1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Digimon discussion - Digimon Adventure tri. now available on Crunchyroll

Discussion in 'Alternate Animé & Manga Discussion' started by FeminineCuttlefish, Oct 16, 2009.

1. lolipiece

lolipiece Now that's using your noodle Staff Member Moderator

Aw man, Tai and Agumon's last adventure?

*Glances at 02 ending*

Yep, totally the finale. Nothing more after this.

TheWanderingMist likes this.
  2. TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist Daikuro, Keeper Of The Gates Ambitious

I've got a question. Am I the only one who actually liked the ending of 02? Everyone else on the Internet constantly attacks it.

3. Kutie Pie

Kutie Pie "It is my destiny."

The ones who actively hate it are the butthurt shippers, that's really all there is to it. A few have legit reasons for disliking it such as how the "passing of the torch" came out as forced, it's a saccharine happy ending including the DigiDestineds growing up and getting their dream jobs, everyone's apparently okay with there being a Digital World--it really and truly feels rushed. No one would have too much of a problem with it had it been fleshed out more instead of feeling tacked on. I think this is the result of the proposed Zero Three being canceled and them jumping straight to Tamers.

Tri was marketed as being a bridge leading to the epilogue, and it didn't do much to bridge that gap. This movie (or series of movies fuck you Toei I know you're thinking of doing this) might do that as well, but I recall it being marketed as an "alternate universe", unless they really-really-really want this to be a direct sequel to Zero Two like for reals this time y'all, not yanking your chain or nothing.

4. lolipiece

Matt did imply he'll go to space in the last Tri movie.

So I better see him and Gabumon doing zero-G training in this.

5. TheWanderingMist

Oh ok. I've seen things about Matt being an astronaut coming out of nowhere, but honestly, who would pass up that chance? And I'm kind of a sucker for happy endings.

6. U.N. Owen

U.N. Owen In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...

My biggest problem is how such a saccharine ending came after the pitiful way MaloMyotismon was defeated. Had there been a brawl between the two rather than kids just wishing him away, I would have found the epilogue much better. It would feel more earned to say the least.

7. Kutie Pie

I don't remember if it was ever really properly explained, but wasn't the only way to defeat MaloMyotismon was to have wishes that were stronger/more powerful than his wishes? The World of Dreams seems to imply that, so it was a case of mind over matter in that regard. Still is rather silly, but I think that was what they were going for.

TheWanderingMist likes this.
  8. Cuddy

Cuddy Cyndaquil Master

I see that the ending of 02 is something that they did not know that Digimon will be as popular as it is today, so they thought that it was the last we would had heard of them. Then stuff happen and now we have what we have now.

I love to see what they are going to do with the introduction of the new X-Antibody 7 Demon Lords and see if they will finish the Royal Knights and Olympus 12 X-Antibodies before the last 01 movie comes out next year.

9. U.N. Owen

U.N. Owen In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...

With how 02 ended, I'm surprised they didn't tease Daemon or Dragomon at the end since those plot points were left hanging. All the more reason to never have two heads of story who don't communicate.

10. Cuddy

Cuddy Cyndaquil Master

They did left Tri on a cliff hanger of some sort, by mentioning Daemon and Diaboromon at the end of the last movie. So I am wondering if one of those two be part of the last evolution movie.

MockingJ likes this.
  11. TheWanderingMist

Ah yeah, that was the worst part of 02, not following up on that Dark Ocean episode. Look, it's Cthulhu! Let's never speak of him again!

12. Kutie Pie

You really think Toei will address dropped fan-favorite plot-points and give them the proper conclusions they deserve? That's cute.

13. lolipiece

At least he has Maki now.

14. Cuddy

Cuddy Cyndaquil Master

This is not the anime from 2000, this is going to be 2020 and they are more alert on doing the anime.

15. Kutie Pie

You think Toei actually cares about Digimon and not the money? That's adorable.

MockingJ likes this.
  16. Cuddy

Cuddy Cyndaquil Master

I think Bandai cares for both the Digimon and the money. See, Bandai give the license to Toei to make the animation, but Bandai is rightful owners of Digimon, which is why there are also video games, toys and action figures.

MockingJ likes this.
  17. Hydrangea

Hydrangea 風に吹き Staff Member

God, you summed up exactly how I feel about the series as a whole at this point but man I love Digimon. And I'm totally gonna watch this new movie and I'm going to get emotional and I'm going to be angry about it. :/

Assuming Survive and the next story game will be as good as Cyber Sleuth (Hackers Memory was also okay... I guess.) at least I have those to look forward to.

WishIhadaManafi5 likes this.
  18. Kutie Pie

Bandai (America) canceled the Angewomon figurine pre-orders for American consumers because they don't care about the fans. Fuck them.

19. Cuddy

Cuddy Cyndaquil Master

They cancelled it because of how she looked and not because Bandai do not care of fans. America is a country that a lot of people care too much about religion and not about what a kid want to watch or see.

20. Kutie Pie

Kids weren't buying the figurines anyway, they're collectibles. Adults are the ones who buy collectible figurines. Bandai should know this, and they canceled it anyway because "She has *gulps* .....boobs" and ignoring the fans who actually wanted it.