• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Digimon discussion - Digimon Ghost Game now available on Crunchyroll

BCVM22

Kinda retarted, there was a PIG who digivolved into an Angel! I was like WTF?!

...you're posting on a board devoted to a franchise where, among other things, tiny fish can evolve into giant red octopi, and somewhere along the way your thought process said to you "boy howdy, this is a terrific post to make!"?

Really? Really?

Keep up the good work.

Last edited:
Man, I used to love watching Digimon! I stopped watching it after the third series due to the replacement of the original characters. Tai was my favourite along with Agumon. Ill never forget the first time I saw him Digivolve into War Greymon, it was epic!!!

BCVM22

I stopped watching it after the third series due to the replacement of the original characters.

Your loss.

http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/digimon/
http://www.toei-anim.co.jp/tv/digimon_xw/

Official sites have launched. I can't read the moon language so I don't know that there's anything particularly interesting on them at the moment.

Larger version of the promo image

"Xros Wars" is in fact the official spelling, pronounced "Cross Wars". The combinermabobber in back is apparently "Shoutmon X4" (read as "Shoutmon Cross 4"). The goggle boy's name is Taiki Kudo and as previously noted, his partner is Shoutmon.

Magazine scan

Words:

Exclusive first scoop!!
New Digimon Anime Broadcast Conformed!!

Starting this July on Terebi Asahi Keizenkoku Network!

Digimon Army vs. Digimon Army!
A great war like never before will begin!

Digimon Cross Wars. (Digimon Xros Wars)

We have our hands on an exclusive scoop! This summer, a new “Digimon” anime will start. New Digimon and a new exciting story about new Tamers*, is coming to you faster than ever!

The new main character and his Digimon are these two!
Keeping with the same fond memories, new heros take the stage!

New information GET!! The first information about the hero and partner at the center of this story is here!! Fighting with strong memories in his heart, let’s see the power tucked away!!

A hero who saves everyone in trouble!

Kudou Taiki:
Someone who will never overlook those in need, a first year junior high school student with a warm personality. Someone who handles a lot of requests, a person who is always busy as the helper with his club activities!

A Digimon leader with a soul of rock!

Shautomon:**
A Digimon who protects the village of peace in the Digital World from the hands of evil. He is a leader admired by the Digimon in the village.

Children command the Digimon, lead the Digital World to Unity!
In this new anime, the children are commanders of the Digimon! Restoring unity to the Digital World, the armies make use of strategy and strike! Don’t miss this grand battle like you’ve never seen!

Last edited:

GaZsTiC

Alternating
Wow, the new kid is called Taiki. That's absolutely nothing like Taichi.

But it sounds good! And I have high expectations since the word "tamers" was capitalised!

Evilchibi_pichu

Entertain me minions
Xros Wars does sound interesting, but I'm a bit worried at how it seems Taich-- I mean, Taiki seems to be the only human main. I wonder if they're going to add other Tamers (never thought I would see that word in a new season) and if they, too, will become just as important...

GaZsTiC

Alternating
Xros Wars does sound interesting, but I'm a bit worried at how it seems Taich-- I mean, Taiki seems to be the only human main. I wonder if they're going to add other Tamers (never thought I would see that word in a new season) and if they, too, will become just as important...

I think there will be more main tamers in Xros Wars, as that has been the Digimon formula for years and it would be strange to change it now.

tomon

i thought it was confirmed that their would be other humans besides taiki.

Evilchibi_pichu

Entertain me minions
I think there will be more main tamers in Xros Wars, as that has been the Digimon formula for years and it would be strange to change it now.

Yeah, that's true. It's just that so far we've only seen one instead of three or more like I would expect promos and the website to have. Gives off the feeling that Taiki is the most important one with all his digimon pals behind him. I'm hoping for more, nonetheless, it wouldn't be the same without human interaction.

Does anyone know if previous promo pictures and sites showed more than one human right in the beginning? I think Savers did it, but I'm not totally sure.

i thought it was confirmed that their would be other humans besides taiki.

If there was, I must of missed it. xD The only hint seems to be the word "Tamers".

ForeverFlame

I just hope there's little to no "Real World" aspect to this season. The best part of each season was when the main characters had to live in the Digital World. That aspect was very short-loved in 02, Tamers, and Data Squad, but it was definitely the most defining moment of each season.

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
I guess many of you didn't like the manga where there was initially only one real tamer saving the world? It had a different version of Taichi too. This sounds kinda similar to it but the rest of the tamers were on the side of evil for a while at least.

Last edited:

denizenofevil

From the looks of the official poster, the art..style... thingy (whatever it's called) is similar to Digimon Savers' style. From the translated magazine text, I think it would be safe to assume that this Digimon season will have some kind of rock and roll theme which I think will be interesting to see how it turns out. I gotta say though, I'm not too thrilled about Shoutmon's appearance.

BCVM22

It looks like after the shenanigans of Frontier, and the non-goggleness of DDS, Digimon is going back to basics.

Reading the text from the magazine scan, it looks like, aside from the goggle boy, it's doing nothing of the sort. Did I miss where the first five series had their human characters controlling "armies of Digimon" including sets that appear to combine four-into-one to larger forms?

Evilchibi_pichu

Entertain me minions
I guess many of you didn't like the manga where there was initially only one real tamer saving the world? It had a different version of Taichi too. This sounds kinda similar to it but the rest of the tamers were on the side of evil for a while at least.

Digimon Adventure V-Tamer 01, right?

I've only read some of it, but I can't remember if I liked it or not. But, I did like and was interested in Digimon Next.

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
V-Tamer 01 is pretty good, but I only skimmed through it years ago (I didn't actually read it because, at the time, I didn't know near as much Japanese as I do now and only the first couple volumes had been scanlated). For the record, while a single Tamer is featured as the protagonist, there are other Tamers in the series (though they mainly act as antagonists). It's also worth noting that evolution is (for the most part) permanent in this one, much as it is in the original V-pets which it very heavily takes after.

If anyone else was studious on the original V-pet releases, I find it worth noting that V-dramon is a Digimon introduced for the sake of the manga, and in the story, it was treated as some kind of special glitched Digimon. However, they later included V-dramon (and Aero V-dramon) in the Digimon Pendulum LCD series (to be specific, Pendulum 4: Wind Guardians). From what I understand, the Digimon Pendulums were just coming out by the time the manga was first being made (the first chapter even has Taichi doing a little product-placement for them). In spite of this, Pendulums 1-5 all seem to be alluded to in the story (most notably in the crests that Taichi collects).

Tamers (never thought I would see that word in a new season)

strange how only one (thus far) series of the anime has used that term to describe the "people with Partner Digimon", in spite of the fact that it's fairly prominent almost everywhere else in the franchise (the Ryou games that take place in the Adventure universe even used "Tamer" in their titles, and possibly in-story, oddly enough).

Well except it takes place in Japan where it would be perfectly logical that a card game alone would be enough. Then again the Japanese version also talks about there being "video games." So it's possible there wasn't a TV show and the card game came about solely because of the popularity of the video games themselves.

funnily enough, Tamers showed Jenrya getting excited when his father brought back an American Digimon game. Rather odd considering the only Digimon games released in the west are a select number of localized console/portable games (most prominently the Digimon World and Digimon Story series) filled with typo-ridden translations, and a very limited number of LCD toys that seem like a hollow shell of their Japanese counterparts. If an American Digimon game can be THAT good, then either Jenrya's some kind of import enthusiast (well, he does seem like a bit of an otaku), or this MUST be an alternate version of our world's Digimon media. 'Course, the fact that we don't (to my knowledge) have a game where you can play as Terriermon fighting Gorimon in a desert is probably enough indication of that.

Last edited:

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
Digimon Adventure V-Tamer 01, right?

I've only read some of it, but I can't remember if I liked it or not. But, I did like and was interested in Digimon Next.
It was pretty good and slowly had the main hero turn all the antagonists into protagonists by defeating them and lots of moral lessons I remember somewhat.
Ulforce V-dramon was introduced in this manga and became a Royal Knight that showed up in Savers.
Digimon Next had lots of concepts used in Savers speaking of down to the same exact digivice. But they never used Z-cannon Garurumon or Victory Greymon in the anime.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
From the looks of the official poster, the art..style... thingy (whatever it's called) is similar to Digimon Savers' style. From the translated magazine text, I think it would be safe to assume that this Digimon season will have some kind of rock and roll theme which I think will be interesting to see how it turns out. I gotta say though, I'm not too thrilled about Shoutmon's appearance.

I agree that it'll be something along the lines of Saver's, but Rock and Roll theme? That's strange, what made you assume it would have that theme? It might have some sort of music theme due to the headphones on several characters on the poster, but I'm not sure if Rock would be my first choice. It's a little too early to assume that since there's hardly any information on Digimon Xros Wars yet.

I'm not too thrilled about Shoutmon's appearance but I guess it takes some getting used to. I usually judge characters by their actions anyway and Shoutmon has yet to appear.

Buizelster

Well season 6 is season 6. I'd rather not see people judge it before it comes out, and besides I'm sure it'll be interesting.