• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Digimon discussion - Digimon Ghost Game now available on Crunchyroll

BCVM22

but if there's no kids watching, then what's the reason for the reboot besides "Fuck you, give us money"?

Are you watching? Are you enjoying it? And if you aren't, are others? Who cares what the reason is? Why go through every project and make the strongest effort possible to take a massive steaming dump on everything by going "okay but WHY are they doing this other than they want money?" Yeah, businesses want money. It's generally how it works.

Seems like a great way to forcibly ruin everything for yourself at every opportunity. Especially since no one is giving them money directly via a television show.

Last edited:

NeoDude-5000

Yes to both.
OK here are some differences (spoilers ahead)
1) The show is set in the present day instead of 1999
2) The partner Digimon are legendary heroes. Sort of like in Frontier where the Digidestined inherit the spirits of the 10 Legendary Warriors
3) The Digidestined have the crests already, so they don't have to go searching for them like before
4) T.K. isn't with the DigiDestined at the moment. He's going to be like Kari being a latecomer.
5) Matt is a bit of loner this time. If you watched the most recent episode you see what I'm talking about.

That's all I can say really.

Also thoughts on the new episode. I LOVED IT!

And also Pendulum Z news (a certain DNA Ultimate is getting a new Mega): https://withthewill.net/threads/pen...cluding-2nd-wave-and-evolution-reveals.24161/

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
And also Pendulum Z news (a certain DNA Ultimate is getting a new Mega): https://withthewill.net/threads/pen...cluding-2nd-wave-and-evolution-reveals.24161/
Ah man I always thought ClavisAngemon would have been a great mega form for Shakkoumon, but SlashAngemon would work too I guess lol. I really wish they'd make a savage version of Imperialdramon as a mega for Dinobeemon instead of Grandkuwagamon. Dinobeemon is kind of like a savage version of paildramon imo, but alas digimon lines don't always make sense and aren't perfect as we are all aware.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
1) The show is set in the present day instead of 1999

The original was set in "present day, present time" as well. The reboot being more modern in appearance and technology doesn't necessarily mean it's any different as a setting. How much has Odaiba (or the district they're in) changed in twenty years, anyway, that you could believe they live someplace different and that it has affected their way of life as well as (in future episodes) how the Digimon interact in the real world?

NeoDude-5000

Ah man I always thought ClavisAngemon would have been a great mega form for Shakkoumon, but SlashAngemon would work too I guess lol. I really wish they'd make a savage version of Imperialdramon as a mega for Dinobeemon instead of Grandkuwagamon. Dinobeemon is kind of like a savage version of paildramon imo, but alas digimon lines don't always make sense and aren't perfect as we are all aware.
SlashAngemon always seemed like an ideal choice to replace Vikemon. It wears armour and has holy power, just like Shakkoumon inherting Ankylomon's armour and Angemon's holy power. Also we have BlackImperialdramon as the 'savage' Imperialdramon.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
SlashAngemon always seemed like an ideal choice to replace Vikemon. It wears armour and has holy power, just like Shakkoumon inherting Ankylomon's armour and Angemon's holy power. Also we have BlackImperialdramon as the 'savage' Imperialdramon.
Compared to ClavisAngemon you think SlashAngemon makes a better mega for shakkoumon? ClavisAngemon also has armour, has a antique look to him, the colours match up, and has holy power also. I’m very much on team ClavisAngemon :p but SlashAngemon does fit with how you were saying too so nbd either way.

also I realized there’s grandiskuwagamon which is like imperialdramon fighter mode but for dinobeemon>grandkuwagamon.

Last edited:

Nikita Dracovish

THE NUMBERS, MASON!
I've been told there's been a fair amount of fighting in this thread. May I recommend that next time anything happens, if you could all just sit back, breathe, and then we could all agree that Frontier was bad?

Oh, God, what have you done!?

In serious news: I've only watched bits of Tri. and Last Kizuna, but does anyone think that DA:'s extreme fast pace is an attempt to make up for everyone who criticized Tri./LK as too slow-paced and angsty? It's a bit like how all the JJ nu-Star Wars movies tried to be really fast-paced in response to the crit of the SW prequels.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
I feel it's a case of "it's a reboot. We've done this song and dance before 20 years ago. We all know who these kids are and their associated Crests, so let's go through them quickly so we can get to the newer stuff in a timely manner."

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
In serious news: I've only watched bits of Tri. and Last Kizuna, but does anyone think that DA:'s extreme fast pace is an attempt to make up for everyone who criticized Tri./LK as too slow-paced and angsty? It's a bit like how all the JJ nu-Star Wars movies tried to be really fast-paced in response to the crit of the SW prequels.

Toei's shows in general tend to have pacing issues, whether it's too slow or too fast. This is a problem any studio can, does, and will have, but with how prevalent it is with Toei, I've come to expect it. It's possible that they're speeding through a lot of it because they want to get to the meat of it faster or it's exactly as lolipiece stated (similar to how Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood skimmed a lot of stuff in the beginning), but it could also just be a case of people (kids especially) having less of an attention span so they're going by quick to keep the audience's attention on track.

Nikita Dracovish

THE NUMBERS, MASON!
Yep, I noticed that it seems like a lot of the pace is assuming the viewer already knows about Adventure (or at least the core games). I haven't really watched any new anime as of late, so maybe I'm just used to capeshit.

NeoDude-5000

wow at the pacing.
If you're admiring the pacing. Then you don't you check out these episode titles and summaries.
Episode 11 - The Wolf Standing In The Desert

Long summary: The group of children decide to split into two groups to search for the holy Digimon. Taichi Yagami, Koushiro Izumi, and Mimi Tachikawa form one group, while Yamato Ishida, Sora Takenouchi, and Jou Kido form another. Yamato's group goes to the desert, where they rescue small Digimon trying to escape from a violent dark Digimon, Scorpiomon. These Digimon were in the midst of running to find Leomon, who is fighting back against the dark Digimon. Yamato wishes to hurry and find the holy Digimon, while Sora refuses to abandon the Digimon, and the two fight, ending with Yamato leaving with his Digimon partner Gabumon to go his own way. Although Yamato has a reason for wanting to hurry...?!

Episode 12 - Lillymon Blooms

Long summary: Mimi and her Digimon partner Palmon fall to the underground of ancient ruins. There, they find piles of remains of Digimon who had been shot and thrown down there to die. Mimi tries to find a way back to the surface, but one of the Digimon that she'd thought was dead wakes up and attacks her. Just when she thought she was done for, another Digimon wakes up and rescues Mimi. During all of this, Taichi and Koushiro race to the underground to rescue Mimi.

Episode 13 - Garudamon of Crimson Wings

Long summary: Yamato, Sora, and Jou's group arrive at a deep jungle. Yamato comes upon a swarm of Fanbeemon that is being attacked by Waspmon. The Waspmon capture every last one of the Fanbeemon and bring them to CannonBeemon, a Digimon who looks like a giant wasp's nest stronghold. Sora hears that the captured Fanbeemon will be made into servants of the dark Digimon and decides to go rescue the Fanbeemon.

Episode 14 - Clash! The Bug King

Long summary: Taichi, Koushiro, and Mimi arrive at the bottom of the Great Canyon where rock cliffs extend for miles. They are attacked by several Kuwagamon, who are being manipulated by the SoundBirdmon. The Kuwagamon chase after them as though they are hunting, so Greymon, Kabuterimon, and Togemon fight back. However, Taichi's group is eventually lost in the Canyon's labyrinth-like depths. Lying in wait ahead of them was the even more powerful Okuwamon. Although they escape from Okuwamon's attack, Koushiro and Kabuterimon get separated from the others.

I'm not sure if how this pacing will work out in 66 episodes like Bandai of Europe mentioned

Last edited:

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I'm not sure if how this pacing will work out in 66 episodes like Bandai of Europe mentioned

Oh my God, really? 66 episodes and they're speeding through it because "You've seen this enough times for 20 years"?

If true, that is seriously confusing.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Oh my God, really? 66 episodes and they're speeding through it because "You've seen this enough times for 20 years"?

If true, that is seriously confusing.
I am okay with that as i don't think that i wanted to see adventure 1.2 that mosty same .

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
There's also the fact that we're probably getting Megas for everyone. Adventure has the most protags at eight so if we want to get to those in a timely manner, they'll need to reach Ultimate quicker than usual.

NeoDude-5000

If 66 is the unlucky number (as the Jedi knew first-hand) then this is how I see things that could develop for the team. (apologies for spoiling the summaries)
11-15: Ultimates (pretty much happening)
20-25: Patamon/T.K. and Gatomon/Kari join the team
26+: Mega's (and MagnaAngemon because that's what happened in the original show)
66: Omnimon Merciful Mode

Or............ maybe after the Mega's we'll get new evolutions akin to the Burst Mode from Data Squad. VictoryGreymon and ZeedGarurumon anyone?

Last edited:

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
If 66 is the unlucky number (as the Jedi knew first-hand) then this is how I see things that could develop for the team. (apologies for spoiling the summaries)
11-15: Ultimates (pretty much happening)
20-25: Patamon/T.K. and Gatomon/Kari join the team
26+: Mega's (and MagnaAngemon because that's what happened in the original show)
66: Omnimon Merciful Mode

Or............ maybe after the Mega's we'll get new evolutions akin to the Burst Mode from Data Squad. VictoryGreymon and ZeedGarurumon anyone?
New Omagamon form ? Out of two different Greymon and Garurumon ?