• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Digimon discussion - Digimon Ghost Game now available on Crunchyroll

Crimsonlink

Crimson Champion
I know what you're saying, but I still don't think it was worse than Frontier.

Actually the Frontier's gang losing isn't so hard to believe. I personally believe that EmperorGreymon and MagnaGarurumon was introduced too early into the seasons for just battling Cherubimon, But while the 2 did lose a lot they were up against Royal Knights vs the 02 team whose greatest enemy was one human with a dark army at the beginning and then later on a rouge Mega BKWarGreymon. Now if the 02 team fought Daemon and struggled then I would rank it a higher season.

Frontier redeemed itself in my eyes with the amazing ending and the cool way they took out Lucemon. There were a few moments when I thought the Frontier team might actually fail to save the Digital world and they technically did but killing Lucemon fixed all of that. I affectionately named the Frontier gang the "Digimon Super Sentai gang" aka "Digimon Rangers".

jazz189

A good point, but I hated T.K. and Cody so much, Shakkoumon was literally the best Digimon to represent them because he was laughable. He still got a decent boost, being able to resist BlackWargreymons attacks several times before he (still) managed to find a way to destroy the destiny stones. I know what you're saying, but I still don't think it was worse than Frontier.

SkullSatamon shouldn't have even had such a huge effect anyway. He's just an ultimate. Just the writers way to show some adversity and present the Fighter Mode.

You know what's funny about that? Cody's Armadillomon would have evolved into a Shakkoumon anyway, without T.K.s involvement, ditto for Yolei and Silphymon, and Davis and Paildramon. The whole DNA digivolving thing was just tedious, and the partnerships didn't make any sense. It would have been better if they just stuck to armor evolutions, since they could switch around their armor (armor evolution doesn't require the characters to have the trait they represent just compatible digimon).

In terms of quality for me the seasons rank as

Tamers> Savers>Adventure>X-Evolution>>>>>>>>>>>Adventure02>>>>>>>Frontier

I haven't finished with Xros Wars yet so I didn't add it.

Tamers is pretty awesome cause it ages well, and can be easily watched albeit appreciated more when you watch it when you're older.

Savers was just fun

Adventure started it all

X-Evolution was a good movie, would have been better as a full length series though

Adventure 02's only redeeming factor was Ken, and the story with Oikawa minus Arukenimon, Mummymon, Myotismon, and Black Wargreymon. Otherwise it was horrid, and no watching in japanese doesn't help. Plot holes galore unlikable new characters and shafting of the older more likable characters, lack of wonder with the digital, lack of any real sense of danger, lack of common sense in story telling, and no central planning

Frontier was a season whose concept was okay but its execution left much to be desired. Unlikable characters, horrid storytelling, which just got boring and tedious at times, and a Spotlight Stealing Squad, seriously the legendary warriors are an awesome digimon group and yet we don't get to see most of them. Which is disappointing for a series centering around them.

Last edited:

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
You know what's funny about that? Cody's Armadillomon would have evolved into a Shakkoumon anyway, without T.K.s involvement, ditto for Yolei and Silphymon, and Davis and Paildramon. The whole DNA digivolving thing was just tedious, and the partnerships didn't make any sense.

I'll defend Davis on that note. He's the only one who bothered to give Ken a chance, and they had already been rivals for a while. Their pairing makes sense. But I agree that the others were kinda thrown in ^^;

And also, Vmon could've gone his own route to reach AlforceV-Dramon. Wouldve been cool..

Ranks
6(so far) > 5 > 3 > 1 > 4 > 2

What I love about 6 and 5 is that more of the cast is involved compared to previous series where the leads were far ahead in terms of relevence :/

Allio

TheManlyTrainer
I'll defend Davis on that note. He's the only one who bothered to give Ken a chance, and they had already been rivals for a while. Their pairing makes sense. But I agree that the others were kinda thrown in ^^;

on a side note, did you guys know originally their was a plan for Iori/Cody to become the next digimon emperor. its also a reason that the Shakououmon *sp?* evolution was rushed.

found that out recently.

side question. what is everyones favorite main characters? (can be from the manga too)

Last edited:

pampam88

Pokenerd/Animenerd=D
*Hides behind wall* I liked season 4 the best...It was really cool to have them as digimon!

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
Just watched 34..That insert song for the DX is boss. Another + for this series(music). But I swear it makes me think of the 2nd Zatch Bell intro :S I was hoping for some more Kiriha backstory though..Oh well. Pretty good episode anyway. 5 more lands to go..

side question. what is everyones favorite main characters? (can be from the manga too)
Probably Masaru & his Agumon for their style. I kinda like Tsurugi from Next too.

jazz189

And also, Vmon could've gone his own route to reach AlforceV-Dramon. Wouldve been cool..
Yeah but Davis's understanding of Ken was just on the superficial level. They really didn't do a good job on making it seem that they were as close as Taichi and Yamato.

V-mon but Vee-mon already had Magnamon, which is a royal knight and also a part of V-mon's natural evolution, so the whole concept of dna evolution was just u necessary.

on a side note, did you guys know originally their was a plan for Iori/Cody to become the next digimon emperor. its also a reason that the Shakououmon *sp?* evolution was rushed.

Wouldn't surprise me really Adventure 02 has a lot of thrown out ideas, because the head writers and their numerous underlings couldn't see eye to eye on how the story should progress, so a lot of awesome ideas ended up being lost (coughDarkOceancough) in the process.

One writer wanted to make Adventure 02 a straight up shounen anime with Davis (and Yolei) as a messiah Gary Stu(Mary Stu) wannabe (cue the last two episodes, said writer basically openly admitted that Yolei and Davis do not behave like normal children considering their normal backgrounds, and that said writer intended for it to happen); another wanted to make it basically like how season three was with the characters all having a certain darkness to them (by the way Toei liked his idea so it ended up being reused for Tamers, also the one responsible for writing Ken); another wanted it to be a straight up sequel to Adventure.

They really should have cut down in the writers for that series it would have ended up being better because of it.

Favorite main character Takato, he was a sweet normal kid, that is the only goggle head to have a virus-type as a partner

Second Masaru for being awesome

Third Taichi because he did it first

Fourth Takuya

least favorite/ most disliked Davis (because he's an idiot braggart who never actually lead his hyper competent team through any sticky situation without them acting severely out of character to make him look good).

Last edited:

Crimsonlink

Crimson Champion
V-mon but Vee-mon already had Magnamon, which is a royal knight and also a part of V-mon's natural evolution, so the whole concept of dna evolution was just u necessary.

Magnamon isn't what I would call a natural Digivolution since it usually requires the Golden Digi-eggs.

Yeah 02 really did suffer from the pull in different directions. Look at Pokemon nowadays.

My favorite Character is Takato although Masaru comes close lolz.

I feel bad for Davis honestly because he never got out of that Tai clone/wannabe stigma he was inflicted with from the fanbase. Davis's greatest moment was the very last 2 episodes which is rather sad. Davis could have been so much more but the poor guy is stuck being the worst leader overall of the 6 seasons.

The best leader right now is Tai and Taiki the former being the original leader and the latter is a General, meaning he has to be a great leader.

rk9growlithe

The Arcanine Trainer
Let me just say one thing...

MY YELLOW BALD MONSTER (Augumon) CAN EASILY BEAT UP YOUR RED DINOSAUR (Guilmon)!

jazz189

Magnamon isn't what I would call a natural Digivolution since it usually requires the Golden Digi-eggs.

Yeah 02 really did suffer from the pull in different directions. Look at Pokemon nowadays.

My favorite Character is Takato although Masaru comes close lolz.

I feel bad for Davis honestly because he never got out of that Tai clone/wannabe stigma he was inflicted with from the fanbase. Davis's greatest moment was the very last 2 episodes which is rather sad. Davis could have been so much more but the poor guy is stuck being the worst leader overall of the 6 seasons.

The best leader right now is Tai and Taiki the former being the original leader and the latter is a General, meaning he has to be a great leader.

I think that Digimon seasons should just stick to one royal knight for protagonist per series.

Yeah Takato is great, it helps because he's relatable.

Well the fans weren't the ones who created that stigma for Davis the original Japanese creators did (they admitted as much). The creators admitted to wanting to copy Ta's character and popularity for Davis, and it doesn't help matters that there is a canon Drama CD where Davis basically admits to copying Tai's behavior. I think what makes it bad is that what parts of Davis weren't similar to Tai were irritating (being a braggart, his obsession with Kari, and his stupidity which was also there in the Japanese version). Davis simply wasn't his own character (his official japanese profile states he's just like Tai, except Tai was had charisma and was a natural leader) nor was he likable, the english version at least made him more tolerable by lampshading it, but in the Japanese version its more irritating than anything else because its more apparent and the show expects us to take him seriously too.

I never really saw the last two episodes as a Crowning moment of Awesome for Daisuke, but a dethroning moment of suck for the writers, and the other characters. Its sad really the only way that Davis could have a CMOA was when the other characters were behaving out of character and significantly dummed down to his level. I mean seriously why was T.K. afraid of what Myotismon did to Arukenimon and Mummymon its not as though he hasn't seen that or worse things before, ditto to Kari and Ken (he's also a veteran of the digital world) as well. It was a serious out of character moment for the the three of them. He couldn't be awesome in dire circumstances when his team don't have a hold of the distress ball/idiot ball, by making them act OOC, and that's actually worse than even Masaru who even if he didn't lead at least could be awesome alongside his team, and was included into their decision making. With all of that Davis certainly deserves his spot as worse male lead.

Yeah Taiki no matter what has to be a good leader as the very survival of his team depends on it, Tai was similar to that, but Taiki is fighting a war so his is more intense, as he's dealing with the same entrapment issues as Tai, his is more severe.

Crimsonlink

Crimson Champion
Let me just say one thing...

MY YELLOW BALD MONSTER (Augumon) CAN EASILY BEAT UP YOUR RED DINOSAUR (Guilmon)!

Funny because Guilmon was made by Takato to be superior to Agumon in every way from power to speed and defense.

Gigimon > Koromon, Guilmon > Agumon, Growlmon > Greymon, WarGrowlmon > MetalGreymon, and Gallantmon > WarGreymon

Jazz you make a good point about Daisuke and the writers really did botch it up. Heck all of 02 was messed up really besides the music and Ken. Matt and Sora getting together blindside anyone else besides me? Because that curveball came out of left field for me when I was looking to the right lolz.

uber gon

Accept Change
According to the manga a human/digimon xros is possible. Unfortunately, we see that via Nene/Dark Xloader. Of course, Nene's new form confirms her status as the fanservice character.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
* holds out cantaner of digifood from Xros wars*

apparently they are called as DigiNoir :)

Matt and Sora getting together blindside anyone else besides me? Because that curveball came out of left field for me when I was looking to the right lolz.

and let's not forget how TK is NOT with Kari.

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
Im sure that relationship blind-sided everyone :s

And then it slapped Taichi/Sora shippers in the face D:

According to the manga a human/digimon xros is possible. Unfortunately, we see that via Nene/Dark Xloader. Of course, Nene's new form confirms her status as the fanservice character.
What got me is that Dark Knightmon made a Tamers refrence in that chapter o_O

Last edited:

jazz189

Funny because Guilmon was made by Takato to be superior to Agumon in every way from power to speed and defense.

Gigimon > Koromon, Guilmon > Agumon, Growlmon > Greymon, WarGrowlmon > MetalGreymon, and Gallantmon > WarGreymon

Jazz you make a good point about Daisuke and the writers really did botch it up. Heck all of 02 was messed up really besides the music and Ken. Matt and Sora getting together blindside anyone else besides me? Because that curveball came out of left field for me when I was looking to the right lolz.

The official stance is that Guilmon is stronger than Agumon.

Not only that but Megidramon >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> SkullGreymon

You know what's funny about 02 one of the writers admitted that a sequel to could never be made to it, which was why Tamers takes place in an alternate universe. Because the numerous writers of 02 couldn't get it the together in time to form a script of the ending for the planning stages of Tamers.

Basically like I said before one of the head writers didn't want Daisuke or Miyako to behave like a normal children, even with their mundane pasts. I mean one of the first wall bangers for 02 is why the new kids go to the digital world even though they know very well they can be killed and have a way out of it. They have no ties to the digital world and yet they risk themselves to save it and it stands out in the Adventure franchise and not in a good way.

Seriously I wonder if people who say that the English Version of 02 ruined it have ever seen the JP version. Or instance many say that the english version of 02 made fun of Daisuke more than the original version and made him more of an idtiot. But having seen the original JP version I can say for sure that that is a bald faced lie. A lot of Daisuke's spoken dialogue reveals him to be either stupid, obnoxious, or both. The only time that Daisuke says smart things is when he's being out of character and suddenly gains wisdom he's never had before.

Matt and Sora getting together blind sided their japanese voice actors, and even they thought that it was weird, in addition to the fans.

Swampert_trainer

Laughs at thunder
Matt and Sora getting together didn't surprise me as much as Ken and Yolei getting married.

Who's everyone favorite rival character? Kiriha is certainly the best in my opinion. His disgust of weakness make for a very interesting character. As a character he's as much of a rival as Matt was during the Dark Masters arc of Adventure and as skilled a battler as Tohma, plus he has a past which is possibly darker than Ken's. His relationship with Taiki's is also the best out of any goggle boy/rival relationship we've seen so far in my opinion. He doesn't approve of Taiki's beliefs and they're not exactly friends, but he does respect Taiki's power and acknowledge his skill as a general.