• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Digimon discussion - Digimon Ghost Game now available on Crunchyroll

NeoDude-5000

They seem to have absolutely no interest in bringing in any kind of main plot at all. its almost 30 episodes, the ghost stories where fun but its time to start developing the main plot.
Yeah the plot really needs to actually start. And based on what these new summaries imply, well you better have hopes for Angoramon and Jellymon's Ultimate forms to make an appearance. At least they can keep us engaged.

Episode 29- Monster Pollen (June 12)
One afternoon, Kiyoshiro Higashimitarai and his partner Jellymon meet a lost girl named Yuina at a department store. Yuina becomes fond of Kiyoshiro by strange coincidence, and he tries to take her to the lost child center, but gets attacked by Kodokugumon on the way. A swarm of Kodokugumon attack the people while hiding in the shadows. There's a thick fog surrounding the department store, so even if they tried to run, they wouldn't be able to see their way around outside to escape. Hiro Amanokawa and Ruli Tsukiyono hear about the commotion of a thick fog covering a singular corner of the city and arrive at the scene. Unable to get in contact with Kiyoshiro, Angoramon flies up to the skies to check out the situation when he senses the presence of a particular Digimon.

Episode 30- Bad Influence (June 19)
ExTyranomon and WaruMonzaemon suddenly appear before Kayono Aramaki, a junior high school student who's been skipping school. The two cozy up towards Kayono, asking to play. At first, Kayono is confused, but gradually warms up to them when they turn Kayono's nagging father and homeroom teacher into dolls. As their friendship grows, ExTyranomon and WaruMonzaemon also grow in stature. Kayono's childhood friend, Aoi, visits Kayono's home, but Aoi is also turned into a doll. Ruli gets worried when she suddenly can't get in contact with Aoi, and contacts Hiro to begin a search for Aoi. They find a suspicious Hologram Ghost shaped like a yellow bear and follow it. Meanwhile, Kayono, accompanied by ExTyranomon and WaruMonzaemon, wander through the town, changing people they pass in the streets and people in the park into dolls. They begin to play a cruel game with the dolls.

Episode 31- Tsujigiri (June 26)
A "tsujigiri Digimon" appears, attacking both humans and Digimon left and right with an eerie sword in hand. On the very night that Angoramon learns about it, he runs into the tsujigiri Digimon by pure coincidence. But the truth was that the Digimon wasn't the culprit; whoever holds the sword gets changed into a tsujigiri. When Angoramon touches the sword, he is driven by the urge to slay someone. Will Angoramon be transformed into the dread tsujigiri Digimon?!

Episode 32- Who Are You (July 3)
The peaceful everyday routine of Hiro's partner Gammamon is slowly disrupted. He's stood up by his friend Gotsumon and Hiro says he saw him in a place where he wasn't supposed to be. Then one day, when he returns to Hiro's room after a day out, he finds another Gammamon there. "I'm Gammamon!" he claims, but neither Hiro, Ruli, or Kiyoshiro believe him. They think the other Gammamon is the real Gammamon. Having lost the place he belongs, Gammamon wanders around in sorrow... The other Gammamon is Betsumon in disguise, whose goal is to take Gammamon's place and together with its fellow Betsumon crew, plans to take over the dormitory. When Gammamon returns to the dormitory, he learns of the Betsumons' plan and tries to tell Hiro about it.
/SPOILER]

Last edited:

DrewHLMW

32 episodes, thats just being ridiculous now. is this show lasting longer than the standard 1 year?

i wanna know how hiro's dad got to the digital world, what is he doing there, what exactly is galus planning, why is blacktailmon helping on occasion, why was blackagumon watching them 20 episodes ago. explain this already.

all the evil ultimate digimon we've faced so far seem to have some grander goal and have mostly escaped like the devil mon who's name i've forgot, or myotismon and his two buddies, develop this stuff already

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Today's Digimon Reference Book update is Thetismon.
She is so beautiful. Seeing her in action made me so happy and she's definitely one of my new top favourite feminine digimon. She is 100% goddess-sama. I want her in a game to use with angewomon and beastmon!

Yeah the plot really needs to actually start. And based on what these new summaries imply, well you better have hopes for Angoramon and Jellymon's Ultimate forms to make an appearance. At least they can keep us engaged.

Episode 29- Monster Pollen (June 12)
One afternoon, Kiyoshiro Higashimitarai and his partner Jellymon meet a lost girl named Yuina at a department store. Yuina becomes fond of Kiyoshiro by strange coincidence, and he tries to take her to the lost child center, but gets attacked by Kodokugumon on the way. A swarm of Kodokugumon attack the people while hiding in the shadows. There's a thick fog surrounding the department store, so even if they tried to run, they wouldn't be able to see their way around outside to escape. Hiro Amanokawa and Ruli Tsukiyono hear about the commotion of a thick fog covering a singular corner of the city and arrive at the scene. Unable to get in contact with Kiyoshiro, Angoramon flies up to the skies to check out the situation when he senses the presence of a particular Digimon.

Episode 30- Bad Influence (June 19)
ExTyranomon and WaruMonzaemon suddenly appear before Kayono Aramaki, a junior high school student who's been skipping school. The two cozy up towards Kayono, asking to play. At first, Kayono is confused, but gradually warms up to them when they turn Kayono's nagging father and homeroom teacher into dolls. As their friendship grows, ExTyranomon and WaruMonzaemon also grow in stature. Kayono's childhood friend, Aoi, visits Kayono's home, but Aoi is also turned into a doll. Ruli gets worried when she suddenly can't get in contact with Aoi, and contacts Hiro to begin a search for Aoi. They find a suspicious Hologram Ghost shaped like a yellow bear and follow it. Meanwhile, Kayono, accompanied by ExTyranomon and WaruMonzaemon, wander through the town, changing people they pass in the streets and people in the park into dolls. They begin to play a cruel game with the dolls.

Episode 31- Tsujigiri (June 26)
A "tsujigiri Digimon" appears, attacking both humans and Digimon left and right with an eerie sword in hand. On the very night that Angoramon learns about it, he runs into the tsujigiri Digimon by pure coincidence. But the truth was that the Digimon wasn't the culprit; whoever holds the sword gets changed into a tsujigiri. When Angoramon touches the sword, he is driven by the urge to slay someone. Will Angoramon be transformed into the dread tsujigiri Digimon?!

Episode 32- Who Are You (July 3)
The peaceful everyday routine of Hiro's partner Gammamon is slowly disrupted. He's stood up by his friend Gotsumon and Hiro says he saw him in a place where he wasn't supposed to be. Then one day, when he returns to Hiro's room after a day out, he finds another Gammamon there. "I'm Gammamon!" he claims, but neither Hiro, Ruli, or Kiyoshiro believe him. They think the other Gammamon is the real Gammamon. Having lost the place he belongs, Gammamon wanders around in sorrow... The other Gammamon is Betsumon in disguise, whose goal is to take Gammamon's place and together with its fellow Betsumon crew, plans to take over the dormitory. When Gammamon returns to the dormitory, he learns of the Betsumons' plan and tries to tell Hiro about it.
/SPOILER]
episode 31 will obviously have lamortmon as he has swords and has a ruthless nature but can be tamed by someone with a deep bond which is clearly what they're building up to there. My guess is Musyamon or Zanbamon as the samurai since Musyamon has a demon sword but Zanbamon is its perfect form though so it may show up instead as we've had perfects as the opponents to the partner's perfect forms debut. It'll probably be a two digimon thing where musyamon's sword ends up in the wrong hands.

Episode 32 seems to be about testing gammamon's and hiro's bond and gammamon having to do more growing alone. This episode will be about growth then obviously. After this I could definitely see them starting the main plot slowly but I hope they don't jump RIGHT into it since it has been so slow, which I am liking for a digimon series so far. I hate betsumon with a passion though so this will be horribly interesting.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Best thing about this week's episode

Herissmon shows up! Honestly, for as good of an episode as it was and Thetismon evolution feeling more earned and better built up than CanoWeissmon, seeing Herissmon on screen made the episode for me... And everything else was secundary lol

However, I had my issues with:

- Voice didn't fit. Not just because I'm too used with Risa Taneda but I've grown to expect him to be more child-like, even it's technically the same thing as Gammamon (or the other way around since ReArise came before Ghost Game)

- Animation was a bit weird. His head was too big. Looked a bit too SD

- The few we've seen of his personality gave me kind of Sonic vibes for some reason (probably a combo of same animal motif plus the pose) which threw me off a bit.
OK whoever said there will be a new Digimon called Espimon. Well Saikyo Jump has just revealed it: Epsimon: https://images.withthewill.net/saikyoteaser_june1_2022.jpg

It's also said to be a important character in Ghost Game and more it is to be revealed next week. So I guess this means we've got our 4th partner Digimon.
While I don't rule out a 4th tamer, I don't think it's really that needed right now. I'd say the main cast is fairly well balanced so far.
Because dubbing the first two series of Xros Wars didn't produce enough revenue or interest for any party to warrant putting up money to dub the third series. That's almost always the answer.
It doesn't help Saban tried to sell the show with the same mindset from the 90's, early 2000's.

To make matters worse, that's the version my country got. For Adventure - Savers, we've gotten the japanese version and only used dub content for terms (digievolution) and names (Tai, Tommy, etc). Basically, we got Marcus Damon but the Bombernanimon episode had the original design from japanese broadcast on it... Except the digimon itself was called Citramon lol

Right. I already knew that Digimon Xros wars, the Anime version isn't that good but is the manga version better than the Anime version?
The manga.

It's the rare case where the manga adaptation actually end up being a vastly better product.

I was just thinking about it these days: It's ironic Toei/Bandai hired Riku Sanjo as the main writer, hoping he'd make a new Dragon Quest Dai's Adventure out of it but in the end, he didn't deliever. Whoever, the manga was far effective on delievering just that. It even managed to incorporate the anniversary elements into the narrative more organically. And it celebrated franchise as a role. They mention Takato and Marcus but also use characters like UltraforceV-dramon (from V-Tamer manga, I assume) and Coronamon/Lunamon (from the games) in semi-major roles.

I like some of the changes it did like ditching Yuu/Ewan and replacing him with Kotone (calling her Lyra as a homage to Pokémon :p). The arc about the digimon getting human disguises was a fun bit too. And to top it of, manga gave evolutions to Ballistamon, Dorulumon and even Sparrowmon. Shoutmon EX6 was way more hype than X7 ever was.

My only issue is it's been taken from us too soon. Four volumes simply wasn't enough. I'll always be curious how Yuuki Nakashima would've handled Tagiru and Gumdramon once he had the chance to use them. Just thinking about the potential of the idea makes me sad it didn't go on. I can see him making the Hunters games A LOT more interesting.
I think we might see a major development in story after we get Angolamon's evolution. That would even coincide with the recent Espimon reveal.

Also, for some reason, I'm feeling Ghost Game might run for more than 50 episodes. Specially now they are about to launch a new version of the Vital Bracelet. Just a wishful guess though

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I'm excited for the new Digivice V. Glad Bandai is doing what they did for Yokai Watch and had the gadget be upgradable

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Very interesting! Espimon and it's UFO evo, but sadly no full line. I personally wouldn't get these DM cards out of the others as the digimon choices are so random even though I like them all separately.

We also got two new ultimates/perfects, the inbetween of musyamon and zanbamon, and then a weird fusion of minotaurmon and dokugumon..

Also seems like they just threw in Digitamamon, Piximon, Asuramon, and blackgatomon because they're from ghost game, which makes me curious if raremon's evo and manticoremon (one of my favs) will show up soon.

So what’s the possibility of lilithmon or any other evil Digimon being in Digimon ghost game anyway?
Last time Lilithmon appeared was in Digimon xros wars and Digimon xros wars was a mess already.

NeoDude-5000

I had a hunch that what happened with Canoweissmon a couple episodes back might be because of the Digivice V not being powerful enough to sustain that form. So basically the Digivice VV is the solution to fix the problem. A bit like what happened in Data Squad when the DATS team's digivices broke when their almost achieved Mega for the first time and had then fixed and upgraded into the Digivice Burst

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Very interesting! Espimon and it's UFO evo, but sadly no full line.
Since the watch will be upgradable, I'm confident we'll get his later evolutions via update.
I had a hunch that what happened with Canoweissmon a couple episodes back might be because of the Digivice V not being powerful enough to sustain that form. So basically the Digivice VV is the solution to fix the problem. A bit like what happened in Data Squad when the DATS team's digivices broke when their almost achieved Mega for the first time and had then fixed and upgraded into the Digivice Burst
I think the same.

Also, there's a precedent for that as it's exactly what happened on Appmon. Globemon and the other ultimate grades had a time limit but once the kids got the Applidriver Duo, that was removed.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
So what’s the possibility of lilithmon or any other evil Digimon being in Digimon ghost game anyway?
Last time Lilithmon appeared was in Digimon xros wars and Digimon xros wars was a mess already.
Hard to say at this time so far besides the villains of the day we got a couple of black variant Digimon spies that could be lackeys of the series big bad.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Hard to say at this time so far besides the villains of the day we got a couple of black variant Digimon spies that could be lackeys of the series big bad.

My reading is that they are going for a "dark is not evil" with GulusGammamon and the black variant digimon observing him and Hiro. On both his appearances, we've seen it killing REALLY bad digimon who were actually killing other digimon/people. I assume Gammamon's mega evolution will involve him acccepting that part of his.

It’s hard to believe me for saying that Digimon Data Squad is the sonic 2006 of Digimon season while it wasn’t the best season either but it was underrated series but too bad it was forgotten in favor of Digimon xros wars which is also hated too but hey, at least Digimon xros wars got lilithmon

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
It’s hard to believe me for saying that Digimon Data Squad is the sonic 2006 of Digimon season while it wasn’t the best season either but it was underrated series but too bad it was forgotten in favor of Digimon xros wars which is also hated too but hey, at least Digimon xros wars got lilithmon
I'm pretty sure DDS was pretty good and was nowhere close to being the Sonic 06 of Digimon.

That "honor" goes to Fusion's sequel or Frontiers.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Wow this episode today was a bit creepy. They did such a good job with extyrannomon and warumonzaemon, between the voices and the animation, they really hit it on the spot with the creepy. Also really cool to see them all, including monzaemon, in actual battle action. They werent stiff dolls the whole time, so it was neat.

Also looks like people are starting to realize about what digimon are. I have a feeling this will be a theme and the main story wont start until after digimon become a bit normalized, or at least people know what they are.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
While Pokémon's been putting mediocrioty lately, Digimon keeps delievering!

Hiro got only an added scene for Canoweissmon but Kiyoshiro has a complete new scene. I assume Ruri's going to change completly too once we get Lamortmon.

The digimon of the week weren't scary at all. Kayono on another hand... She'd be a perfect villain for the season so kind of dissapointed all's been solved today

"Gam-chan" should've been "Gammie". Stop trying trying to shoehorn honorifics on languages that don't have them.

Either way, another episode with lovely, wholesome Gammamon scenes. I tend to pause the show to screenshot those. So precious

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
I'm pretty sure DDS was pretty good and was nowhere close to being the Sonic 06 of Digimon.

That "honor" goes to Fusion's sequel or Frontiers.
I'll give you Hunters, but Frontier does not deserve that slander.