• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Digimon discussion - Digimon Ghost Game now available on Crunchyroll

Akashin

Speaking of which, I'm currently playing Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: Complete Edition.

It's basically a foursome between Tamers, Data Squad, Shin Megami Tensei - Devil Survivor: Overclocked, and the movie Summer Wars who can't keep making anime references with some not-so subtle points.
Cyber Sleuth is pretty amazing; the story especially I found surprisingly good. I've been waiting for the new Digimon Story they claimed was somewhere in the woodworks back in like 2018 for a long time now.

mockingjay

swift and lol
Does anyone know why all these long running anime have transitioned to extremely young looking kids (i.e. Pokemon, Digimon, Yu-Gi-Oh, Bakugan, etc) - I guess it's more aligned with the target demographic's actual physical proportions but that was never a problem for a lot of us as kids.

Akashin

Only drawback of the games is Nokia, who I find annoying. She just gets very lucky in surviving despite the fact she's not a hacker.
Nokia is... yeah, she isn't great. Arata more than picks up the slack for her though.

Does anyone know why all these long running anime have transitioned to extremely young looking kids (i.e. Pokemon, Digimon, Yu-Gi-Oh, Bakugan, etc) - I guess it's more aligned with the target demographic's actual physical proportions but that was never a problem for a lot of us as kids.
What do you mean? I can't speak for Bakugan, but of all of those examples, only Yu-Gi-Oh! really transitioned so to speak, and even then it was kinda back and forth on that point; Yugi was 17, Judai 15-18, Yusei 20ish?, Yuma 13, Yuya 14, Yusaku 16 and... whoever the current MC is is 11? Pokemon has been pretty consistent in the age of its characters, and Digimon originated as centering on very young kids and has made intermittent attempts at having older characters (the most absurd example being Savers, where 14 year old Masaru and Thoma look roughly similar in age to 18 year old Yoshino).

Last edited:

mockingjay

swift and lol
Nokia is... yeah, she isn't great. Arata more than picks up the slack for her though.

What do you mean? I can't speak for Bakugan, but of all of those examples, only Yu-Gi-Oh! really transitioned so to speak, and even then it was kinda back and forth on that point; Yugi was 17, Judai 15-18, Yusei 20ish?, Yuma 13, Yuya 14, Yusaku 16 and... whoever the current MC is is 11? Pokemon has been pretty consistent in the age of its characters, and Digimon originated as centering on very young kids and has made intermittent attempts at having older characters (the most absurd example being Savers, where 14 year old Masaru and Thoma look roughly similar in age to 18 year old Yoshino).

I meant their physical appearances.

The Mega Champion

Good news everyone, we've got Adventure dub news! Bad news is they're not bring the old dub actors back. Probably to emulate the Japanese cast being new too.

Link: https://withthewill.net/threads/digimon-adventure-english-dub-coming-with-new-cast.27029/
It's just speculation right now. So only time will tell. But hopefully it will happen. I'm just extremely worried that the dub will be extremely bad with a new cast.

Also I feel like the only place for it to really go is Netflix. Unless by some miracle it airs on Toonami or something (unlikely)

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
It took us about 40 days, but we finally have new Digimon for Digimon Reference Book. They are the Awaken forms of Sistermons. Ciel's design is of course completely new.
The Sistermon situation is such a mess. I'm not sure if making Ciel "canon" was the best move since it just increases the likelihood of all three appearing together in Japanese products which will create yet another headache when it comes to localization. It's already weird enough to see the censored cards with all three of them in where Noir is edited out in the international releases.

The Mega Champion

It's officially one week until Digimon Con. At this point... all I can really do (all anyone can do I suppose) is just hope for the best. Here are my hopes and dreams. Feel free to post yours too if you feel like it.

Update on 02 movie (revealed last year)
English Dub for Adventure 2020 confirmed (speculated and rumored. Unknown. Not sure where it would go other than Netflix unless they shock everyone and it ends up on Toonami or something)
English Dub for Ghost Game confirmed? (doubtful tbh. If it took this long to potentially dub the reboot it will likely take just as long for Ghost Game to get dubbed)
Digimon Survive re-reveal with release date confirmation (The re-reveal seems likely. It's just unknown if they'll give a solid date or not. tbh... we need one at this point. It'll be featured in one way or another for sure because they wouldn't have specifically mentioned it by name in the question form if it wasn't. I'm hoping for a solid and specific release date but that seems more like a pipe dream than anything else)
Teaser/reveal of the next Digimon console game after Digimon Survive (seems unlikely tbh. They probably want to focus on one game at a time but considering how long they've made us wait for Survive... I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility for them to 'make up for it' so to speak with a teaser or reveal of the next Digimon game that will be coming out after Survive. At best they'll give a 2023 release window or at worst they'll just give the 'now in development' text)

As far as other stuff... I'm expecting some of the other mobile games to come over to the U.S. Digimon Super Rumble seems like an obvious one but stuff like New Century might come over as well as whatever the new one is that's being worked on for China or whatever.

Anyway post yours if you feel like it. Or don't. I just don't want to look like an idiot at this point. *goes to sob in a nearby corner* ;-;

Slightly important edit:

Reminder tweet!! :eek:

Last edited:

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Good news everyone, we've got Adventure dub news! Bad news is they're not bring the old dub actors back. Probably to emulate the Japanese cast being new too.

Link: https://withthewill.net/threads/digimon-adventure-english-dub-coming-with-new-cast.27029/
I'd rather they replace the entire cast since half the cast in tri had been replaced anyway, and Michael Lindsay and Philece Sampler are no longer with us. Even if Joshua Seth were able to stay, the Taichi in the reboot is a completely different character from the original Adventure Taichi. Just wouldn't be the same.

If they're smart, they might give them voice cameos for other characters, but lol doubt it.

The Mega Champion

I was actually about to post that if no one else had lol. But yeah.

I AM SOMEHOW MORE NERVOUS THAN BEFORE NOW o_O

The Mega Champion

Well the game segment is over. I'm just waiting for the anime segment now.

They showed A LOT of stuff from Digimon Survive. Problem is... there's still no release date. All they did was ask fans to 'wait a little longer' and that they would share more 'soon' but didn't say how soon 'soon' actually is.

This is the official excuse for the issues. It doesn't make me feel any better.

I guess it's time to just be hyped for XC3 and maybe FFXVI instead

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
Not profitable enough, I bet lmao.
Yeah, Xros Wars had pretty poor ratings towards the end of its run and with the toyline stopping after the midpoint as well they probably thought it wasn't worth continuing. Tamers I think Konaka mentioned that Toei wasn't interested, but I don't know where he said it so don't quote me on that.

Also, they just confirmed a new dub for the Adventure 2020 series. New cast with Zeno Robinson confirmed for Tai and Ben Diskin for Agumon. I'm hoping for the best for it as while 2020 isn't popular among the fandom, if it does well that means the franchise gets a healthy influx of new fans as well as dubs of future series (I'm personally rooting for Ghost Game).

BCVM22

Anything about the new 02 movie?

Some rough character art of Daisuke, and the year in which the film takes place, which is 2012.

Poor Zeno. First he voices the controversial Goh, and now the controversial new take on Tai.
Neither of these is especially controversial. And the guy gets to tell people he's a Pokémon trainer and a Digimon Chosen Child, I suspect he's probably okay with his lot in life.