• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Digimon discussion - Digimon Ghost Game now available on Crunchyroll

ParaChomp

be your own guru
And you still don't know how to use proper grammar? I call bullcrap.

Maybe there is a reasonable explination. Yell harder, it will wake them up.

Speaking of games, I heard some of them did really good but did not sell well because they were rated teen.

Chargirl

Ultimate Fire User
Does everyone hate Digimon Frontier(season 4) then? In my opinion, it's the best & the season I saw first, but I haven't finished watching Adventure, haven't seen any of 02, couldn't care about season 5(it sounds kinda boring), but I have seen Tamers(which is my second favourite)!

Anyone else want a season 6 (another 02 of an earlier season)? Personally, I can't see why it hasn't happened already!

FeminineCuttlefish

A mollusk, not fish.
Does everyone hate Digimon Frontier(season 4) then? In my opinion, it's the best & the season I saw first, but I haven't finished watching Adventure, haven't seen any of 02, couldn't care about season 5(it sounds kinda boring), but I have seen Tamers(which is my second favourite)!

Anyone else want a season 6 (another 02 of an earlier season)? Personally, I can't see why it hasn't happened already!

I hope it has Dorumon :<

BCVM22

Does everyone hate Digimon Frontier(season 4) then?

Frontier hate stems in large part from people who feel vindicated by the quality and darker feel of Tamers and then feel as if they were somehow cheated by a return to somewhat lighter fare (without the franchise staple of partner Digimon, no less) in Frontier. Objectively, there was nothing wrong with Frontier.

Personally, I can't see why it hasn't happened already!

Then you haven't thought about it. Unlike Pokémon, Digimon does not have the support of an ongoing central medium for the most part and therefore a new Digimon series is a completely different set of kerfuffle in almost every way than is a new season of Pokémon.

The fact that there was a four-year gap between Frontier and Savers and that there's been no whispers of any new animated material since Savers tells you all you need to know at the moment.

Shinka.

Alpha Gamer

Strength & Strategy
The movies are cool and the Tamer and Frontier seasons are the best ones so far.

Buizelster

I'm pretty close to being done watching 02.

Watching it in Japanese with subs has been great. The characters just seem better without all the horrendous dub dialogue

Killer_Squirtle

Follow my lead!
third season is the best, hands down. The cards, the small and manageable cast, the awesome cast of digimon and of course IMPMON! Love that purple dude ^_^

Combusken-94

Yeah - I love Digimon - the first three seasons anyway, I never saw much of the other two. I always liked Tamers the best, but the first two were really great too. I saw a bit of the fourth season, and I felt like they kind of took away a large part of what Digimon was about. I saw a bit of season five, too, and wasn't keen on the animation - which put me off watching anymore of it.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Have the theme song stuck in head!

"Digimon, digital monsters, digital coloured champions. (keeps going on until I get hit in the face.)"

ParaChomp

be your own guru
>.<' D'oh!
I remember trying to get all the words of the theme song with my friends. Ugh, oh well.

Then they repeat that phrase over and over again yet somehow it was cool.

Personal question, did you ever experience a Pokémon-Digimon war when you were a kid, fighting over what was better?

Cobalt_Latios

I used to watch Digimon (I'll admit, despite the blatant similarities between it's "counterpart" Pokemon, I rather enjoyed it), and only stopped once they stopped airing it here in Canada... or YTV to be more specific.

I actually popped back in to check on it once I discovered it was airing on Family Channel (considering what it is, and the content, this continues to baffle me). I haven't really watched it since then, but I'll say, I do like it.

Granted, I forgot which season it was, but I was taken aback by the season where the human characters "transformed" into the respective Digimon. I still watched a few episodes of it, it was just... odd.

edit: Just remembered something; at Anime North 2009, there was a point during the Pokemon photoshoot where we were... "crashed" by the Digimon cosplayers. Funny as hell!

<C_L>

denizenofevil

>.<' D'oh!
I remember trying to get all the words of the theme song with my friends. Ugh, oh well.

Then they repeat that phrase over and over again yet somehow it was cool.

Personal question, did you ever experience a Pokémon-Digimon war when you were a kid, fighting over what was better?

I loved that song... lol... And yes, I have experienced a Pokemon-Digimon war. Back in the 4th grade, I was the biggest fan of Digimon. Originally, I had loved Pokemon more but then I changed sides. My friend on the other hand stuck with Pokemon and we would spend whole recesses arguing over which one was better. To this day, I still think Digimon is better than Pokemon in regards to the television series but the Pokemon games are better than the Digimon games. What made Digimon so much better than Pokemon, I think, was that the characters really developed and matured. Take Rika (one of my favorites) for example. She started off as a bitter, cocky, and oftentimes mean person but as the series goes on, you can tell that she's becoming nicer. Her shirt with the heart on it changes also to symbolize it. They had real issues that many of us can relate to and some of the subject matter in the shows were darker than the happy go lucky stuff in Pokemon. The Digimon had personalities unlike Pokemon (especially that Pikachu. He had some semblance of a personality towards the earlier episodes but eventually, he just become a stuffed animal who sits on Ash's shoulder and the only thing Ash says to him is, "Right Pikachu?" or "Are you okay Pikachu?") and they interacted with their partners instead of keeping them locked up in little devices.

BCVM22

I used to watch Digimon (I'll admit, despite the blatant similarities between it's "counterpart" Pokemon, I rather enjoyed it), and only stopped once they stopped airing it here in Canada... or YTV to be more specific.

Sigh.

And these "blatant similarities" are...?

To this day, I still think Digimon is better than Pokemon in regards to the television series but the Pokemon games are better than the Digimon games.

They're two completely different show concepts developed in two completely different ways from two completely different types of source material. It's not quite apples and oranges, but it's pretty close.

What made Digimon so much better than Pokemon, I think, was that the characters really developed and matured.

And that's what writers can do when they get to make up their own characters and develop them as they see fit in the context of a planned, finite narrative with a beginning and an end. None of those are the case with the Pokémon anime, which is limited by any number of factors surrounding the rest of the franchise.