• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Digimon discussion - Digimon Ghost Game now available on Crunchyroll

Haunter ゴースト

Really hoping SkullGreymon returns, but now i know it's six episodes - i feel the chances are less likely. Who knows though, he returned in 02 he could return in the technical 03.

uber gon

Accept Change
And now Alphamon is apparently evil. Remember how he actually questioned Yggdrasill despite being a Royal Knight? Good times.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
And now Alphamon is apparently evil. Remember how he actually questioned Yggdrasill despite being a Royal Knight? Good times.

Well, now's a good time for fan speculation. I don't think Alphamon's evil, nor even "misunderstood". He's probably guarding something when Omnimon showed up and deemed him a threat, or he's under the villain's control, and thus only Omnimon's powerful enough to go up against him.

Or the scene could not be in the movies at all.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I haven't commented on all updates. As far as the animation goes, it feels weird seeing the chosen children or digides....whatever you call them. I'll call them the Digi-First Class. Anyway it feels weird seeing them animated this way, but I'll get use to it. This isn't the 90's anymore. But this is a six episode OVA? Does that mean there's no way to sneak in a Myotismon return? It's not the same without Myotismon returning for 100th time. Or explain the Dark Ocean with Dragomon, who never got a arc like I thought he would. I'm still excited for it anyway.

Akashin

Well, now's a good time for fan speculation. I don't think Alphamon's evil, nor even "misunderstood". He's probably guarding something when Omnimon showed up and deemed him a threat, or he's under the villain's control, and thus only Omnimon's powerful enough to go up against him.

Or the scene could not be in the movies at all.

Yeah, it's hard to get a feel for what's going on from that scene alone. For all we know it's X-Evolution all over again, with the kids thinking they're on the right side by siding with Yggdrasil, and Alphamon is rejecting Yggdrasil as per usual.

With that said, we've also already had an evil (misguided, I believe) Alphamon before in one of the DS games anyway.

BCVM22

But this is a six episode OVA? Does that mean there's no way to sneak in a Myotismon return? It's not the same without Myotismon returning for 100th time. Or explain the Dark Ocean with Dragomon, who never got a arc like I thought he would.

It's difficult to make any well-founded plot/villain guesses at this early stage.

Red and Blue

Didn't 02 end with every human on the planet getting a digimon? I wonder if we will see that in the movies

uber gon

Accept Change
Yeah, it's hard to get a feel for what's going on from that scene alone. For all we know it's X-Evolution all over again, with the kids thinking they're on the right side by siding with Yggdrasil, and Alphamon is rejecting Yggdrasil as per usual.

With that said, we've also already had an evil (misguided, I believe) Alphamon before in one of the DS games anyway.

The kids indirectly aiding the villain. I actually want to see that with the classic characters.

Izanagi

'Sup!
This is daily reminder that 02 is canon and everyone who says it isn't is only fooling themselves.

Anyways, I know it was going to be delayed but I didn't expect an 6-part OVA series. While some would argue that could be for the better, this is Toei we are talkin' about. They aren't hallmarks of quality. My hope is Mamoru Hosoda comes back and directs one of the episodes. I know he is big now and all but that would be nice especially considering his input in the original Adventure.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
This is daily reminder that 02 is canon and everyone who says it isn't is only fooling themselves.

Anyways, I know it was going to be delayed but I didn't expect an 6-part OVA series. While some would argue that could be for the better, this is Toei we are talkin' about. They aren't hallmarks of quality. My hope is Mamoru Hosoda comes back and directs one of the episodes. I know he is big now and all but that would be nice especially considering his input in the original Adventure.

So Matt and Sora still will hook up, eh? I guess that's fine. I still never saw that coming between them. But it's all good now. I wonder if they'll be dating in this 6-part series.

Rika24

Fire Pokemon Trainer
i'm a bit disappointed at the 6 episodes only thing, but the animation looks awesome! and it looks like we'll get Alphamon vs Omegamon 2.0 i really hope Dorumon makes an appearance, he's my favorite digimon.

NeoDude-5000

Wow... quite a lot of games are being localized. Hopefully Digimon World Redigitize (the 3DS version namely) and Adventure get the same treatment. (Adventure obviously will have to be ported onto another console, hopefully PS4)

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
As long as Tri fixes the mess that the epilogue of 02 made, I'm fine. Really? Guy that wants to become a soccer player becomes an ambassador. Boy band member becomes an astronaut. Huh? Those need to have some sense. And then there is Sorato vs Taiora. Let's not get into that. There are things that need to be addressed.

And of course, Malomyotismon is not a threatening name people. Momentai!

Last edited:

Akashin

As long as Tri fixes the mess that the epilogue of 02 made, I'm fine. Really? Guy that wants to become a soccer player becomes an ambassador. Boy band member becomes an astronaut. Huh? Those need to have some sense. And then there is Sorato vs Taiora. Let's not get into that. There are things that need to be addressed.

And of course, Malomyotismon is not a threatening name people. Momentai!

Far be it from me to defend 02's ending, but Taichi's isn't that unusual. A kid wanting to play soccer in his youth and growing up to do something entirely different is hardly unheard of (I'd be more inclined to say that it is only out of left field here because we see no progression leading to it, which isn't overly unusual given his age), and with Taichi being the de-facto leader of the original Chosen Children him being a Digital World ambassador makes as much sense as anything else.