1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Digimon discussion - Digimon Adventure tri. now available on Crunchyroll

Discussion in 'Alternate Animé & Manga Discussion' started by FeminineCuttlefish, Oct 16, 2009.

1. TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist Kanae, Keeper of the Gates Emblazoned

...I don't think religion had anything to do with it. Digimon certainly isn't popular enough here to trigger the watchdog groups. It was in the 90s, but definitely not anymore.

2. Cuddy

Cuddy Cyndaquil Master

Digimon does have a watchdog group. The rest of the World got Sistermon Noir and America only got Sistermon Ceil in the Hacker's Memory game, because of the watchdog group.

3. TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist Kanae, Keeper of the Gates Emblazoned

You realize the rest of the world doesn't get Ciel, right? And I'd say this is the reason America doesn't get Noir

Attacks:
    Mickey Bullet

And you mind telling me exactly how Ciel's awakened form is less risque than Noir's?

4. Cuddy

Cuddy Cyndaquil Master

It is not because of Ceil is America only monster, it is because of the outfit the Noir looks is just like a nun.

5. NeoDude-5000

NeoDude-5000 Well-Known Member

New Digimon Survive trailer, but its the opening. But its something right?

WishIhadaManafi5 likes this.
  6. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 Happy Holidays! Staff Member Moderator

Love it. It looks like it'll be really intense.

7. lolipiece

lolipiece Moderator Staff Member Moderator

8. RileyXY1

RileyXY1 Young Battle Trainer

Well, I'm glad that the 02 cast are actually going to be in this movie.

9. U.N. Owen

U.N. Owen In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...

They exist!

The only way this could be better is if they called out the original eight for forgetting about them for the span of Tri.

10. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

So are Inoue and Iori somehow going to go Mega? Cause so far those two are the only ones out of the twelve who can't, DNA digivolution or otherwise

11. NeoDude-5000

YEAHH!!! Everyone is here! All we need now is Meiko and the whole group will be assembled

12. Afrodisiac

Afrodisiac break up w yo gf, im bored

AAAAA Miyako looks so good!

Hopefully Hawkmon will retain his seiyuu -Koichi Tochika- who was my favorite part about 02 to be honest. Also want birb to evolve into Valkyrimon, best boy deserves it.

13. Griff4815

Griff4815 No. 1 Grovyle Fan

Pretty sure they confirmed that Veemon, Hawkmon, Armadimon, and Wormmon return with their original seiyuus, which is pretty good news.

14. Lord Godwin

Lord Godwin The Lord of Darkness

It would be nice to give non DNA Ultras and Megas for 02 cast:
    Ulforceveedramon for V-mon
    Jewelbeemon and GrandisKuwagamon for Wormon
    Hippogriphmon and Griphmon for Hawkmon
    Brachimon and Cannondramon for Armadillomon

15. lemoncatpower

lemoncatpower Cynical optimist

No no,

Veemon, ex-veemon, aeroveedramon, uforceveedramon
    Wormon, stingmon, jewelbeemon, banchostingmon
    Hawkmon, Aquilamon, hippogriphomon, griphomon
    Armadillomon, ankylomon, brachiomon, cannondramon

Just had to fix veemon and wormmon lol.

Although I do think it should be:
    Hawkmon, aquilamon, sylphymon, valkyriemon
    Armadillomon, ankylomon, shakoumon, clavisangemon

I’ve heard that for some DNA digivolution, one is actually a main in the evolution and that gatomon/patamon just act as power boosts for armadillomon and hawkmon to reach their usual ultra forms and then wormmon and veemon actually achieve a new form they wouldn’t normally apart or with a different DNA partner

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
    Lord Godwin likes this.
  16. lolipiece

lolipiece Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I'd much rather Veemon have different Ultimate and Mega forms, if only to distance himself from Zero from the V-Tamer manga.

Also, AeroV-dramon would be a bit redundant since X-Veemon is basically that...except better designed.

Trainer Yusuf likes this.
  17. lemoncatpower

lemoncatpower Cynical optimist

I see what you're saying, but as far as I know, we've never had a Vdramon in the anime.

Also XVeemon just looks like a skinny AeroVeedramon with less details and less power imo.

18. Kutie Pie

Kutie Pie "It is my destiny."

19. NeoDude-5000

More sad news. The voice behind Armadillomon and Wizardmon Robert Axelrod has passed away too.

Don't go expecting the same Armadilliomon from the Adventure 02 dub for Last Evolution

20. Kutie Pie

Kutie Pie "It is my destiny."

Here's the Tweet announcing it.

I hadn't been following it very closely, but he had been hospitalized for about a year. He had surgery, but he never recovered from it. I think he was retired from voice-acting anyway prior to it so he was never going to return as Armadillomon, let alone Wizardmon had he had a speaking role, but it still hurts. It hurts as a quiet fan of his, though I honestly never expected him to be with us for long. He always looked so frail to me, but he was always so happy to meet his fans. On his behalf, he had a GoFundMe for his medical expenses for over a year, and it's now going toward his memorial services. It's real bittersweet, but it goes to show just how much he was loved and had a loyal fanbase.

Rest in peace, Robert.

Redstar45 and Trainer Yusuf like this.