• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Digimon discussion - Digimon Ghost Game now available on Crunchyroll

Akashin

Why? The English speaking portion of the Digimon fanbase is rather infamous for being some of the most obnoxious shippers, but I doubt that any of us here are that extreme. If it's not completely ruining the topic, I don't see why it can't be discussed here.

There is, however, a designated thread for shipping discussion exactly because not everybody is interested in it. I don't think how extreme the shipping is had anything to do with NeoDude asking it to be taken elsewhere.

greninjamaster

Just for your information, Adventure 02 is awful. After the new Adventure series was announced, I marathoned the first 2 seasons. Adventure stands the test of time really well, and I loved it just as much as when I was little. 02 on the other hand... was a painful experience. It lacks the heart of the original and the writing is a mess in so many ways. And in terms of relationships, any hint of romance was made up by the English writers, and simply didn't exist in the Japanese version, so even the people dubbing it were clearly obsessed with shipping. X_x

Wait hold on that's not true. The original anime is the one I watched very recently and there were plenty of romantic moments in 02.

Matt/Sora unlike in the dub was hinted at in 01 but unfortunately the dub decided to go the route of Taiora and well we all know what happened there when Matt/Sora happened.

T.K/Kari had the most hints even IN the original dub. Tailmon even said that "love connects the worlds" when T.K. was looking for Kari and that's not even the half of it. Their were plenty of hints and indications that they were going to happen. The finale poster has them holding hands as well.Their drama CD's Focus/Reflection are about each other. So I'm gonna have to humbly disagree with you for saying that 02 did not have any hints of romance in the original. That's just not true at all.

As far as a plot they need to do we NEED to know more about the dark ocean. If they carry anything from 02, carry that plot because I found that very interesting.

Last edited:

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
Did Matt and Sora really even have that many interactions with each other? Even in the Japanese version I don't remember them talking with each other a lot, much less romantically.

Last edited:

Kataphrut

My views on shipping is that it's all harmless fancy until something gets made canon, then at that point it should be thrown out the window. To paraphrase The Producers, "I'm the author, you're the audience; I outrank you!" I definitely hate it when shippers go the route of demonizing one half of a canon fair to work justify their preferred pairing that didn't go through. Harry Potter fans are infamous for that.

So yeah, maybe the whole Matt/Sora thing was poorly handled, but if that's the way the writers wanted to go, then that's up to them. It's not that big of a deal anyways. I agree that if the new series is going to bring back one aspect from the old series to expand on, the Dark Ocean episode should be the highest priority, not who hooks up with who.

Akashin

My views on shipping is that it's all harmless fancy until something gets made canon, then at that point it should be thrown out the window. To paraphrase The Producers, "I'm the author, you're the audience; I outrank you!" I definitely hate it when shippers go the route of demonizing one half of a canon fair to work justify their preferred pairing that didn't go through. Harry Potter fans are infamous for that.

So yeah, maybe the whole Matt/Sora thing was poorly handled, but if that's the way the writers wanted to go, then that's up to them. It's not that big of a deal anyways. I agree that if the new series is going to bring back one aspect from the old series to expand on, the Dark Ocean episode should be the highest priority, not who hooks up with who.

I'm not sure what we're talking about here. Are we talking about shippers trying to treat their ship as if it were canon, or shipping in general? If we're talking about the former, yeah, that has no weight against what the author does. But the latter shouldn't and isn't under any obligation to end when the story does; fanfiction exists largely for that reason, after all.

Lucille

So would anyone like to see Tai get VictoryGreymon?

Kakudou and Nishizono justified the Sorato because Kakudou disliked the idea of Idiot Hero gets the tsundere main girl. And also because in that time, the V-Tamer manga was still being published, so, Toei hadn't permission to touch Taichi's character more than minimal chara. development because Yaburo Ten'ya was still drawing the manga. That includes Toei was unable in that time to pair up Taichi with someone, even a side chara.

Now, V-Tamer had ended and Taichi's character rights belongs fully to Bandai & Trollei. And given the season is a High School mon series, I minimum expect at least Trollei pulling a NaruHina to justify Taichi's child (maybe in the shape of an overly shy and girly side character or "token chosen children" who resembles Hikari Yagami in a lot of ways).

NeoDude-5000

So would anyone like to see Tai get VictoryGreymon?

Yeah, totally! If they introduce Slide Digivolution in the anime that is, since VictoryGreymon isn't a super Mega like Omnimon. That applies for ZeedGarurumon too.

On subject of evolutions, do you guys think the other Digimon should get their Mega forms this time around?

Last edited:

Lucille

Yeah, totally! If they introduce Slide Digivolution in the anime that is, since VictoryGreymon isn't a super Mega like Omnimon. That applies for ZeedGarurumon too

Easy to fix. I've always wondered what a Omnimon created by a VictoryGreymon and ZdGarurumon would look like. I can see them giving Tai a whole new mega though

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
Just for your information, Adventure 02 is awful. After the new Adventure series was announced, I marathoned the first 2 seasons. Adventure stands the test of time really well, and I loved it just as much as when I was little. 02 on the other hand... was a painful experience. It lacks the heart of the original and the writing is a mess in so many ways.

This probably doesn't matter but uh...did you watch it dubbed or subbed? But anyways, personally I think I won't find it "horrific" as you put it, if it was japanese, because I'd probably just be distracted by the music playing in the background. XP Eh, I love Xros Wars so I highly doubt I'll hate 02.

Lucille

This probably doesn't matter but uh...did you watch it dubbed or subbed? But anyways, personally I think I won't find it "horrific" as you put it, if it was japanese, because I'd probably just be distracted by the music playing in the background. XP Eh, I love Xros Wars so I highly doubt I'll hate 02.

02 is only passable in Japanese with good music. Not as good as Xros Wars in Japanese though they had really good music.

Has anyone bought All Star Rumble? I did to support the Digimon movement in the West

Lucille

I heard it was pretty bad, like for example the story mode dragged out for too long in each stage and evolving during battle is literally a game of cat and mouse.

Each stage lasts about 2 minutes lol the problem is it's too short. You can beat the game in an hour :( digivolving is like a game of cat and mouse though. I'm praying that this game opens the way for Decode to come here

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
@Lucille

Still gonna watch it so I know what happened in all seasons and judge which ones are my favorites.

I'd get it, just to play as Shoutmon and Dorulumon, but I don't have any platforms supportting it...

Rumor from Logsoku, and transcribed here.

デジモンアドベンチャー-00-
2015年4月からフジテレビ系列にて放送
太一達のイラスト公開
ストーリー
高校生に成長した太一の前に謎のデジモンが現れデジヴァイスが奪われてしまう
アグモンの姿が見えなくなり戸惑う太一の前にどこからか声が聞こえてくる
冒険が再び進化する
ジャンプフェスタでアニメ映像公開

"Digimon Adventure -00-
It'll air in Fuji TV starting April 2015
Released a picture of Taichi and the others.
Story
A mysteiours Digimon materializes before Taich, who has become a high school student, and steals his Digivice.
A voice is heard in front of Taichi, who is perplexed after losing Agumon from sight.
The adventure once again evolves.
A clip will be shown at Jump Festa."

That's from Withthewill.net. Is Rumor is true or false? I guess I a little bit don't believe this rumor...-_-

Last edited:

Akashin

デジモンアドベンチャー-00-
2015年4月からフジテレビ系列にて放送
太一達のイラスト公開
ストーリー
高校生に成長した太一の前に謎のデジモンが現れデジヴァイスが奪われてしまう
アグモンの姿が見えなくなり戸惑う太一の前にどこからか声が聞こえてくる
冒険が再び進化する
ジャンプフェスタでアニメ映像公開

"Digimon Adventure -00-
It'll air in Fuji TV starting April 2015
Released a picture of Taichi and the others.
Story
A mysteiours Digimon materializes before Taich, who has become a high school student, and steals his Digivice.
A voice is heard in front of Taichi, who is perplexed after losing Agumon from sight.
The adventure once again evolves.
A clip will be shown at Jump Festa."

That's from Withthewill.net. Is Rumor is true or false? I guess I a little bit don't believe this rumor...-_-

I'll assume hoax until proven otherwise, simply because it's easier that way. It seems a bit random to be a hoax, but I've thought that of things that have turned out to be fake before, so I'll wait and see.

We'll know one way or the other by December 21st (or earlier, if something comes up before then), regardless.

I'll assume hoax until proven otherwise, simply because it's easier that way. It seems a bit random to be a hoax, but I've thought that of things that have turned out to be fake before, so I'll wait and see.

We'll know one way or the other by December 21st (or earlier, if something comes up before then), regardless.

I guess you right. I agre with you, Akashin

G-SANtos

If you are going to copy-paste my post, at least put it in a quote box and link back to it.
The "here" in "transcribed here", as can be seen in my original With the Will post, is supposed to link to this, which is where I found it.

By the way, as I said in my original post:
G-SANtos said:
Assuming this is correct, any idea on what "00" may mean?
By the way, a Google search shows the name Digimon Adventure 00 (Twin Zero) exists since 2010. Seems like there's a Japanese fanfic with this name. However, this rumor is the only place I can find where it's spelt "-00-" instead of "00". Seems to be a hoax, but if it turns out to be accurate, it's probably a huge coincidence, or there's a name connection I'm missing.
As someone answered me in that thread:
Inpu said:
-00- Could be meant as a kludge for an infinity symbol
Original post.

The fact it's also a fanfic title hinders the chances of it being the actual title.
Anyway, here are the V Jump leaks, which seem to debunk the rumor.

Last edited:
I wonder When the digiegg coming soon? that's weekly new digiegg not coming.... If maybe 21 Nov, there digiegg will coming soon.

greninjamaster

If you are going to copy-paste my post, at least put it in a quote box and link back to it.
The "here" in "transcribed here", as can be seen in my original With the Will post, is supposed to link to this, which is where I found it.

By the way, as I said in my original post:

As someone answered me in that thread:

Original post.

The fact it's also a fanfic title hinders the chances of it being the actual title.
Anyway, here are the V Jump leaks, which seem to debunk the rumor.

Yes it definitely debunks that rumor.