• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Digimon discussion - Digimon Ghost Game now available on Crunchyroll

NeoDude-5000

New teaser trailer for Digimon Survive is here. Just lighten the mood from the Toei hack. Also I didn't know this but the game is also on Xbox Series X, but no PS5 port?

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Ghost Game returns on the 17th with a new ending.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Yes! I was starting to get bored with my Sunday's. I need some Digimon on a Sunday. And also happy 20th birthday Frontier.
I had some other shows to keep me busy but, man, did I missed Gammamon.

Even managed to get mine (from the digivice V) to evolve into BetelGammamon lol

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Survive's lost me the moment I saw the starter was Agumon again.

I'm more curious about that planned Digimon World game they mentioned. Hopefully we'll be able to start with either a new digimon or something that isn't from Adventure, related to it (V-mon and co) or the overrated standalones (Dorumon and Huckmon/Hackmon/whatever)

Taodragon

Training Anaylst

I'm more curious about that planned Digimon World game they mentioned. Hopefully we'll be able to start with either a new digimon or something that isn't from Adventure, related to it (V-mon and co) or the overrated standalones (Dorumon and Huckmon/Hackmon/whatever)

To be fair, you can use other Digimon then Agumon, so if you want you can just sideline him for other options if you don't care for him.

As for the second point, I doubt it'd be a new Digimon as all of the new standalone games have used pre-existing ones as the starters since at least LE (SXW was the closest, but that was basically an anime tie-in). With the pre-existing ones though, they're usually good about giving different options in the Story and World games so I don't think the new one will be any different, and even if not you can get other options very early so at worst you can sideline them after a few minutes.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
My issue is that Agumon could still be featured on cutscenes or something like that*. That's what bothers me. I really want something out of Adventure and co-related to it. There's also psychologic factors involved as I'm deadset that even if I'm going to sideline Agumon, getting the game would still be supporting a practice I despise. Thus, I prefer simply not bother with it.

Also, I don't mind the new Story/World not giving new digis but if I can, at least, choose a starter other than something from freaking Adventure**, I'll be content

*And I have my quota for that with Pokémon Masters. Let the PC show off Torchic for a change!
**Just for clarity, I'd make an exception if the starter was Meicoomon but then, Bandai did the stupid decision of making her an adult/champion. I have no idea why they pulled something so nonsensical. Some say "paralels with Tailmon for the cursed jogress from tri movie 5" but that still doesn't sit well with me. It's plain... Dumb.

togepikindness

SILVER IS THE BEST POKEDEX HOLDER
Digimon has a better anime than Pokemon but Pokemon has a better game than them. I'm unsure about the manga tho

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I'm unsure about the manga tho
Pokémon has a crap-ton of manga compared to Digimon, most of which are considered manhua, and they're abridged takes on the anime. Xros Wars manga is better than the anime, though I may have a bias toward it because Wizardmon.

The Mega Champion

DIGIMON SURVIVE AND XENOBLADE CHRONICLES 3 HAS THE SAME RELEASE DATE

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

help

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Pokémon has a crap-ton of manga compared to Digimon, most of which are considered manhua, and they're abridged takes on the anime. Xros Wars manga is better than the anime, though I may have a bias toward it because Wizardmon.
Well, speaking of manga from Japan, besides of Xros Wars, Appmon also got a manga adapting the anime (although very rushed: only two volumes). There was supposed to be a side series called "Appmon Gakuen" but that only lasted 1-2 chapters and wasn't even compiled.

Besides that, there's V-Tamer which lasted quite a while. That's where Tai come from, by the way lol

Also, there was Digimon Next which was, in a way, a Digimon Savers/Data Squad with a more traditional cast (aka MC Tsurugi was a google boy lol). I think there were a few one shots for Cyber Sleuth and a PSP game I forgot the name. Next was a quite good story and in a way, I like it more than Savers

Currently, there's Digimon Dreams who isn't really connected to Ghost Game despite some connections like Tenya Yabuno having input and making designs. For the anime, Yabuno made the human character's designs but he also did the static images from the endings and even helped animating a scene one time while on Dreamers he is doing everything: story and art. There was that one time he drew the manga's MC with the Ghost Game cast for a tweet.

All in all, there was a decent amount of japanese manga for Digimon but they are mostly short-lived with V-Tamer being the odd man out.

Also, I agree XW's manga was the superior version of the story. I'm still amazed how it improved on everything. I'm really pissed they never let the author continue a bit more as I'd love to see his take on Tagiru and Gumdramon.

NeoDude-5000

DIGIMON SURVIVE AND XENOBLADE CHRONICLES 3 HAS THE SAME RELEASE DATE

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

help
Wait for the reviews maybe?

Anyway. To those who are interested in using Guilmon here are a few details about him from the Digimon Survive website. It was in Japanese so here it is translated.
  • Passive skill of increasing fire attribute attack power
  • A versatile monster.
  • It has a long range fireball, and is easy to use. Like Agumon, it's versatile enough to handle various battles and it's resistance to each attribute is slightly high.
  • Guilmon is a 'free' monster, evolution requires evolution items that are gained via exploration and battle rewards. As a 'free' monster he will not deevolve once evolution has occured.
  • Guilmon can evolve into Growlmon, WarGrowlmon, then to Gallantmon.

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero

A untitled Digimon game they're working on is the next Digimon Story game, not Digimon World game.
They said they had no plan to make a Digimon World game for now.

Last edited:

togepikindness

SILVER IS THE BEST POKEDEX HOLDER
Well, speaking of manga from Japan, besides of Xros Wars, Appmon also got a manga adapting the anime (although very rushed: only two volumes). There was supposed to be a side series called "Appmon Gakuen" but that only lasted 1-2 chapters and wasn't even compiled.

Besides that, there's V-Tamer which lasted quite a while. That's where Tai come from, by the way lol

Also, there was Digimon Next which was, in a way, a Digimon Savers/Data Squad with a more traditional cast (aka MC Tsurugi was a google boy lol). I think there were a few one shots for Cyber Sleuth and a PSP game I forgot the name. Next was a quite good story and in a way, I like it more than Savers

Currently, there's Digimon Dreams who isn't really connected to Ghost Game despite some connections like Tenya Yabuno having input and making designs. For the anime, Yabuno made the human character's designs but he also did the static images from the endings and even helped animating a scene one time while on Dreamers he is doing everything: story and art. There was that one time he drew the manga's MC with the Ghost Game cast for a tweet.

All in all, there was a decent amount of japanese manga for Digimon but they are mostly short-lived with V-Tamer being the odd man out.

Also, I agree XW's manga was the superior version of the story. I'm still amazed how it improved on everything. I'm really pissed they never let the author continue a bit more as I'd love to see his take on Tagiru and Gumdramon.
But compared to Pokemon's manga? I see Digimon had a darker story in the anime but the manga for Pokemon was dark too.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Stories told through the Digimon anime (the official source, except Xros Wars and its sequel) are naturally darker than the cupcakes and rainbows stories the Pokemon anime has.

I can't say for sure what happens in the Digimon manga, but the Pokemon mangas are darker in this medium (though it completely goes off the rails with the established story lines) except they're not the real interpretations.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
A untitled Digimon game they're working on is the next Digimon Story game, not Digimon World game.
They said they had no plan to make a Digimon World game for now.
Thanks.

I keep mixing the both.

Story is promising as, if I recall, those tend to use aesthetics reminiscent of the anime. Just newer digis like Gammamon, Herissmon and Meicoomon will be avaliable.
But compared to Pokemon's manga?
I wasn't comparing it with Pokémon. Just pointing it out, Digimon's got a lot of mangas. At least it's more than 5 in total. Not a bad number if you ask me.