• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Digimon discussion - Digimon Ghost Game now available on Crunchyroll

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
The next Digimon anime series is NOT a 02 reboot. Instead its called Ghost Game.
About freaking time we got an original Digimon TV show on the way. I was grousing about this to my boyfriend the other day, and kinda came up on the fly about a space opera Digimon series because cyberspace--which sadly I don't think ever has (although the rumored 03 was probably the closest it got) or will ever cross their minds because space operas aren't huge anymore. Dunno what it would imply with "Ghost Game", but at this point, I'll take this over more Adventure any day.

Still is Toei and Bandai milking fans of their money because we don't learn our lesson, though.

The news about Digimon Survive being pushed back again I think is definitely hurting the hype for the game. I'm sure as hell am not all that pumped to play it anymore because other things are coming up that's more important and Survive's troubled production is just worrisome. So at this point, I don't care about it anymore, I'm expecting it to just be shelved and forgotten.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
To be honest, I stopped caring about anything Survive-related, the moment I find out the starter would be Agumon. When they make a game that give us a non-adventure option, I may consider trying it out.

As long as it's not ReArise. I loved Herissmon but, man, the gameplay is bad. As someone said in the google play reviews, it's a loading simulator. Herissmon deserved better.

NeoDude-5000

Here's a trailer for the 02 movie. Davis narrates it so this is pretty much a well 02 focused movie.

And yes this does mean Ghost Game is officially confirmed.

UPDATE:

The Ghost Game Digimon are going to be featured in a Vital Bracelet called the Digivice V. Which also happens to be the series Digivice. More info to come.

Digivice V: https://withthewill.net/threads/gho...ce-v-new-dim-cards-early-ad-and-images.26083/

Last edited:

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Glad it's finally confirmed.

Also, just realized that Gammamon's tamer doesn't wear googles. We haven't gotten one of those since Masaru/Marcus.

Someone should do fanart of him seeing the announcement, spilling his milk and saying "about danm time!"

NeoDude-5000

Got more Ghost Game stuff. Well mostly Dim Card stuff but its Ghost Game related anyway

First up our heroes of this series are: Hiro partnered with Gammamon, Ruri partnered with Angoramon, and Seishiro partnered with Jellymon.
Cast: https://withthewill.net/threads/ghost-game-characters-hiro-ruri-and-seishirou.26090/

We also have details about the Digivice V and differences to the Vital Bracelet. There's a screenshot of the Digivice V showing Gammamon's Fresh and In-Training form. The new Digivice and Dim Cards are also up pre-orders now too.

Digivice V: https://withthewill.net/threads/gho...of-importance-of-brand-in-out-of-japan.26086/
Screenshot: https://images.withthewill.net/digivice_v14_august1_2021.jpg
Pre-Orders: https://withthewill.net/threads/digivice-v-ghost-game-dim-card-pre-orders-open.26091/

And as a bonus some Tamers themed Dim cards and... Kamen Rider and Ultraman?

Tamer Dim Cards: https://withthewill.net/threads/dim...mages-evolution-tree-pre-order-details.26088/
Where's Super Sentai?: https://withthewill.net/threads/vit...er-ultraman-compatibility-details-more.26087/

RetroPokeFan

Finally a new Digimon series that isn't related to Adventure. Good thing with how unbelievably crap the reboot has been, might be one of the worst reboots I've seen.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
A friend on Rangerboard noticed there were two empty spaces in the announcement so one might be sentai and, most likely, PreCure.

But I wouldn't doubt sentai isn't involved. Might end up being, I dunno, Demon Slayer lol

Or other brand Bandai works with. Could see Saint Seiya given Kurumada Pro's recent push on colabs and the fact Bandai loves the money the Saint Seiya toyline brings.

NeoDude-5000

Alrighty new episode and summaries for this months episodes (61-64) have arrived. Minor spoiler, Digimon from 02 appear. So yeah even if Ghost Game wasn't announced, Adventure 02 reboot hopes would've been dashed.

Episode 61- Where I Want To Return (August 15th)
During the journey, Takeru Takaishi and Patamon reunite with Eldoradimon who is desperately trying to climb a mountain. They also reunite with Leomon, who tells them that Eldoradimon is trying to use the mountain to return to its homeland of Cloud Continent. At the foot of the mountain, Gravimon (who constantly makes snide comments) as well as many of the other Digimon whom Leomon had rescued watch Eldoradimon's efforts. They could all see that, with Eldoradimon's giant size, getting to the top of the mountain would be impossible. Despite this, Takeru does his utmost to grant Eldoradimon's wish.

Episode 62- Shakkoumon's Tears (August 22nd)
Following her digivice, Sora Takenouchi and Piyomon arrive at cultivated land, where they help Neemon, Junkmon, Muchomon and co help turn the wasteland into cultivated soil. They plan to reform the land into a Digimon's paradise one day. Taichi Yagami and Agumon meet up with them. However, by chance, Shakkoumon who was asleep beneath the ground, awakens and goes berserk. Taichi and Greymon face him down, but Shakkoumon's attack turns Greymon back to Agumon, leaving Sora and Garudamon to fight on their own. During the fight, Shakkoumon's "memories of the ancient war" flow into Sora and Garudamon's minds. It was a memory of something that had occurred during the fierce battle, of a tragedy that had happened between Shakkoumon and the Cupimon that had sealed him away.

I bet Shakkoumon is SlashAngemon from the flashbacks

Episode 63- Crest of Courage (August 29th)
Taichi and Agumon appear at a mysterious castle. Valkyrimon is waiting for them there, and separates Taichi from Agumon, throwing Taichi into an unknown world inhabited by violent Digimon. Taichi is confused by the sudden development, but saves a baby Botamon from a Goblimon that's about to attack and searches for an exit. As he protects Botamon without Agumon there to help, Taichi faces one challenge after another. What is Valkyrimon after?

Episode 64- The Angels' Determination (September 5th)
Taichi and the other Chosen Children regroup once more at the Tree of Knowledge. Having found the key to the mystery of the Crests, what answer have they come upon? The truth of their adventures is soon revealed. Meanwhile, abnormalities are springing up in the digital world little by little. The landscape gives way to white, empty space, ignoring the laws of physics. This was the beginning of the "great destruction" that was to come. The only ones who can stop it are the Chosen Children and their Digimon. At last, the final battle begins!

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Alrighty new episode and summaries for this months episodes (61-64) have arrived. Minor spoiler, Digimon from 02 appear. So yeah even if Ghost Game wasn't announced, Adventure 02 reboot hopes would've been dashed.

Episode 61- Where I Want To Return (August 15th)
During the journey, Takeru Takaishi and Patamon reunite with Eldoradimon who is desperately trying to climb a mountain. They also reunite with Leomon, who tells them that Eldoradimon is trying to use the mountain to return to its homeland of Cloud Continent. At the foot of the mountain, Gravimon (who constantly makes snide comments) as well as many of the other Digimon whom Leomon had rescued watch Eldoradimon's efforts. They could all see that, with Eldoradimon's giant size, getting to the top of the mountain would be impossible. Despite this, Takeru does his utmost to grant Eldoradimon's wish.

Episode 62- Shakkoumon's Tears (August 22nd)
Following her digivice, Sora Takenouchi and Piyomon arrive at cultivated land, where they help Neemon, Junkmon, Muchomon and co help turn the wasteland into cultivated soil. They plan to reform the land into a Digimon's paradise one day. Taichi Yagami and Agumon meet up with them. However, by chance, Shakkoumon who was asleep beneath the ground, awakens and goes berserk. Taichi and Greymon face him down, but Shakkoumon's attack turns Greymon back to Agumon, leaving Sora and Garudamon to fight on their own. During the fight, Shakkoumon's "memories of the ancient war" flow into Sora and Garudamon's minds. It was a memory of something that had occurred during the fierce battle, of a tragedy that had happened between Shakkoumon and the Cupimon that had sealed him away.

I bet Shakkoumon is SlashAngemon from the flashbacks

Episode 63- Crest of Courage (August 29th)
Taichi and Agumon appear at a mysterious castle. Valkyrimon is waiting for them there, and separates Taichi from Agumon, throwing Taichi into an unknown world inhabited by violent Digimon. Taichi is confused by the sudden development, but saves a baby Botamon from a Goblimon that's about to attack and searches for an exit. As he protects Botamon without Agumon there to help, Taichi faces one challenge after another. What is Valkyrimon after?

Episode 64- The Angels' Determination (September 5th)
Taichi and the other Chosen Children regroup once more at the Tree of Knowledge. Having found the key to the mystery of the Crests, what answer have they come upon? The truth of their adventures is soon revealed. Meanwhile, abnormalities are springing up in the digital world little by little. The landscape gives way to white, empty space, ignoring the laws of physics. This was the beginning of the "great destruction" that was to come. The only ones who can stop it are the Chosen Children and their Digimon. At last, the final battle begins!
oh wow these are going to be some exciting episodes upcoming.

I am still on the side that Shakkoumon will digivolve into ClavisAngemon as I think their designs are more similar than Shakkoumon and SlashAngemon, but either works. I am curious if Garudamon will remind Shakkoumon of Valdurmon, digivolve, and help them awaken/find the rest of the angel digimon. Maybe the Cupimon will be another one of the angels too, leaving potentially two angels left. Actually, now I'm curious if Valkyrimon could do a slide evo into Valdurmon... so many possibilities, but I hope the other angels show up in their lower stages.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Really sucks the Kizuna character songs aren't avaliable digitally. What a stupid move. This fetiche with limiting content to a piece of plastic really infuriate me.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Finally got to hear all the Kizuna character songs. Thanks, internet!

Weirdly enough, just now I realize Junya Enoki is the one voicing TK on Tri/Kizuna. I started noticing his voice with Dynazenon which had like 50% less episodes than Tri.

Which just goes to show how things are affected when you see someone's work in a show you actually LIKE.

Out of all humans, TK's song was the best. Infintely better than the boring one from the tri album.

Kari had a better song too but I don't really feel MAO's singing with this cutesy voice. C'mon, Columbia, Gokaiger character song album, please. The time is NOW. Let MAO sing something that's not a generic cutesy anime girl.

Davis' was kind of forced but overall I like it. As the google boy character song, it was better than tri!Tai's.

Cody's and Yoley's grew on me. Ken's nice too.

Out of the Digimon, I like V-mon's the best. I can see why the character's so popular in Japan. Junko Noda really puts some different kind of energy on his performance. And this is coming from someone who've always found V-mon kind of dull.

Tailmon's the second best but... It's not saying much. She really got the short ending of the stick. Across all character songs she's gotten (including the original 02), none of hers are really that impressive. But at least Tender Tale has more replay value than the others so it's something.

Wormmon's fun because when you listen, you see "can change" is a pun with "Ken-chan".

The other three kind of sucked. Hawkmon's almost passable but can't really get into it.

The duets are serviceable but far from repeatable. Appmon remains unbeatable in this regard IMHO. I admit I find it quite funny Cody's and Armadillomon's had them rapping. Never thought I'd see that coming out of them, honestly

I really feel bad for people who got it for the voice dramas because... Those lasted like less than 30 seconds. Not even half a minute lol

All in all, human side is a lot better than Tri overall. From Digimon, it's more or less the same where only 2 really stand out (Gomamon and Meicoomon on Tri; V-mon and Tailmon here)

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Gammamon looks adorable. Hopefully he'll be as likeable as Gumdramon and Gatchmon were for me.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Omg pumpkinmon’s mega is so awesome wow I can’t believe I actually love pumpkinmon so much more now
Reminds me of a joke I once made years ago where Pumpkinmon's Mega Digivolution was called "Pimpmon". It kinda looked like that but replace the hat with the pimp hat and decorate the cloak's rim in fuzzy leopard spots.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
TIL that those new rookies like the cat in the pill, the ice flying dragon thing, and the deer bunny were all created specially for people who entered the contest and paid 2,800$ in yen.

I hope they open this again (hopefully internationally) and Im rich and can do this... does anyone think those rookies could actually end up in digimon media or just specially made for those people?

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Bandai owns the rights to all five. Nothing's stopping them from appearing elsewhere.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

Digimon Reference Book has updated with 3 Ultimates and 2 Child recolors.

Modoki Betamon and Dokunemon are from Digimon World 1, Raijinmon and Raidenmon are from World 3, and Pile Volcamon has most recently appeared in Cyber Sleuth games. Pile Volcamon's artwork is new, and Dokunemon never had an official artwork prior to this despite appearing the DS games.

With these, the only World 1 Digimon remaining are Blikmon (who recently appeared in a ToyAgumon card) and PS1 version of Golemon. And the only World 3 Digimon remaining are Bemmon-line (who seems to have the same copyright issues as the V-Tamer guys), and King Hangyomon (who never appeared elsewhere, unlike Great King Scumon).

Last edited:

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Wow great new episode imo!

Tsukaimon is like my favourite digimon so seeing him even for a brief moment was great for me, I would have always thought demi-devimon for devimon, but Tsukaimon fits better with being patamons variant. Also we got to see holyangemon priest mode momentarily, and we saw GOLEMON from digimon world 1 mentioned above! Now all we need is that blikmon cameo, which at this rate I would not be surprised about. Im curious if theyll rename Golemon or not when they update the reference book with it.

As for the contents of the episode, it was enjoyable for the most part. Im still confused how this is going to all turn out, I was really hoping to see all the angels together at the end vs the demons but I guess theyre going a different route than that. Only two more episodes :( hope we find out when the new shadow game or whatever its called is coming out soon.

Also last thing is that Im confused about Algomon. Did he just test the digidestines or is he really bad and behind negamon or is he just observing?

Last edited: