• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Digimon discussion - Digimon Ghost Game now available on Crunchyroll

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
With Xros Wars you have to turn your brain off and forget the power levels of the Digimon originally as they can be as strong as Megas or as weak as Rookies depending on what role the writers thought for them. It's not always for the best, fans of Digimon like Marsmon and Huanglongmon will gladly tell you how disappointing their debuts were, but it was mostly done to give fun fights and they can be enjoyable.

That said, one flaw I will note with this system is that even within itself Xros Wars can be inconsistent. Sometimes a strong form can go up against one of the big bads, then the next they're getting smacked around by random MotW. JetMervamon vs. Harpymon is probably one of the most infamous example of that as she was going up against Death Generals in the last season, and then in the next she takes a knee from a MotW and she's out.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
*Watches next episode preview* Oh, well that explains why they did the level updates.

NeoDude-5000

*Watches next episode preview* Oh, well that explains why they did the level updates.
Well by adding levels to the Fusion Digimon they can fit in more with the continuity of Digimon Adventure, as well as future shows and games where levels, and attributes, are prominent. Also let's not forget Soundbirdmon prior to the update was in the show very prominently.

But anyway onto this weeks episode. It was meh. A bit of deja vu, but what was that creepy thing Devimon has?

But next week. FINALLY Leomon is here! And so too are some old faces from Data Squad.

Kataphrut

I've been playing Hacker's Memory lately, it's got a couple of Fusion-era Digimon in it. Shoutmon is a Rookie, OmniShoutmon is a Mega and so is Breakdramon. I'd say those all fit pretty well.

I'm waiting on Kizuna to come out in Australia, but I've already heard the song that plays alongside the climax and it's giving me the feels. Really moving bit of music.

Akashin

I've been playing Hacker's Memory lately, it's got a couple of Fusion-era Digimon in it. Shoutmon is a Rookie, OmniShoutmon is a Mega and so is Breakdramon. I'd say those all fit pretty well.

Breakdramon isn't a Xros Wars era Digimon, though. And Shoutmon's status as a Child was never in question (I'd sooner put Omega Shoutmon into the same weird void that Magnamon sits in though, personally), so the way they handled it was fine. Hopefully them expanding on the Xros Wars Digimon lets Shoutmon have a full evolution line next time, like how Hackmon only had Jesmon in Cyber Sleuth but got the rest of his line added in Hacker's Memory.

Would also like to see X Antibody Digimon in the next game too, given they've added so many new ones lately.

Kataphrut

Breakdramon isn't a Xros Wars era Digimon, though. And Shoutmon's status as a Child was never in question (I'd sooner put Omega Shoutmon into the same weird void that Magnamon sits in though, personally), so the way they handled it was fine. Hopefully them expanding on the Xros Wars Digimon lets Shoutmon have a full evolution line next time, like how Hackmon only had Jesmon in Cyber Sleuth but got the rest of his line added in Hacker's Memory.

Would also like to see X Antibody Digimon in the next game too, given they've added so many new ones lately.

Oh was he? My bad, I was thinking of something else then. He looks like a Digimon from that era.

Shoutmon having just OmniShoutmon in that game is annoying because of the way evolutions work-basically you have to evolve your Koromon up and down the chain several times before it will let Shoutmon turn into OmniShoutmon. They should have added some of his component parts, let you evolve him that way.

Ah well, something for a sequel. I want to see them add the Appmon, those guys could do with some love.

Akashin

Oh was he? My bad, I was thinking of something else then. He looks like a Digimon from that era.

Breakdramon was in Xros Wars (it was in that underground facility place in the Zone Cutemon came from, but I'm forgetting some of the details), and there was an anime-original version called Giga Breakdramon that Tagiru captured in Hunters, but it originated in '07 as one of the final stages of the Dracomon line. Xros Wars was its anime debut, to be fair.

NeoDude-5000

New titles and summaries for episodes 19 to 23 are here. I will say there is a lot of Digimon Fusion Digimon in these next few episodes. So if you are Digimon Fusion fan it is great time to be on.

Anyway...

Episode 19- Howl, Jyuoken (Fist of the Beast King?)

Sora Takenouchi, Koushiro Izumi, Mimi Tachikawa, and Jou Kido are blown back to the real Shibuya, Tokyo by Devimon. Taichi Yagami and Yamato Ishida are left stranded in the desert when they come upon a giant Valvemon. The Valvemon is transporting something, and the transportation force is led by Minotaurmon. Minotaurmon orders a storm of Troopmon to attack Taichi's group but Leomon, leader of the resistance, and his gang save them and rescue them from the desert. According to Leomon, his resistance was trying to steal the cargo that Valvemon was transporting. The cargo apparently has something to do with the holy Digimon...

Episode 20- The Seventh Child's Awakening

Yamato's brother Takeru is in the Digital World, but he is kidnapped by Velgrmon. Taichi and Yamato pursue them desperately with their Digimon partners and finally save Takeru. But they only have a brief moment to celebrate. Velgrmon's vicious attack heads for Taichi and Yamato. Just when this situation with no escape closes in on them, a single bright light flies towards them.

Episode 21- The Counter Update (Armed Evolution)

A mysterious enemy, SkullKnightmon, suddenly appears and steals the digiegg of the holy Digimon. Taichi, Yamato, and Takeru chase after SkullKnightmon and reach a threatening-looking tower surrounded by a black swamp. In it was a large hole that the holy Digimon made in order to rush to Takeru. This place was where the holy Digimon were captured, in other words, their destination. A giant Digimon in the shape of a water tiger, Splashmon, appears out of the swamp and attack them.

Ep22- The Unyielding Blue Sagittarius

Taichi and the others continue their chase after SkullKnightmon in order to get back the stolen digiegg of the holy Digimon. After defeating the guard, Splashmon, they enter the castle that's built on top of ElDoradimon who is soaking itself in the swamp's miasma. SkullKnightmon is trying to bring the holy Digimon into darkness and make it work for them, so he drops the digiegg into the well of the miasma. Devimon's shadow appears behind him. Meanwhile, back in the real world, Devimon's allies have taken control of giant tankers and are closing in to use them for an impending attack.

Ep23- Devimon, Messenger of Darkness

No synopsis.
/SPOILER]

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Breakdramon was in Xros Wars (it was in that underground facility place in the Zone Cutemon came from, but I'm forgetting some of the details), and there was an anime-original version called Giga Breakdramon that Tagiru captured in Hunters, but it originated in '07 as one of the final stages of the Dracomon line. Xros Wars was its anime debut, to be fair.
Omg the dracomon lines are some of my favourite digimon, and although breakdramon is probably the least appealing out of all of them, Xros Wars did Breakdramon SO DIRTY. I mean at least they included it, but dirty.... and then it's supposed to have a wicked dna digivolution lol.. but I don't think I ever realized it was an anime-exlusive "giga" version so that makes it a bit better lol.

New titles and summaries for episodes 19 to 23 are here. I will say there is a lot of Digimon Fusion Digimon in these next few episodes. So if you are Digimon Fusion fan it is great time to be on.

Anyway...

Sora Takenouchi, Koushiro Izumi, Mimi Tachikawa, and Jou Kido are blown back to the real Shibuya, Tokyo by Devimon. Taichi Yagami and Yamato Ishida are left stranded in the desert when they come upon a giant Valvemon. The Valvemon is transporting something, and the transportation force is led by Minotaurmon. Minotaurmon orders a storm of Troopmon to attack Taichi's group but Leomon, leader of the resistance, and his gang save them and rescue them from the desert. According to Leomon, his resistance was trying to steal the cargo that Valvemon was transporting. The cargo apparently has something to do with the holy Digimon...

Yamato's brother Takeru is in the Digital World, but he is kidnapped by Velgrmon. Taichi and Yamato pursue them desperately with their Digimon partners and finally save Takeru. But they only have a brief moment to celebrate. Velgrmon's vicious attack heads for Taichi and Yamato. Just when this situation with no escape closes in on them, a single bright light flies towards them.

A mysterious enemy, SkullKnightmon, suddenly appears and steals the digiegg of the holy Digimon. Taichi, Yamato, and Takeru chase after SkullKnightmon and reach a threatening-looking tower surrounded by a black swamp. In it was a large hole that the holy Digimon made in order to rush to Takeru. This place was where the holy Digimon were captured, in other words, their destination. A giant Digimon in the shape of a water tiger, Splashmon, appears out of the swamp and attack them.

Taichi and the others continue their chase after SkullKnightmon in order to get back the stolen digiegg of the holy Digimon. After defeating the guard, Splashmon, they enter the castle that's built on top of ElDoradimon who is soaking itself in the swamp's miasma. SkullKnightmon is trying to bring the holy Digimon into darkness and make it work for them, so he drops the digiegg into the well of the miasma. Devimon's shadow appears behind him. Meanwhile, back in the real world, Devimon's allies have taken control of giant tankers and are closing in to use them for an impending attack.

No synopsis.
/SPOILER]
Oh wow, Lots of different digimon here. So happy they're using more and more different digimon that Havn't been seen much. Like Valvemon, haven't even though of that guy since playing digimon world 3 lol. Velgemon is also neat, always thought it was a cool digimon, I'm curious if they'll treat it as an ultimate or not. Do we know if the human spirits are considered champions/adults and the beast spirits are considered ultimate/perfect ??? Also woo splashmon, he was one of the more entertaining dark kings or whatever they were called lol.

Akashin

Anyway...

No synopsis.
/SPOILER]

Interesting. I kind of hope that we see Deadly Axemon and Dark Knightmon too, just because Skull Knightmon on his own wouldn't be much of a threat to the kids at this stage, but more Skull Knightmon in any capacity is nice.

Oh wow, Lots of different digimon here. So happy they're using more and more different digimon that Havn't been seen much. Like Valvemon, haven't even though of that guy since playing digimon world 3 lol. Velgemon is also neat, always thought it was a cool digimon, I'm curious if they'll treat it as an ultimate or not. Do we know if the human spirits are considered champions/adults and the beast spirits are considered ultimate/perfect ??? Also woo splashmon, he was one of the more entertaining dark kings or whatever they were called lol.

The Human Spirits are Adult-Class, the Beast Spirits are Perfect-Class, and the Double Spirit Evolutions are Ultimate-Class. I'm assuming they'll treat Velgrmon as Perfect level.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
Omg the dracomon lines are some of my favourite digimon, and although breakdramon is probably the least appealing out of all of them, Xros Wars did Breakdramon SO DIRTY. I mean at least they included it, but dirty.... and then it's supposed to have a wicked dna digivolution lol.. but I don't think I ever realized it was an anime-exlusive "giga" version so that makes it a bit better lol.

To be fair to Breakdramon, at least it got a little attention given to its power as a destructive force of nature. Examon probably got the worst deal out of the Dracomon forms that appeared since he only existed to drop some lore and then get used for Superior Mode.

NeoDude-5000

The Human Spirits are Adult-Class, the Beast Spirits are Perfect-Class, and the Double Spirit Evolutions are Ultimate-Class. I'm assuming they'll treat Velgrmon as Perfect level.

Seems that way as the preview for next episode shows MetalGreymon and WereGarurumon battling Velgemon. Then again Bullmon who appeared in this episode being an Armor Digimon is pretty much a Champion level Digimon (assuming an Adventure 2 reboot is not in the cards).

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Digimon Survive has been delayed for Spring 2021.

This was pretty much expected, but it is nice to have official confirmation.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Digimon Survive has been delayed for Spring 2021.

This was pretty much expected, but it is nice to have official confirmation.
Quite excited for this! I do not mind the delay at all, especially as covid is a good excuse, but this game is gonna be amazing, I just know it.

Also has anyone watched the new digimon movie yet?

Sonnas

I have the dvd to the new movie but haven't watched it yet.
What do you guys think of the reboot series so far it seems ok so far being different from the original.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
What do you guys think of the reboot series so far it seems ok so far being different from the original.
As much as I will always love the first digimon, if I were to suggest digimon to someone who hasn't watched it, I might suggest they watch the new version. But at the same time, one might not even be able to watch the original if they start with this new one. But I do think it is leagues ahead of the original so far.

Akashin

I stopped watching it weekly some time ago (I want to watch it with my brother, but he doesn't want to watch it until it finishes airing), but I was really enjoying it. They've done a good job of setting it apart from the original; it's way more than an attempt at being the first season set in the year 2020. I haven't attempted to make a 1:1 comparison of it to the original (and it's been so long since I've rewatched the original that I doubt I could without another rewatch), but it has definitely been capable of standing on its own merits so far.

Sonnas

I stopped watching it weekly some time ago (I want to watch it with my brother, but he doesn't want to watch it until it finishes airing), but I was really enjoying it. They've done a good job of setting it apart from the original; it's way more than an attempt at being the first season set in the year 2020. I haven't attempted to make a 1:1 comparison of it to the original (and it's been so long since I've rewatched the original that I doubt I could without another rewatch), but it has definitely been capable of standing on its own merits so far.
I do agree that it is different from it's OG version as this one feels more "story focused" than "character focused" like the last one.

NeoDude-5000

Oh man oh man is this show breathing some new life into the classics. MetalGreymon just got even more badass than he was in the original series with its sweet new weapon.

Anyway this new form is called MetalGreymon Alteros Mode, the name comes from its cannon Alteros. And fun fact its based MetalGreymon X's, the virus version, cannon.

The proof is there:

Also it looks like WereGarurumon is getting an upgrade too in the next episode. Especially if you watch the extended preview. So I guess were getting alternate modes for the Ultimate's. Maybe the Mega's will follow suit.

UPDATE: MetalGreymon Alteros Mode and DarkMaildramon (which also debuted in the episode) have been added to the Reference Book. The latter is a champion level, I thought golden armor Digimon like Magnamon were stronger than that.

UPDATE 2: Virus Busters lineup for Pendulum Z is revealed. All the rookies are protagonist Digimon are there and 3 new Digimon.

Last edited: