• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Digimon discussion - Digimon Ghost Game now available on Crunchyroll

Lucille

I agree with 4th Kira. It didn't matter that they had other Digimon traveling with them. It didn't matter that they could become Digimon. It was just way different. I prefer the Digidestined/Tamers working with their partners to overcome obstacles.

junpearl63

their rooms
Am I the only Frontier fan in here?

Well, I think turining into Digimon is something fresh and new. The old storyline is great, but a little too predictable. Too bad most of Digimon fan hate Frontier because of it, because they thought it isn't Digimon.
The only thing that annoyed me in Frontier, that they focused too much on Takuya and Kouji, gave them 4 evolution, while the others got 2, and there is only one girl.

Buizelster

I agree with 4th Kira. It didn't matter that they had other Digimon traveling with them. It didn't matter that they could become Digimon. It was just way different. I prefer the Digidestined/Tamers working with their partners to overcome obstacles.

Well sorry if it's a bad thing that Frontier tried to be original instead of pandering to the fandom. I actually respect digimon for that.

Tee_bird

I used to really like Digimon on the first airing in the US. Watched all of Adventure, 02, and Tamers... then got a little bored in the middle of Frontier. I liked it alright, just got sidetracked with other things.

I still occasionally go back and watch the Vamdemon/Myotismon arc of Adventure (I was a bit of a Vamdemon fangirl...) and have the sudden urge to watch Tamers again.

Lucille

Well sorry if it's a bad thing that Frontier tried to be original instead of pandering to the fandom. I actually respect digimon for that.

It would have been better if they just left it. It can still be original with Plot elements and personalities. You respect Frontier for being horrible?

Buizelster

It would have been better if they just left it. It can still be original with Plot elements and personalities. You respect Frontier for being horrible?

No because my list goes

Both seasons of Adventure
Frontier
Savers
Tamers

So as you can see. I felt Frontier was great. It did a great job of parodying super sentai elements while still keeping the action and adventure that we expect from Digimon. Plus I actually did like all the characters. Takuya was a good goggleboy, Kouji and Kouiichi's relationship as well as development was very interesting. Junpei was just awesome, Izumi was also nice. Plus it was nice to see her developments with Junpei and Takuya, and Tomoki was actually less annoying than Takeru from Adventure. Which is a plus for me.

Honestly I don't see any reason Frontier has to be like the other seasons. It did just well as it was, and honestly I enjoyed the ride.

Evilchibi_pichu

Entertain me minions
Am I the only Frontier fan in here?

Well, I think turining into Digimon is something fresh and new. The old storyline is great, but a little too predictable. Too bad most of Digimon fan hate Frontier because of it, because they thought it isn't Digimon.
The only thing that annoyed me in Frontier, that they focused too much on Takuya and Kouji, gave them 4 evolution, while the others got 2, and there is only one girl.

No, I liked Frontier some too; it's not that bad once one gets passed the "changing into Digimon" aspect. And I agree with how it got annoying that they basically stopped focusing on the team as whole, but instead of the rivals. Not cool.

It's definitely better than Savers/Data-Squad.

SmartD

I used to watch this show when it was on Fox Kids. It was pretty good. I didn't get to see the second season, however.

FeminineCuttlefish

A mollusk, not fish.
Frontier tried something new but kinda failed at it :V

IMO that is.

Savers is pretty col guy, eh tries to appeal to all ages and doesn't afraid of anything. [It was still decent]

Buizelster

I loved savers. It was pretty much everything I had expected from Tamers but felt it failed at.

Plus instead of the Shinji Ikari clone Takato was. We get a guy who talks to people by punching them in the face. Badass.

Shadow_Mew

The Fire Within
Here's what I think:
Digimon Season 1- Best Season Ever, beat Pokemon actually
Digimon Season 2 - A copy of season 1 but still good
Digimon Tamers - The dark story made it more suitable for an old audience, good imo
Digimon Frontier - A bit weaker than the other seasons but the spirit evolution made it cool but kind of corny at times...
Digimon Savers - EPIC FAIL D:

FeminineCuttlefish

A mollusk, not fish.
Here's what Cuttle thinks about your post:
Digimon Season 1- Best Season Ever, beat Pokemon actually [Of course is beat Pokemon, the Pokemon anime sucks :V]
Digimon Season 2 - A copy of season 1 but still good [It involved a lot of slapping! And also Ken is so gay I love it. Best character hands down.]
Digimon Tamers - The dark story made it more suitable for an old audience, good imo [It was really fraking creepy with I liked :3]
Digimon Frontier - A bit weaker than the other seasons but the spirit evolution made it cool but kind of corny at times...[Pretty much agreeing here.
Digimon Savers - EPIC FAIL D: [NO U I thought it was cool :< I wish it had Dorumon though.]

So yeah

10charwhatdoyoumean

Evilchibi_pichu

Entertain me minions
Plus instead of the Shinji Ikari clone Takato was. We get a guy who talks to people by punching them in the face. Badass.

I agree the punching was kinda badass in the beginning. But, for the whole show? It just gets more ridiculous the more he does it and less badass the more I see it. It didn't help me like the season the more I watched it.

Buizelster

I agree the punching was kinda badass in the beginning. But, for the whole show? It just gets more ridiculous the more he does it and less badass the more I see it. It didn't help me like the season the more I watched it.

Men talk with their fists dammit! It's how they read each others hearts! :p

You don't get more manly than that. Compared to Masaru; Takato was just a pussy with anger issues.

Evilchibi_pichu

Entertain me minions
Men talk with their fists dammit! It's how they read each others hearts! :p

You don't get more manly than that. Compared to Masaru; Takato was just a pussy with anger issues.

Well, I can't disagree with that. Because that is the truth. XD All of the leaders are more manly than Takato.

Every digimon ends with a 'mon' in their names and Pokemon doesnt. I wonder why...

Who knows. But, maybe because Digimon are data so the 'mon' could be the extension that all data files have.

Buizelster

Well, I can't disagree with that. Because that is the truth. XD All of the leaders are more manly than Takato.

Tell me Masaru! The school of undefeated in the east!

XD

Actually it would have been cool if Masaru and his dad would have done something like that.

For me I like the season 1 and 3 the best.I didn't like season 2.It had cool digimon but there was way to many plot holes. I didn't mind frontier and sub savers. But I cannot stand the dub savers since so many voices are annoying.

As for the movies "Our war game" was just awesome. And I liked most of them except for "Digimon Hurricane Touchdown! Supreme Evolution! The Golden Digimentals" since that thing barely made sense subbed or dubbed.