• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Digimon discussion - Digimon Ghost Game now available on Crunchyroll

Kataphrut

I stuck with it dubbed, personally, probably because the voice cast was really good despite the script--a couple of stinkers, but that's to be expected. I loved Derek Stephen Prince as Impmon, but Steve Blum as Guilmon is a gift from God. (I swear I saw a post on Tumblr that someone had sent him a question through Facebook about how he got the part of Guilmon, and apparently he did the voice as a joke someplace whether in the booth, control room, wherever. I might be thinking of a different voice actor, however.)

There's a really touching story about the Guilmon voice, which he told on the Rob Paulsen podcast. It was about meeting a guy at a convention whose son was a non-verbal autistic, who learned to open up thanks in part to that voice. Up to about the age of eight, all he would really do was sit rocking in the corner, but he started watching Digimon and ended up really connecting with Guilmon. It led to him being able to communicate for the first time in his life, and eventually became fully functional as a result. Heartwarming stuff.

On the subject of the tri teaser, I'm glad to see Ogremon and Leomon might be returning (got to keep the body count up after all). I'm assuming that is Ken at the end there, which would make tri feel more like a direct sequel to 02 rather than a Force Awakens-esque harken back to the glory days that we've been getting so far. There's no way they wouldn't have a return of the Digimon Emperor without making it a big focus. Also, I actually like Ken and Davis, so giving them a bigger focus is fine by me. On that note, i also really like Joe so glad he's getting some focus. Still holding out for a dub, but I already caved and watched the fights from episode 1, so I'm thoroughly hyped.

Akashin

The hair is blue. I think the spikier hair it just a stylistic choice

I noticed the blue hair, but I couldn't tell if that was actually its color or if it was in part because the screen is in the middle of dimming in that screencap. Ken stylizing his hair to resemble Taichi doesn't really make sense, though.

uber gon

Accept Change
Anybody else here mad that MetalKabuterimon wasn't this super powerful form? I mean, it's a beetle that was made like a tank. Dude looked like it could single-handedly kill everything or something. Also, I kind of hope Vikemon owns everybody.

uber gon

Accept Change
Agumon got a second power boost after giving up the energy to imerialdramon but nothing explains how Gabumon digivolved lol

Friendship is Data? Or whatever powers digivolving.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
so........what's up with that ending with Patamon and what I assume is Takeru?

It's Toei ripping our hearts out to stomp it into the ground. That's what's up. And we have to wait until summer, so they're just letting it sink in until then.

Also, looks like Rosemon is fighting in.....some sort of digital area?

Remember the first PV for the first movie where Omegamon and Alphamon clashed in some kind of indigo digital space, and the opening sequence of the four parts when the Digimon were showing off their attacks during the Kuwagamon battle? I think the digital area is just to fill in blank space or at least to hide what the setting of the fight is. Unless they decide to show more of the digital space that we saw for a brief scene in the first movie, that's what I think it is.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
It'll be out in two months.

The Patamon and T.K. moment at the end of the PV is for the third part ,"Confession", not "Determination". But probably in two months when "Determination" is released, they may have a preview poster like the first part did, but nothing more than that for at least another month.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I've seen the first two episodes of Digimon tri and I like what I've seen. The animation will take me some getting used to since it's different from the 1st series' animation, but I like seeing Taichi and the others as older kids. ^^

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Just a friendly reminder: Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth is out TOMORROW! For PS Vita and PS4

If you signed the petition to have this localized, please put your money where your mouth is and buy it. If you like Digimon, and want future Digimon games to be localized (Digimon World Next Order is coming out to Vita in Japan next month), please buy it. Or if you just like JRPGs in general, please buy it.

If you don't own a Vita or PS4, borrow one friend's or someone you know and buy the game. If you don't like the gameplay, and want one like in Re:Digitized on PSP and 3DS, you're in luck because Next Order will have that same gameplay, but localization will only happen for that if Bandai Namco is happy with Cyber Sleuth's sales, so please buy it. If you can't afford it, then just spread the word to people you know will be interested.

NeoDude-5000

Just a friendly reminder: Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth is out TOMORROW! For PS Vita and PS4

If you signed the petition to have this localized, please put your money where your mouth is and buy it. If you like Digimon, and want future Digimon games to be localized (Digimon World Next Order is coming out to Vita in Japan next month), please buy it. Or if you just like JRPGs in general, please buy it.

If you don't own a Vita or PS4, borrow one friend's or someone you know and buy the game. If you don't like the gameplay, and want one like in Re:Digitized on PSP and 3DS, you're in luck because Next Order will have that same gameplay, but localization will only happen for that if Bandai Namco is happy with Cyber Sleuth's sales, so please buy it. If you can't afford it, then just spread the word to people you know will be interested.

We get it in the UK on Friday. Tell your friends "Remember Digimon? Well there's a new game of it coming out this Friday on PS4 go get it if want to take a trip back down memory lane".

Hopefully this won't be only localised game, fingers crossed for Next Order beyond. (I wonder if Bandai Namco will port it onto PS4 internationally)

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
We get it in the UK on Friday. Tell your friends "Remember Digimon? Well there's a new game of it coming out this Friday on PS4 go get it if want to take a trip back down memory lane".

Hopefully this won't be only localised game, fingers crossed for Next Order beyond. (I wonder if Bandai Namco will port it onto PS4 internationally)
A lot of Vita games nowadays are PS4/V multiplats, and the ones that don't have a PS4 version almost always gets a PS4 port for the west, so yeah if Next Order gets localized, chances of a PS4 version are high.

To the guy who was complaining about Bamco "trolling" 3DS owners, tell your friends about this game! Next Order plays like ReDigitized/Decoded, so they'll maybe buy CS and hopefully get NO localized.

Kataphrut

I did get Cyber Sleuth yesterday, so far it's looking to be exactly what I wanted, ie. an old fashioned turn based RPG with Digimon. So far I'm liking it, apart from the party limit which has me chafing. I've been obsessively hatching and evolving Digimon, but it's left me with a huge stable of In-Trainings and Rookies, plus one useable Champion, my starter Guardromon. My farm is already full and I keep rotating out In-Trainings to fill the party with Guardromon there as a buffer. That actually got me into trouble at the end of chapter 2 boss fight against a Vegiemon, which I stumbled into with only Guardromon and two In-Trainings in the party, and a realisation that I hadn't saved in half an hour. The first In-Training (a Tsunomon) went down instantly, while the second (Wyanmon I think it's called; the blue cat thing) was mainly pulling item duty until Vegiemon turned his wrathful gaze on him as well. Then it was just a DPS race between me and Vegiemon; I had higher defence and a fire type advantage, he had speed and poison attacks. It came down to the wire, but I took it.

So yeah, that was fun. Other than that, fights have been pretty easy so far, so I'd recommend people who aren't idiots like I am should probably play on hard. Also, story and characterisation is a bit thin (and possibly sexist) early on, but I suspect that will improve.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Apparently an English dialogue in Cyber Sleuth made a reference towards Pokemon AND Yokai Watch.

That's interesting xD

BJack

Zura
I don't like the dramatic tone of the trailer for Ketsui. I wish Tri was more light hearted.

To be honest, I'm only interested in Huckmon, Meiko and Ken. I don't care about Patamon dying either.

Kataphrut

I don't like the dramatic tone of the trailer for Ketsui. I wish Tri was more light hearted.

To be honest, I'm only interested in Huckmon, Meiko and Ken. I don't care about Patamon dying either.

I disagree. I really like the dramatic take on tri, but then I was always a Tamers fan, so perhaps I'm biased. It looks like there's going to be some fluffy moments as well, hence all the dressing up in the trailer. Interested to see what's up with Ken, but I'm more excited about the prospect of Joe being a hero, which is what it looks like will happen.

It's beating XCOM 2? That's impressive. Though I guess the majority of those would be sold on Steam.

Had my first boss fight against a Mega and 2 Ultimates yesterday. I had 1 Ultimate, 2 Champions and 2 Rookies. Miraculously I won, thanks to a combination of good typing, lousy AI and the Rookies having plot armour. In the end, only my Ultimate actually went down.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
'Kaaaay so just saw the trailer and the first six minutes. The Digi-feels are real.

First off, right off the bat, some messed up shit is going on. Ogremon's clearly under the control of something (or under the control of Digimon Emperor Ken/Davis/Evil Tai Doppelgänger who's under the control of someone else most likely) because he's smashing up eggs in the Primary Village, and good Lord. I remember Ogremon made a bit of a ruckus in Primary Village in the past, but if I remember correctly, he made no attempts to try and kill babies--there was that Poyomon in his hands that one time, but who's to say what he was going to do with it before Tai showed up. Even so, I know Ogremon says he's evil and all, but smashing up eggs isn't something he would do, not willingly. (He's gotta have some standards.)

I have a feeling that if Leomon doesn't die in this movie, he's getting infected based on how that cut looked, like man. That's the closest we're getting to blood in Digimon unless they decide to go all the way sometime down the road.

Glad we'll be seeing more of Meiko and Meikuumon, hopefully this'll give more character development.

Mimi is still the queen, showing up all energetic at Tai and Kari's place to pick them up. Her dress is a nice callback to her Adventure clothes, I love it.

Kari and her sundresses, yessssss, this makes me happy inside.

T.K. and his shower cap hat whatever that is like what are you wearing boy. XD

Personal happy moment: Gatomon's still being carried around in bags (although she had to share it with Agumon lol how is Tai not complaining about the weight). That just makes me happy.

In the trailer Lilymon is so freaking pretty just look at her.
[img139]https://49.media.tumblr.com/2fca0f7686fbb35f5a0a2e03d6dfe46c/tumblr_o2egraxZsF1u2vo2go1_500.gif[/img139]

And Mimi is getting pissed, like she's going to have a smackdown with someone or something. Mimi getting angry shouldn't be a good thing, but I'm just getting flashbacks to some of her most awesome moments in the first season.

Also Joooooooooeeeeeee do your thing and get Gomamon to Vikemon, which the sequence in the trailer looks great by the way. It's his time to shine.

I can hardly wait for March, like nnnngh. I'm satisfied until then, but I'm just so antsy over here. I'm ready for the drama.

Red and Blue

Liked the first six minutes. Really don't understand why some dislike Meiko. And wow, what was up with Ogremon. Didn't think he was evil to the point were he would smash digi eggs