• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Digimon discussion - Digimon Ghost Game now available on Crunchyroll

G-SANtos

New Cyber Sleuth info. I don't have time to translate anything now, but we have a DigiFarm in the game, and a DigiLab, which I think was in the Story games, and you won't believe who is in the DigiLab.
Also, it seems Omegamon is Nokia's Partner. In fact, I'm starting to think the Agumon and Gabumon we see so much in Cyber Sleuth pictures are actually Nokia's Partners, not the Protagonist's.

Also, new Hackers. Fei, Jimmy KEN, and someone whose name's kanji is cut.
Also, it seems Cyber Sleuth has been announced to be in Jump Festa.

Pictures:
Baidu.
Kimi's Twitter: Here, here, here, here, and here.

EDIT: It's Fei, not Jay. Fixed.

Last edited:

Lucille

I'm honestly surprised that they didn't just port Decode instead of making ASR, considering 50K people want it and they could of spent time to actually make ASR a good game. Smh

greninjamaster

I bought the Digimon Adventure PSP game in Japanese didn't understand a single word but I did not care. It was amazing being able to play through every episode and arc pretty much.

BCVM22

That's just 50K guaranteed sales, obviously some people wouldn't know about Operation Decode and new people to the series could pick it up.

And unless you believe that "some people" and "new people" would qualify for an increase in sales by a factor of ten, it would still qualify as a failure. And no, that's not 50,000 "guaranteed sales" unless you somehow have 50,000 people at gunpoint and/or under ironclad contract to purchase such a game.

That none of these are the case would more seem to indicate that the right choice is very much being made in not localizing whatever game this is.

Lucille

And unless you believe that "some people" and "new people" would qualify for an increase in sales by a factor of ten, it would still qualify as a failure. And no, that's not 50,000 "guaranteed sales" unless you somehow have 50,000 people at gunpoint and/or under ironclad contract to purchase such a game.

That none of these are the case would more seem to indicate that the right choice is very much being made in not localizing whatever game this is.
The game in total would still be over 50K regardless with Japan sales but all I was saying is that would of probably been a better choice to port Decode then make a half assed game in ASR. I'm positive Decode would sell better here

Kataphrut

It's a shame the popularity of the franchise is so grim these days, especially in the West. When Digimon was in its prime here, the games we got were pretty lackluster. As much as I loved Rumble Arena, Digital Card Battle and Digimon World 1 back in the day, they weren't exactly gems.

These days, there's a lot of precedent for getting good games out of classic franchises, but Digimon just doesn't have the numbers (in terms of budget or audience) to make the most of it anymore. That upcoming Vita game I saw on Destructoid, Cyber Sleuth, looks like it could actually be decent, but it's unlikely that will make enough money to get localised.

Lucille

I blame Pokémon.

I do like Digimon All Star Rumble. It isn't an excellent game, but it's fun and it's Digimon. I hope people buy it so that other games might follow.

I agree it's a good time waster. Don't give up on Digimon though, it's looking good right now considering the years of complete nothing

Digimon Fusion is on TV now, we just got our first new game in like 7 years and Adventure 2015 likely will come here too

Kataphrut

I do think it's incredible that we have episodes and games of Digimon being released in the West this year. From what I've heard, neither of them were ground-breaking, but it's still encouraging. I finally have something from the series on TV that I can actually show to my young cousin, rather than simply grabbing him by the shoulders and shouting "WATCH TAMERS! WATCH TAMERS! WATCH TAMERS!" over and over again while furiously shaking him.

G-SANtos

I don't know if I mentioned, but some weeks ago the site released these screenshots. The Mysterious Boy has a Mugendramon.

There'll be a playable demo in Jump Festa, as well as a new trailer. Perhaps we'll finally get a list of voice actors.
Attendees will also get Agumon and Gabumon stickers.

Also, it seems the cover has leaked. Any idea of what is that thing in the background? It seems Omegamon, but it's a bit different, and it's also weird that is in the middle when Nokia herself isn't. Arata also appears to have wings, though it could be that Digimon's hand. Neither Arata or Yūko seem to have Partners.
Nokia has Agumon on her head, like Taiga had. Yasuda is plagiarizing himself.

Also, I translated one of the profiles from the official site, the one about Terriermon, Palmon, and Hagurumon.
下層エリアで主人公が出会うデジモンたち

下層エリアの歪みから出現する成長期のデジモン、テリアモン、パルモン、ハグルモン。
デジモンデジモンキャプチャーを入手した主人公が初めて出会うデジモンたちだ!
彼らを捕まえ、主人公はハッカーとなることができるか・・・?
"The Digimon the Protagonist meets in the Lower Area.

Terriermon, Palmon, and Hagurumon, the Child Digimon who appear from the distortions in the Lower Area.
These are the first Digimon the Protagonist meets after obtaining the Digimon Capture.
Catching them, can the Protagonist become a Hacker...?"

The language doesn't state if we have to choose one of the three or if we get all of them, but from theose screenshots, it's likely either the first, or the three join at different points of the first quest. In case it's the former, I wonder if one of the other two will go to Arata or maybe even Yūko in a Pokémon-like system. Those two really stick out in that they don't have Digimon near them in the cover, and it would be really weird if they don't have Digimon in the game.
So, the pattern is clearly Vaccine (Terriermon), Data (Palmon), and Virus (Hagurumon), but is there anything else to it? Can someone think of why these three were chosen?

EDIT: Also, Rie's profile has a LordKnightmon sillhouette behind her. Do you guys think it is her Partner? Before I forget, SiliconEra article.

Last edited:
So, the pattern is clearly Vaccine (Terriermon), Data (Palmon), and Virus (Hagurumon), but is there anything else to it? Can someone think of why these three were chosen?

I'm going to venture to guess at a very basic pattern. I think it is based on the commonly-cited distinction between animal, vegetable, and mineral.

And to add on to the other topic being discussed, I, too, am excited for a new Digimon season related to the continuity of the original two seasons!

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
And. Here. We. Go!

[img139]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B4vCwEECQAAUTya.jpg[/img139]