• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Digimon discussion - Digimon Ghost Game now available on Crunchyroll

greninjamaster

Shipping spoilers

Joe has a girlfriend
There are lots of moments for Koumi and Takari fans
Tai/Sora/Matt triangle is indeed still present.

DANdotW

Previously Iota
If the 02 team are fighting against whatever evil there is, and they're being defeated, then cool, that's why they aren't present. But what I want to know is why TK and Kari aren't with them. Seems like they'd be present on a mission to defeat a big bad.

Navin

MALDREAD
So are the 02 kids dead? I know it`s a kids anime but Jesus

Wait...what?!?? But the 02 epilogue...

So is this an alternate universe?

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...

Haunter ゴースト

It seems the 02 team continue to protect the world after the end of 02 and clearly come across this new evil digimon which overcomes them, leading to the 01 team making a return.

Flintoff Cypress

Premium Ice Cream
Why are we talking about alternate universes? Did I miss something?

Spoiler free answer: No.

People wishing that the 02 CC died (instead of being merely defeated / KOed) at the hands of Alphamon and forcing tri to be an alternate universe ending where the 02 epilogue didn't happen.

Not that I would be completely opposed to such an idea. I love a good mindscrew. I'm just thankful that 02 was acknowledged. I would have hated them ignoring 02 (sans epilogue).

diakyu

Spoiler free answer: No.

People wishing that the 02 CC died (instead of being merely defeated / KOed) at the hands of Alphamon and forcing tri to be an alternate universe ending where the 02 epilogue didn't happen.

Not that I would be completely opposed to such an idea. I love a good mindscrew. I'm just thankful that 02 was acknowledged. I would have hated them ignoring 02 (sans epilogue).
Wait, people actually want that?

BCVM22

"People" is always a relative term, but of course. The 02 epilogue had the audacity to canonize certain relationships and other character elements that didn't meet with the futures that some had already written in their heads, and that made it "wrong." Fourteen years later, along comes a seeming chance to write that epilogue out of continuity and replace it with new canon (that these same people would probably dislike just as much).

So to answer your question, yes, but don't worry about it.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Not that type of end for them. I rather just have an alternate universe in general so the writers aren't bound by whatever epilogue they wrote over a decade ago. That way the old canon exists, and a new canon can be made as well.

I still think that's a really messy way to "retcon" something without the actual retcon, and if that ends up going to be a thing that happens, they'll have to really come up with a clever way to do it, although it'd still be at the risk of ticking some people off. (To be frank, anything that's going to happen will tick someone off one way or another. Can't please everyone.) One of the points of Tri is to show the difficulties knowledge of Digimon in the real world bring up, which in turn leads up to the epilogue. Shipping scorns aside, the careers chosen by the kids have been another thing people didn't like, and so I can imagine the movies might show this process in the kids deciding what to do when they enter adulthood (Joe already knows what he's going to do, but we might still see that struggle). At the very least, we're getting this with Tai; the movies appear to be a coming-of-age story, and Tai's choice to become a diplomat had to have been the result of some kind of personal epiphany.

But even so, if alternative universes are going to play a role in the movies, I imagine they'll show more cons than pros in terms of the characters.

U.N. Owen

I still think that's a really messy way to "retcon" something without the actual retcon, and if that ends up going to be a thing that happens, they'll have to really come up with a clever way to do it, although it'd still be at the risk of ticking some people off. (To be frank, anything that's going to happen will tick someone off one way or another. Can't please everyone.) One of the points of Tri is to show the difficulties knowledge of Digimon in the real world bring up, which in turn leads up to the epilogue. Shipping scorns aside, the careers chosen by the kids have been another thing people didn't like, and so I can imagine the movies might show this process in the kids deciding what to do when they enter adulthood (Joe already knows what he's going to do, but we might still see that struggle). At the very least, we're getting this with Tai; the movies appear to be a coming-of-age story, and Tai's choice to become ambassador had to have been the result of some kind of personal epiphany.

And hopefully Matt being an astronaut is resolved. Because musician becoming an astronaut is totally natural character development. Yes, I was mad about shipping, but I was equally mad at their career paths because they made no sense for the most part.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
And hopefully Matt being an astronaut is resolved. Because musician becoming an astronaut is totally natural character development. Yes, I was mad about shipping, but I was equally mad at their career paths because they made no sense for the most part.

Well, to be frank, I never expected him to remain a musician, at least with his band, but if he was to remain a musician, I can see him going solo, or he becomes a composer for film scores (and that'd be cool). The astronaut choice is out there, although apparently that's a nod toward a proposed, but scrapped idea involving alien invasion or something? I dunno, it's just weird, and unless he made enough money as a musician to go into orbit... ehhhhh...

Last edited:

Navin

MALDREAD
I still think that's a really messy way to "retcon" something without the actual retcon, and if that ends up going to be a thing that happens, they'll have to really come up with a clever way to do it, although it'd still be at the risk of ticking some people off. (To be frank, anything that's going to happen will tick someone off one way or another. Can't please everyone.) One of the points of Tri is to show the difficulties knowledge of Digimon in the real world bring up, which in turn leads up to the epilogue. Shipping scorns aside, the careers chosen by the kids have been another thing people didn't like, and so I can imagine the movies might show this process in the kids deciding what to do when they enter adulthood (Joe already knows what he's going to do, but we might still see that struggle). At the very least, we're getting this with Tai; the movies appear to be a coming-of-age story, and Tai's choice to become a diplomat had to have been the result of some kind of personal epiphany. But even so, if alternative universes are going to play a role in the movies, I imagine they'll show more cons than pros in terms of the characters.

Do they really need an explanation for "alternate universe"? Most people understand/accept multiverses. I'm just saying it prevents them from having their hands tied to write a story that has to connect to the epilogue.

U.N. Owen

Do they really need an explanation for "alternate universe"? Most people understand/accept multiverses. I'm just saying it prevents them from having their hands tied to write a story that has to connect to the epilogue.

Why is it even necessary? We had alternate universes starting with Tamers and almost everyone was okay with it.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member

What, people really wished that?

I mean, there are more than one way the production team can use to ignore 02 epilogue without having the 02 kids dead.......and I doubt they will choose the "dead" route.

Most likely, they're just injured, so they have to rest and can't take any action.

Red and Blue

The epilogue really wasn't as bad as people make it out to be. So everyone got married and had kids in the end. Could have been a lot worse

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
The epilogue really wasn't as bad as people make it out to be. So everyone got married and had kids in the end. Could have been a lot worse

The epilogue itself wasn't bad at all. As has been mentioned, what people sees as a problem is the pairing in the epilogue.