• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Digimon discussion - Digimon Ghost Game now available on Crunchyroll

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Does this mean if Xros Wars had a movie, there'd be a "Pink Power Ranger" line in it?

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
I'm not surprised that Xros Wars got changed to Digimon Fusion. However, now I'm a little concerned by whatever cheese-ball thing they're going to do to "Shoutmon X#".

"Shoutmon! Ballistamon! Dorurumon! Starmonz!

Digifusion!

Shoutmon F4 (Fusion 4)!"

Edit: More news on the Digimon Adventure RPG: http://bokutachinodigitalworld.blogspot.com/

Rainmon said:
More news on the Digimon Adventure PSP game
which it's set to release in 2013.
This game has also contain the storyline for "Bokura no War Game~"

Still got the same voice actor for most of the characters, except for Palmon and Takashi Takeru, Palmon was voice by Shihomi Mizowaki, and now its being play by http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=63637">Yamada Kinoko
, and Takashi Takeru was voiced by Hiroko Konishi(Who's retired from voice acting), and now he's voiced by Pan Meguimi in this game(Who played Airu from Xros Wars).

Last edited:

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
I just wondered something (I apologize if this has already been answered). In the Digimon Adventure RPG game, it would be cool to have some alternate "What if" scenarios. Like, Ikkakumon fighting Monzaemon in Toy Town (Adventure Ep. 6) instead of Togemon.

That could work. Also, let's remember Bandai's "creative" dub names. I can see it like this:

"Shoutmon! WarKabuterimon! DigGarurumon! Starmonz! Digifusion!"

Obviously fake, but Bandai did give us gems like "LoadKnightmon" so I wouldn't put it past them.

Yeah, there were quite a few "engrish" names here and there in Data Squad (BioRotusmon anyone?) though to be slightly fair Loadknightmon was only one letter off from Lordknightmon.

As for the names, I think Dorurumon will keep his name (though the L may get switched out for an R) since it already invokes Garurumon's due through the "ruru" sound from the Garuru onomatopoeia. Ballistamon I could see changing due to his name being a reference to a weapon, but we'll see.

Edit: Small teaser trailer for Digimon Adventure is out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNj_J5dTtnc&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:

Xashlei

probably elsewhere
Man I literally fell to my knees in joy watching that. Exploring File Island and the Server Continent will be great. So I guess you choose which kid to use as your map avatar? And their Digimon partner switches in, in like.
Except for plot-essential times, like after Devimon's Mansion and it's just Taichi and Agumon for a bit.

If they're not releasing it Odaiba Day I'll honestly be surprised.

PokeRhymeBeat

It seems some peopel are saying Xross Wars will air on nicktoons. tbh the fact that they got PRS makes me think if Sabn does have the rights its possible but does anyone know if this is true or not? If it is on Nicktoons I can see them airing the older series like what they do for PR

Last edited:

BCVM22

It seems some peopel are saying Xross Wars will air on nicktoons. tbh the fact that they got PRS makes me think if Sabn does have the rights its possible but does anyone know if this is true or not?

Xros. One "s".

That Nicktoons is currently airing one of Saban's other properties means just that and nothing more, in and of itself. It's as possible as any other feasible landing spot.

Possibility has not yet equated to reality for any of the potential landing spots, however, so ignore anyone trying to tell you anything definitive in that regard.

Last edited:

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon

PokeRhymeBeat

Would be weird for me without english voices but does look interesting. Wow PSP is still getting some good games in Japan it seems. Lucky people :D

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Speaking of Digimon games, my friend still has the original PS game and I have yet to ask him to play it when I've gone over to his place...the problem is that he has cats, I hate cats!

ViperQueen

RAWR!!!
Lol I still don't like how they changed it to Rotus. Good point about Dorurumon, but I think they may change it to Drillmon (kind of make sense if you try to write drill in katakana)

@FlintOff- Load/Lord Was what it was called in the Japanese version

ViperQueen

RAWR!!!
Not even season 2 either? It was shown right after the last episode of the first season
-you should give the other groups/seasons a chance

RainaXainne

Balanced Trainer
I guess. I was actually thinking I should watch it again. I remember the movie and after that I might have watched a little more of the series.

BCVM22

Disney, in their one season of doing any actual hands-on production of the dub, did no worse or better than did Saban or Studiopolis.

ForeverFlame

My problem with Disney wasn't the dub (Data Squad is one of my favorites, and Jeff Nimoy of Adventure/02 was on board anyway). It was their horrible treatment of the series as rights holders. At one point the only way to watch Digimon in Canada was to get American television via satellite or to outright pirate it. We got Data Squad on our Disney channel for a little while (it didn't last very long), and there's the Data Squad DVDs (which remain uncomplete), but there was no feasible option to watch the first four seasons. Now that Disney is no longer sitting on the rights to Digimon, Digimon Adventure is being released on DVD for the first time, and the later seasons will probably come eventually. It also means that Digimon Fusion won't be bound to television channels affiliated with Disney, so it will be a lot more accessible to viewers. Especially if it airs on Vortexx, which is pretty much a given at this point.

Taichi

Oh man that Digimon Adventure RPG looks pretty awesome. I hope this sells well so that they can make sequels for Adventure 02, An shortened form of Ryo's Saga, and then Tamers. I just specifically want Tamers.

PokeRhymeBeat

My problem with Disney wasn't the dub (Data Squad is one of my favorites, and Jeff Nimoy of Adventure/02 was on board anyway). It was their horrible treatment of the series as rights holders. At one point the only way to watch Digimon in Canada was to get American television via satellite or to outright pirate it. We got Data Squad on our Disney channel for a little while (it didn't last very long), and there's the Data Squad DVDs (which remain uncomplete), but there was no feasible option to watch the first four seasons. Now that Disney is no longer sitting on the rights to Digimon, Digimon Adventure is being released on DVD for the first time, and the later seasons will probably come eventually. It also means that Digimon Fusion won't be bound to television channels affiliated with Disney, so it will be a lot more accessible to viewers. Especially if it airs on Vortexx, which is pretty much a given at this point.

I'm a little confused on what Vortexx is. Is it only airing old shows plus Zexel or does it plan to get new stuff like maybe Xross Wars for example. Was never sure if it was just a spot for old stuff or if its a money issue.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
Special thanks to Nintenfan for this: According to Samuraicast, Saban has finally confirmed that they have the license and they'll be showing their newest season Digimon Fusion at MIPCOM in Cannes, France on Oct 8-11 (note that it'll probably be just clips of the original content if there's a trailer).

Also, they've confirmed that they have the rights to the older seasons, so hopefully that means we'll be getting DVDs of the other seasons as well.

Samuraicast said:
LOS ANGELES, CA (Sept. 25, 2012) – Saban Brands has acquired the Digimon franchise, adding the long-running Japanese anime property to its growing portfolio of entertainment assets. The acquisition, which encompasses rights to the property outside of Asia, continues Saban Brands’ dramatic growth since reacquiring the Power Rangers property and purchasing lifestyle brand Paul Frank in 2010, amongst others. Saban Brands will work with MarVista Entertainment for distribution of the series outside of Asia. Japanese animation studio, Toei Animation Co., Ltd. will handle licensing and distribution of the property in Asia.
The Digimon franchise, which was first brought to the U.S. in 1999 by Saban’s Fox Family Worldwide, explores a digital world where powerful creatures known as Digimon, or digital monsters, battle for supremacy. With the help of their young human partners, the Digimon defend their world and ours from various evil forces.
“We’re thrilled to reconnect Saban Brands with Digimon, an entertainment franchise that embodies the strong fan base and growth potential we look for in new additions to our portfolio,” said Elie Dekel, President of Saban Brands. “We look forward to reintroducing the brand in new and exciting ways that will allow more fans to engage with Digimon.”
Saban Brands will debut the newest season, Digimon Fusion, at MIPCOM, which will be held Oct. 8-11 in Cannes, France. MarVista Entertainment has been appointed to handle international distribution (outside of Asia) of the new season, as well as distribution for more than 250 half-hours episodes of Digimon content from the library.
“We are naturally excited to further extend our relationship with Saban Brands to represent the Digimon franchise and to present the latest iteration, Digimon Fusion, to international buyers at MIPCOM,” commented Fernando Szew, Founding Partner and Chief Executive Officer of MarVista Entertainment. “Children worldwide have embraced the Digimon television series since its launch, providing strong ratings success for broadcasters around the globe, and we anticipate a lot of enthusiasm from current and new partners who will undoubtedly want to play a key role in the continued growth of the Digimon franchise.”

Read more: http://blog.samuraicast.com/saban-brands-acquires-digimon/#ixzz27Ved9r4s

Last edited: