, Bedivere speaking in a regal voice.

"Digitalize of Soul!" Spears of force erupted from the sphere and struck the wall of insects, detonating in flashes of emerald, but once more the Bee Cyclone was unaffected.

Catching his second Fragarach, Bedivere tore forwards, slashing at the defensive walls, barely registering the shining force building beneath...

"Shine of Bee." Force exploded, atomizing the insect subordinates and hurling the Slayerdramon away as Hecatondies emerged, completely unaffected, eyes still distant...

Kamotz

God of Monsters
Michael managed to shield himself from Barachiel's attacks, and Caradoc was quick to take the lead against the TigerVespamon. Michael prepared to resume his attack, but was interrupted by the arrival of the savage Lucian Beastmane. The wolf man let out a howl as he attacked; his jaws latched onto Michael's shoulder and he wrapped his powerful hands around the archangel.

"Off me!" Michael shouted, letting loose with a burst of holy power. "I have no time for the likes of you."

"Make time," Lucian growled. He sprang forward, his claws cracking with energy. "Wolf Claw!" Michael's shield took the brunt of the blow, and the archangel held firm. "Garuru Kick!"

Lucian's follow-up cracked him across the face and sent him tumbling over the ground. Michael rose to his feet, but Lucian was upon him once more. He drove his brass-knuckled fist into the archangel's face and drilled his nose with a vicious knee strike.

"There's no way you're the one Lord Mephistopheles is so worried about," Lucian sneered as he stalked towards the archangel. "Not when you're so wea-"

Michael sprang forward, the Excalibur lit and ablaze with holy light. He thrust with the blade, but Lucian's quick reflexes saved his life. He flipped over Michael's strike and spun in the air. His claws cracked with power as he wheeled about on Michael.

"Wolf Cla-"

"Hand of Fate!" Michael suddenly spun around, surprising Lucian with the speed of his spin, and unleashed his attack. It struck the beast man in the chest and hurled him back through the air. "Where is he?" Michael demanded. "Where is Mephistopheles!?"

"On his way to victory," Lucian snarled. "We've been breaking seals all over the Digital World. Some of them are events so small and obsolete that you'd never notice unless you looked. Others," he motioned to Hecatondies, "others can reshape the entire world...in the image of lord Lucifer."

"Not if I kill you first," Michael said. He ignited the Excalibur and launched himself back into battle.

=====

"Die for the glory of Hecatondies!" Khep barked

"See, this is why I'm against mind control," Samael quipped as he dodged the attack. "Sure you get complete control over someone, but they lose all creativity."

Khep exploded forward headfirst and clamped his pincers around Samael's waist. He wrenched himself upward, lifting Samael off the ground. Samael struggled against the iron-clad grip to no avail.

"All hail Lord Hecadonties," he said with a sneer.

"Really?" Samael asked through gritted teeth. "Really? That's what you say at a time like this. For shame!" He quickly jabbed to fingers into Khep's eye, forcing the bug to release him and clutch at his face. "I'm gonna kick your *ss just so you don't embarrass yourself anymore, capiche?"

"Hail Hecadondies!" Khep snarled, charging forward wildly once again. His pincers opened wide.

"Again with this?" Samael wondered, meeting his charge. He leaped over Khep and grabbed his pincers as he flipped over his head. Then he used his forward spinning momentum to lift the beetle off his feet, flip him through the air, and slam him into the ground. He stood over Khep. "You even fight like a bug now. Where are all those beastly moves you had befo-"

Khep's pincers suddenly clamped around his ankle and he pulled Samael off his feet. He swung the fallen angel through the air and with a hiss, he slammed Samael into the ground with all his might.

"Yeah," Samael groaned. "That was it. GAH! I think I have rocks in my lungs. Gimme a minute here."

But Kheprius wasn't inclined to oblige him. He grabbed Samael by his hair and hauled him to his feet despite Samael's shouts of protest. He turned Samael to face him and gripped the fallen angel's head between his pincers.

"OW OW OW!!! Enough with the pincers already!" Samael shouted.

"Gran Killer," Kheprius deadpanned. He drew back both arms to skewer his demonic opponent and thrust his claws forward.

"Darkness Claw!" Samael shouted. He positioned his claws exactly between the blades of Khep's Gran Killer gauntlets, locked them there, and pushed them to the side. He then swung his legs up and drove his feet into Khep's chin. He landed in a crouch, drew a scimitar, and ripped forward in the blink of an eye. He slashed a long thin gash across Khep's torso.

Khep doubled over; Samael's attack had been precise to the millimeter. He had cut through just enough armor and flesh to cause the most pain possible while inflicting the least amount of permanent damage or injury. The bug growled angrily.

"Khep, give it up," Samael said. "I'm just a better killer than you, but believe me you sleep better at night." Khep let out a furious roar and spun around. He charged wildly. "Good going, Sammy. Way to placate the guy."

Khep slammed into Samael and carried him through the air. They crashed through the sticky-sweet walls of the hive and burst out into the open sky. But Khep didn't stop there. He drove Samael into the trunk of the hive-tree; they cracked through the outer bark and smashed through into spiraling core. All the while clawing and slashing at one another.

=====

Hecatondies split through his insect wall and surged towards Bedivere. His claws lit with power and he crashed against Bedivere's guard. Energy ripped from his claws and hurled Bedivere across the room, he spiraled into the intensely sticky wall and remained there, unable to slide to the floor.

"I have the powers of all my people," Hecatondies said. "I am them, as they are me. Mega Electro Shocker!" Lightning exploded from the insect king's hands and ripped towards the trapped Bedivere.

But Thor swooped between them and slashed the White Sword against the attack.

"I hope you don't mind, Bedivere," he said, turning from the dragon back to the giant insect across the room. "Just hurry and free yourself."

Thor spread his wings and shot through the air, the White Sword glowing. Hecatondies saw and met his charge, answering his sword's power with the cry of "Giga Scissor Claw." Their powers clashed and exploded through the grand chamber, showering other combatants with sparks.

"Shine of Bee!" Hecatondies cried, blasting Thor with a vicious red beam. Thor recoiled in pain, but was quick to defend himself as the insect king charged forward. He locked his mighty sword with Hecatondies's claws and held him back in a deadlock.

"My turn," the thunder god said with a smirk. "Hyper Prominence!" White-hot power howled from his body and hurled itself against Hecatondies, but his remaining bees quickly formed around him and protected him from the brunt of the attack.

"Not bad," Thor whispered. "He's good."

"Horn Buster Kai!" Hecatondies screamed angrily, furious with being foiled and pushed so far. Power streaked from his horns and crashed towards Thor.

But the thunder god simply readied himself and brought the White Sword down against the attack with all his might. Power exploded and flooded the chamber with light and force.

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
Bedivere tore free of the sticky walls of the hive, and he readied his swords, charging forwards and sliding them along the ground, causing sparks to fly as he erupted towards Hecatondies. Friction built, increasing the heat of the blades, and then with a force of will, they caught light and he slashed, unleashing two burning dragons towards the insect king, who willed his insects to guard, the bees forming a wall against the blazing attack.

The twin dragons broke against the barrier, but Bedivere kept charging, swords ready. He passed Thor, and Hecatondies broke apart his insect barrier, bringing up claws crackling with electrical force.

"Mega Electro Shocker," the TyrantKabuterimon spoke, unleashing bolts of lightning from his claws, which struck Bedivere in a burning flash, hurling him back and crushing him down beside Thor in a burning explosion. "You shall not prevail," the insect king said. "I shall not submit to my fate kindly."

"You shall submit to it in the end," Bedivere replied, standing with a snarl, discharge crackling across his armor. "That I promise you..."

-

Caradoc's attack consumed Barachiel, hurling the angelically-disposed insect across the room in a burning inferno of starlight. The Phoenixmon hovered, wings still outstretched as he regarded the TigerVespamon, and his eyes narrowed as Barachiel rose, readying the Royal Meister.

"Enough, Barachiel," he said. "We don't need to fight like this!"

"As Hecatondies commands, so shall it be done," Barachiel replied. "And he commands that you perish." He raced skywards, beam-blades crackling with power as he prepared to impale Caradoc.

"Crimson Flare!" Caradoc answered, wings shining as he unleashed the inferno from his beak once more. "Starlight Explosion!" His wings beat downwards and a gale of burning starlight tore forth, spiraling around the Crimson Flare and both attacks plowed into Barachiel, hurling him back, but yet again he stood and charged.

There was no finesse, no strategy, just endless charging. It was if Hecatondies had overwhelmed them entirely, replacing their strategic fighting with primal instinct.

What was worse was that if Barachiel could outlast Caradoc's attacks, then he would have to Slide Evolve to be able to fight him effectively. Phoenixmon may have had a formidable ranged arsenal, but his close-quarter skills in that form were practically non-existent.

As he was thinking, Barachiel was rocketing upwards, Royal Meister blades ready to impale and kill the Phoenixmon, and Caradoc knew he had no choice. He had to end this and held the others, Guinier in particular looked overwhelmed by her opponent.

"Starlight Explosion!" he called, bombarding Barachiel with the molten starlight once again, before coating himself in white light. "Galahad... help me."

From the depths of his soul, a voice answered, one he hadn't spoken with in so very long. "Then I am with you, Caradoc Stern... Light exploded from the Phoenixmon's form, and he began to chant.

“A shroud of hope engulfs the night! With dragon’s wings I shall take flight! Justice, fill me with dragon’s might! All shadows beware – the Dynast Knight! Draconis Evolution! Dynasmon X!”

He emerged as a pitch-dark dragon knight, four ragged wings exploding out as his claws spread wide, eyes glowing slightly as he glared at Barachiel, his jagged armor carving a demonic silhouette on the air.

"Barachiel," he spoke, a new authority added to his voice by Sir Galahad's spirit. "I will break you free of these shackles, by all my might... that I promise."

"For Hecatondies!" With that, the TigerVespamon charged, readying the Royal Meister.

Caradoc rocketed towards him, fists clenching and burning with draconic aura. Spectral flame began to burn around his form as he spoke, "Breath of Wyvern!" Draconic fire erupted forth, a burning wyvern which consumed Barachiel and dashed him into the ground, giving Caradoc a window of opportunity while the TigerVespamon recovered. As Barachiel stood, a heavy blow knocked him reeling, followed by a kick which left claw marks against his armor and decked him.

Caradoc stood over Barachiel, but the insect knight twisted, slashing his beam-blades across the Dynasmon X's knees, causing him to collapse with a snarl of pain. Acrobatically standing, Barachiel stabbed with a Royal Meister towards Caradoc's face, aiming to impale his skull and end the battle, but the knight caught the beam-blade with a hand and with a strong motion, hurled Barachiel upwards with it, standing with a wingbeat and erupting after the TigerVespamon. Burning aura lit in his palm, and he raised it towards the insect knight.

"Dragon Thrower!" A bolt of vibrant energy tore from the ruby set into his palm, impacting with Barachiel and detonating in a blaze which consumed the TigerVespamon...

Hotshot

Sha leaped into the air just as his EmperorGreymon opponent swung his sword at his feet. The Shawjamon propelled himself off the larger Digimon's shoulder and landed nimbly a few yards away. Wheeling around, he parried Andrew's powerful strike. The first bead of sweat ran down Sha's face. He struggled to keep the EmperorGreymon at bay.

But Andrew had the advantage of both weight and position. His eyes narrowed, and he flung Sha away with little effort. The frog-man skidded along the ground and quickly rose to his feet again. By this time, his opponent had begun charging his attack. Pointing his sword at the Shawjamon, Andrew roared, "Dragonfire Crossbow!"

The fire tore into Sha's midsection, hurling him into the opposite wall. He slammed into the wall and crashed to the ground in a heap. Smoke rose up from his stomach. He groaned and tried to rise, but Andrew was on him again in an instant.

Instead of leaping to his feet as he normally would do, the Shawjamon spun around on the ground, taking out Andrew's feet with a sweeping kick. The EmperorGreymon hurtled to the ground, and Sha rose. Their positions were now reversed. Sha grabbed onto the EmperorGreymon's shoulder pads and flung him over his shoulder into the wall behind.

Grinning, Sha dove for his staff and somersaulted. Leaping back to his feet, the Shawjamon raised his staff. Andrew rose, gripped his sword in both hands, and charged. The battle continued.

==========

"Heat Chain!" Damien roared, striking at Ivy with his superheated weapon. The Lilymon X swerved around the swings, narrowly dodging each one. She was fast, but there was no way she could dodge forever. Panting, she leaped back to avoid another strike, and then clapped her hands together. They merged into a large flower, which opened up to reveal a cannon within.

"Flower Cannon!" Ivy exclaimed, letting loose a powerful blast at the SkullMeramon. Damien ceased his attack, folded his arms over his chest, and withstood the projectile's force. A grin formed on his fearsome face, and his eyes glinted with amusement.

Blue flames rose up from his body, and he focused a powerful inferno in the palm of his hand. With a battle cry, the SkullMeramon hurled his intense fireball at Ivy, who dove out of the way just in time.

Although she wasn't hit, she felt the pressure of the heated attack just the same. Had she been hit, it may have been the end of her. The Lilymon X rose to her feet, panting breathlessly. She was fragile and not used to fighting.

Her eyes narrowed. This was her life now. She'd better get used to it.

==========

Nocchi faced off against Gigas. The Puppetmon wore a look of both excitement and horror on his face as he embraced the reality of his situation. For one, he was finally going to get a chance to pay the big bug back for all the annoying things he'd done...but then again, he was about to face one of the physically strongest Digimon in the world.

Nocchi grinned and tightened his grip on his hammer. "Alright, Gig! It's just you an' me now!"

Gigas stood still. "All hail Lord Hecatondies!"

Nocchi raised an eyebrow. "Nyehhhh...I don't mean to sound rude, Gig...but that had nothin' to do with our conversation."

"Hail Hecatondies!"

The Puppetmon placed his hands on his hips. "Gigas, I'm gettin' the vibe that this conversation's a little one-sided. I'd appreciate it if you actually contributed to the topic of discussion for once."

"Die for the glory of Hecatondies!" Gigas roared, stomping toward Nocchi.

The Puppetmon stumbled backward, fumbling for a better grip on his hammer, and yelled, "Nyaaaaah! Wait! I'm sorry! Don't squish me!"

TheSequelReturns

Faithful Crusader
As the chaos erupted in the huge room, Justin caught sight of someone that he knew he was going to battle. No, someone who he had to battle. He had his look, his style, but not his heart. This impostor had to pay. No sooner had Shoon been sent airborne than Justin was launching through the air towards his newfound foe. He swung his white and red gloved fist towards Marcus, who blocked it with the back of his own.

"You who embraces evil, I shall not let your injustice continue." Justin declared.

Marcus knocked him back with a quick thrust, nearly knocking Justin off balance. "Oh, a wannabe with a hero complex huh? This should be good."

The two glared at each other from behind their identical shades, and Justin was the first to break the stare-off. He turned towards his ally. "Shoon, are you alright?"

The next thing Justin knew, there was a red and black gloved fist colliding with the side of his face. Justin saved himself from colliding with the floor with his right hand, and launched into a low sweeping kick, but Marcus was too fast and dodged easily. "Is that the best you have hero?"

Justin straightened up and launched into his pointing pose. "You may be fast, but I can match you point for point. You sha-"

"Dark Explosion!"

Justin barely had time to throw his arms up to defend himself from the blast of heat and dark energy, and Marcus gave a dark laugh. "You talk too much, its making me sick."

"Likewise, fiend." Justin said. He straightened his shades and then burst towards Marcus at full speed without any pause or warning. "Galactica Eyes!"

Justin's fist took on a bright glow as he perfectly hit the weakest part of Marcus's guard, sending the DarkSuperStarmon crashing to the floor for once. Marcus however wasn't an easy target to take down, and he rolled with the impact, spinning back up to his feet where he launched towards Justin, delivering a spinning kick. Justin put up a hand to guard, but Marcus was quick to counter with a swift punch. Justin attempted to copy Marcus's earlier recovery, but ended up botching the roll and wound up on his back. He threw himself to his feet only to be met with another quick attack from his nemesis.

Justin took the hit, but used the momentum to launch into a bicycle kick, nailing Marcus right below the glasses before he hit his back hard on the floor.

The DarkSuperStarmon flexed his arm and wiped his brow. "Not bad hero. But how long can you keep it up?"

"As long as it takes. A true hero never backs down." Justin said as he pulled himself back to his feet. He pulled down on his glove and tightened his fist. "So, lets see just who has the most spirit."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

OOC: I'll add Duo and Lucia's part as soon as I get the time. Just can't write anymore right now...

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
Kheprius and Samael burst through the wall of the hive-tree, sending fragments of bark cascading in their wake. While Kheprius's Gran Killer raked across Samael's leather jacket and skin, Samael's fist connected with his eye. The savage melee raged on even as the two crashed into the side of the corridor that led up.

The demon stabbed one set claws into the surgical wound he had created in Khep's carapace, intensifying the already burning pain in the insect's chest. "For--...GAH!" Khep howled, slowly pushing Samael's fingers out of the gash and bending them back to unnatural angles as he removed them from the wound.

Samael grimaced and sliced the side of Khep's arm with the scimitar in his other hand, forcing the mind-controlled bug to release him. "Okay, Kheppy--"

Before the demon could finish his sentence, Kheprius decked him with a punch, sending Samael cracking into the wall behind him. "All hail--"

"Yeah yeah," the Beelzemon hacked, pulling himself off of the fractured bark wall. "You think Hecadonties is the best thing since sliced bread. Good fer you. Can we move on already?"

Kheprius appeared to comply, as he stopped talking and rushed forwards, stabbing the dual tips of his pincers into both of Samael's shoulders, pinning him to the wall. "Grandis Scissors," Khep flatly said, beginning to drag his natural forceps slowly through his counterpart's flesh.

Samael snarled and brought his legs up to his chest, using the applied pressure to his upper body as a pivoting point. He then kicked his legs outwards, driving both soles of his leather boots square in Khep's face, between the pincers. The humanoid insect stumbled backwards and growled, beginning to grow frustrated that his eye was so often the target of Samael's attacks.

"Hey, don't get mad at me, Khep; your eye's so big, it's practically a huge, red bulls-eye just askin' to be slugged or poked," the demon digimon said before lunging forwards, slicing the sword towards Khep.

Kheprius managed to duck as the scimitar neared him, dodging it all together. Knowing he missed, Samael quickly pulled out one of the Barajena shotguns and squeezed the trigger, plugging Khep in the chest and blasting him backwards. The insect digimon growled and managed a backflip in the air, righting himself and turning back to where Samael was. 'Was' being the operative word.

Samael was no longer where he was previously standing, instead, he banked off the nearby corridor wall and slammed into Khep, dragging him down to the ground. The Beelzemon then grabbed Khep's hair and used it to yank the bug's head into his knee repeatedly. On the fifth connection, Kheprius locked his pincers around Samael's legs and squeezed hard, putting tonnes of pressure on the fallen one's bones and muscles.

With a savage growl, Khep yanked his head to the side and released him, throwing Samael into the wall. The demon groaned as he slid to the floor of the winding corridor. Kheprius wound his foot back and delivered a heavy punt into Samael's face, knocking him back up against the wood wall.

The GrandisKuwagamon then took Samael's neck in his right hand and held him upright against the wall. Khep's next move was driving one of the tips of his left Gran Killer straight through the middle of the Beelzemon's tail and pinning it to the wooden surface. Khep removed his hand from the Gran Killer, leaving the gauntlet in the tree's side, freeing his own arm up while still keeping Samael in place.

"Hail Hecadonties," Khep muttered before driving his fist and claws across Samael's face and body.

Barachiel plummeted to the sticky ground of the throne room and lay there, still. His body was battered, burnt and broken, his red scarf even singed in some places. However, he still stirred...

The insect stubbornly arose once again, his form still smoking from Caradoc's attack. The Dynasmon narrowed his eyes and readied himself once again. "Barachiel... You do not serve Hecadonties."

"I will serve Lord Hecadonties until I am destroyed," the TigerVespamon responded, picking up both of his Royal Meisters.

"I'll see to it that won't happen," Caradoc said adamantly. The X-antibody dragon knight outstretched his palms towards Barachiel, energy already gathered within them. "Dragon Thrower!"

A maelstrom of draconic flame roared as it flew through the air towards Barachiel. The TigerVespamon launched himself into the air, flying safely above the attack but still able to feel the blistering heat waves from the blast against his chest.

Not that he cared, however. Barachiel had but one mission set forth by his "master". The death of Caradoc and the others. "Gear Stinger," he said simply, his voice managing to retain its celestial quality even through the mind control.

Beam blasts ripped from the Royal Meisters and cybernetic needles from his armour, all pounding into Caradoc, who quickly crossed his arms across his chest to brace the attack. Barachiel then followed up by changing the Royal Meister in his right hand from an underhand to an overhand position. In the blink of an eye, he threw the beam sword like a javelin towards Caradoc.

The Dynasmon X jumped out of the way, managing to dodge the flying weapon, but while he was busy drawing, he took his attention off of his opponent. Barachiel was upon him in seconds, driving the spike-like plate on his knee into the Peacemaker's gut. Caradoc threw a mighty punch towards Barachiel, but the TigerVespamon shifted to the side and grabbed the dragon knight's wrist. He then transferred the force of the punch to his own movements.

With a heave of exertion, Barachiel turned and flipped Caradoc over his shoulder, sending him falling into the ground. The insect warrior descended, and prepared the stab Caradoc through with his remaining Royal Meister. The Dynasmon X had other plans, however. He took out Barachiel's legs with a sweeping kick, causing the TigerVespamon to fall to the ground.

Barachiel recovered quickly, landing in a one-handed hand stand, and kicked Caradoc in the chest. He used the force of the action to propel himself backwards and land near his second Royal Meister.

"Break free, Barachiel," Caradoc said, slowly pulling himself to his feet. "You're strong enough to fight this."

"But I am free," Barachiel calmly responded. "We all are under Lord Hecadonties."

The Dynasmon X narrowed his eyes and clenched his fists. "No. You are the farthest thing from free... Dragon Thrower!"

Barachiel ripped through the air, but was caught in the spiralling beams of the attack. They blasted into his chest and halted his charge, but in not three seconds, Barachiel was charging him stubbornly again. Caradoc raised his claws and clashed with the celestial insect's beam swords. The TigerVespamon soon retracted his weapons from the struggle and performed a backflip in which he landed a bicycle kick on Caradoc's chin, forcing him to stagger back a step.

Barachiel then landed upright and raised both of his swords over his head. He then slashed the downwards, each beam slicing at the joints between Caradoc's shoulder and collar. He then continued the fluent motion, bringing the Royal Meisters down and then back up again, quickly slashing them across the Dynasmon X's chest.

Caradoc drove his fist into Barachiel's face, sending him reeling back. The insect knight was quick to respond though. He threw both of his Royal Meisters with incredible precision. Each pierced through the top of Caradoc's metal boots and into the hive floor. They didn't necessarily impale the Dynasmon X's feet, but, at the very least, they pinned them to the floor.

Barachiel used this window of opportunity and flew over Caradoc, landing directly behind him. The dragon knight attempted to swing around to meet him, but Barachiel grabbed his left arm and pulled it behind his back. With the insect's other arm, he locked it around Caradoc's neck and began pulling his head back with all of his strength, hoping to either render him unconscious or break his neck completely...

Gunnar flew backwards as Kole evolved, the giant Apocalymon blocking his view of Gaul.

"Okay..." the ShineGreymon muttered. "Starting to feel kinda crowded here... I guess I'll leave him to the geometrically-friendly, giant, doomsday evil thing."

With that, Gunnar raced off, searching for another opponent.

"Splendor Blade!"

Pyra flapped her mighty red wings and clashed the large golden spikes on her forearms with Scott's flaming claws.

"Mega Crusher!"

"Doru Djinn!"

Dark energy ripped from Pyra's maw and collided with a the concentrated power unleashed by the DoruGoramon's hands. Once again, the two fusions exploded, driving each other far back from one another. The Imperialdramon Dragon Mode caught herself and angled downwards, readying a Positron Laser in her dorsal cannon, knowing Scott's Doru Djinn probably has a cool-down period in which he can't use the attack until it charges.

"Positron Laser!" she growled.

However, not all went as planned. As the beam exitted the cannon's muzzle, something metal slammed at Pyra's side, tackling her to the side and causing her attack to redirect so that it missed Scott. The thing pushed her into the sticky wall of the hive, but Pyra managed to kick her attacker off of her and pull herself from the wall.

She turned and saw an Eaglemon facing her, flapping his golden wings. The dragon narrowed her eyes, glaring at him. Max, the Eaglemon biomerge, flew back and opened his beak. "Mystic Beak!"

A burning white ray burst from the Eaglemon's beak and shot towards Pyra. She quickly dove out of the way, causing the attack to miss her, but still char the edge of her wing. The dragon growled in pain, but willed herself to rocket towards him. She slammed into Max's underbelly, knocking him onto her back and pushing him as she flew. The Eaglemon could soon feel the a strong heat against his chest.

"Positron Laser." A large beam of white, positronic energy engulfed the biomerge and sent him reeling into the hive ceiling.

Meanwhile, Scott was done charging up his attack and was tailing Pyra, trying to close in for a sure hit. He got to a suitable distance and readied the flaming energy between his palms.

"Doru--" Before the DoruGoramon could fire, his view was blocked by a large, blue sphere in front of his face.

"It's not polite to hit a girl... especially a hot one," a voice said from above him. "Shining Blast," Gunnar said, concentrating all of his power into the lens on his chest.

The lens exploded with light energy, causing the DoruGoramon to howl in pain, first at being blinded by the intense light and then at his face being enveloped by the burning power. Despite being interrupted, he still released his Doru Djinn attack, though extremely haphazardly. Scott flew back and his attack hit Gunnar's leg, tripping the ShineGreymon.

Gunnar growled and lunged after the biomerge digimon. "Shine Hammer!" He plowed his spiked fist into the end of the DoruGoramon's snout and sent him flying backwards.

"Glorious Burst!" All fifteen lenses on Gunnar's body shone brightly and released rays of power towards Scott.

The biomerge digimon, however, flapped his large wings and flew above the attacks, somehow managing to avoid them all. "Brave Metal!" he roared, racing towards Gunnar.

The ShineGreymon's eyes widened and he hastened to summon the GeoGrey Sword, but he was too late to make use of it. The DoruGoramon slammed into Gunnar like a meteor, tackling him mercilessly into the wall and leaving him stuck there.

"Aw gross," Gunnar groaned, attempting in vain to pull himself off the hive wall. "Who makes walls like these anyways?"

"Doru Djinn," the large dragon growled. Destructive energy gathered in Scott's hands until he released it, causing it to surge forwards and engulf the immobile Gunnar.

The ShineGreymon howled in pain, and then hung there limp, momentarily. After several seconds, Gunnar forced himself to begin moving again. He held the GeoGrey Sword tightly in his hand. He was able to still move his arms thanks to his wings blocking them. Gunnar slowly raised his head and glared daggers into the biomerge digimon.

"Look, buddy..." he panted. "I don't care if you're half-human, half-waffle... You're working with a demon, and that..."

The GeoGrey Sword erupted into a raging, sparkling inferno that engulfed all of Gunnar's form.

"That I can't forgive!" he roared, fire burning in his eyes. "Behold my holy flames of light. This awesome force, my form ignites! With burning strength and shining might, I fly, burst through, and sweep the fight! Solar Burst Evolution! ShineGreymon Burst Mode!"

Gunnar's armour changed and his wings were replaced by roaring wings of shimmering flames. His GeoGrey Sword was replaced by the burning Corona Blaze Sword. Gunnar's usual sparkling aura now had the added bonus of solar flames to accompany it.

The ShineGreymon Burst Mode's wings surged with flame and melted the sticky substance behind him that pinned him to the wall. Now free, Gunnar hovered fowards and brandished the Corona Blaze Sword in his hand cockily in front of him.

"You think I was burningly awesome before? Get a load of me now... pal."

Last edited: