• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Digimon discussion - Digimon Ghost Game now available on Crunchyroll

Red and Blue

So I looked closer at the poster for movie 4 and it has Yamato and Tai along with Sora. Guess Loss will address the love triangle

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
So I looked closer at the poster for movie 4 and it has Yamato and Tai along with Sora. Guess Loss will address the love triangle

Anything but that love triangle. It's nothing but trouble.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."

Anything but that love triangle. It's nothing but trouble.
Well they were going to have to bring it up eventually. Especially since they have to explain how it happened by the time of the epilogue

Someone on Tumblr mentioned this, and they make an argument that it's not a love triangle like people think it may be, but a (team) dynamic.

(The URL has been censored out. I'll write it out in a spoiler.)

http://digimonfangirl1103.tumblr.com/post/150894401770/gossipchii-important-shit-okay-small-rant-in

BCVM22

Or, without the insane ranting, one could simply say "even with the canonical future romance between two of the characters, the three of them have an unbreakable bond of friendship that hopefully elevates this beyond a cliché love triangle."

Funny thing, when you think about it: Sora and Yamato having two children in the future is canon, but they were never strictly shown as being married, at least not explicitly like Miyako and Ken. Wouldn't it be sad, but fitting, if Yamato's marriage ends up in divorce like his parents', and his children separated like he and his brother at that age?

That, of course, is not canon. Just a thought.

diakyu

The first episode of Appmon just finished airing and I enjoyed it a lot. Ignoring them saying "Appmon" all the time it really is just another digimon series it looks like with a more focus on social networks (the first Appmon they fight speaks in physical text messages then fires them, no seriously).

Flintoff Cypress

Premium Ice Cream
I LOVED the first episode of Appmon. The art style and the main character both remind me a lot of Gundam Build Fighters and I think Gatchmon is possibly the most adorable thing to come from the Digimon franchise.

...I'm praying that they don't screw this series up. I also loved Xros Wars Hunters for the first couple of episodes.

diakyu

...I'm praying that they don't screw this series up. I also loved Xros Wars Hunters for the first couple of episodes.
Well Hunters big problem was there was no antagonist for the first half of it, nothing really happened. Here that isn't the case since it looked like the big bad was already named dropped (who I know from the manga that already released) and that other mysterious Appmon. Then there's the case of Haru's friend... very interested in how this pans out.

Also the OP animation was too good, song wasn't half bad either. Here's an official way to see the first episode.

Last edited:

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
The episode was great.

Got some feelings of Tamers and Xros Wars which is an amazing thing since I've enjoyed both (they are my favorite seasons).

Also the OP animation was too good, song wasn't half bad either. Here's an official way to see the first episode.

Thanks a lot man!

TV Tokyo does deserve a lot of praise for actually doing this. The best part is that they'll be doing it for all episodes: put it on the official site for a whole week until the next one.

diakyu

There is definitely a Tamers vibe, especially with Haru being freezing in fear when that Appmon was assaulting Gatchmon. Good to see he isn't extremely hot-blooded from the get go.

Last edited:

Jibanyan

I LOVED the first episode of Appmon. The art style and the main character both remind me a lot of Gundam Build Fighters and I think Gatchmon is possibly the most adorable thing to come from the Digimon franchise.

Same character designer

diakyu

So I decided to write my full thoughts on this episode, it does involve spoilers for those waiting for the dub or subs (I can't speak Japanese but I feel I got the full idea of what was going on-
Well the time has finally come for a new Digimon series, and boy do I mean new. This series has gone through the wringer in the west before it's release in Japan when it comes to the fanbase despite the fans in Japan, or should I say the children, absolutely eating it up. At every turn people try and find a reason for why this will be crap. You will see the AR field compared to the Digiquartz from Young Hunters because since that was crap this has to be crap too. You will see people cry about all Appmon having the same body structure despite promotional material showing more digimon-esque complicated designs as they evolve and the first episode having an enemy fighting Gatchmon that looks nothing like him. You will see people complaining about the new evolution methods despite a few of the older series having different evolutions methods. You will see people try and bring it down with the idea that involving smart devices is a horrid idea (a complaint from the gamers in the community imo) is terrible despite smart devices being a huge trend that has been happening for years that no main Digimon series has capitalized on.

So was it terrible? No. Was it actually pretty good. Yes. Was it a far drift from Digimon. Not at all.

The first episode focuses on Haru and Gatchmon. Haru is a lovable nerd who dreams of becoming a hero though he doesn't have the confidence to think he could ever be one. Gatchmon is an Appmon we met fleeing from the mysterious AI Leviathan in the Internet Sea. Haru gets his toy selling merchandising tool, I mean Appli drive from a hacked vending machine asking Haru if he wants to be a hero, he denies but it forces the device on him anyways. Interestingly enough it's a Appmon working under Leviathan that gives him the Drive presumably under Leviathan's orders. That night Haru mets Gatchmon as he comes through the navigation device on his phone and they become partners. The later parts of this episode deals with them fighting an Appmon that can manipulate technology to ruin people's lives by showing them embarrassing photos (a picture of Haru crying after peeing on the bed is shown in public on the big screen to a large group of people). They travel to the AR field to confront the out of control Appmon.

This is where my biggest positive for this episode comes in, the beginning of Gatchmon vs Messemon. If I was to say what this episode felt like compared to the other series I would say it kinda resembles Tamers. Haru is very much like Takoto in that he is a big dreamer but doesn't have the confidence to make his dreams a reality. Gatchmon is getting brutalized for most of this by Messemon and all Haru does is cower in fear on the ground. This lasts for a long time. Watching Gatchmon get blasted for the fourth time I thought "okay, when does this end", but not in a bad way in a "what are they trying to show here?" Sure Haru mans up and the fight becomes a showcase of beautiful stock clips we should get used to because we'll be seeing time and time again since this is really just a Digimon series in disguise, but that's after we get that Haru is far from a traditional hero. I have no doubts that as the show goes on we will see Haru turn into that hero.

The episode ends on a cliffhanger I did not see coming and I was left with expectations blown away. It was so much better than I thought it would be as I, like all the fans, had my doubts. But seeing that Haru was nerdy but never a full loser, watching Gatchmon be confident and dramatic but never overly loud like or obnoxious like Shoutmon (no disrespect to the Digimon King), seeing that the show has a plot and antagonist right out of the gate, and an episode 1 that feels no need to introduce the other members of the main cast at all (a series first) and instead focusing on Haru and Gatchmon as the pivotal main characters they are I have confidence this will be something special.

Rentorar

Trainer for 20 years
So..Meicoomon remembers her tamer. This is interesting..Too bad we have to wait 5 months until the next movie. Next Ultimate (Mega) is Hououmon. I hope Holydramon will be in the 5th movie. The anniversary talking Digivice confirmed Holydramon as Tailmon's Ultimate form. Also, so no one gets confused, in Japan the evolution chart goes as follows: Baby1-Baby-2-Child-Adult-Perfect-Ultimate. There is no Mega level in Japan. Apparently alot of American Digimon fans didn't know this when Mega Evolution was announced for Pokemon X and Y. xD

As always, I'll just wait around for the dub.
The dub will be terrible..Just TERRIBLE. I can't even begin to imagine how they will edit the Japanese text... However...I don't see how it can get much worse than the dub of Digimon Savers and Digimon Xros Wars..Those were horrible. Editing BomberNanemon to be a giant walking orange was a mistake. The music edits were bad as well...and the moods were ruined for emotional scenes. Especially for Sleipmon VS Dukemon..

I feel that Meiko is as useless as Hinata from Naruto. She is a whiny useless character who does nothing and waits around for everyone to save her. She adds NOTHING to the team. Hikari, Mimi, and Sora are WAY more useful than her. But that is obvious.

Last edited by a moderator:

BCVM22

Some of the hate for Meiko is really unpleasant and over-the-top. I think we're collectively more enlightened than that and can do better.

The anniversary talking Digivice confirmed Holydramon as Tailmon's Ultimate form.

And the Digimon Adventure game for PSP "confirmed" her Mega form to be Ophanimon. Hikari's partner has one appearance as Holydramon to her name, but that movie is not canon, and it predated Ophanimon, who is a much better match stylistically alongside Seraphimon. So neither one is "confirmed" and we'll just have to wait and see.

The dub will be terrible..Just TERRIBLE.

It's the very definition of "unnecessary" to make proclamations like this about a dub that doesn't exist for a series that is all of one episode in. Breathe.

Last edited:

Born Better

God of Lightning
The dub will be terrible..Just TERRIBLE. I can't even begin to imagine how they will edit the Japanese text... However...I don't see how it can get much worse than the dub of Digimon Savers and Digimon Xros Wars..Those were horrible. Editing BomberNanemon to be a giant walking orange was a mistake. The music edits were bad as well...and the moods were ruined for emotional scenes. Especially for Sleipmon VS Dukemon..
...Don't start this *censored*. Besides, I've tried watching Digimon in Japanese multiple times and I absolutely hated it everytime. Digimon, Pokemon, DBZ, and the first Yugioh series are some series I need to watch in English. Besides I watch this stuff for my own enjoyment, so I really don't too much care about other people's opinions on the matter...at least until they start attacking me.

Good to see the first episode is alright. Hopefully, it stays that way.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
I actually like Digimon's dubs. Except for Savers. At least Quentin Flynn said "Got it memorized?" one time.

uber gon

Accept Change
Who keeps pictures of their kid wetting the bed? Seriously.

diakyu

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Well, to be fair my mother does have embarassing of me when I was little :p

Lucky me she is not quite tech-savvy and she's probably forget about said pics hahaha