• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Digimon discussion - Digimon Ghost Game now available on Crunchyroll

BCVM22

Two great remixes of Break the Chain between last week and this week. That’s the good stuff. Some probably unable to hear the music over the sound of their own voices but that can’t be helped.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Tanimoto Takayoshi is a great singer. Wish he got a better show (I don't watch outside a few tidbits but reading everyone's remarks are enough to figure out it's not for me)

Hearing all those horror stories about Colon made me regret ever wishing Tomioka to be the main writer of one season. Granted, he got the short end of the deal - a season to pander nostalgia and ruminate the adventure cast for the Nth time - but still dissapointed seeing the writer in charge of some of Pokémon's best series deliver subpar work. The work doesn't even seem on par with what he did on Danball Senki W (checking it on Bandai Spirits' channel. Funny there's a character who is voiced by Ryoko Shiraishi there as well) which also had him as the main writer. And when the show about children's duel dolls does stuff better than digital monsters then something's really off lol

So... Good riddance, Colon. You won't be missed.

And welcome, Ghost Game. May you have the greatness you deserve!

NeoDude-5000

So that's it. That was the end of Digimon Adventure:. I got to say this has been one of the best Digimon anime series in very long time. Was it better than the original? No, it was a bit hit-and-miss in the middle part of the show. Is it among the better shows of the franchise? Yes.

(Really corny speech alert)
Considering that this came out during uncertain times I have to say this. Watching this show took me back to the Saturday mornings watching the original Digimon Adventure. While watching Tai and Agumon save the Digital World it made me feel like we were on a adventure in the Digital World too despite where we really were. This show, and I'm probably not the only one who thinks this, made me into a kid again. For 22 minutes 1 day a week screw covid, screw adulthood, I am a kid again.
(Corny speech over)

So in closing here are some words of advice. Tell your friends who watched the original to check this version out. If you're a parent or uncle or auntie and liked the original make your kids or nephews and nieces watch it when the dub comes out. When it does that is.

Final score for me: 8/10

And one last thing to mention before I say farewell to Tai and company until the 02 movie.
Leomon didn't die this time!

See ya later for Ghost Game. And please be among the non-Adventure shows that's actually great like how Tamers was.

Last edited:

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

NeoDude-5000

Ghost Game stuff time now and good news. It will be simulcasted in Crunchyroll. We also have the artists behind the opening and ending for this series. The opening will be performed be Wienners and the song will be call Faction, and the ending will be performed Aiiro Apollo and is called Pedal. And lastly Naoto Takenaka (Shiki from One Piece, and known to Pokemon fans as Entei in Spell of the Unown) will be this series' narrator, called the Ghost Navigator.

Links:
Ghost Game on Crunchyroll: https://withthewill.net/threads/digimon-ghost-game-simulcast-on-crunchyroll.26352/
Opening and Ending: https://withthewill.net/threads/gho...iiro-apollo-release-info-band-comments.26362/
Entei the Ghost Navigator: https://withthewill.net/threads/gho...ost-navigator-played-by-naoto-takenaka.26361/

UPDATE:
Even bigger news now. Gammamon's digivolutions, well his Champion and Ultimate forms, are now revealed.
4 Champion forms! (Edit 21:30 added the names thanks to updated Dim Card lineup)
Champion 1 Red Dude BethelGammamon: https://images.withthewill.net/iC0321_september30_2021.png
Champion 2 Wingdramon 2.0 KawsGammamon: https://images.withthewill.net/iC0322_september30_2021.png
Champion 3 Monochromon with cannons WezenGammamon: iC0323_september30_2021.png
Champion 4 Dark Champion (an anime first not counting SkullKnightmon) GrusGammamon: https://images.withthewill.net/iC0324_september30_2021.png

And lastly his Ultimate form Canovaismon: https://images.withthewill.net/iC0325_september30_2021.png

These evolutions seem to line up with the Gammamon Dim card that had no Champion Digimon and 1 missing Ultimate. And it's great to hear we're getting alternate Digivolutions for this series. I've been wanting this for a while now.

Gammamon Dim Card Lineup: https://images.withthewill.net/gammamon_full_october1_2021.png
And the other partners have updated Dim Card lineups, oddly they only have 1 champion form each. What!?: https://withthewill.net/threads/angoramon-jellymon-dim-cards-nearly-full-lineup.26378/

Last edited:

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
I hope you're all ready for the thousands of Summer Wars jokes we're going to get thanks to Angoramon.

• Haha
Reactions: i2i

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Man that was amazing. It's so good being able to watch and enjoy Digimon again (suffer on hell, adventure pandering)

But... It's definetely "Yokai Watch Shadow Side but it's Digimon" lol Surprised people bought the whole "we are focusing in horror and stuff" from interviews. I knew from the get go it'd be like Shadow Side, just without some of its issues and it was pretty much it. Still good though

Also, it doesn't help Tamada's Hiro sounds VERY similar to her Akinori

Almost like they mixed the Jinpei-protagonist look with some aspects of Akinori's personality and a liiiitle bit of Touma and Natsume

Gammamon is such a cute. Must protect that thing. I love him. He has elements of Gumdramon, Gatchmon and Guilmon which were all digimon I like so I'm sold lol

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
So on a whim I decided to watch Ghost Game's first ep and...okay I REALLY liked it. It certainly me has me wanting to at least see ep 2 and hopefully the rest of it. Even though it's not the scariest thing in the world, I liked the horror elements to it.

Also I love Gammamon already. I mean, I liked his design from the get-go, and really appreciate that it's more Triceratops in inspiration this time (not that I dislike the T. rex/"default predatory dinos" look), but his personality makes me REALLY like him. I'm looking forward to seeing his higher forms.

Oh, and something I noticed from the opening that may be me assuming things but...
The scene where Gammamon is being thrown off the bridge, the silhoette looks like Etemon. I know we JUST finished Adventure pandering, but I didn't watch it so I'm personally having the silly hope that Etemon will an appearance.

But... It's definetely "Yokai Watch Shadow Side but it's Digimon" lol Surprised people bought the whole "we are focusing in horror and stuff" from interviews. I knew from the get go it'd be like Shadow Side, just without some of its issues and it was pretty much it. Still good though

Huh. Didn't realize that. Though then again I have not seen Yokai Watch Shadow Side. Or, well, beyond I think maybe one episode? Basically I don't really watch Yokai Watch so I can't tell.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
The person who animated the opening said the Digimon were ones he knew and not indicative of who'll appear in the show.

Morax

King of heroes
I have zero knowledge about digimon but flipping through this thread i noticed that some designs are pretty fanservice-y. Is this anime really targeted to the same audience as pokemon?

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Another very good episode.

And just as I thought: it's REALLY "Yokai Watch Shadow Side but it's Digimon". This one leaves no shadow (pun not intended) of doubt in me

All the early "horror" bits in the beggining so everything turns out the digimon the day was just being misguided and was not that bad is something Shadow Side did on a weekly basis.

As for the story

Gammamon is so freaking cute, I love him. Starting with Shoutmon, they've been nailing with the lead digimon. Plus Gammamon is "outcute-in" Gatchmon. How's that possible? Evolution was quite cool though the kid calling out attack names Pokémon-style still sounds a bit off. Should've been both kid and digimon.

NeoDude-5000

I have zero knowledge about digimon but flipping through this thread i noticed that some designs are pretty fanservice-y. Is this anime really targeted to the same audience as pokemon?
Probably more towards teens at the very least. Digimon does have the better shows than Pokemon but the franchise as a whole doesn't competes with Pokemon these days. Even I scratch my head with the fan service designs, except Angewomon she's fine as she is.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I'd say this rivarly thing is more something the fans came up with since they have some similarities - including but not limited to their names - but they are more of "sister franchises" than anything. Both tend to explore their shared concept of "partner monster" in ways the other wouldn't.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
My opinion of Digimon Adventure: is mixed at best. I like individual episodes, but as a whole, I feel very lukewarm to it. Getting angry or happy at it as a whole takes too much energy to muster which is not good.

As for Ghost Game, we have Akira Ishida voicing yet another white-haired character which is just getting hilarious.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Ok I have seen the first two episodes of Ghost game and holy cow I was suprised.

Tamers vibes! Omg but yes the first two episodes revolving around Hiro and Gammamon, the bond they try to build up between them and being the sole focus of the first two episodes, Gammamon as the dumb and cute partner of a more down to earth than usual protagonist. It's the same as it was in Tamers with Takato and Guilmon and I really love it!

Also the setting of the series of the relationship between human and Digimon that can easily turn the series from a comedic dark anime to a seriously dark anime and the general vibes I've got from the first two episodes. What a potential!

I really really really hope they don't **** up and the series using all of it's potential. Can easily become the best Digimon series since Tamers. I am at least more excited than that mediocre attempt of a Adventure remake. And I am also scared, because the director from the remake still is in the cast of Ghost game. Trying to keep my expectations down.

Last edited:

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Today's Digimon Reference Book update features Omegamon Zwart Defeat, Black Galgomon, and Black Rapidmon. None of their artworks are new, btw.

Black Saint Galgomon isn't here, because it was apparently put into the DRB way back in 2016. There are still 3 more recolors from Digimon World - next order- remaining (Red Vdramon, Kyubimon (Silver), Taomon (Silver)). Outside of them, the other last remaining Tamers-era recolor is Black Guilmon.

NeoDude-5000

Hey Bandai look what have to say about Digimon Survive. You know the game we are still waiting for that should've been out by now. They've just stated that the game will be out sometime next year. The full statement is in the link down below. (You better release the game or else!)

Link: https://images.withthewill.net/surviveeng_october28_2021.jpg

UPDATE: Episode titles and summaries have returned fellow trainers and DigiDestined. These are for episodes 6-9.
Episode 6- The Cursed Song (November 14)
In a near future where new technology has developed... If you sing a certain song at a karaoke box, something bizarre happens. While you're in the middle of singing that song, someone's eerie singing joins in before something black and mysterious attacks you, the singer. Ruli Tsukiyono hears about this and drags Hiro Amanokawa and Kiyoshiro Higashimitarai with her to a karaoke room. They discover that the culprit is Sirenmon, who was once a performance singer in the digital world. While Sirenmon's songs were originally a weapon to her, she learned after coming to the human world that songs can emotionally move people and she wanted humans to listen to her songs. Hiro and co are forced to battle with Sirenmon, who can make musical attacks, so they stand up to her in the pseudo-digital world but...?

Episode 7- Bird (November 21)
Something aerial in the shape of a bird is seen throughout various parts of the city. At the same time, a murder of crows appears and attacks pet shops and private houses. Hiro's school and Ruli's friends are among the targeted, and pet birds disappear. What is the mysterious aerial shape that is pulling the strings behind the scenes...? And what's more, a strange young man, Daigo, appears to be in a collaborative relationship with that aerial being. What is their goal? As Hiro and co investigate the spots of the crow attacks, they come to realize Daigo and co's terrible scheme.

Episode 8- Night Parade/Pandemonium (November 28)
Something mysterious occurs on the metropolis expressway. According to eyewitness reports, monsters can be seen racing along the interstate. It came to be called the "night parade (of demons)". Ruli invites Hiro and Kiyoshiro to hang out at a racing kart ground. But abruptly, a Digimon in a race kart appears on the course. The Digimon runs around showily before heading towards the expressway. Hiro and co learn that the monster night parade appearing on the expressway is the work of Digimon, but what exactly is the reason for it?

Episode 9- Twisted Time (December 5th)
Hiro begins to mistake the time and arrive late, or is about to go to bed when several hours have already gone past without him realizing it. For some reason, only Hiro's sense of time is getting messed up. Ruli and co invite him to hang out with them at a library in the suburbs as a change of pace. There, they meet the knowledgeable Bokomon and their assistant Bakumon, who have arrived in the human world. They learn that it is the Clockmon previously encountered who is messing up Hiro's time. He was taking his revenge on Hiro. When Ruli and co leave the library, Clockmon attacks Hiro. But just then, the situation takes a sudden turn.

Last edited:

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Ghost game episode 5 is out...and it's really great.

Jellymon is hillarious and Kiyoshiro in this episode made me realize how much I love these types of characters. It's incredible to say but I love all three tamer as well as all three Digimon partner which is the first time for me. In Tamers there was Henry I didn't liked as much as the other but here, none.

Also Jellymon x Kiyoshiro is real. Yes a female Digimon partner being into her male tamer. Genius.