• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Digimon discussion - Digimon Ghost Game now available on Crunchyroll

NeoDude-5000

To be honest I was sort of expecting Hououmon/Phoenixmon and HerculesKabuterimon to be first new Megas for the DigiDestined to appear first. Silly question though, has Imperialdramon been infected after the battle against Alphamon?

Curious question, will we get new Super and Warp Digivolution sequences?

Red and Blue

To be honest I was sort of expecting Hououmon/Phoenixmon and HerculesKabuterimon to be first new Megas for the DigiDestined to appear first. Silly question though, has Imperialdramon been infected after the battle against Alphamon?

That is the general consensus since it is shown duking it out against Vikemon.

And yeah I'd imagine we will get new warp digivolution scenes for the other digidestined

Janovy

Banned
Well, I finally watched Digimon Tri. It was a nice start, bit slow at first with some questionable character choices (Taichi in particular) but it was a fun watch.

Sucks that we have to wait for more. Also, that poster looks epic.

Red and Blue

So how will the others get mega forms? Yamato and Tai got there's through outside forces, so I'm curious if will be the same here or just through the power of frienddship

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
So how will the others get mega forms? Yamato and Tai got there's through outside forces, so I'm curious if will be the same here or just through the power of frienddship

No, the power of Sincerity and Reliability, duh. Kidding.

Speaking of which, didn't Agumon and Gabumon give up their ability to go Mega to give Imperialdramon the ability to become Fighter Mode?

It's probably being ignored or whatever.

Red and Blue

No, the power of Sincerity and Reliability, duh. Kidding.

Speaking of which, didn't Agumon and Gabumon give up their ability to go Mega to give Imperialdramon the ability to become Fighter Mode?

Nope. Agumon was still able to warp digivolve despite Imerialdramon being able to become fighter mode

They both took on BlackWargreymon

Flintoff Cypress

Premium Ice Cream
If anything, it'll be hand-waved by having a flashback where Gennai has them regaining the power for whatever arbitrary reason that the writers come up with. Sort of like the flashback in the 02 episode "Fusion Confusion", but in reverse.

(If you want to be more specific, you could say that they got the ability back between the end of 02 and Revenge of Diaboromon).

Otherwise, it's best left to the imagination. 02 ended with the children and their partners together with the gate to the Digital World presumably still open (until 1 year before Tri). Just smile and nod with the assumption that they got the power to Super/Warp evolve somewhere in that two-year span.

Super, probably. Warp, probably not. Besides, at the risk of wanting something repetitive, I would LOVE to see a similar "warp evolution" to what we got in Reunion with Togemon/Lillimon/Rosemon and Ikkakumon/Zudomon/Vikemon.

Shaaaaame, Joe, what about your girlfriend :p?

Considering that his "girlfriend" is likely sitting on the end of his right arm, I'm sure she's aware of Joe's pervy glances.

Akashin

To be fair, 02 started it by going back on what Adventure said about the power to Evolve inherently being with the Chosen to begin with. If Tri is sticking to what Adventure established, there shouldn't be any problem.

BCVM22

The implication, though never spoken out loud, was that when the Digital World was restored by Oikawa at the end of 02, the Chosen kids and their Digimon regained the ability to use their Crest powers (that they willingly gave up between Adventure and 02) and Digivolve beyond Champion without an outside boost. That jives just fine with them being able to do so in Revenge of Diaboromon and in Tri. That's from one of the script translators for the dub, many moons ago.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Interesting, I'm glad to see that they used Dragon Mode since that's my favorite form of the three, hopefully they'll use this to delve into the corruption going on.

I'd guess it's because Dragon Mode looks more "feral", compared to the knight-like Fighter Mode. For a corruption, the "feral" look would work better.

Though, the purple headgear indicates it's not BlackImperialdramon. Too bad, I would have loved to see BlackImperialdramon being the corrupted form.

TheGreaterLucario

Is this thread still for general Digimon discussion? It is? Great. Well, as a 3DS owner, I can officially say that when it comes to Digimon, Namco Bandai have amounted to being massive trolls to the fanbase. Rather than release a localization of another Digimon game for a system most people already have, they release them for systems that most people do NOT already own (PS Vita and PS4) and would most likely have to go out and buy one solely to be able to play the new localization everyone has been waiting so long for. How do they expect a new localization to sell well if they localize it for a system that a. isn't all that popular compared to some of the others, and b. has a repertoire of games mainly catering to those who favor FPS and/or more violent games? And then they go and withhold future localization from us because "Digimon games don't sell well."

My apologies if this isn't the right place to go to talk about this.

BCVM22

If you've ever accused a company of being "trolls" to a fanbase, you're purposely taking it way too personally. Not releasing a game in a certain territory is not "trolling" by any definition.

Also, who says people don't own PlayStation 4 systems? It sounds more like your complaint is "you didn't localize this game for the system I own!" Maybe it is more than that, but that seems to be your argument.

TheGreaterLucario

If you've ever accused a company of being "trolls" to a fanbase, you're purposely taking it way too personally. Not releasing a game in a certain territory is not "trolling" by any definition.

Also, who says people don't own PlayStation 4 systems? It sounds more like your complaint is "you didn't localize this game for the system I own!" Maybe it is more than that, but that seems to be your argument.

It is more than that. I will admit, I definitely could have said things better in trying to make my point. My point is that there were two Digimon games that people were practically begging them for a localized version of, one for PS Vita and one for 3DS. They localize the PS Vita one and start hyping it up, yet show absolutely no intention of doing anything with the 3DS one that people have been asking for just as much, if not more. Also, when they've gone and made entirely new Digimon games for the West (example being that Rumble Arena game for the PS3), they only seem to release them on Sony consoles. Maybe someone can tell me, but I can't understand why l they would overlook the opportunity to localize a game to a VERY popular system. And I speak on behalf of everyone else who feels frustration about Bandai Namco's constant lack of attention towards the 3DS when it comes to Digimon.

BCVM22

Because even when you and all the fellow members of your favorite Internet community decide to rise up as one and gather signatures and say "our voices must be heard! We will buy this game! You must localize it!", the chances are you could multiply your numbers a few times over and you would still be well, well below what a game like that would need to sell in order to be worthwhile. And that assumes that every single one of those people goes out and buys a copy, and that's something you simply can't guarantee.

Just to give you an example, the member list for this forum is just over 344,000 users. That includes every username account to have ever registered here, past and present, banned, active and inactive. If every single username on that list went out and bought a copy of a given game, it would amount to worldwide sales best described as "meh." Depending on the game, 340,000 might be an utter disappointment or it might be mildly impressive, but you get the idea. For a Digimon game, 340,000 units worldwide would actually be pretty good, but that's a very hypothetical high note.

You dig? I'm sure there are "people" demanding a localization of Re: Digitize Decode, but it's not likely those people represent numbers great enough to provide incentive for the product to be produced. You're focused on the system and not the game and inaccurately assuming the former will lead to sales for the latter.

Last edited:

TheGreaterLucario

Because even when you and all the fellow members of your favorite Internet community decide to rise up as one and gather signatures and say "our voices must be heard! We will buy this game! You must localize it!", the chances are you could multiply your numbers a few times over and you would still be well, well below what a game like that would need to sell in order to be worthwhile. And that assumes that every single one of those people goes out and buys a copy, and that's something you simply can't guarantee.

Just to give you an example, the member list for this forum is just over 344,000 users. That includes every username account to have ever registered here, past and present, banned, active and inactive. If every single username on that list went out and bought a copy of a given game, it would amount to worldwide sales best described as "meh." Depending on the game, 340,000 might be an utter disappointment or it might be mildly impressive, but you get the idea. For a Digimon game, 340,000 units worldwide would actually be pretty good, but that's a very hypothetical high note.

You dig? I'm sure there are "people" demanding a localization of Re: Digitize Decode, but it's not likely those people represent numbers great enough to provide incentive for the product to be produced. You're focused on the system and not the game and inaccurately assuming the former will lead to sales for the latter.

And the same can't be said for Cyber Sleuth because....?

TheGreaterLucario

What precisely is your beef there? It is getting localized, isn't it?

I guess it comes down to this: Both had the fanbase begging for a localization. Both really had no guarantee that they would sell well if localized. Yet, they decided to localize one of them. Would it not make more sense to localize the one for the system that has had better sales and thus more of the fanbase you are trying to cater to likely own? I mean, give me your honest opinion here, do you think more profit could be made with a game for the PS4 or Vita or one for the 3DS? I mean, yeah I'm bummed they're not localizing Decode, but I'm more baffled at the lack of sense it makes.

BCVM22

Yet, they decided to localize one of them. Would it not make more sense to localize the one for the system that has had better sales and thus more of the fanbase you are trying to cater to likely own? I mean, give me your honest opinion here, do you think more profit could be made with a game for the PS4 or Vita or one for the 3DS?

The PS4 and Vita are closer in architecture, if I'm not mistaken. It's easier to port a title from the former to the latter, or at least develop the two similarly. Profit is potentially a wash but development for the Sony pair is easier and more easily intertwined. Combine that with Namco Bandai's closer links to Sony's hardware over the years - not exclusivity, but they've definitely developed more for the various PlayStations - and that more or less answers your question.