• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Digimon discussion - Digimon Ghost Game now available on Crunchyroll

togepikindness

SILVER IS THE BEST POKEDEX HOLDER
Stories told through the Digimon anime (the official source, except Xros Wars and its sequel) are naturally darker than the cupcakes and rainbows stories the Pokemon anime has.

I can't say for sure what happens in the Digimon manga, but the Pokemon mangas are darker in this medium (though it completely goes off the rails with the established story lines) except they're not the real interpretations.
Mainly cause the Pokemon manga was based off the games, not really the anime. The bad thing is that the manga goes down after Black and White, but despite this it's very enjoyable for me and rereadable.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
You guys still keeping up with ghost game?

This latest episode was really cool with how >!they teamed up with clockmon and mummymon when the digimon partners were out of commission. Also wenzelgammamon is like my fav evo for gammamon now. His super attack was of course impressive, but I was way more impressed with his tail attack on the other two partners a moment later lol, that was perfect for him.!<

Also next episode? OMG yes I love pomumon evos and after we get to see ajatarmon, I am so hoping we get bloomlordmon too in the future!!!

Last edited:

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Still watching it every week. Episode was very good as usual.

My only issue was
Hiro not suggesting the spicy food strategy to deal with Angolamon and Jellymon.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
This show never stops surprising me. I wanted them to gain a new friend... not experience more hardship gaaaah. But its really starting to shine through as my new favourite digimon series.

Next episode looks like itll be... interesting

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Well 24 episodes in Ghost Game are done and while the story progression until now is very VERY slow, I have strong feelings that this will be tied with Tamers as my favourite series.

I can't say why exactly but all episodes have been extremly fun. It's a weird but enjoyable mix between horror and comedy, while in key moments, the series turns actually extremly dark and unsettling. Latest episode is the perfect example.

I've seen theories about the future plot and how good things are asigning for these theories to turn out true. We could get the best story in that case. I love the characters, the soundtrack, the flair, the artstyle. Just everything.

I've seen people saying that the series will be longer than usual since there's still no confirmation about the length of GG. This would explain why the story is yet to start at least.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I'm hopefull it will be at least as long as Colon.

And it has to be. If that cheap nostalgia pandering could last over 60 episodes, so can the entry that's actually good.

Either way, last week's episode was amazing. I wasn't expecting the digimon of the week's motivation nor that ending.

What makes the series be so well is the cast is very well balanced - to the point I won't mind if there's not a 4th tamer at all lol - and we see them develop connections beyond human/digipartner. Also, they balance well the horror aspect with the fact it's still a (kind of) kids' show. It's everything OLM and Hino wanted out of Yokai Watch Shadow Side.

(minus the female lead but Ruri's been quite good so far. Not as good as Ruki and Eri but she has the chance of getting there)

NeoDude-5000

Right clip show over let's read about the next batch of episodes shall we.

Episode 25- Crimson Banquet (May 15)
Using crimson as its image color, the comprehensive brand "Esse Vu" has rapidly gained popularity for its accessories, clothing, sweets, and so on. However, the CEO of this company, a man named "Kyogoku Aviel" is actually a vampiric Digimon named Vamdemon. Esse Vu was the "bloodsucking tower" homebase of Vamdemon's, with the purpose of gathering beautiful women influencers to suck their blood and manipulate them through his bats. Ruli Tsukiyono, invited to Esse Vu's headquarters as a popular influencer, discovers this fact. While Ruli evades having her blood sucked, she manages to escape to the roof. Hiro Amanokawa and the gang enter Esse Vu's headquarters to save Ruli when they are attacked by Vamdemon.

Episode 26- Hungry House (May 22)
One day, Angoramon reunites with Digitamamon, who was his best friend in the Digital World. Digitamamon tells him that he lives alone in an empty house. Angoramon immediately brings Ruli with him to visit. At first, the conversation is friendly, but Digitamamon's behavior gradually turns strange. Meanwhile, Hiro and the gang learn of an eerie rumor about the vacant house where Digitamamon lives.

Episode 27- Essence of Beauty (May 29)
While looking up urban legends on the internet, Hiro comes upon a post titled "Called by Water." It is said that the sound of water dripping is heard, as though beckoning a person, and people who have been "called by water" several times have disappeared without a trace. This event gradually grows more frequent, until Niijima, the caretaker of Hiro's dormitory, is "called by water." Hiro and Gammamon, who are there when it happens, see Splashmon turn Niijima into a ball of water. They chase after Splashmon, who can move freely through the water supply, in order to save Niijima, but...?!

Episode 28- Face-Snatcher (June 5)
Hiro and the gang, concerned that their classmate Kotaro Nomura has been holed up in his dorm for several days, go to check on him. They find Kotaro languishing in darkness in his room, wearing a mask that covers his face from the nose up. The bottom half beneath that mask was a featureless face. It was Ashuramon, a grotesque-looking Digimon, who was attacking people and taking their faces. Ashuramon wears the faces it steals like a mask, in order to taste human emotion. Its evil actions escalate, and as its victims grow weaker and weaker, Ruli and Kiyoshiro Higashimitarai also fall prey.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
apparently Espimon is a new trademarked name for a digimon and people are thinking it might be a fourth characters partner digimon

I’m curious who will save them all in episode 28!

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
My God, what's this show? It's so darn good

They really put a red herring and turned this into Canoweissmon's glorious debut. And it was so good because they tricked the audience into thinking we'd be getting Gulus again but it was actually the long-awaited perfect level Shirakura would say we are supposed to NOT know about. And it came with the Gulus plot still ongoing. Bravo, Ghost Game. It's making the show unpredictable and different than everything before.

I like they used the lore from Canoweissmon entry in the VB Lab app about he hating dirty tricks and cheating. Truly a heroic digivolution just like Betel!

Digivolving against Miyotismon/Vamdemon is so poetic all things considered.

And First Riders is still the evolution theme. Interesting. 02, Tamers, Frontier, Xros Wars and Colors are the only ones so far with more than 1 theme

Now, I guess the resolution of Gulus' plot is coming with the yet-to-be-revealed final form (Shirakura's gonna freak out)

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if it's Angolamon's turn next week. Or maybe even Jellymon's for even more surprises

And nearly forgetting but they brought Dracumon back... Just to get rid of him lol Not going to lie, but I wish SymbaaAngolamon finish it off but at least, it's one hurdle out of the way....

I saw people complained it felt unearned on a Ruri focused episode but I disagree.

For starters, it doesn't really feel a Ruri focused episode (the one with Sleepmon is more fitting if you ask me even though she shared it with Kiyoshiro). She was just the one that would be the most logical step to kickstart the plot.

We've seen Gammamon's and Hiro's bond evolving over the series, with the second Gulus appearance showing him being less "wild" than the first. I think the way they did felt more like a natural progression than anything.

I'll agree Dracumon's demise was dissapointing though

NeoDude-5000

My God, what's this show? It's so darn good

They really put a red herring and turned this into Canoweissmon's glorious debut. And it was so good because they tricked the audience into thinking we'd be getting Gulus again but it was actually the long-awaited perfect level Shirakura would say we are supposed to NOT know about. And it came with the Gulus plot still ongoing. Bravo, Ghost Game. It's making the show unpredictable and different than everything before.

I like they used the lore from Canoweissmon entry in the VB Lab app about he hating dirty tricks and cheating. Truly a heroic digivolution just like Betel!

Digivolving against Miyotismon/Vamdemon is so poetic all things considered.

And First Riders is still the evolution theme. Interesting. 02, Tamers, Frontier, Xros Wars and Colors are the only ones so far with more than 1 theme

Now, I guess the resolution of Gulus' plot is coming with the yet-to-be-revealed final form (Shirakura's gonna freak out)

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if it's Angolamon's turn next week. Or maybe even Jellymon's for even more surprises

And nearly forgetting but they brought Dracumon back... Just to get rid of him lol Not going to lie, but I wish SymbaaAngolamon finish it off but at least, it's one hurdle out of the way....

I saw people complained it felt unearned on a Ruri focused episode but I disagree.

For starters, it doesn't really feel a Ruri focused episode (the one with Sleepmon is more fitting if you ask me even though she shared it with Kiyoshiro). She was just the one that would be the most logical step to kickstart the plot.

We've seen Gammamon's and Hiro's bond evolving over the series, with the second Gulus appearance showing him being less "wild" than the first. I think the way they did felt more like a natural progression than anything.

I'll agree Dracumon's demise was dissapointing though
About time! We finally have the Ultimate level forms appearing. (Haven't watched this weeks episode yet) And they kept the "Super Evolve!" phrase too. I actually like it that way.

And now some V-Jump gossip. Including card game, a new character in Survive and Frontier anniversary stuff.
Link: https://withthewill.net/threads/dig...-survive-frontier-20th-updates-figures.27540/

And lastly to those who do play the card game. Do you like Tamers (I do), do you also like Adventure (I definitely do), do you fancy a alternate artwork of the new starter deck aces (sure I guess). Well good news, a new Digimon Card Game box including 4 Digital Hazard packs, 1 promo card, and a Adventure partner miniature is coming in July.
Link: https://world.digimoncard.com/produ...y3coiK0KRHErUzt1TT6cSVVbKbK9891NZLrB_CC0H1sns

Last edited:

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

DrewHLMW

I've enjoyed this series and the ultimate evolution was an unusually long wait but after 26 episodes when is the main plot going to arrive.

NeoDude-5000

I found this. I think you might be interested in this one. The original proposals for the Digimon anime.

Link: https://digimon-partners.net/content/magazine/5712/

UPDATE:

OK whoever said there will be a new Digimon called Espimon. Well Saikyo Jump has just revealed it: Epsimon: https://images.withthewill.net/saikyoteaser_june1_2022.jpg

It's also said to be a important character in Ghost Game and more it is to be revealed next week. So I guess this means we've got our 4th partner Digimon.

And lastly great news for us Englishmen the Vital Bracelet is finally coming to the west. Under the name Vital Hero and its out next month.
Link: https://withthewill.net/threads/vit...-bracelet-in-july-new-dims-colors-more.27577/

Last edited:
Curious question about Digimon Xros wars: why isn't The Hunters Who Leapt Through Time actually dubbed in English language and other languages?

BCVM22

Because dubbing the first two series of Xros Wars didn't produce enough revenue or interest for any party to warrant putting up money to dub the third series. That's almost always the answer.

Right. I already knew that Digimon Xros wars, the Anime version isn't that good but is the manga version better than the Anime version?

DrewHLMW

They seem to have absolutely no interest in bringing in any kind of main plot at all. its almost 30 episodes, the ghost stories where fun but its time to start developing the main plot.