• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Digimon Guardians

Hotshot

Welcome to the Digimon Club's official fanfic! (Written by yours truly!)

DIGIMON GUARDIANS

Chapter One
A Story Unfolds

Yo, readers. My name’s Daiki Nakahara. I’m just your average, good-looking guy. Well, I used to be. Average, I mean. I’m still as good-looking as ever, but now I’m anything but average. You see, my life was pretty much the same as most of the other kids I knew. I lived in an apartment in downtown Tokyo with my parents and little brother (the Nuisance, as I call him; but you can just call him “Jirou”). My school was just a twenty-minute walk away...twelve if I ran.

Okay, well, I’m fourteen, and in ninth grade, so I just started my last year of middle school. It’s pretty tough, but as long as I can outwit my teachers, I’ll be fine.

My dad’s an accident-prone salesman who makes a living by selling all sorts of weird stuff...that rarely works. Mom’s a stay-at-home, doing everything Jirou and I don’t want to do. She’s nice like that...but boy, if you rub her the wrong way, she turns into the Wicked Witch of the West...or something to that effect. Scariness. Jirou’s a little different. He’s shy around everyone but me and my parents, and always wants to do everything I do. Mom says it’s because he looks up to me, but I think he just wants to drive me up the wall.

Ahem. Enough talking about my crazy parents and annoying little bro. That’s not what I’m here for. Today, I’m going to tell you my story...but it’s not just mine...it’s a story that affects every one of us...and, believe it or not, another world entirely.

This is that story.

A rhythmic thudding of feet along the pavement was all that could be heard on this gray, stormy day. The streets were almost entirely empty, because most had preferred to stay home rather than brave the choppy weather. Dark clouds swirled overhead, and strong winds blew every which direction.

The only signs of life in this usually bustling area of downtown Tokyo were the occasional passing car and a single teenage boy dashing along the sidewalk. The boy kept glancing down at a small contraption in his hands. The device was beeping excessively, and on its screen blinked an arrow that pointed in a specific direction, like a compass. Only this arrow didn’t point north...it seemed to be broken...constantly on the move. But something about this device intrigued the boy, and he followed the arrow anyway.

This boy was Daiki Nakahara, a fourteen-year-old who lived in an apartment in downtown Tokyo. The night before, as he was surfing the internet, he discovered a strange website called Digital Monsters. When he checked it out, the screen of his computer flashed brightly, and out popped the strange device he now held in his hands.

Daiki knew this device was special. He could feel it.

Four months later...

Above the skyscrapers of downtown Tokyo, a blue blur streaked across the night sky, shrieking in a piercing voice as it went. Upon closer inspection, one might identify the creature as a large, furry bat with red, fleshy wings and large rabbit ears. Hooks donned its arms and legs, and even served as additions to its wings and ropey tail. With another high-pitched shriek, the bat-monster shattered the window of an apartment.

The terrifying bat’s gleaming yellow eyes fixed on a new target, this one being yellow and reptilian. Its small body rippled with miniature muscles, and its large snout was long and flat, like a dinosaur’s. Three claws protruded from each scaly hand and foot. The bat’s yellow eyes met the dinosaur’s shining green ones...and the battle began.

The yellow dinosaur threw back its head, and looked as though it were about to lose its lunch...but instead it unleashed something far...hotter.

Pepper Breath!” exclaimed the yellow reptile, as it sent a flaming projectile streaking into the air from its gaping mouth.

The blast whizzed by the bat-monster, and crashed into an apartment just a short distance away. The dinosaur cringed, and looked over at his partner, who stood not far off.

“Aw, Agurabana, you missed!”

“Sorry, Dai-senpai,” muttered the yellow dinosaur, glancing down at his feet.

“Heh, no worries! You’ll get him this time!”

Agurabana stared up at his human partner, chosen for him by Wisemon himself. Daiki Nakahara was a reliable one, no doubt. What he lacked in brains, he made up for in heart. The boy’s thin, tan figure had grown slightly more muscular recently, mostly due to all the running around they had done. His shaggy brown hair blew in the cold night air, and Agurabana had to agree with Daiki’s mother that the boy needed a haircut. A pair of blue goggles donned Daiki’s forehead, just for show, of course...because he’d never need those things out of water. Agurabana didn’t see much use for them. Daiki was wearing his usual attire; a pair of cargo shorts, and a white T-shirt, complete with a jagged 'D' symbol on the front, worn over a long-sleeved, blue shirt. The boy’s sneakers were decorated with red stripes. Daiki’s dark brown eyes fixed on their target, a creature his handheld device recognized as a ‘Pipismon’.

“Alright, Bana, take him down!”

“Aye, aye, Dai-senpai! Pepper Breath!

The yellow dinosaur called Agurabana threw back his head again, and this time let loose an eruption of fireballs, all of which streaked past their agile opponent. Pipismon ducked and weaved through the barrage, squealing tauntingly as it went. Agurabana scowled, and then erupted with another fireball. This flaming projectile struck the bat-monster across the face, sending it reeling through the air.

“Yeah, that’s it! You got him now!” Daiki shouted, clenching his fists. “Now let’s finish him off!”

Agurabana nodded. “You got it, Senpai!”

The dinosaur hurled himself on top of a parked car to get a better shot, but the sudden pressure on the car roof set off the alarm. Daiki groaned.

“Just ignore it for now, Agurabana,” he called, pointing up at their target. “Take down that Digimon!”

Agurabana winced at the sound of the car alarm. “Sure thing...Pepper Breath!

Three more flaming missiles rocketed into the air, and this time, all of them met their mark. Pipismon dropped to the ground in a thick cloud of smoke...and then disintegrated, as all Digimon did when they met their demise.

Just as Agurabana was about to perform a victory-dance, Daiki grabbed him by the arm and pulled him away, hissing, “Come on, Bana! People are coming to see what all the commotion was about...we gotta get you outta here!”

Agurabana nodded. “Mmhmm.”

“And besides...Mom doesn’t know I’m out this late...if she finds out...then I’m screwed!”

“She doesn’t know I’m out this late either.”

Daiki sighed. “Yeah, but that’s because she doesn’t know you exist.”

Brrrriiiiiinnggg...

Daiki’s sleepy eyes drifted open, and he yawned. Reaching for the snooze button, he felt something wet and slimy around his hand.

“Uhh...Senpai...your hand is in my nostril.”

Daiki’s eyes blinked open, and he looked down at Agurabana, who stood by his bedside, staring at him through his green eyes. Daiki’s gaze fixed on his own hand, which was shoved up the yellow dinosaur’s nose...

“Ewww...” he muttered, yanking his hand out of the reptile’s snout and grimacing. “Agurabana...why’d you do that?!”

“I didn’t do anything...you’re the one who stuck it in there.”

“Well then...why’d you let me do that?!” Daiki exclaimed, but hushed when he realized something. “And furthermore...why’re you in here?! Mom or Dad might see you!”

Agurabana grinned. “Jirou let me in. We played with his little dolls...you know, the ones you used to play with?”

“Those are called action figures...”

“They look like dolls to me.”

“Just shut up and hand me my goggles, will ya?” Daiki snapped, pointing over at his desk where his beloved goggles lay. Agurabana rolled his eyes and waddled over to them. He had a bit of trouble picking them up, due to his lack of thumbs, and dropped them a couple of times on the floor.

“Would you stop that?!”

Agurabana glanced up at Daiki just before dropping the goggles again. “Stop what?”

“Ah, forget it! Give me those!” Daiki exclaimed, snatching the goggles and putting them on. “Okay, I have to go to school...so while I’m gone, just hide in my closet!”

“Aye, aye, Senpai!”

As Daiki dashed out of the room, Agurabana stared after him, murmuring, “I hope he realizes he’s still in his pajamas.”

The sun’s rays reached down to a wondrous land of fields and mountains, of forests and rivers, of skies and seas...and of darkness. A flock of huge red birds soared overhead, all of which resembled horned eagles. Their wings seemed to float along the powerful wind currents above...that is, until they came upon a strange presence.

The flock sensed a stranger in the area, and they scattered, fleeing from the place with all haste. A lone figure, standing atop the summit of a small mountain, watched them fly away. The figure had the build of a tall man garbed in brown robes and a tattered, pale tan cloak. Its facial features were hidden from view, save for its glowing yellow eyes. The rest was blackness. Perhaps this being had no form but the cloak. No one knew for certain. This being was a mystery.

This being was Wisemon.

“Sovereign Azulongmon,” said Wisemon, in a whisper of a voice, “the time has come. The Chosen Ones are ready.”

“Excellent,” thundered a mighty voice from among the clouds above. Seconds later, the sky seemed to split, and a huge draconic form drifted down from the heavens. Chains coiled around the fierce blue dragon’s long, transparent body. A large mask concealed the dragon’s face, save for its four eyes and long, gray beard. Lightning cracked across the sky as this mighty being spoke. The massive creature held a powerful aura, and would awe most anyone who gazed upon it...but Wisemon remained emotionless.

“They have completed their training then?” boomed the dragon’s huge voice.

“Yes, Sovereign Azulongmon,” Wisemon replied, bowing low to the dragon. “I will bring them into our world...”

“I fear Piedmon has already caught wind of our plans,” said Azulongmon, this time more hushed. “He may be waiting for them to arrive so that he can destroy them.”

“What Piedmon knows of matters little to me,” Wisemon answered. “I am confident in the abilities of these human children. They will get the job done. I am sure of it.”

“You sound very sure of these children...do you mind giving me a glimpse of their abilities?”

Wisemon nodded. “As you wish, Sovereign Azulongmon. I will show you a personal favorite of mine.”

Daiki groaned as he exited the classroom. His little ordeal with Agurabana that morning had made him late for school...not to mention the fact that he had almost run out the door in his pajamas. He slung his bookbag over his shoulder and trudged out the door, nearly bumping into a couple of students as they passed him by.

Glancing over his shoulder, Daiki noted that a strange light was flashing from within the computer lab. Probably just some computer-geek messing with the equip--

Every light in the school blinked out.

--ment.

A dozen high-pitched shrieks ensued...eleven of which came from girls...the other came from a guy. Daiki glanced around in the darkness as students dashed past him, in sudden panic due to the loss of light. Daiki shrugged. Whatever.

“What the heck is going on here?!” Daiki heard the principal shout, as he burst through the doors of his office.

As teachers with flashlights began to usher kids out the door, Daiki noticed that one of the lights in the computer lab kept flashing on and off. He inched closer.

Just then, a shrill beeping noise caught his ear. He dropped his bookbag and rummaged inside. His eyes fixed on a small device inside...a contraption Agurabana had referred to as a Digivice.

“It’s used to locate other Digimon,” the dinosaur had explained. “Enemy ones...that way, when one shows up, we’ll be able to take it down!”

Daiki sighed and pressed a button on the Digivice. The screen lit up, and an image appeared.

‘Kokuwamon,’ read the Digivice, in a voice that sounded like the recording of a woman. ‘Rookie level. Data attribute. Machine type. Threat level: Low.’

“Great,” Daiki muttered under his breath. “There’s a Digimon here...and that dumb Agumon of mine is nowhere to be found...”

Peering in through the computer lab door, Daiki noticed that it wasn’t just lights flickering on and off...there was something causing the electricity to go haywire. It was standing in front of one of the computers and seemed to be absorbing the energy from the wires. Daiki leaned further in. It was a queer creature, and, to Daiki, looked like a robotic bug with various plugs sticking out of its arms, shoulders, and head. Sparks of electricity flashed through the air as the bug seemingly ate its fill.

Daiki crept into the room, and reached for a nearby chair. Gripping a chair-leg in each hand, Daiki rose, and prepared to strike the insect with his newly-acquired weapon. He swung at the robotic bug, but couldn’t finish his attack...for the bug had anticipated such a thing. It emitted a flurry of electrical sparks into the air, showering Daiki in a rain of shocking projectiles. The boy fell backwards, yelping. The insect turned around to face him, surrounding itself in an orb of electric light. Daiki grimaced. So this is a Kokuwamon, huh? I thought the Digivice said it had a ‘low’ threat level!

He somersaulted to the left to avoid another attack, this time a bolt of electricity. The bolt singed Daiki’s shirtsleeve, but caused no harm to his person. The teenage boy had just enough time to leap away before being attacked again. “You’re not being very cooperative, are ya?!”

Daiki dashed behind a desk and shoved it over to use as a barricade. He grabbed a chair and hurled it over his new wall at the Kokuwamon. This time, the chair struck, and the Kokuwamon was sent reeling across the room. With a newfound confidence, Daiki strode out from behind his barrier, a stool in hand.

He swung the stool like a baseball bat, striking the Kokuwamon full in the face and knocking it over. Daiki struck a victorious pose, but his triumph was short-lived, for the bug was back on its feet just a moment later. Its eyes, head, and pincers seemed to glow with electrical currents. Daiki’s jaw dropped.

“Well...this may hurt. Just a bit.”

Suddenly, a new figure crashed through the computer lab window, shattering it completely upon impact. Agurabana landed less-than-gracefully in the room, his eyes narrowed to almost feral proportions. “Pepper Breath!

An explosion of fire blew up in the Kokuwamon’s face, blowing it backwards and leaving it sprawled out on the floor. Agurabana looked up at Daiki and grinned.

Daiki rolled his eyes. “What took you so long?!”

“Well, I sensed another Digimon, so I jumped out of your room’s window...and then I remembered that you live in an apartment building...on the fourth floor.”

The Agumon sheepishly held up the rearview mirror of an automobile. “I think I broke your mom’s car.”

Daiki shook his head. “I’ll be angry about that later...just beat the pants off that thing!”

“But Senpai...he’s not wearing any pants.”

Power Surge!” exclaimed the Kokuwamon, emitting a huge bolt of electricity from its taser-like claws. The bolt struck Agurabana in the stomach, sending the dinosaur reeling backwards.

Agurabana struggled to his feet, cringing. He mustered all of his fiery might into his throat and let a fireball fly through the air at his target. But the Kokuwamon was fast. It leaped into the air and hovered there, beating its wings furiously. The fireball rocketed by underneath it, and crashed into a computer monitor, setting it ablaze upon impact.

As the flames spread, the smoke reached into the air and soon began to fill the room. Daiki shielded his face from the heat and glanced around. The terrible stench of smoke and fire filled his nostrils. His eyes, squinted from the smoke, fixed on the forms of Agurabana and Kokuwamon, who were busy dueling despite the smog.

And then the fire alarm went off.

Brrrriiiiiinnnggg!!!

“Aw, maaaaan,” Daiki moaned, as if things couldn’t get any worse. Well, they did. The school had a built-in sprinkler system that went off when the fire alarm did...and soon the computer lab became subject to indoor rain. Daiki groaned and glanced around. The water was taking some sting out of Agurabana’s fireballs, but it also seemed to do some harm to the Kokuwamon. The little electrical insect flinched every time it conjured up electricity.

“That’s it!” Daiki exclaimed, rushing to Agurabana’s aid. He grabbed a wire that was still plugged into the wall and jabbed it into one of the Kokuwamon’s shoulder-plugs. The shock sent him hurtling backwards, but he managed to sit up again to watch the fireworks. The Kokuwamon coughed and sputtered, sending waves of electricity shooting out, and then the water and electricity mixed. Half a moment later, and the electrical beetle was flopping on the ground, surging with electrical energy and being shocked by it.

“Agurabana, now!”

“Aye, aye, Senpai!” shouted the Agumon. “Pepper Breath!

The blast struck the Kokuwamon full in the face, and destroyed it upon impact, leaving naught but a cloud of data particles behind to mark the Digimon’s final moments. Agurabana grinned, and Daiki let out a short chuckle. Then he became very serious.

“Now, about Mom’s car.”

Wisemon turned to the Sovereign Azulongmon expectantly. The great blue dragon shook his head. In his booming voice, he said, “Well...I must admit...I expected you, the great Wisemon, to have picked someone with a little more...skill and strength.”

Wisemon, in his whisper of a voice, replied, “Even the greatest of heroes have to start somewhere.”

“And are the others still at this level also?” Azulongmon inquired, studying Wisemon very closely.

The cloaked Digimon blinked his ominous eyes, and then said, “Some are at young Nakahara’s level. Some are lower. Some are higher. It takes all types to make one team.”

Azulongmon sighed. “Very well, Wisemon. Have it your way. I just hope you know what you’re doing.”

“I always know what I am doing, Sovereign Azulongmon,” replied the cloaked-mystery. “After all...I am Wisemon.”

=============================

And thus ends the first chapter. The last part is a little rushed, because I wanted to get this up today. I may go back and edit a few things later on.

Last edited:

Double-oh-Platypus

Daiki shook his head. “I’ll be angry about that later...just beat the pants off that thing!”

“But Senpai...he’s not wearing any pants.”

Cracked me up. Wasn't there a warning about pants references? Whatever :)

I'm a little disappointed I didn't get to see any of the other characters make an appearance, but oh well. It was still a great chapter nonetheless, and a very dramatic start.

Spelling and grammar appeared to be okay, though I wasn't too crazy about the first person beginning and then switching over to third. I hope it won't happen in later chapters.

Good job, and I can't wait to read the next chapter. ^^ Hopefully we'll see a few more characters appear.

Zincspider

My Bloody
I await the next chapter.
I don't judge until I have seen at least two chapters, whether it went well or not, so you have to wait to see what I think }83 (I'm sooooo devious!)

Anyway, I will say one thing that I can't wait to do.
I love Agurabana... he's soooo.... lost....83

kacqn

Battle Subway
So the fanclub's story is here!
I really can't say anything because I'm speechless, I really liked this chapter. Good going for a first chapter. I hope you can get the next chapters on!

niedude

Don't forget to grin
Off to a great start, and I must say I really do love your writing style, Hotshot.
I am liking Daiki's personality, even if he still is more or less a typical goggle head boy. There's something... different, about him.

And great reference to movie 0 with agumon falling on cars after jumping from buildings. There is just something about a small dinosaur breaking a car with its weight that just screams awesome.

One thing I spotted that kinda bugged me was that, unlike in America, High School in Japan starts in 10th grade, together with Europe.

Other than that, I look forward to seeing how each character acts and meets the others.

Will they return home often at first (or later?)

I hope so; I'd love to see them interact with each other while in different countries and stuff. Multiculturalism ftw.

ryodragonite

Aura Fist
Wow! Thats cool Hotshot it made me thing of the real anime kind of like Marcus and Davis mixed together.It was funny and it had alot of action for a first chapter.

Hazel_Nut

That was pretty good. ^ ^ Just a bit rushed, like you said. I don't know why, though, but I do not have any particular fondness for fanfics involving a full oc cast. In any fanfic, for that matter, except for mystery dungeon fics. However, I'm looking forward to the plot that is going to unfold and everything. And I somehow wonder why Agumon is still a popular choice among oc fic main characters. It's simply a popular digimon, I guess.

I find it hard to laugh at fics, though, or any story for that matter, unless it's a full-blown parody. It was funny, though, but about the pants joke....Let's just say I've been thinking about things like that since......I was eight, maybe? The time I misspelled "liar."
-Liar, liar, pants on fire!
-I'm not wearing any pants! And besides, this place is filled with water!
-Just an expression!
I think it was a comic I drew a long time ago. We were in a water park. :p But you have a good sense of humor generally, and besides, I don't want a fic filled with nonsense in order to make it funny, unless it's a parody.

Great job! Just take your time. But....just don't take a whole year! (I know someone who did that)

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
Awesome chapter. The description and characters have really improved. Humour is as strong as always And I never get tired of Agumon and his pants jokes (for lack of a better word) There was one in Guardians 2.0 too that still makes me laugh when I think about it.

I liked the thing at the start with Daiki's introduction.

I didn't notice anything wrong with spelling or grammar, but that might be because I'm not great at spotting stuff like that. Heh.

Anyways, I can't wait for the next chapter and hope to see it soon! Yeah! <victory pose>

Hotshot

Thanks for the comments, guys!

Spelling and grammar appeared to be okay, though I wasn't too crazy about the first person beginning and then switching over to third. I hope it won't happen in later chapters.

That will only happen once or twice.

I await the next chapter.
I don't judge until I have seen at least two chapters, whether it went well or not, so you have to wait to see what I think }83 (I'm sooooo devious!)

Anyway, I will say one thing that I can't wait to do.
I love Agurabana... he's soooo.... lost....83

Well, the next chapter will be up fairly...soon...ish.

And yes, Agurabana is quite lost.

One thing I spotted that kinda bugged me was that, unlike in America, High School in Japan starts in 10th grade, together with Europe.

Will they return home often at first (or later?)

I hope so; I'd love to see them interact with each other while in different countries and stuff. Multiculturalism ftw.

@ School comment: Bah, I had a feeling that would end up inaccurate. I've edited it now. Daiki's in his last year of middleschool.

@ Multiculturalism comment: Yes, after going to the Digi-World for the first time, they will meet Wisemon...and then return. After that, they will be making regular trips back and forth between worlds. And they'll keep in touch with each other as well.

Awesome chapter. The description and characters have really improved. Humour is as strong as always And I never get tired of Agumon and his pants jokes (for lack of a better word) There was one in Guardians 2.0 too that still makes me laugh when I think about it.

"Hey! Drew-sama's pants are NOT smart!"

Hotshot

Chapter Two
Going Digital

Six figures stood in a circle in the dimly lit room. A single blue flame hung suspended in the center, like a specter, bringing an eerie light to the otherwise pitch-black room. All that could be seen in the misty blue glow were the fronts of the shadowy forms. They were all dressed in similar attire, but were divided into two groups of three.

The three on the left side of the circle were garbed in blue capes and wizard hats, each with a skull mounted on the front, and strange yellow clothes. Each one held a staff, decorated with an odd figure of the sun on one end.

The other three were dressed in quite the same way, but in white, rather than blue and yellow. Their hats did not have skulls donning them, and their staffs held large snowflake-figures, rather than the odd suns of the other three.

The six figures chanted in hushed voices, causing the blue flame in the center to begin swirling around, as if it were in a giant cauldron. The ghoulish flame rose up into the air, and formed a large vortex. Wisps of fire and streaks of lightning flashed throughout the cave. Quite suddenly, however, the flames and lightning bolts retracted, shrinking back into the single, ominous blue fireball in the center.

One of the wizards glanced back into the shadows. In a voice muffled slightly by his high collar, the magic-user said, “Master Wisemon...everything is in order. The time is now.”

Two glowing orbs appeared in the darkness. From within the shadows spoke a single whisper...a whisper that would bring chills to just about anyone: “Indeed, Wizardmon. Normally, if these were merely Digimon we were bringing to and fro, I would not have requested the help of the immigrants from Witchelny...but these are humans that must be called upon. Bringing them here will take more power than even I could muster alone.”

The Wizardmon nodded. “It is our pleasure, Master Wisemon. We will do everything in our power to summon those who can save our new world.”

Several nods from the other wizards confirmed the Wizardmon’s statement. Out of the shadows stepped Wisemon, and the tall, cloaked figure joined the six wizards in the circle. In one hand, Wisemon held an odd book; a book that held a mystical power...a power not of that world...or of any world, for that matter. It was a book that held all of the secrets of time and space.

Wisemon blinked his glowing eyes, and then said, “Very well...let us begin.”

Spiral Saw!

Beat Knuckle!

Just ten minutes before, all had been calm in this Canadian coastal city. But not anymore. In the city park, on this perfectly fine Tuesday morning, all had been as it should be. However, in the lives of some, everything seems to be able to take a U-turn instantaneously. That was how it always seemed for Jeffrey Drago, anyway. The boy was running late to school, so he took a shortcut through the park...oh, how impeccable was the timing of chaos and utter annoyance.

Jeffrey was Caucasian, and had dark brown, medium-length hair. He was tall, even for a sixteen-year-old, about six-foot, and quite thin. His garb consisted of a blue T-shirt, a pair of red (checkered with black and white) soccer shorts, and silver-white running shoes. To complete his motley attire, he wore his favorite green baseball cap with a ‘D’ on the front (for his favorite team, the ‘Dayton Dragons’). The fused colors of gray, green, and gold formed around his pupils, which were fixed on the two battling monsters before him.

It was at times like these when Jeff was glad to have a draconic monster for a best friend. “Monodramon!” Jeff shouted, cupping his hands around his mouth for better projection. “This guy’s a pretty fast jumper, but he can’t run for beans! You’ll have to hit him just before he jumps or lands!”

Stumbling backwards, the little purple dragon grunted, “That’s kinda what I’ve been trying to do for the last fifteen minutes!”

Jeff rolled his eyes. “We’ve only been out here six.”

“That’s what I meant!” Monodramon exclaimed, charging at his foe once again. “Beat Knuckle!

The little purple dragon struck at his foe with his drill-shaped claws, and then batted the creature away with his fleshy wings that protruded from his forearms. His opponent staggered back, and soon became subject to a two-footed kick from Monodramon. The blow sent the creature hurtling backwards into a bush. Monodramon somersaulted through the air and landed just a short distance away, watching for his foe to reappear.

Jeff glanced down at his Digivice. ‘Gizamon. Rookie level. Virus attribute. Sea Animal type. Threat level: Low.’

The boy looked back up and saw that the monster was slowly making its way out of the brush. Jeff raised an eyebrow. This was the first time he had actually gotten a clear look at the beast...and he had to say, it wasn’t attractive in the least. Not even a mother could love that face. It was amphibious in form, with yellow skin, webbed feet, and strong back-legs. But it wasn’t entirely frog-like. This creature, Gizamon, had a thick mane of orange fur that ran down its back. Huge black spines protruded from the creature’s back, giving it a monstrous appearance. Teeth jutted out of its mouth menacingly, and its feral blue eyes were fixed on Monodramon.

Water Cure!” bellowed the Gizamon. It planted its back feet firmly on the ground, swelled up its stomach, and sent a stream of water flying through the air at Monodramon. The purple dragon’s eyes narrowed. He leaped to the right, narrowly avoiding the attack with his superior speed, and then lunged forward.

Cracking Bite!” Monodramon shouted, diving at his target. His gaping mouth latched onto the Gizamon’s front leg, and, with a sharp turn, Monodramon ripped open a hole in the Digimon’s leg. The Gizamon dropped to the ground in a heap, and exploded in a flurry of data a moment later.

Jeff shook his head. These fights were starting to get out of hand. “You know, Monodramon...you probably could have killed it in a less painful way.”

Monodramon folded his arms across his chest and scowled. “He was a Virus type. He deserved it.”

Jeff rolled his eyes. Just as he began walking away, a bolt of lightning launched into the sky from under the ground. The earth below erupted into a swirling vortex of blue energy, and seemed to be sucking everything into its center...like a black hole.

Jeff stumbled backwards and fell on his rear end. Monodramon was by his side in an instant. They cast glances at each other, and then stared at the spinning whirlpool of terror.

“Get sucked into a vortex of death, or face an angry homeroom teacher...” Jeff muttered, “...I think I’ll choose the vortex.”

Suddenly, the vortex strengthened tenfold, and he, Monodramon, and a couple of park-benches were dragged into the dark abyss below.

“I was kidding!”

“Great sword in the stone,” murmured Arthur Camotel, dragging his feet as he trudged along the sidewalk. The seventeen-year-old hadn’t had a very successful day thus far. Everything during the fair’s rehearsal seemed to have gone wrong. The guy who was supposed to play the jester had gotten chicken pox. The ‘fair maiden’ was no longer quite so fair...as she had broken her nose roller-skating. It seemed as though half a dozen other things had occurred...he just couldn’t remember them all.

Arthur ran a hand through his wavy, brown hair, which was kept out of his gleaming black eyes using a small yellow bandana. He was dressed in a yellow sweatshirt, covered by a gray denim jacket, and a pair of black cargo pants with a yellow trim on the pockets. A pair of his grandfather’s old biking gloves donned his hands. His build was that of an Olympic swimmer, and could easily scare off most anyone who might see him as a threat. To add to this already-dire misconception of his nature, the boy carried a forty-two-inch sword in a sheath that was slung on his back.

“Why doesn’t anything ever seem to go right for me, Calliburn?”

Quite suddenly, a very short and skinny knight in white armor with yellow trimmings appeared by his side, carrying his spear in one hand and his shield in the other. “I don’t know what you mean, Master Arthur,” replied the knight, staring up at Arthur through the openings in his helmet. “Your lessons for the day had been cancelled...and you had the fortunate opportunity to rehearse for the fair.”

As if reading the boy’s thoughts, Calliburn continued, “And now you are on your way to visit your sagacious grandfather. What more could you wish for?”

“Well, for one, you could stop--” Arthur cut himself short. He had almost told Calliburn to stop calling him ‘Master’. Arthur didn’t like being considered someone’s master, because he felt that it undermined Calliburn as a freethinking individual...but the little Digimon was so sweet...he didn’t want to hurt Calliburn’s feelings, or anything.

Arthur glanced up at the sky. “...never mind.”

They remained silent for a few moments, quietly walking down the empty sidewalk. Finally, Calliburn looked up at Arthur, inquisitively. “What is the matter?”

Arthur continued to stare at the clouds. They were starting to swirl...taking on the shape of a whirlpool in the sky. Suddenly, the sky split open, and a beam of light struck the earth from above. It opened up a hole in the ground, and, from the newly-made opening, a vortex of blue light erupted. Arthur shielded his face with his arms, while Calliburn lifted his shield to a defensive-position.

“What in the name of Excalibur is the meaning of this?!” shouted the small knight Digimon, staring into the portal. With a turbulent bout of force, the vortex swallowed up Arthur and Calliburn, before closing up again, leaving naught but a few singed spots to mark where the abduction had taken place.

Twelve-year-old Jack Baker surveyed the screen of his laptop with a raised eyebrow. The boy was quite short for his age, and had short, brown hair and inquisitive brown eyes. His skin was pale, for he spent most of his time indoors. He was dressed in his usual attire: a hooded, black jacket, a pair of blue jeans, and green gloves. His computer bag was brown, and lay at his side. He was sitting under a tree during recess while all of the other kids played kickball or other some-such. Jack needed no such thing. All he needed for a successful break-time was his laptop.

But today, that ‘trusted laptop’ was acting up. The screen was going crazy, and Jack couldn’t comprehend why. Perhaps it was a virus? A bug?

“Hiya, Jack! What’s up?”

Startled, the boy yelped, and almost knocked his laptop off his lap. Jack glared over his shoulder at the newcomer, a creature that resembled a small, white seal. Three claws decorated each flipper, and a red streak of hair ran down the back of its head. The seal-creature’s ears were long and normally droopy, but at the moment they were surprisingly perked up.

“Gomamon! What are you doing here?” Jack snapped, glancing around to make sure no one had seen the little seal. “Somebody will see you!”

Gomamon grinned. “Heheh...I just came to make sure you were having fun!” he replied, throwing his head back and letting out a chuckle. Suddenly, he grew more serious. “But you don’t look like you’re having any fun. You should go play that game where you kick a ball!”

Jack rolled his eyes. “That would be kickball, Gomamon,” Jack muttered. “Great, first my computer goes mental, and now my Digimon wants me to play kickball of all things.”

“Why’s your computer going mental, Jack?”

Jack scanned his laptop again. “I don’t know. There seems to be something interfering with the electrical current...it’s making the whole laptop go wacky.”

Before either could say anything more, they found themselves staring straight into the infamous abducting-vortex of terror. Jack’s jaw dropped. “Wow...an anomaly.”

“That’s not an anemone,” Gomamon corrected. “That’s a spinny-hole.”

Just as Jack was about to correct Gomamon’s “correction” he found himself hurtling into the vortex, with his laptop before him and Gomamon close behind...

“What is that thing?!” exclaimed Talia Strachan, staring at the blue vortex just a few feet away. The little girl, just about ten or so, was quite frightened by the idea of being sucked into a whirlpool. The wind that spun around in differentiating directions blew her chest-length, golden blonde hair every which direction. Her sky blue eyes remained fixed on the eye of the vortex, which seemed to beckon to her. Her tunic top clung to her front and flailed around in the back from all the wind. Clutching her blue bandana to her chest, the little girl let out a yelp.

Her Digimon partner, a small, green-striped, rabbit-like creature named Terriermon, was beside her in an instant. “Don’t worry, Talia! I’m here with you!”

With a sudden pull, both were sucked into the vortex. “Er...well...I’m still with you, at least.”

Twelve-year-old Jasmine Strachan-Taylor’s face was twisted into a horrified grimace as she stared into the spinning vortex just a short distance away. Her shoulder-length, brown hair blew about wildly in the wind, despite the fact that she was indoors. She was garbed in a long tunic top, covered by a hooded jacket, and a pair of skinny jeans. Her stormy gray eyes were stationed on the whirlpool that reached out at her.

In her hands she held her small Digimon partner, a cute dog-like creature named Salamon. A holy ring donned the Digimon’s neck. Salamon’s eyes had grown wide in terror. “D-don’t worry, Jazzy...I won’t let that thing eat us...I hope.”

Jasmine glanced down at Salamon, and then back at the vortex. She tried to retreat back a step, but lost her footing and fell into the awaiting abyss below...

“Uh...Kate...what’s that?”

Katherine Wilson was speechless. She had never seen anything like this before. The forceful wind was sending her long, fiery red hair every which direction, and her hazel eyes stared straight into the blackness of the vortex. The fifteen-year-old’s light green tank-top clung to her thin frame tightly. The legs of her baggy jeans flapped in the wind. Reaching behind her head, Kate quickly tied her red hair back in a ponytail to keep it from flailing about.

“I don’t know, Palmon,” the girl answered, over the roar of the vortex. “But it doesn’t look pleasant in the least!”

Palmon, Katherine’s Digimon partner, stood defiantly in front of her human friend. The little green creature was plant-like, and had a beautiful flower on her head, but she bore no resemblance in terms of frailty. She was a tough one, to be sure.

Suddenly, the force of the vortex’s pull strengthened, and it sucked both Kate and Palmon into its center. The green Digimon extended her claws like vines out of the whirlpool and reached desperately for something to grab onto. The only thing it could grasp, however, was Kate’s baseball bat, and that too fell into the dark void below.

Keith Spring stared unflinchingly into the vortex below. His medium-length, jet-black hair blew in the wind, as did his gray shirt (decorated with several modern-looking shapes), his black jacket (complete with two vertical white stripes), his jeans, and his striped scarf. The boy clenched his fists, tightening the fingerless gloves on his hands even further. His amber-colored eyes scanned the whirlpool inquisitively.

Suddenly, a small, limbless, furry creature hopped onto his shoulder. Orange fur covered its round body, and a large, disproportional horn extended from the top of its head, which, coincidentally, was its body. Its red eyes fixed on the vortex below.

“Keith, what shall we do?”

Keith shook his head. “I don’t know, Tsunomon. If this is anything like that time when we first met...then I’m guessing we should try going into it.”

Tsunomon nodded. “Very well, then. I’m guessing we should be off then?”

“Yes...if my hunch is correct, this will probably lead to the Digital World,” Keith replied, folding his arms across his chest. “Ready, Tsunomon?”

“Ready!”

“As if my day hadn’t been crazy enough already!” Daiki shouted, as he hurtled downward through the swirling vortex.

Agurabana was right behind him, trying in vain to bring an optimistic point of view on this occasion. “Look on the bright side, Senpai,” he shouted. “At least we’re not plummeting to our obvious dooms through a spinning whirlpool of darkness!”

Daiki cast him a menacing glare and the Agumon soon realized his mistake. “Oh...wait...maybe we are. Well, that’s a downer.”

Several minutes later...

Darkness.

Jeff’s eyelids slowly opened, and a wash of light filled his eyes. For a moment, his vision was terribly blurred, and he couldn’t see hardly anything other than vague shapes. Finally, he regained his vision and sat up. Glancing around, he found himself to be in some very unfamiliar surroundings. A deep forest surrounded him on every side, letting in just a few rays of light from the intertwining canopies above. The trees were huge, stretching hundreds of feet into the sky.

Truly, this was like nothing the boy had ever seen before.

“Hey, Monodra--” Jeff said aloud, scanning the perimeter for any sign of his partner, “--mon.”

“Ack!--Jeff!” came a muffled cry from some bushes a few yards away. “Help me! I’m stuck!”

Jeff scrambled over to the place from whence his Digimon friend’s voice came, and found Monodramon tangled up among the branches and vines. Shaking his head, Jeff muttered, “How do you get yourself into these messes?”

“More importantly,” Monodramon replied, despite the numerous branches that muffled his speech, “how are you going to get me out of them?!”

As Jeff proceeded to free his friend from the brush’s vile clutches, he failed to notice a figure watching them from afar. Chuckling, the figure gripped a sword in each hand, and murmured, “So...the Chosen Ones have come...heheheh...now the fun begins.”

“Master Wisemon,” said one of the six wizards, this one cloaked in white, “they have arrived.”

“Excellent. Well done, Sorcerymon,” Wisemon answered, in his usual hushed tone.

“Um...but...we fear something may have gone horribly wrong,” murmured the Sorcerymon, fidgeting slightly. “We have sensed another presence in the area of one of the Chosen...we fear that Piedmon has already found one of them.”

=====================

So here it is. Most updates won't be even close to this fast...I just had a stroke of inspiration is all. Enjoy!

Last edited:

Zincspider

My Bloody
Very nice.
You seem to have captured the personalities of all there the best you could in their short introductory sections.
I really liked
“That’s not an anemone,” Gomamon corrected. “That’s a spinny-hole.”
Made my day, it did.

THe only grammer correction I could find, seeing as I'm not so hot at it n_n;;, was in the first paragraph you used six figures twice in a short amount of time. The second time it sounds a bit stale. It's not major, but if you could change one of them, it would read better. But that is up to you. Maybe 'shadowy forms' wopuld fit.

Double-oh-Platypus

Awesome! A new chapter! I'm glad that everyone else got a chance to pop up in the story now, though some people were a little shorter than others ;)

Anyway, the only complaint I had for this chapter would have been the pronunciation of Talia and Jasmine's last name. Although it's nice that you put it in, it would have done better in say, an end not, because it seemed to interrupt the flow of the story for me.

Other than that, great job ^^ Can't wait to read more!

Hotshot

THe only grammer correction I could find, seeing as I'm not so hot at it n_n;;, was in the first paragraph you used six figures twice in a short amount of time. The second time it sounds a bit stale. It's not major, but if you could change one of them, it would read better. But that is up to you. Maybe 'shadowy forms' wopuld fit.

Done and done. Thanks for pointing that out.

Awesome! A new chapter! I'm glad that everyone else got a chance to pop up in the story now, though some people were a little shorter than others ;)

Anyway, the only complaint I had for this chapter would have been the pronunciation of Talia and Jasmine's last name. Although it's nice that you put it in, it would have done better in say, an end not, because it seemed to interrupt the flow of the story for me.

Fear not, my friend. The time for those who didn't have much screentime will come...very soon.

Alrighty, I took the pronunciation out.

ryodragonite

Aura Fist
“Um...but...we fear something may have gone horribly wrong,” murmured the Sorcerymon, fidgeting slightly. “We have sensed another presence in the area of one of the Chosen...we fear that Piedmon has already found one of them.”

That a cool and mysterious way to end the second chapter.I wonder who its gonna be.
Kate Wilson reminds me of my friend Kate who has the same exact features(red hair...)And she could be like a young botanists. So Palmon fits in with her.(I mean my friend)

niedude

Don't forget to grin
Wow, definitely not expecting to see a chapter this soon! Great!

I really like the dialogue thus far, and the action scenes are very well done.
We can already see a bit of their personalities, and so far, they don't seem cliched. The only few cliched things are the fact that the main boy is a google head (more of a tribute than anything bad, really), the computer guy is short and carries a laptop with him at all times and... thats about it?
And those things, by themselves, dont necessarily harm the story, so all is fine.

I am going to love to see how they all interact!

Oh, and one last thing: ending the chapter with the capture of what seemed to be a prominent member so soon was very unexpected. Great touch, kept us nervously waiting for the next chapter.

Now, on to the nitpicky things:

His garb consisted of a blue T-shirt, red (decorated with black and white) soccer shorts,

Umm, decorated with black and white... what? Stripes? Figures?
Cause that sentence makes it seem like the T shirt was blue, red and decorated with black and white soccer shorts.
Did anyone else just have an idea for a new brand of clothing?

The boy looked back up and saw that the monster was slowly making its way out of the brush

Should be "bush."
The boy was quite short for his age, and had short, brown hair and inquisitive, brown eyes.

No need for the comma after inquisitive.

As Jeff proceeded to free his friend from the brush’s vile clutches,
Now I'm starting to think I'm missing something and brush is just another word for bush xD

Hotshot

That a cool and mysterious way to end the second chapter.I wonder who its gonna be.
Kate Wilson reminds me of my friend Kate who has the same exact features(red hair...)And she could be like a young botanists. So Palmon fits in with her.(I mean my friend)

Innnnnteresting...

That's pretty cool.

Wow, definitely not expecting to see a chapter this soon! Great!

I really like the dialogue thus far, and the action scenes are very well done.
We can already see a bit of their personalities, and so far, they don't seem cliched. The only few cliched things are the fact that the main boy is a google head (more of a tribute than anything bad, really), the computer guy is short and carries a laptop with him at all times and... thats about it?
And those things, by themselves, dont necessarily harm the story, so all is fine.

I'm gonna try my best to keep the characters from being cliched.

Oh, and one last thing: ending the chapter with the capture of what seemed to be a prominent member so soon was very unexpected. Great touch, kept us nervously waiting for the next chapter.

Muahahaha...I love keeping my readers on the edges of their seats.

Umm, decorated with black and white... what? Stripes? Figures?
Cause that sentence makes it seem like the T shirt was blue, red and decorated with black and white soccer shorts.
Did anyone else just have an idea for a new brand of clothing?

Fixed that. I think it's a little better now.

Should be "bush."

Brush - a dense growth of bushes, shrubs, etc.; scrub; thicket.

No need for the comma after inquisitive.

Fixed the comma.

And now I've gotta get started on the next chapter!

Zincspider

My Bloody
I'm gonna try my best to keep the characters from being cliched.

But Cliches make the world go round!
Besides, it impossible not to have a few cliches now a day.

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
Woohoo! Awesome chapter!

... Except things aren't looking good for Jeff and Monodramon...

The thing with the shorts was my fault. I should have described them better. ...I'm actually wearing said-shorts right now (I'm unoriginal when it comes to clothing), I could take a picture of them if it's needed. Heheh.

And just whose attire is motley?! xD

All in all, pretty awesome chapter. And the best news is that you have your whole break to work on another one. xP I'm very pleased to see a Gomamon. I missed the little guy from Adventure.

Oh and the scene with my characters was done brilliantly. And now I shall reread it, because it was that good. =P Keep up the good work!

Edit: I forgot to say that the description was really pretty good.

Last edited: