• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Digimon discussion - Digimon Ghost Game now available on Crunchyroll

Red and Blue

So is Leomon going to come back to life in the digital world or is he dead for good?

He died in the real world so look forward to ghost Leomon in the next movie

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
So is Leomon going to come back to life in the digital world or is he dead for good?
He died in the real world so look forward to ghost Leomon in the next movie

I have some thoughts on this:

I remember in Adventure during the Myotismon arc that Digimon that die/are deleted in the real world burst into data particles like they would've in the Digital World (I think this still happened during the World Tour arc). My feeling is because the human world is so connected with technology, especially computers, they could probably find their way back connecting to a power line or connector and find their way into the Internet and thus the Digital World eventually (because if Our War Game's anything to go by, they can connect to the Internet, which suggests there's a way in-and-out through there). Pumpkinmon, Gotsumon, and Wizardmon are more well-known for this compared to the other minions of Myotismon, but what I don't think a lot of viewers have noticed is unlike with the others, Wizardmon's body didn't vanish or break up into data immediately at death. His ghost in episode 17 of Zero Two? I'm pretty certain that was his actual ghost--considering we've yet to see other Digimon ghosts not Bakemon/Phantomon, his was rather unique because it's possible he's not a Digimon, at least not fully, because he's native to Witchelny. So he may never come back to life, or at least not in the same way the others can--who knows how Witchelny's sense of mortality works. Myotismon, after he was defeated as VenomMyotismon, was just a stream of data-esque fog... thing. He didn't take a physical shape like Wizardmon did (but it was probably easier that way for him to possess Oikawa), and when he was defeated as MaloMyotismon, they had to literally destroy his soul/core--in the Digital World, of course, but they made sure to get rid of him for good.

When Leomon was shredded at the end of Ketsui, notice he didn't burst into data, he was just pulled apart. It could just be a change in the style, and thus a change in how a Digimon will die, but if the smashed DigiEggs and the Kuwagamon are anything to go by, they probably still burst into data upon death. For all we know, Meicoomon may have an ability to prevent Digimon rebirth because even though there was a rift open right behind Leomon, there was nothing to show that his data went back through there unlike with the Kuwagamon in "Saikai". Whether-or-not Leomon has a ghost is still up for speculation, but I don't believe he has one, or at least not as physical as Wizardmon's. We're already speculating Patamon's probably going to die in the next part, but how and where (and by whom) is what we should take into consideration on how it is Patamon's going to be reborn. If he dies in the real world, yet still manages to come back, then how does that work, and why? And can Leomon, Pumpkinmon, Gotsumon, DemiDevimon, Myotismon's henchmen, and presumably Wizardmon come back to life?

We may never get this answer, which is fine, but when it comes to Leomon, not knowing whether-or-not he'll get reborn is bit of a dick move, especially since his return in Tri signifies that those who died during the Dark Master arc will indeed have returned at some point. In any case, Meicoomon's abilities are still unknown, and we don't really know what's going on with her, so it could be anything she touches may become too infected/corrupted for rebirth. (And considering Leomon had already been infected by Ogremon, there could've been some side-effects from contact compared to just being struck out-of-the-blue by some unknown force.)

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Was anyone really surprised that would happen to Leomon? It's been that way since the series existed.

Afrodisiac

break up w yo gf, im bored
Was anyone really surprised that would happen to Leomon? It's been that way since the series existed.

No, but it's surprising to see Leomon dying in the human world, cause it will never come back, much like Wizarmon.

I hope they handle HerakleKabuterimon well next time, its design is very complex and the animation quality is very inconsistent atm.

Last edited:

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
We don't know if "Confession" means "love confession"--I personally doubt it, so I'm not going to expect it any time soon. I think Mimi (and perhaps everyone else) knows he likes her, though she may-or-may-not let him down easy if she feels they're nothing more than friends.

Red and Blue

We don't know if "Confession" means "love confession"--I personally doubt it, so I'm not going to expect it any time soon. I think Mimi (and perhaps everyone else) knows he likes her, though she may-or-may-not let him down easy if she feels they're nothing more than friends.

Well Izumi is one of the stars of the next movie and his conflict may involve his feelings for Mimi since its been recurring in the past two films. So I'd say a chance of a confession is pretty likely. Plus the title Confession could refer to multiple confessions including a romantic one

NeoDude-5000

I think it could be more like Izzy opening up to others and not just admitting he has feelings for Mimi. After all if you watched the film remember that prophecy (couldn't remember how it goes) it's about overcoming something and that's what allowed Mega, and in way Super Digivolution, to trigger for Gomamon and Palmon. And that's what will allow Tentomon to become HerculesKabuterimon.

Speaking of which is Warp Digivolution now effectively scrapped?

Last edited:

diakyu

Of course even though Kari isn't the focus of episode 3 doesn't mean "Confession" can't potentially be tied to TK and Kari but the obvious choice is Izzy with Mimi. And I'm still racking my brain when it comes to TK, what darkness could he possibly harbor? It could be in relation to Patamon based on the teaser but they have one of the best partnerships I feel out of all of them. No fault really comes to mind.

Red and Blue

Would be funny if Mimi accepting Izumi's confession caused Tentamon to digivolve all the way to HerculesKabuterimon

Of course even though Kari isn't the focus of episode 3 doesn't mean "Confession" can't potentially be tied to TK and Kari but the obvious choice is Izzy with Mimi. And I'm still racking my brain when it comes to TK, what darkness could he possibly harbor? It could be in relation to Patamon based on the teaser but they have one of the best partnerships I feel out of all of them. No fault really comes to mind.

Possibly something tied to Devimon?

diakyu

Another thing people forget is the bath house scene with Meicoomon. What the heck was happening there? It was a very strange scene.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Another thing people forget is the bath house scene with Meicoomon. What the heck was happening there? It was a very strange scene.

Yeah, was wondering that, too, and I just saw it again this morning. My guess is Meicoomon doesn't like being alone? She wandered off because she heard festival music, but was there something specific about it that was making her start to have a freak-out? Not sure what the point of it was.

Afrodisiac

break up w yo gf, im bored
I wonder if Meiko will receive a a crest like the other guys; We know of 9 so far, Taichi's Courage, Yamato's Friendship, Sora's Love, Koushiro's Knowledge, Mimi's Purity, Jou's Sincerity, Takeru's Hope and Hikari's Hope, plus Ken's Kindness. There's also 2 more crests; Miracles and Destiny, but those are only featured in merch and Bandai stuff, although the crest of Destiny can be seen on Sleipmon's body.

I really want her to be just like the others, but seems like Meicoomon is a special case and her digivice seems to work diferently.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
I wonder if Meiko will receive a a crest like the other guys; We know of 9 so far, Taichi's Courage, Yamato's Friendship, Sora's Love, Koushiro's Knowledge, Mimi's Purity, Jou's Sincerity, Takeru's Hope and Hikari's Hope, plus Ken's Kindness. There's also 2 more crests; Miracles and Destiny, but those are only featured in merch and Bandai stuff, although the crest of Destiny can be seen on Sleipmon's body.

Miracle and Destiny are featured on Magnamon and the gold Rapidmon as well.

Anyway, about "Ketsui"

What the hell they were thinking with the bath scene lol. Did they really imply Mimi like seeing naked girls xD

Leomon when he's in his disguise is hilarious as hell :p

The fight is good, but yeah, Imperialdramon looks WAY weaker than it is supposed to be. In fact, I think NONE of its Positron Cannon or Mega Death actually successfully launched. All of them got easily stopped.

Also, Rosemon and Vikemon suddenly already revert back to their In-Training form just seconds after Kaiser Ken descended, is a bit weird. And how did Leomon manage to open up another distortion?

Next part will feature HerculesKabuterimon, so Koushiro will find out what does "going beyond the darkness" meant, though for us viewers, it's already obvious xD

The fight is good, but yeah, Imperialdramon looks WAY weaker than it is supposed to be. In fact, I think NONE of its Positron Cannon or Mega Death actually successfully launched. All of them got easily stopped.

Imperialdramon has never faced more than one Mega digimon at a time...and the vast majority of his fights (especially the early ones) were against uber-Ultimates (Triceramon and Skull Satamon and a herd of Mammothmon). The only Mega digimon he fights are (and for some of these 'fights' is a strong word) BlackWarGreymon, Daemon and MaloMyotismon (and if we include the last Adventure movie Amagaddemon[sp])....of those three only two of them he actually destroys; MaloMyotismon (and only after getting a global power boost of his Fighter Mode, essentially unlocking Giga Death) and Armagaddemon (which is after getting ANOTHER MODE CHANGE by absorbing Omnimon's body). BlackWarGreymon spent that whole episode fighting the actual WarGreymon. Imperialdramon (giving a parting shot after showing up at the end of the episode) and WarGreymon together didn't finish him off. And Daemon...was wholly unaffected by Imperialdramon Fighter mode (even at point blank range) but had to be pushed into the Dark Ocean by a lot of angst, willpower and collective effort. Admittedly, Leomon Togemon and Gomamon should've never survived the initial barrages (thankfully they did try to nearly kill Gomamon...to make it seem believable)....but I could totally see two Megas being able to effectively dismantle Imperialdramon Fighter Mode...

Also, Rosemon and Vikemon suddenly already revert back to their In-Training form just seconds after Kaiser Ken descended, is a bit weird. And how did Leomon manage to open up another distortion?

Admittedly in the original series initially when the kids got to Ultimate (Perfect) or Mega (Ultimate) the digimon would, after the threat was over, revert all the way back to In-Training. Hell, the defeat of Machinedramon during the Dark Masters arc was essentially Agumon quickly going to WarGreymon, doing a samurai slice of Machinedramon and then instantaneously reverting to Koromon. So that wasn't so much an issue for me.

This distortion stuff is just I feel plot device. They don't seem to have any rules other than they follow the kids around. The only thing I can think of is that the distortions are easily manipulated from the Digital World side of things than they are from the Real World side of things.

My biggest issue, and increasingly seems like the issue with the rest of fandom is what the hell is up with the 02 kids.

Not only do TK And Hikari fail to respond appropriately to the Kaiser...IE there should be a whole lot more "What the hell!? Why is Ken the Kaiser again he's one our closest friends and allies?"

But then there's the whole 'we haven't seen the others in like...forever'. They went to school presumably are still in school together! They had intimate relationships with them. I could definitely see the older 01 kids not being super in the loop vis-a-vis the 02 kids but TK and Hikari should at least have said something like 'I've been trying to get a hold of -fill in the blank-'. The 02 kids adventuring in the Digital World (if this is the theory we're working with as to explaining TK and Kari's nonplussedness) should have also attracted the attention of TK and Hikari at the very least considering that Miyako nor Iori could get to their Ultimate level without TK and Hikari (even if TK and Hikari could get to theirs on their own).

If some of this isn't worked upon in the next movie...it's really going to cut into my enjoyment of tri.

Red and Blue

so is Impalidramon dead? If so that was pretty messed up. Wormon and Veemon were their friends even if they were infected