• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Digimon discussion - Digimon Ghost Game now available on Crunchyroll

NeoDude-5000

Crunchyroll will legally stream Digimon Tri starting tomorrow, November 20th. (I don't know if this is for premium members or everyone.)

And apparently there's a Winter 2016 release date for the next part--whether it's movie two, or Crunchyroll's splitting this movie into four parts on the website? I don't understand that one, but I thought this should be brought up. It's available for the following regions: United States, Canada, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, and Latin America.

WHAT!? Not for the UK!??? (goes and cries in the corner). Did they streamed it subbed?

Last edited:

Red and Blue

Finally watched the first four episodes.

Feels like Tri has a bit more of a serious tone compared to 01 and 02. People`s reaction towards the damage caused by the Digimon attacks really hammered that feeling in.

BCVM22

This sequence where Agumon and Gabumon evolve through all of their forms and finally merge into Omegamon, with the Brave Heart instrumental playing. I cheered.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
WHAT!? Not for the UK!??? (goes and cries in the corner). Did they streamed it subbed?

Condolences to the European fans. Not sure why Crunchyroll couldn't get those regions, maybe someone else did. But it's subbed, yes.

Feels like Tri has a bit more of a serious tone compared to 01 and 02. People`s reaction towards the damage caused by the Digimon attacks really hammered that feeling in.

God, I know we probably would feel the same way if we didn't know anything about Digimon, but the way those two students muttered to themselves that the monsters need to hurry up and die was harsh. If it hadn't been for Tai, Matt probably would've socked them in the face, and I can't blame him. But damn, it hurts. I can see the outrage getting worse, and that could definitely land a blow on the DigiDestined.

This sequence where Agumon and Gabumon evolve through all of their forms and finally merge into Omegamon, with the Brave Heart instrumental playing. I cheered.

I know it was only for a couple of minutes, but what a way to end it on. It was amazing.

I'm sad Joe didn't get much this time around. I know he's real busy with school and it's stressing him out, but outside of him welcoming Gomamon into his room (like holy crap Gomamon at the window was adorable, the fact he went to his house first, like he knows his Joe well), and trying to brush off the news report on the Kuwagamon, we didn't get to see him be a DigiDestined. I'm hoping there's plans for him in the future, the post-credits scene in the last part seems to be foreshadowing something, perhaps.

Last edited:

Haunter ゴースト

Well, the four episodes were great. Animation was beautiful and the writers really went and aimed for the older fans.

Unfortunately apart from the OP and ED, the bgm sucked pretty hard and Episode 4 was rushed which is a shame.

Regardless, i'm looking forward to Tri 2 next Year. Tri 1 gets 8/10 from me.

BJack

Zura
The art direction is kinda eh, better than SM Crystal but I wish it was better. Xros looked better in every aspect.

This is definitively a better effort SMC,DBS and SoG. God, how I wish these didn't exist.

Flintoff Cypress

Premium Ice Cream
I think I enjoyed this.

I know that back in August 2014 I whined like a little ***** about the idea of "High School" Digimon, but I think the "casual" scenes (like Koushiro and Takeru talking about clothing) were some of the best parts of this OVA.

The evolution sequences were... yucky. It's almost like they were trying too hard. Adventure is known for "Digimon spinning on a black background". We don't need all sorts of flashy crap. Watching Gabumon and Agumon "Warp Evolve" in battle was sexy as fudge, though.

Watching Taichi and Yamato's struggle with one another was really touching. Bro-tears were shed when Taichi remembered how they stood up hand-in-hand to VenomVamdemon.

Also, what in the **** happened to the 02 team? I like the way absolutely nothing of this has been acknowledged from the Chosen themselves?

If you don't excuse me, I'm going to go hibernate until April so I can see where this goes next.

diakyu

I wonder if they'll ever address Tai's fear of causing destruction in the real world as a sign of maturity. It made sense for him not to care as a child but now that he's older he realizes how destructive the digimon can be.

Afrodisiac

break up w yo gf, im bored
6/10 for me, some scenes dragged on for too long and the BGM selection was poor, although I liked some of the remixes of the original OST by Takanori Arisawa.

I HATE how they handled Taichi & Yamato, ugh. Sora was also OOC. And Jou feels so damn apart from the other guys, poor Gomamon.

The animation was good, not great but definitely better than other Toei projects.

I died of happiness when I heard Agumon, Gomamon and Palmon's voices. The latter is just as adorable as in the first season, felt so damn nostalgic.

I'm intrigued by Meico & Meicoomon, also what really happened to the 02 kids.

I want my full Plotmon->Tailmon shinka animation :mad:

Last edited:

diakyu

Strange Alphamon just pulled out the Ouryuken. No Owryumon love?

BCVM22

Part 2 (Determination) is confirmed for March 12, 2016.

If they stick to four months between releases, the full schedule would go:

Part 1 - November 2015
Part 2 - March 2016
Part 3 - July 2016
Part 4 - November 2016
Part 5 - March 2017
Part 6 - July 2017

Ilikepiex7

I hear their was poster at the Japanese premier for the next part with Vikingmon rosemon and imperialdramon we might see the s2 battle next time and looks like Joe and Mimi are getting their mega

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I hear their was poster at the Japanese premier for the next part with Vikingmon rosemon and imperialdramon we might see the s2 battle next time and looks like Joe and Mimi are getting their mega

Saw the low-resolution poster, and I have this to say: OMG ARE THEY ACTUALLY GOING WITH CHARACTER SPOTLIGHTS AND DEVELOPMENT EVERY MOVIE YESSSSSSSSSS (Oh, and Vikemon and Rosemon look awesome there. And that's Imperialdramon on the poster, yes. Something's afoot!)

This is probably wishful thinking on my part, but I kind of hope this is the chance for Leomon and/or Ogremon to show up at this point. I dunno, maybe this is going to happen once the DigiDestined start going into the Digital World (I'm kind of sad it didn't happen in this film, but oh well), or we'll just get something totally different at this point and they may not be considered at all. I guess I just want to see the two so badly at this point, especially since they did play important roles in the first season, especially with Joe and Mimi in the Dark Masters arc.

This gives me hope that Kari's arc is going to be what I'm expecting it to be. Watch, the one movie with her in the spotlight (whether she's sharing it with T.K. or not) is going to have the Dark Ocean play a part, it has to be. It's Tri's chance to bring it in. Also I can see Wizardmon making a possible appearance in her arc, but I don't want to make that a high expectation of mine because that's not what I want the most. It'd also answer the age-old question once and for all: Magnadramon, or Ophanimon.

Red and Blue

So how are the other six kids going to learn to warp digivolve to mega. Cause technically Yamato and Tai had to use outside help

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
Watching episode 2. Not going to lie, when the Digivolving music sequence came on, I teared up a bit.

shadow_wolf

Not got a chance to watch these but found a site that us lovely UK people might be able to watch from. [LINK REMOVED] appears to have the first 4 parts up. Enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator:

BCVM22

It'd also answer the age-old question once and for all: Magnadramon, or Ophanimon.

[spoil]I think between Movie 3's questionable canonicity, the fact that Ophanimon didn't exist when they needed a Mega for Hikari, the use of Ophanimon in the Digimon Adventure PSP game and these movies seemingly canonizing Vikemon as Gomamon's Mega, Magnadramon is probably nothing more than an artifact of the past at this stage and Ophanimon is probably the answer.[/spoil]

Red and Blue

Maybe I missed it, but did they explain why T.K. and Hikari weren't fighting alongside the 02 kids?