• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Digimon discussion - Digimon Ghost Game now available on Crunchyroll

ParaChomp

be your own guru
I will admit, her Madoka Magika and Highschool of the Dead reviews made my noggin hurt (no seriously, I got a headache after watching them) and I do prefer blunt reviews (like those from the Lava Buster), her reviews do tend to look at…ah screw it, anyone got fresh news on the dub?

Izanagi

'Sup!
Are we talking about Digimon or JesuOtaku? I like her reviews but that is my opinion and nothing more. Anyways, any news on the dub?

...I DID cause this derail, didn't I...;_____;

Guess I should get in the corner before I get even more off topic standing up for her (as both a fan and Furuba cast member).

ParaChomp

be your own guru
...I DID cause this derail, didn't I...;_____;

Guess I should get in the corner before I get even more off topic standing up for her (as both a fan and Furuba cast member).
Really? That's interesting. Anyways, don't worry, there's been worse topic derailments and there's not much to discuss at the moment.

BCVM22

We have the Xros Wars dub to look forward to, and even a cursory glance at recent history tells you that whatever the next anime incarnation is, it will likely be a few years down the road. Why be impatient for something that won't happen for a few years still, if and when it happens at all?

Lee Sin

Formerly MegaLeaf
Hopefully we'll have a new season by the 20th anniversary at the latest.

Lucille

Digimon could create a new season soon, the franchise has actually been active the last few years. Xros Wars(manga as well), Hunters, and 2 PSP Games(Re:Digitize and the upcoming Adventure game) plus a new iOS card rpg comes out soon.

BCVM22

Digimon could create a new season soon

There's nothing to suggest this. Yet, at least.

the franchise has actually been active the last few years. Xros Wars(manga as well), Hunters, and 2 PSP Games(Re:Digitize and the upcoming Adventure game) plus a new iOS card rpg comes out soon.

None of which have anything to do with an actual new anime series in the slightest.

Dreamy

I love digimon

I've seen every episode and I'm currently waching through Xros wars the kids who leapt through time

Lucille

Re: Digitize had a 5 minute anime opening. An Adventure game could be hinting at a reboot of Adventure for the 15 Anniversary. The franchise has been active compared to pre-Savers and pre-Xros Wars. Digimon has had a little boom again there's an excellent chance that there will be another season.

BCVM22

Re: Digitize had a 5 minute anime opening.

Significant for no reason.

An Adventure game could be hinting at a reboot of Adventure for the 15 Anniversary.

Uh, no. No, it's not hinting at that at all.

The franchise has been active compared to pre-Savers and pre-Xros Wars.

It seems that way because you're paying attention. Go back and look at the time periods immediate to Frontier and Savers. The activity level is about the same, give or take a game or a card release or two.

Digimon has had a little boom again

Yes, because it just wrapped a 21-month, 79-episode series earlier this year. That'll do wonders for any franchise in the short-term.

there's an excellent chance that there will be another season.

I'm not saying there won't be another series a few years down the line. I am saying that nothing you've pointed out has any bearing on there being another series in the immediate future, and at present there is absolutely nothing indicating that there will be another series in the short term.

Last edited:

Xashlei

probably elsewhere
I think the only grounds for an Adventure remake would be that there have been a lot of remakes lately in the anime and videogame industries. That said I'm not going to get my hopes up for one. Besides it's really a gamble with these things, especially if it can live up to nostalgia.

On personal news I still need to catch up on the seasons past Frontier but agh, giant intimidating episode numbers. Buffering.
I've recently acquired Children's War Game (one of the Adventure movies) so I'm going to see about watching it with a few friends soon. It'll be great.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
According to WtW, it looks like the cast members have confirmed the dub title to be Digimon Fusion.

PokeRhymeBeat

As great of a show the Digimon Adventure Dub is, I have to admit that a lot of the script is so corny even compared to Pokemon's script!

Isn't most anime dubbing in that era corny? I noticed dubs only began to stick more to the Japanese around mid 2000s (Well the shows i tend to watch at least did) Wait who owns digimon in the USA now? I heard Disney did but sold the rights then got it back. Not sure if they are rumors or not.

BCVM22

It's unlikely that Disney "sold" the rights, but rather that they simply saw no point in renewing the license given the gap in time between material.

The reconstituted Saban Brands is responsible for the Xros Wars dub.

PokeRhymeBeat

It's unlikely that Disney "sold" the rights, but rather that they simply saw no point in renewing the license given the gap in time between material.

The reconstituted Saban Brands is responsible for the Xros Wars dub.

Ah good to know. thanks :D