• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Digimon discussion - Digimon Ghost Game now available on Crunchyroll

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Sort of minor news, but Imperialdramon: Dragon Mode (Black) has been added to the Reference Book. It has appeared in DS era Story games recently, but its Fighter Mode hasn't appeared since Wonderswan games.

I guess they went back to the Black variants since Tamers babies are all complete now, and there isn't any new product with X-Antidote forms.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
I can't believe how many references there are in the new series to previous iterations. And not just the Digimon either.

There are entire scenes that reference previous series', such as when Yamato is attempting to free Takeru from the prison globe (for lack of a better term). Immediately thought of Beelzemon and Juri in that scene. Granted, the scene ended differently, but it was enough for the reference to Tamers to even be there. Ikuto's Digimon from Savers being on Leomon's team. I'll be honest, I didn't see much of the sixth or seventh series (Xros Wars was where I stopped watching Digimon until Tri), but I've heard that there are a lot of references to those in this too so far.

NeoDude-5000

This series really improved Devimon. He finally digivolved (thankfully not into Myotismon because that would basically be mixing 2 villains into 1) into NeoDevimon. And yes I know the preview last week technically showed it already but still, Devimon isn't done yet as he is ready for round 2 as DoneDevimon (or DanDevimon I don't know). And I thought he was going to be Ghoulmon given the flashbacks and the Nightmare Soldiers lineup. Keeping my fingers crossed for Seraphimon instead of Omnimon for the next battle.

Also can we assume that Moon=Millenniumon is the main antagonist of this series. Also if AxeKnightmon battles the DigiDestined again will he become a new Digimon or maybe into Bagramon?

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Oh man oh man is this show breathing some new life into the classics. MetalGreymon just got even more badass than he was in the original series with its sweet new weapon.

Anyway this new form is called MetalGreymon Alteros Mode, the name comes from its cannon Alteros. And fun fact its based MetalGreymon X's, the virus version, cannon.

The proof is there:

Also it looks like WereGarurumon is getting an upgrade too in the next episode. Especially if you watch the extended preview. So I guess were getting alternate modes for the Ultimate's. Maybe the Mega's will follow suit.

UPDATE: MetalGreymon Alteros Mode and DarkMaildramon (which also debuted in the episode) have been added to the Reference Book. The latter is a champion level, I thought golden armor Digimon like Magnamon were stronger than that.

UPDATE 2: Virus Busters lineup for Pendulum Z is revealed. All the rookies are protagonist Digimon are there and 3 new Digimon.
for the new digimon in the virus buster lineup, mimicmon honesty looks like it could be a part of the mamemon family, or like tekkamon/giromon

This series really improved Devimon. He finally digivolved (thankfully not into Myotismon because that would basically be mixing 2 villains into 1) into NeoDevimon. And yes I know the preview last week technically showed it already but still, Devimon isn't done yet as he is ready for round 2 as DoneDevimon (or DanDevimon I don't know). And I thought he was going to be Ghoulmon given the flashbacks and the Nightmare Soldiers lineup. Keeping my fingers crossed for Seraphimon instead of Omnimon for the next battle.

Also can we assume that Moon=Millenniumon is the main antagonist of this series. Also if AxeKnightmon battles the DigiDestined again will he become a new Digimon or maybe into Bagramon?
I agree about it really improving Devimon. Before, he was pretty shallow in terms of character depth, but even with this last episode I feel like we understand more about him. He seemed to go between control and losing control to the darkness which was neat, and how his voice started to get all weird with the more power he got. I would have preferred if neodevimon possibly lasted another episode with angemon being the one to take it down before it digivolved again, but its still all good. Just with how devimon was battling compared to how they overcame neodevimon, even though the others destroyed the tower, still felt awkward imo. Also are we to assume that donedevimon is a mega or just a change in ultimate for devimon? Even though light is strong against darkness, I hope to see mangaangemon as the one to take down donedevimon and not just angemon.

ALSO oh wow Just realized how much Donedevimon/Dandevimon (idk what it is), reminds me SO MUCH of Devil Man... is it a coincidence?

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
New Devimon Mega looks like a mixture of Myotismon and Daemon.
I can't believe how many references there are in the new series to previous iterations. And not just the Digimon either.

There are entire scenes that reference previous series', such as when Yamato is attempting to free Takeru from the prison globe (for lack of a better term). Immediately thought of Beelzemon and Juri in that scene. Granted, the scene ended differently, but it was enough for the reference to Tamers to even be there. Ikuto's Digimon from Savers being on Leomon's team. I'll be honest, I didn't see much of the sixth or seventh series (Xros Wars was where I stopped watching Digimon until Tri), but I've heard that there are a lot of references to those in this too so far.

Welcome to Tomiokaland. Self-references are going to be abound.

Edit:
ALSO oh wow Just realized how much Donedevimon/Dandevimon (idk what it is), reminds me SO MUCH of Devil Man... is it a coincidence?
Yeah that is probably where its wings are from, though its mask pattern is mostly a stylized form of Myotismon.

As for its name, it is pronounced "Dan", but it is supposed to mean "Done", in English. So yeah, it is one of its final forms.

It seems to also be a pun on "Dandy", since it is fashionable and such.

Last edited:

NeoDude-5000

Episode titles summaries for the next episode through to 27 are here.
Episode 24- The Final Stage, DoneDevimon

Devimon looked like he had been defeated at last, but he evolves into DoneDevimon and attacks. At this time, Koushiro and the others in the real world watching on a tablet, learn that large ships are starting to go out of control in various parts of the oceans throughout the globe. Yamato and WereGarurumon attempt a vicious attack on DoneDevimon but are defeated, and Taichi is swallowed by DoneDevimon. Forgetting himself in his anger, MetalGreymon lets loose an attack with a bizarre but powerful light, endangering Takeru, who refuses to leave his fallen brother's side.

Episode 25- Dive into the Next Ocean

Cloud Continent in the Digital World was a floating country! ElDoradimon falls off the brink of the continent, with Taichi and co riding on its back. Both they and ElDoradimon can do nothing and they fall towards the vast ocean below. Meanwhile in the real world, Koushiro tried to stop the ships going out of control. (The DigiDestined cannot see to catch a break)

Episode 26- Breakthrough! Sea Mammal Siege

After falling from Cloud Continent, Taichi's group arrives in a new region. As they make their way through the great deep, they see a wild Seadramon eat a wild Ebidramon and absorb its data to evolve into WaruSeadramon. Taichi's group is shocked by this survival of the fittest world, where the strong Digimon eat the weak. WaruSeadramon attacks them as well in order to eat them. Meanwhile, Koushiro's group in the real world form a plan to stop the ships without hurting the Zurumon. Taichi's sister, Hikari, watches them.

Episode 27- To a New Continent

Hikari suddenly appears on ElDoradimon. Taichi is surprised but Hikari is unable to explain how it happened, saying that she was summoned by someone. In the real world, the strange occurrences won't stop even though Devimon has been beaten, and a new threat emerges. A rocket that is set to launch runs into system malfunction and explodes on the premises. Black electrical discharge runs through the skies above the continent. Koushiro theorizes that the digital world is causing these issues and continues his analyzing...

Sonnas

How do people feel with Tai and Matt being in the Digital World while the others are in the real world? Does it feel like one side is more important than the other?

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
How do people feel with Tai and Matt being in the Digital World while the others are in the real world? Does it feel like one side is more important than the other?

Yeah, it is a Tomiokaism.

He isn't good at writing multiple characters in one scene, so he will partition the larger group into smaller groups with different objectives.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
Despite people calling it 'a Tomiokaism' (like others, I have no idea who that is, since the show is being directed by Masato Mitsuka and being produced by Hiroyuki Sakurada; not sure where Tomioka fits into things), it feels like a nice reversal of what happened in the original Adventure where Tai was the one sent back instead.

Last edited:

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Despite people calling it 'a Tomiokaism' (like others, I have no idea who that is, since the show is being directed by Masato Mitsuka and being produced by Hiroyuki Sakurada; not sure where Tomioka fits into things), it feels like a nice reversal of what happened in the original Adventure where Tai was the one sent back instead.
Add danger to rest gang that doesn't had tai or matt

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Who? Is that a writer?

He's the writer. He is the main writer and series supervisor. IMDB only credits him with the first episode though, so I get why you are confused.

A lot of the stuff we saw so far all seem to be his influences, even the slightly longer expected length of the show (original DA was 54 episodes, the reboot is planned to be 66). My greatest fear is if we see some of his more negative elements, like pacing issues that plagued the other series he worked in.

Sonnas

I've heard from some saying that the show is going to go via Frontier where it has the two main leads be more important that the other team members.

Akashin

I've heard from some saying that the show is going to go via Frontier where it has the two main leads be more important that the other team members.

That's almost inevitable as they start fighting the sort of threats that necessitated Omegamon in the past more frequently, unless this series either revives Merciful Mode or creates an equivalent that similarly uses all eight kids, which probably wouldn't be until the end anyway. I don't see the others getting their own Omegamon-level fusions.

I don't expect that the series will reach a point of the kids who aren't Taichi and Yamato becoming nearly irrelevant (anybody who has fully watched Frontier can feel free to correct me if the other kids weren't as irrelevant as I'm thinking they were), but those two will absolutely be the ones leading the charge. They already are.

NeoDude-5000

I don't what was more terrifying? DoneDevimon or MetalGreymon becoming Machinedramon (where were its cannons anyway?) Anyway this was pretty dark episode (in a good way) I think its about as dark or more so than the Tamers episode where Leomon dies and Megidramon happens.

Also know I think of it it was very similar to what happened in that episode. Someone dies (well almost dies in this case), protagonist Digimon goes Dark Mega, then calms itself down becomes its true form and defeats the bad guy. It may not have been Seraphimon to defeat DoneDevimon like I hoped for but WarGreymon's still cool.

Also are the others going to get some spotlight or are we just having Tai, Matt and their siblings for the next 3 or so episodes?

Final note Tokomon digivolving to Patamon was really adorable.

Apparently DoneDevimon was inspired by Spawn or Venom.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
I don't what was more terrifying? DoneDevimon or MetalGreymon becoming Machinedramon (where were its cannons anyway?) Anyway this was pretty dark episode (in a good way) I think its about as dark or more so than the Tamers episode where Leomon dies and Megidramon happens.

Also know I think of it it was very similar to what happened in that episode. Someone dies (well almost dies in this case), protagonist Digimon goes Dark Mega, then calms itself down becomes its true form and defeats the bad guy. It may not have been Seraphimon to defeat DoneDevimon like I hoped for but WarGreymon's still cool.

Also are the others going to get some spotlight or are we just having Tai, Matt and their siblings for the next 3 or so episodes?

Final note Tokomon digivolving to Patamon was really adorable.

Apparently DoneDevimon was inspired by Spawn or Venom.
he was feeling like Venom during the episode and he was so freaking 1930-1940s cartoon character and i love that

Reactions: i2i

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
That's almost inevitable as they start fighting the sort of threats that necessitated Omegamon in the past more frequently, unless this series either revives Merciful Mode or creates an equivalent that similarly uses all eight kids, which probably wouldn't be until the end anyway. I don't see the others getting their own Omegamon-level fusions.

I don't expect that the series will reach a point of the kids who aren't Taichi and Yamato becoming nearly irrelevant (anybody who has fully watched Frontier can feel free to correct me if the other kids weren't as irrelevant as I'm thinking they were), but those two will absolutely be the ones leading the charge. They already are.

Yeah, Frontier is still currently worse as the last half almost completely sidelined the rest of the cast. At least right now Team B has a subplot they're doing stuff in, and one that seems to matter since them cutting off the power to Devimon gave the opening Tai and Matt needed.

Sonnas

Well things are going ......interesting? I mean at least the other team are back in the digital world and also Kari is there now.

NeoDude-5000

Project VB had been announced. And its a Fitbit V-Pet known as Digimon Vital Bracelet. Quite a lot of stuff for it was shown including the main Digimon Pulsemon, who looks like a miniature Zeraora. The link explains the rest because I'm too lazy to cover everything. The Vital Bracelet will be out on March 2021 (in Japan)

UPDATE:

New episode titles and summaries revealed for episodes 28 - 31. There's going to be a break on 3rd January but it was going to happen anyway.

Episode 28- The Children's Fight for Survival (December 13th)
Patamon evolves to the holy Digimon "Angemon" in order to protect his friends from DarkKnightmon's attack. While Angemon manages to transfer his friends elsewhere, the children end up scattered to different parts of the continent. They each travel with the goal of joining back up again, however, they get drawn into battles with various violent digimon. Meanwhile, in the human world, information is being warped after the rocket explosion incident, causing lots of network trouble. The kids move to solve the issue.

Episode 29- Escape the Burning Jungle (December 20th)
As an aftermath of Angemon and DarkKnightmon's fierce battle, the kids are separated and decide to regroup as their goal. SkullKnightmon kidnaps Hikari, and Taichi and Agumon pursue him into a jungle, where they run into pacifist Woodmon. Allomon and Megadramon, who are led by the fiendish Tankdramon attack them, putting the jungle up in flames. To protect the Digimon inhabiting the jungle, Taichi and Agumon face the Tankdramon army. Although they have a hard fight against such large numbers...?!

Episode 30- Ultimate Level WarGreymon (December 27th)
The Woodmon's peaceful lives upturned, Taichi takes them away from the burned jungle. However, the remaining enemies kept attacking them. In order to help the group escape to safety, Taichi and MetalGreymon decide to act as a decoy. They succeed in drawing the enemy towards them when a new enemy, Parrotmon, appears. They seem to be evenly matched, until Parrotmon is hit by black lightning from the skies and evolves to the Ultimate Level, Crossmon. (New Digimon? Never heard of it)

Episode 31- The New Darkness, Millenniumon (January 10th)

No summary but perfect timing for WarGreymon to appear. But still no Gatomon? Where is she?

Last edited:

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I finally watched Last Evolution. I went with the dub just because, which is kinda sad in of itself given how many dub actors couldn't come back for what may have been the final time to voice these characters thanks to the lockdowns. Brian Donovan not being able to be Davis was a tragedy in of itself because of a faulty home studio, so had he made it, I would've probably squeed over Davis out of everyone in the cast. The seasoned voice-actors are still amazing (although Kirk Thornton might've forgotten how to voice Gabumon, but I dunno), but the new ones were pretty rough. Think out of the new ones, Erika Harlacher as Menoa was the best, heck, Menoa was a pretty neat character in her own right, very sympathetic. Made for an interesting conflict, too, one that I think needed to have been touched upon proper in the series but (understandably) had no room for in the TV series. Which brings up a question when it comes to Oikawa: Since he was a DigiDestined but couldn't meet his Digimon, even though he grew up, did he actually not truly grow up and held on to that potential/childlike mindset? His Digimon partner didn't vanish despite being an adult, but is that only because they never got to have that bond?

In fact, outside of the shaky third act asspull(?) that occurred and Sora's unbelievable absence (like bruh), there's not a lot I had issue with about the movie. It was beautifully animated and had nice cinematography, the reprised soundtrack was sweetly nostalgic (bonus saxophone! Finally!), and the characters didn't look stilted and had actual expressiveness, kinda reminiscent of Mamoru Hosoda's direction. The film really just ended up further vindicating my belief that Digimon Tri was extremely pointless (outside of a Meiko cameo, nothing from Tri came back into play meaning you can literally skip those movies) and therefore Keitarou Motonaga can go fuck himself as a result. This was the movie that fans were waiting for in terms of DigiDestined growing up. We didn't have to go through six subpar movies of questionable quality, it was a cohesive, self-contained story in a 90-minute film that didn't go overboard with fanservice, what little there was.
Also blood. Oh my God characters actually bled this time around. Kinda just wanted to bring that up since that was a secret wish of mine when it came to a more mature Digimon movie.

So yeah, 8-outta-10, would buy. Really wish I could've seen it in theaters, actually.