• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Digimon discussion - Digimon Ghost Game now available on Crunchyroll

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I heard that Kakudou actually wanted to have aliens be involved in the story. I'm just glad that they didn't go with that.

Yeah, the aliens take is pretty out there, but I have to wonder if there was a reason behind that, like it could've been revealed they came from another parallel world, thus further supporting the quantum sea. So that'd make the aliens Digimon--but remember Vademon? Could've been his people. Weird as the episode was (and I get that people don't like it, I agree it's an odd episode to have), he does live in like a separate pocket dimension in the Digital World, after all.

So I dunno, I'm curious to know what would've been done about it.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Yeah, the aliens take is pretty out there, but I have to wonder if there was a reason behind that, like it could've been revealed they came from another parallel world, thus further supporting the quantum sea. So that'd make the aliens Digimon--but remember Vademon? Could've been his people. Weird as the episode was (and I get that people don't like it, I agree it's an odd episode to have), he does live in like a separate pocket dimension in the Digital World, after all.

So I dunno, I'm curious to know what would've been done about it.
When you put it that way, I would like to see what they would do with Witchelny as well and any other pocket universe in the digimon world.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Eh, Digimon are essentially aliens to begin with.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Although if they were to add Alien digimon to digimon..... ULTRABEAST RIP OFF ALERT is probably what would be passed around. I personally never think they're ripping each other, but could be weird if both series come out with alienesque creatures at the same time.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Although if they were to add Alien digimon to digimon..... ULTRABEAST RIP OFF ALERT is probably what would be passed around. I personally never think they're ripping each other, but could be weird if both series come out with alienesque creatures at the same time.

I'll laugh my butt off if that ever happens as Digimon is not even close to being a rip-off. It was just pure coincidence and timing that the two properties were being worked on at the same time, but Pokémon was released first. (Still can't help thinking Pokémon's been taking cues from Digimon lately, but whatever.)

Still, though, given Digimon has confirmed time and time again there are different worlds each seemingly with their own digital monsters (though I imagine that's just what everyone calls them, they probably have different names for Digimon and stuff as well), alien Digimon is frankly not that far off from becoming reality. It's silly to say Digimon came from space (not that Pokémon did it first, but it's still confusing), but it could make for interesting lore if it turns out other worlds in the universe have their own Digimon born from technology.

When you put it that way, I would like to see what they would do with Witchelny as well and any other pocket universe in the digimon world.

So apparently it's believed that Witchelny is a digital world based more off of fantasy or the feudal era, so with that in mind, a digital world based off of science fiction or a space age (or even a portal to an actual planet) seems just as likely. It'd be pretty cool, I think.

But I doubt Toei or even Bandai will ever explore that idea. :/

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."

Cuddy

Cyndaquil Master
So there was a puppet play, eh? Those are some good quality puppets, must've been a real treat to see live.

The first post in the thread made me do a spit take, it was so random:

"Joshua Seth kind of looks like daddy Derek."
In 2 weeks, Bandai-Namco, the Digimon franchise and Habu, the creator of the past three games are going to announce something big. Maybe another game, or maybe another animation. Nobody knows yet, but at suppose to be around an hour of private talking, and about 3 hours long on You-Tube.

Cuddy

Cyndaquil Master

NeoDude-5000

So we what we're getting is essentially a Digimon The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (kinda, sort of). I'm sorry I don't what is the definition of a survival RPG so sorry if I used a bad example.

Cuddy

Cyndaquil Master
So we what we're getting is essentially a Digimon The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (kinda, sort of). I'm sorry I don't what is the definition of a survival RPG so sorry if I used a bad example.
We do not know what to expect. The news will be coming out first on the 21st, and then the 29th. One of them be a new Digimon TV series.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

M.P.

Retired
Not much detail, but the game will be called Digimon Survive. It is scheduled to come out in 2019, and it is suppose to be on both PS4 and Nintendo Switch. It's described as a Survival Strategy RPG. The game will have both 2d and 3d graphical elements. https://withthewill.net/threads/20538-Digimon-Survive-for-PS4-and-Switch-Early-Info

Glad to hear there's new game coming. Not sure how to feel about the battle system change, though: I liked Cyber Sleuth's battle system a lot and have never played strategy RPGs before.

EDIT: Turns out this isn't the Story title they teased last December.

Last edited:

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
So, more Digimon Adventure movies.

Who is excited? At least Frontier is getting a Blu-ray release I suppose.