• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Digimon discussion - Digimon Ghost Game now available on Crunchyroll

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Welcome to the world of fictional media.

It doesn't matter if every other series is better than the ones that came before, the one that came first will almost always succeed over the rest.

Nostalgia tends to rule over quality, unfortunately. Oh well, at least Adventure it a good series.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Why am I not frigging surprised. Considering every Digimon season has fewer and fewer fans, it's a "no duh" moment that Tamers isn't as popular as Adventure, not by a long shot. Therefore, everyone crossing their fingers hoping for a sequel to Tamers--as cool as that might be--are just kidding themselves. There's a better chance of 02 getting a Tri-esque treatment than Tamers, but I just have this to ask:

Why would you want Tamers to get a Tri-equivalent? That's just asking for trouble.
honestly I think if they would have used all the kids of the 01/02 digidestined for a tri series, that would have been awesome to see too. Fresh but somehow familiar characters with their digimon that we know about, but could have different evolution paths than their parents, so we'd still be pleasantly suprised and so on. I'd have that WAY more than tamers.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
honestly I think if they would have used all the kids of the 01/02 digidestined for a tri series, that would have been awesome to see too. Fresh but somehow familiar characters with their digimon that we know about, but could have different evolution paths than their parents, so we'd still be pleasantly suprised and so on. I'd have that WAY more than tamers.

And chalking that to the "Wasted Plot-lines and Potentials" list. Hot damn, I knew this was going to be a mess the moment I took a look into the filmography of the staff involved back during Confession.

Also the more detailed Korean spoilers have come out to balance out the Brazilian spoilers, and it still reeks of disappointment and even further cash-grab.

Seriously, they keep it so open-ended that it just should've been a TV series this whole goddamn time. There was no reason for it to be a six-parter movie/OVA series that amounts to a two-cour TV series if they weren't going to tie up its loose ends. Korean spoilers don't even mention Maki anywhere and Gennai's behavior isn't explained.

BCVM22

it just should've been a TV series this whole goddamn time. There was no reason for it to be a six-parter movie/OVA series that amounts to a two-cour TV series

Because you need a broadcaster willing to run it as a TV series. A TV series can't exist in a vacuum.

A movie/OAV series can, in a sense, however. Theaters will run it and there's built-in revenue later on from releasing it on home media. Case in point, if Tri had been a television series, there would be little to no presence for it internationally and very probably no English dub of any sort.

They don't make these decisions by throwing darts at the wall. It's not just a matter of saying "well it SHOULD have been this because..."

Cuddy

Cyndaquil Master
Toei is working hard on not only Adventures, but they are focusing on the X-Antibody Digimon too. Bandai had a poll out to ask fans of the show who your favorite X-Antibody Digimon is and who should be able to get a X form. Of course, mine is Ryudamon and the ones I put down is Patamon and Elecmon.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Wait, they didn't resolve what happened to the 02 kids? That's stupid. That's insipid. Of all the things they needed to wrap up, that should have been at the top of the list. These designated heroes ran the risk of erasing the 02 kids yet none of them bothered to question what the literal hell happened to them?

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Wait, they didn't resolve what happened to the 02 kids? That's stupid. That's insipid. Of all the things they needed to wrap up, that should have been at the top of the list. These designated heroes ran the risk of erasing the 02 kids yet none of them bothered to question what the literal hell happened to them?

Korean spoilers indicate they're comatose in some underground lab or something, but maybe Daigo will explain why that happened to them. Oh, and Gennai tries to kill them. Fun.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Toei is working hard on not only Adventures, but they are focusing on the X-Antibody Digimon too. Bandai had a poll out to ask fans of the show who your favorite X-Antibody Digimon is and who should be able to get a X form. Of course, mine is Ryudamon and the ones I put down is Patamon and Elecmon.

omg yay! I love the x-antibody, and that movie is my favorite digimon movie I think, due to no humans in it! I want all my favorite digimon to get an antibody, please give Cherubimon and BanchoGolemon one!

Also what is everyone getting so upset about the last tri film? We haven't even seen it yet...

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Also what is everyone getting so upset about the last tri film? We haven't even seen it yet...

I'm just always mad at Toei tbh. It's an unhealthy love-hate relationship I can never escape from due to how extremely prevalent Toei Animation is within the anime industry.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I can't even do a proper "it's the final countdown" joke, I'm just so tired of it all.

tai.png
LOL YEEESSSS!! That explains it perfectly. I'm basically gathering any ounce of excitement I have left together for this to pump myself up! I need to switch myself over from pokemon to digimon to get full pumped up too! (I tend to lean towards one at a time but love both equally).

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Oh shit, tomorrow's the day and I forgot to rewatch all the movies in preparation. Then again, I was rather reluctant about doing it because of its horrendous pacing and no one but the official release properly put together the films (and for some reason bro hasn't gotten the first film, but he bought the other two).

Oh well.

Meanwhile, I'm still waiting for ProjectMouthwash's Digimon Adventure Tri Abridged to update with part five.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Tri is getting so disappointing to me, I didn't even pay attention to the airing date anymore, and thought it already aired lol. So it's tomorrow, huh.
I'll see it to see if it's really like the spoilers make it out to be, but I don't have high hopes XD

Why would you want Tamers to get a Tri-equivalent? That's just asking for trouble.

It was a logical thought back when Tri first aired. Now? Not so much. In fact at this point it's better to not ruin Tamers with a Tri equivalent.

Cuddy

Cyndaquil Master
Digimon is going to have a new season coming this year. Information is coming from With the Will forum.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I’m still watching Tri, but I just have to rant here very quick because this reveal makes me think it’s bullshit.

“All light is within Meicoomon” turns out to be all of the Digimon data backups.

WHAT.

THE.

FUCK????

Are you kidding me? How in the fuck did this happen? You mean she always had this? How? WHY? WHEN? Is this the result of the Apocalymon data? Holy shit, why is this a thing? This is bullshit, this is a huge asspull.

This is fucking stupid. And I thought them waving off the fate of the 02 kids was dumb, but this takes the cake and eats it, too.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Wait, new season, or new series?
It says new project, apparently:
https://twitter.com/Digi_advntr15th/status/992375889341005824
So yes, it is a new series. Of what we don't know.

I will wait until summer to see if this is interesting(which also when ReArise will rease in Japan apparently).

Edit: As for your spoilers,
Meicoomon's canon evo, Rasielmon, is basically Uxie of Digiverse lorewise. Hence why it is called Libra.