• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Digimon discussion - Digimon Ghost Game now available on Crunchyroll

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
You know what made Digimon interesting? The Internet was still young back in 1999, still a frontier. You let your imagination run wild, and you wondered what exactly the World Wide Web really was, what it could look like. The idea of a "Digital World" meant anything goes, but it also meant opening the possibilities of another world that lay just beyond our computer screens, beyond the circuits and chips.

2020 Internet is different compared to 1999 Internet. Who's to say the idea of a "Digital World" works better in 2020? How will it have evolved, and is it just as dangerous, or has there been too much kiddie-proofing? At least with Appmon, while not a new idea, per se, it was still a fresh idea in adapting Digimon's quantum sea into a mobile world compared to Adventures' and Tamers' computer world.

If they can't bring themselves to be as imaginative as they were 20 years ago in making this "new" Digital World look like how it would be in modern time, then what even is the point?

BCVM22

After this many near-consecutive posts calling it “Adventures”, it needs to be said:

Digimon Adventure. Singular. Only one adventure.

Cuddy

Cyndaquil Master
This is the next project the Digimon franchise is going to be working on. The video is coming from the official Bandai YouTube channel.

NeoDude-5000

A well made trailer kind of like the ones that Pokemon do recently with real-life settings and CGI Pokemon. But I think its supposed to showcase the Digimon brand of today, the vitrual pets, video games, the new trading card game, and of course the anime.

BCVM22

A six-minute prequel short to the upcoming film, starring Sora.

Fairly delightful. The Crest symbols in their group chat, and Tailmon's ears poking over Hikari's desk while she's in class are making me laugh and I'm not sure why.

Fairy King

I loved the short! I'm happily surprised that Sora was the focus. She and Biyomon were my favorites when I was a kid. I hope she still gets some action despite deciding not to participate in the battles anymore. I also really like the updated looks. Especially Mimi, TK, Matt, and Kari.

Cuddy

Cyndaquil Master
A new preview just came out for the new movie that is coming in 2 weeks.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
So, they're still continuing with the "Agumon is the same as the one from the first movie?" that Tri established?

Am I missing something? I thought it was stated they were separate beings, or was there a retcon in the past decade or so?

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I don't remember any retconning. Maybe it's possible Agumon had to over time recall those memories because he had to wait for such a long time for Tai that he could've forgotten his experience in the human world. Or it's possible he had lost them/they got scrambled when being reconfigured that were only restored when Meicoomon released the last save file of the Digital World... @_@

.....did the PSP game ever mention it? I think Tri was taking more cues from the PSP game than the original series itself.

SatoSereFan224888

Kind of excited about the new movie plus the anime reboot looks really awesome as well. Still hoping for a Tamers sequel.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Kind of excited about the new movie plus the anime reboot looks really awesome as well. Still hoping for a Tamers sequel.
Eh, no thanks. After Toei's "performance" with Tri, I don't want a Tamer's sequel unless Konaka gets full creative control.

SatoSereFan224888

Leonhart

Imagineer
U.N. Owen said:
Eh, no thanks. After Toei's "performance" with Tri, I don't want a Tamer's sequel unless Konaka gets full creative control.

I think that a Tamers sequel could end up being great with proper writing and direction. I consider the Tamers series to be a masterpiece, so I'd be distraught if Toei were to ruin its legacy with a sloppy sequel.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Not every story needs a sequel. Tamers' bittersweet ending was perfect for what it was.

What really needs a sequel is Frontier. If only because I want to see Katsuharu, Teppei, Chiaki, and Tetsuo (the kids who hung out with Angemon) to get purified versions of the Earth, Wood, Metal, and Water Spirits like Koichi did with Lowemon.

U.N. Owen

Not every story needs a sequel. Tamers' bittersweet ending was perfect for what it was.

What really needs a sequel is Frontier. If only because I want to see Katsuharu, Teppei, Chiaki, and Tetsuo (the kids who hung out with Angemon) to get purified versions of the Earth, Wood, Metal, and Water Spirits like Koichi did with Lowemon.

What Frontier needs is an apology for that pathetic excuse of an arc called "Royal Knights." We wasted 9 or 10 episodes dedicated to the cycle of heroes getting butts kicked and area getting eaten until Lucemon shows up. In that time, we could have gotten half of what you said.

Yes, I'm still salty about this years later.

NeoDude-5000

I putted the TV spot in a spoiler tab (my first time doing one BTW) because it contains our first look at... well just watch at your own risk. And for the love of King Drasil don't freak out negatively.

U.N. Owen

If I could learn Japanese faster and had a boat load of cash, I would fly to Japan and spy on the writer's room and executive offices just to see WTF where these guys thinking

Let's design Agnimon & Wolfmon but worse! Seriously