• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Digimon discussion - Digimon Ghost Game now available on Crunchyroll

Taodragon

Training Anaylst

Digimon Con is being ran back for 2023 and honestly I couldn't be happier.

But don't worry I won't be hyping it up this time lol. I'll have my expectations where they should properly be. In other words... extremely low lol. Doesn't mean I'm still not looking forward to it and have some hopes for things.

At worst all they will do is shill the Switch port of Digimon World Next Order but I am hoping they show something/ANYTHING from the next Digimon Story game.

Let's hope they also reveal, confirm, and announce when and where the Digimon Adventure 2020 english dub will be released because it will have been pretty much a full year since it was originally announced.

Honestly... at the end of the day... I'm just glad they are doing it again. I hope all of you plan on supporting this as much as I do lol

I'm glad to see Digimon Con is coming back, but I hope it's better managed. I don't know why they led with the video game section when it only had one thing to announce and a fair chunk of it was dedicated to a Q&A that put a damper on the rest of the show. As long as we get more information on the next Story game and the 2020 dub though I'll be happy, though I wouldn't say no to some more Ghost Game merch (especially the Champion forms, I want most of those).

Trey pokes

I especially want to know more about the upcoming 2020 English Dub since they have Goh's VA from the Journeys Dub and am curious where they'll air let alone stream this on.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Do you know who Goh's VA will playing on Colon's dub?

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Goh and Tai? Now, that's interesting.

Reminds me that my country's dub for Frontier got Ash's VA to play... Takuya. And that was way before Ms. Junko voiced Origins!Red

Another thing I reminds is that Yuko Sanpei - reboot!Tai - voiced Brendan on Pokémon Masters.

I really like when we get cases like this

NeoDude-5000

Wow. Siriusmon really kicked some ass. Guns that fold up into blades is pretty awesome. He's basically WarGreymon and BlitzGreymon put together. Also even his reference book bio states that he's part of the Virus Busters. He's really more of a WarGreymon 2.0, 3.0, how many successors has he had now?

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Another good episode

I assume Kotaro will just assume everything was a dream?

Surprised they didn't mention Bakumon could travel through Hiro's smartphone. Feels either an oversight or something they thought we'd forget because they wanted Ginryumon to do something.

Guess we'll be hearing of Lilithmon again. I'm confident she'll be showing up on the episode Gulus syncs with hero for the final form.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
this episode was honestly so good. Ancientsphynxmon did not disappoint, and even pharoahmon almost appeared! I had a feeling that this was going to be the plot tbh, but I also thought mummymon was going to be controlled by the bad guys so I'm happy he was good and helped. The team battle was well choreographed, diarrbitmon was amazing too. SO happy to get him so soon, which makes me curious on when we will get jellymon's. Next episode looks cool too, shogungeckomon in action looks like it'll be fun.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
After Hiro and Kiyo were taken, I figured Ruli would be saving the day with Angola's supreme evolution.

Surprised it took them that long to explain her thing with the piano and a bit of what her goals are though.

Anyway, I'm glad they were quicker with her getting a new evo this time. Come to think about it, she is the second to get her digimon so it makes sense for her to be the second to go all the way to mega.

Espimon's line about wanting to evolve too... Interesting. He does have an original evo in the VB so I guess that's going to happen at some point. I wonder who will evolve him though... Unless his evo is spontaneous like Ryudamon's?

New ending was kind of meh. Not a fan of the music and the visuals let a bit to be desired. As for right now, I'm getting the full version for the sake of supporting the show. Let's see if full version changes my mind...

NeoDude-5000

How many episodes are we going to have? At this rate Ghost Game will surpass Adventure: by having the most episodes. Also did Adventure: have 5 endings if I recall correctly?

Episode 59- Jiraiya (January 15th)
Kiyoshiro Higashimitarai goes to the countryside for IT-related work, where he meets Meru Aiba, a woman with otaku hobbies, and hits it off with her immediately. Meru invites Kiyoshiro to go see a performance together, called the "Kuraishi Sentai Jiraiyaz." That's where they encounter the giant frog hologram ghost, TonosamaGekomon, and its henchman Gekomon. Kiyoshiro shows up with such vigor that TonosamaGekomon mistakes him for a Jiraiya and forcefully puts Kiyoshiro on his back to exterminate villains. Every time Kiyoshiro feels fear, he's slowly pulled into TonosamaGekomon's back and loses freedom of his limbs. His back is covered with the faces of other humans that he's absorbed into his body in this way. Meanwhile, Hiro Amanokawa and co. hear from Meru that Kiyoshiro has been taken away, and go into the city in search of him. However, Meru tails them, finding their behavior suspicious.

Episode 60- Water Ghost (January 22nd)
Hiro and co. visit a seaside town, where they come across a strange rain. When people are drenched by this rain, they drown and their bodies stiffen, vomiting up water from their mouth and eyes. The rain was "Digital Water" created by a group of Hangyomon. The city is soon submerged in Digital Water, and Hiro and co. take refuge in a park on high ground. That's where they find out about the "mummy-like object that was discovered two weeks ago," and they go to the shrine where it is propped in. The mummy-like object turns out to be Cthyllamon, their body dried up from being on land. Absorbing the Digital Water revives Cthyllamon, and it renders Hiro and Ruli Tsukiyono powerless, stiffening their bodies and making them vomit water, before joining up with its Hangyomon minions. Cthyllamon makes it their mission to have all humans over the world vomit water, and dives into the Digital Water's sea. Kiyoshiro and Thetismon go in pursuit, but Cthyllamon's attacks put them in near mortal peril. Just then, Kiyoshiro and Thetismon's wills synchronize... - I bet we all know happens next

Episode 61- Revival (January 29th)
Ruli's friend Kotoha asks to meet her for some advice, so she goes with Hiro and Kiyoshiro to visit her. They find a woman's dead body lying in the bed of Kotoha's older brother's room. The woman's name is Manami, and she is Kotoha's brother's fiancee who passed away from an accident a few days ago. Ruli and co. are horrified to learn that Kotoha's brother brought Manami's body back home without telling anyone, and that the body moves around on its own at night. What's more, ever since her brother brought Manami back, strange things keep happening inside the house. Ruli and co. decide to stay at the house to determine the cause, but they get caught up in a series of strange incidents.

Episode 62- The Phantom Floor (February 5th)
Ruli's best friend, Aoi Udagawa, lives in a high-rise apartment building where weird things are said to be happening. The residents are scared and begin to move out in droves, while the building is called "Fear Condo" on the internet. Aoi asks Ruli to investigate. When Ruli and Aoi arrive at the apartment building and go on the elevator, they hear a suspicious sound of a lock clicking, and the elevator stops at the 13.5th floor. Aoi is terrified, saying that there is no such floor. When the doors open, they find themselves in a strange place that they'd never seen before.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
The current winner of episode count is Xros Wars sitting at 79 episodes. The Hunters arc is often mislabelled as something separated but it's actually an arc.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
After Hiro and Kiyo were taken, I figured Ruli would be saving the day with Angola's supreme evolution.

Surprised it took them that long to explain her thing with the piano and a bit of what her goals are though.

Anyway, I'm glad they were quicker with her getting a new evo this time. Come to think about it, she is the second to get her digimon so it makes sense for her to be the second to go all the way to mega.

Espimon's line about wanting to evolve too... Interesting. He does have an original evo in the VB so I guess that's going to happen at some point. I wonder who will evolve him though... Unless his evo is spontaneous like Ryudamon's?

New ending was kind of meh. Not a fan of the music and the visuals let a bit to be desired. As for right now, I'm getting the full version for the sake of supporting the show. Let's see if full version changes my mind...
lol did the full version change your mind?

How many episodes are we going to have? At this rate Ghost Game will surpass Adventure: by having the most episodes. Also did Adventure: have 5 endings if I recall correctly?

Episode 59- Jiraiya (January 15th)
Kiyoshiro Higashimitarai goes to the countryside for IT-related work, where he meets Meru Aiba, a woman with otaku hobbies, and hits it off with her immediately. Meru invites Kiyoshiro to go see a performance together, called the "Kuraishi Sentai Jiraiyaz." That's where they encounter the giant frog hologram ghost, TonosamaGekomon, and its henchman Gekomon. Kiyoshiro shows up with such vigor that TonosamaGekomon mistakes him for a Jiraiya and forcefully puts Kiyoshiro on his back to exterminate villains. Every time Kiyoshiro feels fear, he's slowly pulled into TonosamaGekomon's back and loses freedom of his limbs. His back is covered with the faces of other humans that he's absorbed into his body in this way. Meanwhile, Hiro Amanokawa and co. hear from Meru that Kiyoshiro has been taken away, and go into the city in search of him. However, Meru tails them, finding their behavior suspicious.

Episode 60- Water Ghost (January 22nd)
Hiro and co. visit a seaside town, where they come across a strange rain. When people are drenched by this rain, they drown and their bodies stiffen, vomiting up water from their mouth and eyes. The rain was "Digital Water" created by a group of Hangyomon. The city is soon submerged in Digital Water, and Hiro and co. take refuge in a park on high ground. That's where they find out about the "mummy-like object that was discovered two weeks ago," and they go to the shrine where it is propped in. The mummy-like object turns out to be Cthyllamon, their body dried up from being on land. Absorbing the Digital Water revives Cthyllamon, and it renders Hiro and Ruli Tsukiyono powerless, stiffening their bodies and making them vomit water, before joining up with its Hangyomon minions. Cthyllamon makes it their mission to have all humans over the world vomit water, and dives into the Digital Water's sea. Kiyoshiro and Thetismon go in pursuit, but Cthyllamon's attacks put them in near mortal peril. Just then, Kiyoshiro and Thetismon's wills synchronize... - I bet we all know happens next

Episode 61- Revival (January 29th)
Ruli's friend Kotoha asks to meet her for some advice, so she goes with Hiro and Kiyoshiro to visit her. They find a woman's dead body lying in the bed of Kotoha's older brother's room. The woman's name is Manami, and she is Kotoha's brother's fiancee who passed away from an accident a few days ago. Ruli and co. are horrified to learn that Kotoha's brother brought Manami's body back home without telling anyone, and that the body moves around on its own at night. What's more, ever since her brother brought Manami back, strange things keep happening inside the house. Ruli and co. decide to stay at the house to determine the cause, but they get caught up in a series of strange incidents.

Episode 62- The Phantom Floor (February 5th)
Ruli's best friend, Aoi Udagawa, lives in a high-rise apartment building where weird things are said to be happening. The residents are scared and begin to move out in droves, while the building is called "Fear Condo" on the internet. Aoi asks Ruli to investigate. When Ruli and Aoi arrive at the apartment building and go on the elevator, they hear a suspicious sound of a lock clicking, and the elevator stops at the 13.5th floor. Aoi is terrified, saying that there is no such floor. When the doors open, they find themselves in a strange place that they'd never seen before.
apparently Cthyllamon is going to be a marineangemon variant that showed up in jellymon's BEmemory dim card. I am very excited!

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Such a good episode imo. They did not disappoint with this!

Omg I loooooove Chtyllamon so much, and Amphimon is even better!! Finally a "devil but not devil" variant for marineangemon! Amphimon's speaking patterns were fun too, I am absolutely in love with jellymon's whole line and her relationship with Kiyo. I love how the digivolution sequence had kiyo being princess carried by thetismon/amphimon. too perfect.

random but I swear Proximamon takes from not only gammamon's light and dark sides, but also from zanmetsumon and hoverespimon with its design having the same base as zanmetsumon and then it being completely metallic like hoverespimon. idk just a theory though.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
random but I swear Proximamon takes from not only gammamon's light and dark sides, but also from zanmetsumon and hoverespimon with its design having the same base as zanmetsumon and then it being completely metallic like hoverespimon. idk just a theory though.
Now, you talked about it...

I wouldn't be surprised if Proximamon is more than just a jogress of both Gammamon's sides and actually all of the main cast digimon jogressing as one.

Basically a different take on Shoutmon X7 Superior Mode.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
So turns out Espimon evolved by synchronizing with Hiro... Looking at the headband on his head, I wouldn't be surprised if Fuumamon is his perfect form.

I like how this all turned out on a play on how the usual "sixth ranger" trope plays up in the show. Rather than just adding another human/digimon duo, they've saved resources by simply adding a 4th digimon. At least, I give them credit for trying to make something different.

Hearing Tomokazu Sugita on Digimon is quite good. And just in time for the Ultraman Ginga recap in the weekly Chronicles show from Ultraman.

Breaquasar is pretty much Gokai Red's Final Wave: a shot followed by a slash.

Watch Aoi's line about Espimon going to live with her either turn out to be nothing or he simply hangs on her house from time to time lol

Still, I like we got one of kids' friends finding out about the digis. I wonder if Kotaro is coming next. Maybe on Fuumamon's debut episode?

The Mega Champion

Digimon Con is officially this upcoming weekend. I still don't have my expectations too high for it obviously. It would be nice if they finally reveal or show something from the next Story game but I still feel like that won't happen and it'll just be shilling for the Next Order Switch port. I do hope I'm wrong and I'd be ecstatic for an official reveal... but I'm just trying to not get burned like with what happened last year. Even if there's an official reveal or they show something... I don't think we'll get a release date or even a release window. I'd be honestly shocked if we did.

Also... it's been a full year pretty much since the initial announcement of an english dub for Adventure 2020 reboot. At this point... they need to announce where it is going to go and when it's going to start being released. Because otherwise... I'm sorry I really am... but I don't really see what else I'm supposed to think or believe other than to think the english dub for it has been canceled. So hopefully this will happen as well. If it does... great. I have no idea where it'll go though. My best guess is either Hulu, Netflix, or Crunchyroll.

But I'll try to just enjoy it and be grateful that it's being done again and not get too bothered about what happens or what doesn't happen. Because a yearly Digimon event is better than no event at all obviously.