• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Digimon discussion - Digimon Ghost Game now available on Crunchyroll

Electivirus

Not really, no.
Yes. That's how voice acting in North America works, for the most part. There are studios in Los Angeles (Animaze), western Canada (Ocean Group in Vancouver, Blue Water Studios in Calgary), Texas (FUNimation's and formerly ADV's usual stables of actors) and New York (what was TAJ Productions and now just gets called, somewhat erroneously, "the 4Kids actors"). Just about every anime production that records in one of these areas draws their talent from the corresponding studio.

If you look at the filmographies for big name voice actors like Scott McNeil and Steven Blum and Joshua Seth and Sean Schemmel and Wendee Lee and Richard Cox and Veronica Taylor and any number of others and see what they've worked on and when, you can get a pretty good idea of who lives and works where and for whom.

Ah, that...actually explains quite a bit.

Buizelster

Digimon had a fine voice cast. Complain about the writing in the dub if you must - on only a handful of occasions were there problems with miscasting or just poor performance.

Well I agree with the voice cast, but honestly if you had thought that adding an un-needed pun or reference every five seconds made it an amazing dub... I'd really have to wonder what kind of drugs you were on when you watched it.

toge5556

Like a cosmic condom
ive watched every episode of every season!

BCVM22

Well I agree with the voice cast, but honestly if you had thought that adding an un-needed pun or reference every five seconds made it an amazing dub... I'd really have to wonder what kind of drugs you were on when you watched it.

Dubbing - the voice cast and performances - and writing are two different things.

GaZsTiC

Alternating
I love Digimon, but I don't like the new thing they have going in season 5. It's just not the same. My favourite series was Tamers and I still long that one day there will be a Tamers Zero Two...As for season 4, Frontier, I actually think that it's alright.

miGz

i <3 hayley williams
I used to LOVE digimon.
Too bad pokemon games are alot better, for ds.
The only good games imo are Digimon World 4 which gets boring after awhile & Digimon World Championship *DS*, which isn't even popular enough for online play.

Buizelster

Dubbing - the voice cast and performances - and writing are two different things.

When I look at dubbing I only look at the writing. Very rarely do I care about how the voices sound unless they're extremely bad... Like Higurashi's dub for instance.

BCVM22

I don't know why you'd look at it that way, but voice acting is as much a part of the dubbing process as the writing and should be evaluated as such.

JQ2ujrx

Burned By Passion
Digimon used to be my fav show ever...until they stopped trying Q~Q

I had started watching the whole series online, but got caught up with school and work and stuff and forgot...

BTW, what are your favorite seasons? Mine is 02 :)

Prisimviere

Not Returned.
Digimon is dead in my place after Tamers. I don't know why..
The dubbing is a so-so, because some voice actors are good while some are not.
I love Adventure and Tamers, Terriermon FTW!

Last edited:

denizenofevil

I loved Digimon! Actually, I love it even more than I love Pokemon. Digimon anime>Pokemon anime but Pokemon games>Digimon games. I hated completely hated Season 4 and 5 because I always liked Digimon for the fact that they had partners that relied solely on each other instead of like Pokemon where the trainer had 6 that stayed in the Pokeballs most of the time. It was fun seeing that interaction and seeing the Digimon digivolve into the different forms.

Last edited:

Lon

I loved Digimon! Actually, I love it even more than I love Pokemon. Digimon anime>Pokemon anime but Pokemon games>Digimon games. I hated completely hated Season 4 and 5 because I always liked Digimon for the fact that they had partners that relied solely on each other instead of like Pokemon where the trainer had 6 that stayed in the Pokeballs most of the time. It was fun seeing that interaction and seeing the Digimon digivolve into the different forms.

In that case, why do you dislike Savers? Masaru, Tohma, Yoshino, and the rest all had individual partners, but more or less worked for an organization to keep the peace. They (read: Yoshino in only a couple episodes) also had those nifty little flashing memory eraser things that was also in MiB. They did store their Digimon in the Digivices like trainers store their Pokemon in Pokeballs, but I suppose being a series that initially starts off with the kids capturing Digimon in the real world requires them to have a way to remain a bit more concealed.

Yes, that was a relatively long sentence.

That said, I enjoyed watching the Digimon series as a whole, and would watch them over Pokemon any day. I'll admit that I've never seen an episode of 'Data Squad' but I did keep up with Savers, even in its raw form though.

Electivirus

Not really, no.
I looooooooooved Tamers. Permanent death of a main character? In my Digimon? Sign me up!

Poor Jeri. You had to feel sorry for her...it's like the universe suddenly decide to play a particularly twisted game of Break the Cutie with her.

And, am I the only one who found D-Reaper!Jeri extremely creepy?

Also, I loved the digivolution scenes...they were rather unique, IMO. Especially Biomerging (or more specifically, Rika's).

Buizelster

I don't know why you'd look at it that way, but voice acting is as much a part of the dubbing process as the writing and should be evaluated as such.

Cause to me it isn't as big a deal as them keeping the series script as accurate as possible.

I mean if the voices had been the only problem in 4kids One Piece dub that might annoy me a little, but the overall changes to the story was what really made me hate it.

With Digimon I liked the voices. but that was the only thing I did like. Changing characters personalities, making stupid jokes every five seconds. That was enough to ruin the dub for me.

leilukin

Dragon Tamer
Digimon was one of the main parts of my childhood memory. I had watched the first 4 seasons. The second season was my favourite.

denizenofevil

In that case, why do you dislike Savers? Masaru, Tohma, Yoshino, and the rest all had individual partners, but more or less worked for an organization to keep the peace. They (read: Yoshino in only a couple episodes) also had those nifty little flashing memory eraser things that was also in MiB. They did store their Digimon in the Digivices like trainers store their Pokemon in Pokeballs, but I suppose being a series that initially starts off with the kids capturing Digimon in the real world requires them to have a way to remain a bit more concealed.

Yes, that was a relatively long sentence.

That said, I enjoyed watching the Digimon series as a whole, and would watch them over Pokemon any day. I'll admit that I've never seen an episode of 'Data Squad' but I did keep up with Savers, even in its raw form though.

It's strange, I know but for some reason, Savers didn't have that same Digimon feel the other seasons had and like you said, they stored their digimon in digivices.

Lon

Honestly, there really didn't seem to be any sort of 'Digimon feel'. Each entry had a few things in common sure, but there wasn't an extremely set pattern for anything. I'm pretty sure the only thing you could be sure of was that a Leomon died in some way, shape, or form. 02 didn't have one I believe, but I guess you could say since it occurred in the same universe as Adventure, the one that occurred there counts for both. Or something.