• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Digimon discussion - Digimon Ghost Game now available on Crunchyroll

NeoDude-5000

New Digimon Adventure 02: The Beginning news from Digifes. Including new character art, story details, and voice actors. A bit too much of a hassle for me to upload so here's a link to the WiththeWill page.

Link to da details: https://withthewill.net/threads/dig...-art-cast-story-details-new-characters.27910/

Also how's liking Survive so far? Looking great so far despite the heavy amount of text to go over, it is a visual-novel game partially.

New Digimon Adventure 02: The Beginning news from Digifes. Including new character art, story details, and voice actors. A bit too much of a hassle for me to upload so here's a link to the WiththeWill page.

Link to da details: https://withthewill.net/threads/dig...-art-cast-story-details-new-characters.27910/

Also how's liking Survive so far? Looking great so far despite the heavy amount of text to go over, it is a visual-novel game partially.
I'm not sure if Daisuke is literally a Digimon version of Naruto now.

lemoncatpower

Cynical optimist
I'm not sure if Daisuke is literally a Digimon version of Naruto now.
I think he is adorable!

oh wow I am really excited for this.

Side note, and its probably just me reading into it too much, but this is TK's blurb:
"Takeru- He is a sophomore in the department of literature. He enjoys spending days with everyone, guys and girls alike, but when it comes time to get to his computer, he's serious about his writing. However, when it comes time to play with Patamon, he thinks nothing of it."

Are they saying he is bisexual by pointing out he likes to spend his days with both guys and girls? it just seems like a very random way of saying he hangs out with all kinds of friends but I totally understand if its just some Japanese way of saying it. I can wish though!

NeoDude-5000

He's here at last.
Episode 38- Onmyouji (August 14)
After being told that "we're supposed to send a few of our students there every year," Hiro Amanokawa with Gammamon and their fellow classmate Kotaro Nomura go to Youoh Academy Kamakura school in Kamakura to participate in their traditional summer "Wakagimi Dance." However, the female student who is supposed to play the role of the wakagimi suddenly falls ill, and Hiro takes her place. Around this time, the Digimon Doumon, who can manipulate onmyo magic, plots to revive the spirit of the Hojo clan's young lord who had died on this land and resurrect the Japanese bakufu after 700 years. Doumon kidnaps Hiro, who is dressed as the wakagimi, and uses him as a vessel for the spirit of the young lord, while turning the townspeople into shikigami and controlling them. He then sets out to conquer and rule the rest of the land of Kamakura. Hiro's partner, Gammamon, is left at a loss all on his own when a mysterious Digimon Espimon suddenly apepars before him and helps him to rescue Hiro together.

Episode 39- Infected Remote Island (August 21)
Hiro and Gammamon have a tiny visitor: A Digimon named Gyukimon, who has the upper body of an ox, the lower body of a spider, and is 3 centimeters long. Hiro invites Gyukimon into his room, but Angoramon's expression changes when he learns of it and yells for them to get away immediately. Gyukimon is actually an extremely violent Digimon and a hated figure in the Digital World. When Gyukimon challenges you to a fight and you lose, you also get changed into a Gyukimon. Ruli Tsukiyono and Kiyoshiro Higashimitarai are frightened and wary, but the little Gyukimon appeals to Hiro for help.

Episode 40- Spiral Coast (August 28)
Gammamon accidentally breaks Hiro's tablet, but is too angry to apologize. That's when Espimon appears with his arm twisted into a strange shape. He tells them that it happened as he was napping close to a beach. At Espimon's request, Hiro and his friends head to the beach to find out the cause. However, Gammamon is still sulking. Gammamon happens to meet a girl in elementary school who is looking for "strange twists" occurring all over town and hits it off with her immediately, looking for the cause of the spirals together, when...?

Episode 41- Clown(September 4)

lemoncatpower

Cynical optimist
So has everyone seen ep 36 and 37? Both were interesting and had a lot to do with the environment so of course, good messages. But it's interesting how they're getting into the reincarnation of digimon now and resolving to turn them into digitama again but also the one before that being about how humans can't be reborn like digimon. Also loooved seeing the ultimates all in action together, such a good scene imo, and gammamon is growing up so much!

He's here at last.
Episode 38- Onmyouji (August 14)
After being told that "we're supposed to send a few of our students there every year," Hiro Amanokawa with Gammamon and their fellow classmate Kotaro Nomura go to Youoh Academy Kamakura school in Kamakura to participate in their traditional summer "Wakagimi Dance." However, the female student who is supposed to play the role of the wakagimi suddenly falls ill, and Hiro takes her place. Around this time, the Digimon Doumon, who can manipulate onmyo magic, plots to revive the spirit of the Hojo clan's young lord who had died on this land and resurrect the Japanese bakufu after 700 years. Doumon kidnaps Hiro, who is dressed as the wakagimi, and uses him as a vessel for the spirit of the young lord, while turning the townspeople into shikigami and controlling them. He then sets out to conquer and rule the rest of the land of Kamakura. Hiro's partner, Gammamon, is left at a loss all on his own when a mysterious Digimon Espimon suddenly apepars before him and helps him to rescue Hiro together.

Episode 39- Infected Remote Island (August 21)
Hiro and Gammamon have a tiny visitor: A Digimon named Gyukimon, who has the upper body of an ox, the lower body of a spider, and is 3 centimeters long. Hiro invites Gyukimon into his room, but Angoramon's expression changes when he learns of it and yells for them to get away immediately. Gyukimon is actually an extremely violent Digimon and a hated figure in the Digital World. When Gyukimon challenges you to a fight and you lose, you also get changed into a Gyukimon. Ruli Tsukiyono and Kiyoshiro Higashimitarai are frightened and wary, but the little Gyukimon appeals to Hiro for help.

Episode 40- Spiral Coast (August 28)
Gammamon accidentally breaks Hiro's tablet, but is too angry to apologize. That's when Espimon appears with his arm twisted into a strange shape. He tells them that it happened as he was napping close to a beach. At Espimon's request, Hiro and his friends head to the beach to find out the cause. However, Gammamon is still sulking. Gammamon happens to meet a girl in elementary school who is looking for "strange twists" occurring all over town and hits it off with her immediately, looking for the cause of the spirals together, when...?

Episode 41- Clown(September 4)
Oh wow these are gonna be some more creepy but awesome episodes! So excited for whatever happens with espimon! I'm curious if the young elementary school girl will be espimon's partner. Also clown has definitely gotta be either jokermon, which would be awesome, or piedmon which would be the first mega I think!

Last edited:

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

lemoncatpower

Cynical optimist
ESPIMON AND GAMMAMON ARE SO ADORABLE TOGETHER!!!!

The design had my like hmmm when I first saw espimon, but after seeing him animated, I am in love, although gammamon still outshown him in cuteness. Please please please be a secondary partner of Hiro's in the future, I'd love that. Or another new human character at least! But with Ruli and Airdramon apparently getting along super well, I'd love if airdramon was Ruli's secondary and Espimon was Hiro's secondary.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Considering the upcoming Vital Bracelet will allow for more digimon stored, I wouldn't be surprised if Espimon becomes Hiro's second digimon. I'm getting more convinced this year won't have the typical "sixth ranger" trope

And I love how the show is doubling down on Gammamon's cuteness. Danm Bandai, refusing to give us that life-size plushie

NeoDude-5000

So far Espimon is looking like a very welcoming addition to main roster. I do wonder if he will join up with Hiro, that would be a anime first a main character having 2 Digimon partners (not counting auxiliary Digimon from Fusion and Appmon).

Also I wonder what Ryudamon's role is?

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

lemoncatpower

Cynical optimist
Ah omg this latest ep with Gyukimon was fun! Creepy as per the usual, but I love how they went with this. When Gyukimon was attacking people, it looked like he was gonna paralyze everyone with those wacks at the back of the neck (assumingly where the spine meets the head), and he wacked the horny friend a few good times!

YAY for Espimon showing up again for next ep, but I'm curious on who this spiral loving digimon is going to be. Gravimon possibly? Otherwise I can't really think of anyone that would suit the spirals showing up everywhere..

edit: I found out the next ep is apparently based on a japanese horror novel called Uzumaki, which is about a town becoming obsessed with spirals due to a supernatural curse and lots of spiral based deaths for people and hair that has a mind of it's own.. but I still have no ideas.

Last edited:

lemoncatpower

Cynical optimist
Ooo the spiral episode was interesting. Did not expect that outcome for the digimon villain of the day but calamaramon made an appearance and it was a beautifully designed episode.

Next episode looks interesting.. tobucatmon, flarwizmon, and lynxmon will be cool! Also looks like mephismon, and a possible Piedmon at the end of the episode. The eye on the back of the circus matches piedmon's pants.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Gamma acted a bit spoiled today but he's so cute, it's easy to forgive.

I like what the last few episodes did for Hiro. He is coming off as very likeable. I find quite interesting how he's dealt with the Gammamon thing. He didn't scold him despite having every right to do so.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

Today's Digimon Reference Book update is Greymon (Blue) (X-Antibody).

This is not a legacy Digimon, nor is it from an upcoming product. This is an all new form introduced in Digimon Reference Book. Though I guess this means new X-Antibody stuff is coming?

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
Could be for the TCG as it's currently doing a set with the Re: Digitize characters and one of them has a BlackWarGreymon X. Since Greymon Blue didn't have an X form and they probably want a line for it they may've taken the opportunity to do one.

NeoDude-5000

Since when did Fusion Greymon get a X-Antibody form? I don't remember seeing it anywhere. Not in the TCG, anime, V-Pets, games, manga, no where.

lemoncatpower

Cynical optimist

Today's Digimon Reference Book update is Greymon (Blue) (X-Antibody).

This is not a legacy Digimon, nor is it from an upcoming product. This is an all new form introduced in Digimon Reference Book. Though I guess this means new X-Antibody stuff is coming?
I’m curious if this is a hint to what’s gonna come for ghost game, possibly it could have to do with the blackagumon