• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Digimon discussion - Digimon Ghost Game now available on Crunchyroll

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Why did I just watch episode 40 when it was clearly labeled episode 2?

Matt is now even more of an edgy loner than normal, and he didn't need a talking tree from New York to convince him first.

So. Omnimon already? OK, Toei, I'll bite. You've piqued my interest.

This is sort of similar to Xros Wars, where Shoutmon X3 debuted (sort of) in episode 1 despite it not being possible until Dorulumon joined the group. Just, you know, on a much bigger level.

Honestly, I'm surprised they had the restraint not to make a new Omnimon form that has Greymon and Garurumon arms instead of their Mega forms.

Akashin

A part of me was half-expecting to see Omegamon here somehow, just because this episode was such an obvious recreation of Our War Game. So even though I expected to be proven wrong, I wasn't really surprised in the end.

What I'm curious about now is, what happens to all this white wing imagery stuff once Taichi and Yamato no longer need their siblings' help to use Omegamon? Is there a possibility of us seeing Merciful Mode again, or something else entirely? Merciful Mode would certainly fit the imagery, but given its name it feels sort of specifically made for the Ordinemon battle.

In any case, I'm really enjoying this so far. The aesthetics of the Network are starting to wear on me a bit since there's not much variety going on, but the title for next week's episode tells me that might not be a problem for long.

NeoDude-5000

And we didn't get any snowstorms this time. Also I don't know if I want to live in a world were there is a global pandemic or a world were cyber attacks occur?

And I guess now the next big bad guy is... uh do I have to put it in a spoiler tag?

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
And we didn't get any snowstorms this time. Also I don't know if I want to live in a world were there is a global pandemic or a world were cyber attacks occur?

And I guess now the next big bad guy is... uh do I have to put it in a spoiler tag?

What?! A new Leomon evolution?! It looks so cool! Though that might just be my liking for lions and robots coming together and exploding but still. I like it.

Those cards look cool too. Especially the Dracomon and Coredramon (can't tell if it's Green or Blue) ones. Though it seems to be hinting that Gomamon's Mega is gonna be Plesiomon or something? I don't know what to think of that if it's true since Plesiomon seems meh design-wise compared to Vikemon but at least they're showing other Digimon not seen a lot. And I do like prehistoric reptiles.

lolipiece

Staff member
I'm sure people aren't really here for game stuff, so no need to spoil that.

It's best to only do that for the really heavy plot details, like you-know-who's appearance last week.

Wow, Coredramon? The Dracmon evos barely show up in the anime. And the relatively obscure Soundbirdmon. Nice to see a Xros Wars Digimon here.

I like how we're not just sticking to Digimon that were familiar back in the day.

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
Ah, okay. Thanks. Though it's a bit of a shame the Digimon games aren't discussed a lot but it makes sense since a lot of them are obscure amd not a lot stands out about them besides being, well, Digimon games. Most of them from what I can tell anyway.

But yeah, it's cool to see these other Digimon not normally seen i'm guessing it's a typo but if it isn't a typo dracmon's the english name of dracumon, the one that can digivolve into matadormon/partner of one of the tamers in xros wars the boy who leapt through time. Though I'm wondering why'd they pick Coredramon (Blue) when it digivolves into Slayerdramon, another knight dragon Digimon, when they have Coredramon (Green) that digivolves into Breakdramon, a mechanical dragon Digimon that is already an "evil" Digimon as its sole purpose is to destroy things. Or maybe that is the point? You know, just 'cause it's a Vaccine/Virus Digimon doesn't mean it's good/evil?

Also someone mentioned in the thread featuring HeavyLeomon about NoblePumpmon and I looked up to find that Pumpkinmon has a new evolution from Digimon ReArise: NoblePumpkinmon. Can I say it looks so stylish? It's wearing a white suit and a blue scarf(?) and everything. I'm happy a more obscure/"plain" Digimon is getting a new evolution too and that I like its design.

lolipiece

Staff member
This shouldn't come as a surprise, but Toei just announced we're going on a hiatus because of the pandemic.

The return date will be announced at a later time.

Cuddy

Cyndaquil Master
Ah, okay. Thanks. Though it's a bit of a shame the Digimon games aren't discussed a lot but it makes sense since a lot of them are obscure amd not a lot stands out about them besides being, well, Digimon games. Most of them from what I can tell anyway.

But yeah, it's cool to see these other Digimon not normally seen i'm guessing it's a typo but if it isn't a typo dracmon's the english name of dracumon, the one that can digivolve into matadormon/partner of one of the tamers in xros wars the boy who leapt through time. Though I'm wondering why'd they pick Coredramon (Blue) when it digivolves into Slayerdramon, another knight dragon Digimon, when they have Coredramon (Green) that digivolves into Breakdramon, a mechanical dragon Digimon that is already an "evil" Digimon as its sole purpose is to destroy things. Or maybe that is the point? You know, just 'cause it's a Vaccine/Virus Digimon doesn't mean it's good/evil?

Also someone mentioned in the thread featuring HeavyLeomon about NoblePumpmon and I looked up to find that Pumpkinmon has a new evolution from Digimon ReArise: NoblePumpkinmon. Can I say it looks so stylish? It's wearing a white suit and a blue scarf(?) and everything. I'm happy a more obscure/"plain" Digimon is getting a new evolution too and that I like its design.
The thing is that any Digimon can be good/evil. Look at the original Digimon Adventure. Metal Seadramon, Deramon and Floramon are all Data types. All three started out as evil, and Metal Seadramon was destroyed by WarGreymon's claws. Deramon and Floramon was both henchmen for Puppetmon, but change to good. Orgemon started out evil, but after the Leomon battle, he became a good Digimon as a virus type.

The other seasons are the same. Virus is not all evil, and Vaccine is not always friendly. Guilmon is a virus Digimon, and he is a good Digimon. And yet, Vikaralamon is a vaccine type, but because she was a Deva, she was evil.

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
Yeah, took a while to realize that is the point. Which is ironic for me since I like the whole "dark is not evil" trope.

It'll be very interesting to see a villainous Slayerdramon. Or to see a Slayerdramon at all, but probably not. A girl can dream though.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Metal Seadramon, Deramon and Floramon are all Data types. All three started out as evil, and Metal Seadramon was destroyed by WarGreymon's claws. Deramon and Floramon was both henchmen for Puppetmon, but change to good.

Data Digimon are meant to be neutral and can go either way. Mainly, though, Data Digimon just want to be left alone and will do whatever it takes to make themselves happy. Wizardmon is a Data Digimon, for instance, but although he joined Myotismon's army out of loyalty to Gatomon (a Vaccine Digimon) and help her find her destiny, he still made it clear he's not exactly a good guy by agreeing with Tai that he shouldn't be trusted right off the bat. He may have helped to save the day, but he didn't do it with the fate of the world in mind.

Orgemon started out evil, but after the Leomon battle, he became a good Digimon as a virus type.

Nah, he's still an asshole who still wants to fight Leomon and be himself. He's just become an ally of the DigiDestined now, but he was aware he was "too different" to really join in the celebrations at the end. I don't think it helps that we haven't really seen him since to see how he changed (who the hell knows what was up with Tri, he just gets pulled back into the Digital World and we never see him again), although there's a brief cameo in the 02 epilogue where Joe is treating him, probably more as an example for students than an actual injury.

The other seasons are the same. Virus is not all evil, and Vaccine is not always friendly. Guilmon is a virus Digimon, and he is a good Digimon. And yet, Vikaralamon is a vaccine type, but because she was a Deva, she was evil.

Pretty much, although each season had their own set of rules. Guilmon is only a good Digimon because Takato raised him, but he still has a Virus Digivolution tree all the way to Mega even when Takato had murderous thoughts. He was just more berserk at that stage. What makes the Guilmon stage a Virus is because of his powers, he's a Digital Hazard Digimon that has the potential of messing with computer data when out-of-control. They otherwise can live peacefully, but they have to be handled differently than other Digimon or otherwise need to be left alone.

As for Vikaralamon, she was following orders as a Deva. They weren't necessarily evil as a result, they just had to do what their respected Sovereigns told them to do. Royal Knights are the same way regardless of their attribute.

EDIT: Oh, I almost forgot to mention for Wizardmon that the skulls that would show up on various Digimon designs are meant to act as a visual the Digimon are tricksters at their core regardless of attribute. That's why a Data Digimon has this villainous-look to him even though his actions were more anti-hero in nature.

Last edited:

Cuddy

Cyndaquil Master
Data Digimon are meant to be neutral and can go either way. Mainly, though, Data Digimon just want to be left alone and will do whatever it takes to make themselves happy. Wizardmon is a Data Digimon, for instance, but although he joined Myotismon's army out of loyalty to Gatomon (a Vaccine Digimon) and help her find her destiny, he still made it clear he's not exactly a good guy by agreeing with Tai that he shouldn't be trusted right off the bat. He may have helped to save the day, but he didn't do it with the fate of the world in mind.
I know, but some of them are not neutral. Look at one of my favorite Digimon, Dorumon. In the movie, he had to fight to survive. Dorumon might be a bad choice, that he digivolves into all three types. On the Saver's verse, Lalamon is a data type. She does not really have a virus type. Really neither does Palmon. I do not see a Lillymon or Rosemon going evil.

The most evil Renamon evolutions have is Youkomon. It is the silver Kyubimon. Even if it does evolve into Youkomon, it remains a data type.

BCVM22

Various footage from (eventual) future episodes in this brief summary of episodes 1-3.

Interspersed among the footage:

• Whamon
  • A shadowed grouping of the various high level angel Digimon (Seraphimon, Cherubimon, Ophanimon, and several more)
  • A large, white, feathered, many-winged bird-serpent Digimon with horns whom I don't recognize but I'm sure has played a significant role in some other iteration

lolipiece

Staff member
  • Whamon
  • A shadowed grouping of the various high level angel Digimon (Seraphimon, Cherubimon, Ophanimon, and several more)
  • A large, white, feathered, many-winged bird-serpent Digimon with horns whom I don't recognize but I'm sure has played a significant role in some other iteration

The bird is Valdurmon. Don't think it's ever played a role in anything.

Now for my comments.

Assuming this the Whamon, I guess I shouldn't be surprised old faces are coming back. Also, didn't he die in the original? Let's hope for his (and a certain cat's) sake it doesn't make a return here.

ClavisAngemon? Ghoulmon? Thank the heavens they're including new Digimon that haven't never had a major animated role before instead of rehashing the same ones over and over again.

Also, who was the angel Digimon? The very bottom one under Cherubimon, Ophanimon, and Seraphimon?

Valdurmon has a feather. Could it be the source of TK and Kari's magic angel powers?

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
Also, who was the angel Digimon? The very bottom one under Cherubimon, Ophanimon, and Seraphimon?

My first guesses were Darcmon, Chaosmon: Valdur Arm, and Lucemon but consider its shape, I don't think it's any of then are right, though Chaosmon: Valdur Arm would be cool to see, since it seems like a Valdurmon is going to make an appearance. I'd have to look through more to be sure if it's not just a new Digimon they're introducing or it's just the camera angles/silhouetting of the Digimon that's messing up my guess.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
Interesting, it seems like there may be a heavy Angel/Demon war in the backstory now, which is interesting since while they've dabbled in it with the original (Angemon vs. Devimon) it was never a major theme. On top of that, if you look closely at the ruins you can see the Three Great Angels' statues present, which may mean that they in particular will have a major influence.