• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Digimon discussion - Digimon Ghost Game now available on Crunchyroll

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
The new Digimon Story: Hacker's Memory is adding 4 new Digimon next year if they get 2018 retweets. Tell the first. They got it in a few hours. So apparently, they be adding four new Digimon. The silhouettes are right here.

View attachment 17017

So when you say "new", do you mean completely new Digimon? Or something like DLC?

Because if it's the former, those aren't new Digimon. That's just the Ryudamon line.

Cuddy

Cyndaquil Master
So when you say "new", do you mean completely new Digimon? Or something like DLC?

Because if it's the former, those aren't new Digimon. That's just the Ryudamon line.

It is new for the game. It will be the first time it be on any major gaming or anime. It became a lost line, until today.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I've been thinking about tri a little bit lately, and I think I've come to the conclusion that the new characters aren't hurting the series intentionally, they're just being used poorly. And of them, the one I'm the most disappointed in is Maki Himekawa. I'm getting that unshakeable feeling she was being used much like Oikawa was, which I think devalues her as a character she was being set up to be. She could've been a great villain, and a tragic villain at that. But even though the reboot was all her idea (oh yeah, speaking of Oikawa, friendly reminder the reboot erased him from existence--the butterflies still exist in the epilogue, so the reboot may be reversed which honestly makes the whole point of a reboot pointless and a waste of time), and it's also possible Meicoomon's existence is thanks to her, Maki's only going to get a slap on the wrist at the end of the day as her form of redemption. Because only Digimon can be true villains in the Adventure-verse, I guess.

I was going to hold off bringing this up until after the last movie, but I'm honestly beginning to believe tri is becoming the Dragon Ball GT of the franchise. I don't hate GT, but even with all the talk that surrounds it, I was still disappointed and letdown by it, and that's the kind of feeling I'm getting here. Except that I'm starting to understand the frustrations DBZ fans were having back in the day when it first aired, and so that's why I made that comparison.

Last edited:

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Regarding Oikawa, didn't they found out that not everything actually gets rebooted? Oikawa might have survived because of that.

Cuddy

Cyndaquil Master
The new Digimon game, Hacker's Memory is a bit easy, but that is because of the data being transfer from CS to HM. The bonuses are very good too. The Sistermon and the NXEdge Digimon makes me happy that they have them out and with the new Ryudamon line, my favorite Digimon line, it makes me hope for them to be in the next game in a couple of years.

Cuddy

Cyndaquil Master
Wait what do you mean data transfer? Do you get to transfer Digimon from a save file from the original to Hacker's Memory?

Yes, you can upload the CS game to HM. You get the medals that you had in CS and if you go to the medal shop, the medals that got sold in CS, you also can get the same prizes for HM, without hunting for those medals. Also, if you pre-order, you get more gifts. The digital copy of the game is still out tell the middle of the month.

Astinus

Oh yeah, I forgot Loss had a one-night screening lately. Did anyone go see it?
I went to go see it. I can't really comment on the quality of the dub, since I haven't been following along with that. (Only saw Reunion dubbed, and watch everything else subbed. Even then, I only saw Reunion dubbed once.) There were only a handful of people in the theater. Still had a good time, since it's always great to see Digimon in the theaters.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member

diakyu

Ten bucks says the final boss looks almost identical to Apocalymon. Glad to see Tri is seemingly keeping it stagnant and boring all the way till the end.

HEY YOU GUYS REMEMBER DEVIMON RIGHT? WOW WHAT A SPOOKY AND INTIMIDATING GUY. YOU REMEMBER HIM RIGHT?

Jesus christ.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
So......I just realized now that the entire Meicoomon line is practically Gatomon's line 2.0

1. 99% identical Child/Rookie form
2. Stays in Adult/Champion form all the time
3. Starts as a puppy, evolves into a cat, then evolves further into an angel

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I honestly thought they were going to change Gatomon's mega to Ophanimon for tri, but I'm surprised they're keeping with Magnadramon.

Cuddy

Cyndaquil Master
So......I just realized now that the entire Meicoomon line is practically Gatomon's line 2.0

1. 99% identical Child/Rookie form
2. Stays in Adult/Champion form all the time
3. Starts as a puppy, evolves into a cat, then evolves further into an angel

On the child Digimon forms into the adult Digimon forms, Digimon do it all the time. Look at the Patamon line, a flying hedgehog turning into an angel. The Gabumon line have a reptile turning into a wolf, so some lines might be out of wacked, but it works.

Kung Fu Ferret

The Usurper
I've always preferred Magnadramon over Ophanimon. Also, I hope this Tri finale reveals what happened to the Zero Two cast. It seems unlikely, but I want them to come back and help save the day.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Gee, thanks for spoiling that Gatomon totally survives being deleted, Toei. Even though we all knew it. What a mess.

It doesn't make sense for Magnadramon to be the "true" Mega form for Gatomon when she already became Ophanimon Falldown Mode. So I'm just going to pretend that she actually does have two split evolutions because Kari's she's special like that. Also lmao is Magnadramon fugly-looking, good job, tri.

Hey, it's better that it's Devimon than Myotismon, let's be honest (even though I wouldn't have minded). The guy died too quickly, honestly, so if we get more Devimon action, that's fine by me. Unless they're all coming back.

Also raise your hand if you're surprised Daigo will die.

No one? Okay then.