• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Digimon discussion - Digimon Ghost Game now available on Crunchyroll

Yami_Wheeler

Stay forever young.
I used to love Digimon when I was younger. Loved the dub, too. I liked how they managed to retain a somewhat dark tone to a lot of the serieses despite the bad jokes and such. Loved the voice cast too.

Never watched it in Japanese, though. Must get around to that someday.

Adlas

Well, I was quite a fan of the first 3 seasons of Digimon back in the day. The fourth was okay, didn't see the fifth one.

Also quite miffed about how a couple of Japan-only Wonderswan games were actually canon in Digimon's second and third seasons. But I'll live.

Buizelster

I'm watching Savers now. It isn't really all that different from the dub. Except that citrusmon thing... but I'm only on episode 10 so I'm still fairly early in the series.

MarvinG2

Digimon actual show is waay better than pokemon's show. I haven't played Digimon's games so I can't compare nor contrast on that.

Yami_Wheeler

Stay forever young.
Digimon actual show is waay better than pokemon's show. I haven't played Digimon's games so I can't compare nor contrast on that.
I actually love the Digimon games, barring DMW4 which was terrible. Both Pokemon and Digimon games have their own charms. It's a shame Digimon isn't as successful.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I used to have the Digimon movie, but I don't remember ever liking Digimon. Heh.

Buizelster

Okay now that I've finished watching every season and movie in Japanese my rating for them is

Adventure 01 and 02 - Solid adventure series with great characters and a good plot. Plus it's the original so it gets points for that.

Frontier - Great cast, good plot, nicely paced, and the super sentai feel along with the adventure feel made it a great series.

Savers - Hot-blooded manly action, great cast, the whole government conspiracy plot was handled better than it was in Tamers, BanchoLeomon enough said... Lets face it. It's pretty much the G-Gundam of the Digimon series, but it does have a relatively slow start so you really have to get to episode 12 before the interesting stuff starts happening. Great season though.

Tamers - It had an interesting concept and there were quite a few good characters, but this series is rather overrated in my opinion as there's just too many factors that drag it down. The majority of side characters for one who are just plain terrible, some subplots weren't as developed as they could have been and sometimes it just felt rushed. Plus compared to Lucemon, Belielvandemon, and Yggdrasil... D-reaper just plain sucked as a villain. Honestly Savers pulled off a lot of the things Tamers tried to do a lot better, but I guess that's because they had more time to improve those things between those seasons.

It would have been cool if they had done an Evolution X series instead of just a movie though... Although I'm kinda sick of the royal knights being regarded as villains who in reality are just puppets. I mean they're supposed to be holy protectors of the digital world.

kuriboh361

Bearer of Peace
I have watched every episode of Digimon and I must say, that it is rather better than pokemon. I've never played any of the games though but I've seen my pal playing it and it looks great. I didn't like the dub so much since it just sounded weird. Perhaps, I'm weird lol. But I liked it.

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
Plus compared to Lucemon, Belielvandemon, and Yggdrasil... D-reaper just plain sucked as a villain.

wait, you're comparing D-Reaper to Belial Vamdemon? I mean, it was nice to see Vamdemon make a comeback in a brand new (Super) Ultimate form, but the point stands that he was just kinda thrown in there because they didn't wanna make a human the main villain (another concept that Savers improved on), and he was outright killed by a bunch of little kids' dreams. I could understand weakening him since he's been feasting on negative emotions and all, but he should get a bit more credit than that.

It would have been cool if they had done an Evolution X series instead of just a movie though... Although I'm kinda sick of the royal knights being regarded as villains who in reality are just puppets. I mean they're supposed to be holy protectors of the digital world.

I guess the idea is that the Royal Knights are supposed to be full of themselves, under the false pretense that they're working for a just cause when they're really carrying out someone's horrible intentions. Still, you are right that they're used too much in an antagonistic context, and it's not like there aren't about a dozen other alliances in the Digimon franchise (like the four Holy Beasts, or five now that Huanglongmon's in the picture; the four great dragons; the Olympian Twelve; the Ten Ancient Warriors could probably work again outside of Frontier, 'specially since Frontier gave absolutely no focus on the originals, only putting spotlight on the Hybrid forms derived from them, etc.). Also, I find it sad that they were whoring out the Royal Knights to no end for a while, and yet during that whole time, they couldn't be arsed to make some new ones (besides Duftmon in Savers, and he didn't last long unfortunately). To this day, we're still waiting for the last couple members or so to be established (on a similar note, they established the Olympian Twelve only to reveal a couple at first, and we're still barely halfway through them.... at least with the Royal Knights, they created a group with a set number already composed of several pre-existing Digimon, making me wonder what they were hoping to accomplish with the Olympians, which would apparently end up consisting almost completely of all new Digimon. Also, are the 'evil' Hybrids ever gonna get Advanced forms?). Unfortunately, Digimon news seems to have been fairly static since Savers ended, so it seems these incomplete alliances aren't gonna be addressed any time soon, though I heard rumors about another revival attempt coming up (was this already mentioned here?).

Last edited:

Buizelster

wait, you're comparing D-Reaper to Belial Vamdemon? I mean, it was nice to see Vamdemon make a comeback in a brand new (Super) Ultimate form, but the point stands that he was just kinda thrown in there because they didn't wanna make a human the main villain (another concept that Savers improved on), and he was outright killed by a bunch of little kids' dreams. I could understand weakening him since he's been feasting on negative emotions and all, but he should get a bit more credit than that.

I just think they're better villains than D-Reaper who was all "durr hurr hurr Imma destroy both worlds because I read the mind of a mentally unstable suicidal human girl."

As for Beliel Vandemon getting beaten by dreams. I stand to reason that it only weakened him, and Imperialdramon was the real thing that defeated him. Also it's digimon. It's not the first time the power of believing in yourself saved the day.

I guess the idea is that the Royal Knights are supposed to be full of themselves, under the false pretense that they're working for a just cause when they're really carrying out someone's horrible intentions. Still, you are right that they're used too much in an antagonistic context, and it's not like there aren't about a dozen other alliances in the Digimon franchise (like the four Holy Beasts, or five now that Huanglongmon's in the picture; the four great dragons; the Olympian Twelve; the Ten Ancient Warriors could probably work again outside of Frontier, 'specially since Frontier gave absolutely no focus on the originals, only putting spotlight on the Hybrid forms derived from them, etc.). Also, I find it sad that they were whoring out the Royal Knights to no end for a while, and yet during that whole time, they couldn't be arsed to make some new ones (besides Duftmon in Savers, and he didn't last long unfortunately). To this day, we're still waiting for the last couple members or so to be established (on a similar note, they established the Olympian Twelve only to reveal a couple at first, and we're still barely halfway through them.... at least with the Royal Knights, they created a group with a set number already composed of several pre-existing Digimon, making me wonder what they were hoping to accomplish with the Olympians, which would apparently end up consisting almost completely of all new Digimon. Also, are the 'evil' Hybrids ever gonna get Advanced forms?). Unfortunately, Digimon news seems to have been fairly static since Savers ended, so it seems these incomplete alliances aren't gonna be addressed any time soon, though I heard rumors about another revival attempt coming up (was this already mentioned here?).

I'm not really even sure how many of the Olaympian 12 was revealed. I know Mercurimon was but that's it really.

As for the royal knights I do agree that it's a shame not all of them were shown. I mean we never got to see AirforceV-dramon in action and Alphamon does need some more appearances. To be honest though I'm not even sure why they were made antagonists in Frontier. Lucemon could have had other minions after all. Besides wouldn't the royal knights want to keep Lucemon sealed up? I guess in Savers it made more sense though considering they pretty much felt they had no choice. Perhaps you're right though it seems they tend to follow a very blind view of justice. It is rather interesting though how Dukemon is pretty much the noblest of the knights even in the X evolution movie as he's pretty much the one who genuinely gets a change of heart, and does the right thing. I think that's why he's my favorite of the royal knights.

I definitely would love to see the ten legendary warriors again though. Maybe even a season where all the alliances are fighting over the digital world. That would be interesting too.

TheLupineOne

I'M GETTING WHITE.
Well I'm from the UK, and I liked Digimon...

Unfortunately I lost interest at the start of Season 3, for no apparent reason... just a few-to-several episodes before the début of What People Consider To Be The Most Popular Digimon Of All Time. Yes, I'm talking Renamon here. >.<

Last edited:
i used to watch digimon years and years ago, only the first few seasons, i was obsessed when they had a marathon on!

honestly it's all pretty hazy to me now, but i always enjoyed it a lot more than i did the pokémon anime

mangaeyes

Series 3 had a very good storyline/backstory in my opinion (very well thought out for an anime aimed at kids) and it was much darker and serious than the others. I also like ho they brought the Tamers more into the fighting. It was good in my opinion.

kiogrey

RS REMAKES
I used to watch it, just the first few episodes of Adventure 01, all of the second season, Tamers and Frontier. Frontier wasn't that bad, actually it was my favourite.

I kinda left it when Savers was around.

TheLupineOne

I'M GETTING WHITE.
I watched in the era when Agumon and Garumon (and their chains) were the most popular: Adventure. Then I watched Adventure 02, Veemon and Guilmon. Who I call Guilford for a joke.

Other things I remember:
Mind over Matter
Spiral Mountain (did the dub people lay Banjo-Kazooie?)
Three new heroes, three years on.
Fusion of the two "Mons of the moment" in 01.
The start of series 3 had our character watching Adventure 02?

And then, just after I lost interest inexplicably at the start of Series 3, Renamon came along and stole their thunder. If that is her elemental power. What is it? I've not heard much of her, just seen a lot of her given her popularity. NO SPOLIERS!

BCVM22

If that is her elemental power. What is it? I've not heard much of her, just seen a lot of her given her popularity. NO SPOLIERS!

Seriously, what is this act you're doing? Tamers as a series is eight years old. How can anyone spoil an eight-year-old series? Furthermore, you're acting as if it's some sort of closely-kept secret. Why?

Go crack open Wikipedia or whatever passes for a Digimon Wiki and do some reading. What is this "OMG WHO IS RENAMON TELL ME BUT DON'T SPOIL ME!!!" business?