• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Digimon discussion - Digimon Ghost Game now available on Crunchyroll

NeoDude-5000

We've got our cast for Digimon Adventure.

Digidestined:

Tai will be voiced by Yuko Sanpei (best known as Boruto from well Boruto)
Matt will be voiced by Daisuke Namikawa (he voiced Daigo in Adventure Tri.)
Sora is voiced by Ryoko Shiraishi (she has worked in Digimon media before as Mervamon in Fusion and the hero in Re: Digitize)
Izzy will be voiced by Yumiko Kobayashi (except Duel Masters I don't know any of her previous roles)
Mimi will be voiced by Marika Kono (voice of Silence Suzuka in Pretty Derby and Mizuki Yuiga in Bokuben)
Joe is voice by Takeshi Kusa (he voiced a lot of characters from Fusion including Christopher, Greymon, Ballistamon, and Bagramon)
T.K. will be voiced by an actress who voiced him previously on the PSP game, Megumi Han
And finally Kari is voiced by Misaki Watada (Glenda in Strike the Blood and Kento in Battle Spirits Double Drive, never heard of them)

The partner Digimon:

Unsurprisingly everyone is voiced by the same VA's as before, except Gatomon. She will be voiced now by Mie Sonozaki.

And lastly the narrator of the series will be Masako Nozawa, who voiced Guilmon in Tamers and of course the man, the myth, the legend, Goku.

Last edited:

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
They might bring in the Sovereigns and the conflict with the Dark Masters--but wasn't there an "ancient war" in the lore that Leomon said in the first series to the DigiDestined at Primary Village? The DigiWorld's time is screwed up because of Millenniumon, so thousands of years could've easily passed between the Dark Masters' first defeat to when Tai and gang showed up.
Yeah, given Tomioka's love for obscure continuity in his other projects, it is probably referring the war between the evolved Digimon and the unevolved Digimon that caused Apocalymon and Digi-Eggs, not the Sovereigns vs. Dark Masters.

Which in theory can also mean we are getting Armor Evolutions for the OG cast.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Tai will be voiced by Yuko Sanpei (best known as Boruto from well Boruto)

Shame, I think Selim Bradley was her first famous role. I know her best as Hibito as a kid, so Tai's going to sound like him, I bet.

Matt will be voiced by Daisuke Namikawa (he voiced Daigo in Adventure Tri.)

...interesting. Guess they're keeping to tradition of giving Matt a deeper voice than the rest of the cast lol. He's a fantastic voice-actor, though.

Sora is voiced by Ryoko Shiraishi (she has worked in Digimon media before as Mervamon in Fusion and the hero in Re: Digitize)

Makes sense, Akari was like the Sora of Fusion. She was also Schrödinger, but who even watched Hellsing Ultimate subbed lmao.

Izzy will be voiced by Yumiko Kobayashi (except Duel Masters I don't know any of her previous roles)

She's Sarah McDougal from Love Hina and Black☆Star from Soul Eater. Interesting, but I can see it working.

Mimi will be voiced by Marika Kono (voice of Silence Suzuka in Pretty Derby and Mizuki Yuiga in Bokuben)

I'm thinking she got her start in Rail Wars! as minor characters, but made her main role debut in Sore ga Seiyuu! as Rin Kohana. Haven't heard her sing before, though, didn't watch the anime she provided vocals for.

Joe is voice by Takeshi Kusa (he voiced a lot of characters from Fusion including Christopher, Greymon, Ballistamon, and Bagramon)

Oh, he's a veteran voice-actor, he's been Future Trunks since DBZ and he's Gol D. Roger. Interesting that he's voicing Joe. You'd think they'd have gotten someone younger.

T.K. will be voiced by an actress who voiced him previously on the PSP game, Megumi Han

She's Gin from Hunter x Hunter, Atsuko from Little Witch Academia, and Rinko from My Love Story. I approve.

And finally Kari is voiced by Misaki Watada (Glenda in Strike the Blood and Kento in Battle Spirits Double Drive, never heard of them)

She's fairly new to the industry. People might recognize her from Kemono Friends as Kinshikou as well.

The partner Digimon:

Unsurprisingly everyone is voiced by the same VA's as before, except Gatomon. She will be voiced now by Mie Sonozaki.

Oof, Yuka Tokumitsu must've not been available or something. But that's alright, Mie was Viola in One Piece. Sexy voice, I can totally hear that coming out of Gatomon.

Looks like we're in for quite a performance.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
They're recasting the kids again? Any particular reason why? I know some of the OG voices have died in the past decade (like Sora and Tai's, I believe?), but what about the others?

I guess since it's a reboot, they want to make it as fresh as possible.

Oh well, most of my experience with Adventure was the dub, so it's not going to be weird to adjust. New Tai sounds pretty good, though.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
They're recasting the kids again? Any particular reason why? I know some of the OG voices have died in the past decade (like Sora and Tai's, I believe?), but what about the others?

I guess since it's a reboot, they want to make it as fresh as possible.

I dunno if it's to keep it "fresh" when the majority of the Digimon cast is still the same. I still don't know why Tokumitsu couldn't make it, though, but they should've just replaced everyone instead of halfway.

Though I wonder if Akira Ishida will still be Wizardmon. #KeepWizzieSexy

NeoDude-5000

Some V-Jump news.

The Kuramon like digimon we saw in the trailers is known as Argomon. Yep that Argomon from the Digimon Data Squad movie that nobody talks about.

Here is its bio: "A creepy one-eyed Digimon with a green body and tentacles that stretch out like arms. Since it's a baby it's still very weak, but it's up to some sort of evil and bringing a bad influence to the real world...!"

And for the latest Survive news with still no release date (getting real sick of this) we have another duo, Miu Shinonome and Shakomon. Miu is also Kaito's sister.

And that is probably the last batch of Digi-news before Adventure folks.

Links:
Baby Algomon. https://withthewill.net/threads/alg...-adventure-trailer-details-from-v-jump.23228/
General news: https://withthewill.net/threads/digimon-in-may-v-jump-adventure-card-game-survive-more.23230/
And some card game news if you're interested: https://withthewill.net/threads/det...e-booster-set-1-green-card-color-added.23229/[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Some V-Jump news.

The Kuramon like digimon we saw in the trailers is known as Algomon. Yep that Algomon from the Digimon Data Squad movie that nobody one talks about.

Here is its bio: "A creepy one-eyed Digimon with a green body and tentacles that stretch out like arms. Since it's a baby it's still very weak, but it's up to some sort of evil and bringing a bad influence to the real world...!"

And for the latest Survive news with still no release date (getting real sick of this) we have another duo, Miu Shinonome and Shakomon. Miu is also Kaito's sister.

And that is probably the last batch of Digi-news before Adventure folks.

Links:
Baby Algomon. https://withthewill.net/threads/alg...-adventure-trailer-details-from-v-jump.23228/
General news: https://withthewill.net/threads/digimon-in-may-v-jump-adventure-card-game-survive-more.23230/
And some card game news if you're interested: https://withthewill.net/threads/det...e-booster-set-1-green-card-color-added.23229/
[/QUOTE]
so are argomon and diaboramon related a bit? They seem to share a lot of the same forms. I barely payed attention to savers when I watched it so I'll have to rewatch it since I remember next to none of it off the top of my head :p

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
so are argomon and diaboramon related a bit? They seem to share a lot of the same forms.

Argomon, Diaboromon, and D-Reaper might be related in some way.

Nah, I think someone on the team is a fan of Gankutsuou.
latest
first-reveal.png

Cuddy

Cyndaquil Master
The new episode was just shown on Crunchyroll. It was a cool episode with so many upticks about it. I love what they showed in the first episode of Digimon Adventure Reboot.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
The first episode is so stupid cool and personal strikes perfect
The opening is so great and respect for 1999 opening
And i am glad Digimon battle is great and
Choose children is feeling fleash and new and be respected to original anime.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I heard word from someone that it was going to go up on Netflix soon, but if it's already on Crunchyroll, guess it's not American-based.

Still am unsure when/if I'll start this since I'm not hyped at all. I figured like I said earlier I'll do three-episode binges at a time, or after I finally get around to watching Kizuna whenever that will be.

Redstar45

I heard word from someone that it was going to go up on Netflix soon, but if it's already on Crunchyroll, guess it's not American-based.

Still am unsure when/if I'll start this since I'm not hyped at all. I figured like I said earlier I'll do three-episode binges at a time, or after I finally get around to watching Kizuna whenever that will be.
I kind like it but there is rush pace and i kind wanted something in between fast and slow pace

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I kind like it but there is rush pace and i kind wanted something in between fast and slow pace

Compared to most other Toei series, Digimon typically does have a fast pace. The series itself still takes time to get good, but the episodes always went by pretty quickly.

Redstar45

Compared to most other Toei series, Digimon typically does have a fast pace. The series itself still takes time to get good, but the episodes always went by pretty quickly.
No to me i was remember that i was rewatch original anime and the pace is slow but have good build up and this version of the digital monsters adventure actually too fast without at least slow bit you know . They are pretty going on do mimi version of the War Games story

Last edited:

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
So, we see the Crests of Courage and Knowledge appear to Tai and Izzy. Does that mean they've already earned them? I wouldn't mind that if it means we don't have to repeat that plot point.

Though if Matt already has Gabumon, that would mean he has his Crest of Friendship and I'd like to see him have that without any friends (presumably).

That said, how different this was to the original series is pretty fascinating. They don't waste time trying to develop all eight kids at once. They're doing it slowly. Heck, we'll probably have to wait before Joe, Mimi, and Sora get properly introduced.

The opening is really good. Nice to see we're not trying to bank purely on nostalgia by doing Butter-Fly for the tenth time.

...Not sure how much I like it being so Tai-focused, though. Digimon openings are usually better than that. Also wonder why TK and Kari are being treated differently.

SatoSereFan224888

Watched the first episode. Got to say I’m impressed. I really like the direction this “reboot” is going. It’s not a carbon copy of the original. Guess we will have some nasty evil as the final boss.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
I find it funny that the world buster stakes were already thrown into the fray within the first two episodes.

NeoDude-5000

Alright we have a good start. This was a great first episode. Also I like the title for next episode "War Game" its just perfect for the plot of it.

BCVM22

I would not have put money on Omegamon appearing by the end of the second episode, and before any formal evolution sequences at that.

I do like that they're incorporating the Crests earlier on. For as important as they were in the original Adventure, they didn't appear for the first time until after the first arc.