• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Digimon Heroes [PG]

ryodragonite

Aura Fist
I liked it and even thoguh I was really hoping for a Hawkmon!!! Biyomon will do just fine...I think but shes going to digivovle into that Hawkmon digivolver thing right? And why does it say last update is it the last chapter?!!

Double-oh-Platypus

Thanks for the review :)

Where'd you get such a crazy idea like that? ;) I like certain Digimon better than others so you'll just have to see what goes on.

And where did it say last update? Wherever you read that from, this certainly isn't the last chapter.

ryodragonite

Aura Fist
Thanks for the review :)

Where'd you get such a crazy idea like that? ;) I like certain Digimon better than others so you'll just have to see what goes on.

And where did it say last update? Wherever you read that from, this certainly isn't the last chapter.

It says last update under the digimon guardians banner above the chapterV, (insert chapter name here). And good that would be a weird place to leave off of. What crazy idea? The Hawkmon evo thing...

Double-oh-Platypus

Sorry it's been so long for this chapter. I had to get some other writing done and then this just sort of took a back seat because I had no idea what I should be writing, but here's this chapter, so I hope you enjoy :)

Don’t Talk To Strangers

They left the next morning.

Terriermon and the other Digimon almost insisted upon it. They couldn’t put Primary Village in jeopardy any longer now that the Devas knew about Judi, Liam and Jarred. They would just have to start their plan a little earlier than anticipated.

The idea to wait outside Mount Olympus for the Olympians had been Judi’s idea. What better way to catch them separated than right outside their home? They had figured they would wait a couple of days in the village, but after the attack they were going to have to move a lot quicker than before.

Now, somewhere across a wide field that stretched on past the horizon on all sides, the Tamers and their Digimon officially deemed themselves lost.

“I thought you said you knew where we were going,” Veemon complained, turning to Terriermon. “I knew we should have taken that turn at that tree back there.”

“Oh yeah, like you could have directed us much better,” Terriermon shot back. “I don’t see you scouting ahead for danger.”

“And I don’t see you foraging for food. If you haven’t noticed, we failed to bring your kitchen fridge with us on our journey.”

Terriermon was about to retaliate when Patamon swooped in, intercepting.

“Guys, enough,” the orange and white flying pig Digimon said. “It’s no use fighting. We might as well just stay here and look for things to eat.”

“If you haven’t noticed, we’re sort of in the middle of nowhere,” Veemon said. “We’re sitting ducks.”

“The grass is taller a little farther west,” Patamon announced. “It will be easier to hide there.”

Before the Digimon could start arguing again, Liam cut in. “That sounds like a great idea,” he said. “We can rest there and catch our bearings again in the morning. We can take time to explore tonight and figure out our best route to Mount Olympus.”

The others nodded solemnly, each obviously angry and frustrated from hours of walking and being out in the sun. Judi sighed. If she had known that everyone would be getting on each other’s nerves at this point so early in their travels, she wasn’t sure she would have agreed to join. But she had to. They had to save this world from mass destruction, which just made the frustration all the more irritating.

The grass was a cool change to the sun that had been beating down on them for hours. The Tamers collapsed each shading their eyes and glancing around desperately for water.

“I feel like I’m about to die,” Jarred mumbled as he searched through his backpack for any source of liquid that he could drink.

Judi couldn’t even reply. Her mouth felt parched and her tongue felt as heavy as a pound of lead. If this was what it was going to be like for the rest of their journey, how were they expected to survive?

Even the Digimon looked exhausted. They had hunkered down in the shadows of their Tamers, panting and mumbling incoherently to each other.

“I’m right there with you, buddy,” Liam replied. “Does anyone have any water left?”

Everyone shook their heads, and Judi groaned and rolled over onto her stomach. Her head was pounding. Maybe resting for a little while would do the trick. The last thing she remembered were Jarred and Liam racing over to her, trying to get her to stay awake while Patamon flew off in search of help.

[Heroes]​

Judi shivered in her sleep. Her eyes opened slowly, allowing herself to gaze at overcast skies that were quickly become dark with grey storm clouds. Lighting flashed and somewhere far away, thunder rumbled.

Her body ached all over in the same way it did when she did three hours of skating and then two hours of off-ice. Cautiously, Judi sat up and surveyed her surroundings.

She wasn’t in the field anymore.

Panic flowed through her as she gazed at the environment. The ground was rocky, hardly any grass, but it appeared that she was lying on paved stone. Judi’s eyes followed the path they made, pausing as they upon a monument that looked very familiar.

It was like the Parthenon of Ancient Greece, though it was fully restored like the one in Texas. Lighting flashed again, illuminating it and allowing Judi a quick glimpse of a lavish inside before the light flickered away and thunder rumbled, much closer this time. And then the rain began to fall.

There was no other shelter around and out of desperation, Judi hauled herself off the ground and dashed towards the only building in sight. It wasn’t like she was going to wander in too far. She just wanted to get out of the rain. Getting hypothermia now wasn’t going to help her at all.

Despite not wanting to initially wander in that far, one glimpse was enough to beckon Judi in closer. The inside of the Parthenon was basked in a golden glow, though the source could not be found. Beautifully crafted furniture sat around a small fire, giving Judi the impression that it was a sort of waiting room. Just beyond the chairs and loveseats however, she could see a door. If she knew her Greek history well enough, Judi concluded she was in the anti-chamber of the Parthenon.

The storm raged on outside and Judi stumbled over to one of the chairs. Instinct told her that trying to enter the room beyond the door could lead to trouble, but curiosity burned fiercely inside her. Beyond the door there could be the secret to the Tamers’ success.

Luckily, she didn’t have to wait long.

Just as her clothes were beginning to dry out, Judi heard an ominous creak. She whirled around, her hand instinctively going for her Digivice, but the appearance of the figure in front of her surprised her.

It was Ben O’Brien, a kid that was in Judi’s homeroom, known for his trickery and mischief making skills.

She was so shocked to see him it didn’t even register in her brain that he was a human, that she could try and take him out right then and there.

His sandy coloured hair lay flat across his head and his kind blue eyes twinkled in the firelight. “Judi,” he said. “So glad you could make it. That’s one brutal storm out there, eh?”

“I, um...” She was lost for words. What was she going to say to this kid she barely knew while she hid inside the Parthenon, away from the storm?

“Don’t worry,” Ben said serenely. “You’re safe in here, but let’s have a little talk. No, don’t get up.”

Judi sank down onto her seat again, her hands fidgeting with the hem of her shirt. This had to be a dream. There was no way that she could be on Mount Olympus. They had been in a field, with the sun beating down on them and no chance of rain. There hadn’t been a mountain around for miles.

“What’s this about?” Judi asked, finally finding her voice. “How did I get here? Where is here? What are you doing here?”

Ben laughed, a hollow and empty sound that reverberated off the walls. “A war is raging, Judi. Or it’s about to.”

“What’s that supposed to mean,” the skater retorted, though she knew perfectly well what it meant. A war?

“You Tamers are the key to the end of the war,” Ben continued. “We need your help. Together, we can make sure that something like this never happens again.”

“How long has this been going on?” Judi asked. Terriermon had never told her about the war, so it must have been something fairly recent. Speaking of which, where was Terriermon? And the others, for that matter. Why were they not here, but she was?

“It’s not a current event, Judi,” Ben warned. “This war has been raging for over fifty years.”

Fifty years? Judi thought. “But wouldn’t Digimon know about it? I haven’t heard anything about it.”

“It’s a quiet thing,” the boy replied. “Nothing full scale. It’s mostly just arguing, but arguing always leads somewhere and I’m sure Marsmon is just itching to get this thing out in the open.”

“Then what are you fighting about?” Judi countered. “It must be something bad if it’s lasted fifty years.”

Ben sighed and ran a hand through his hair. He cast his eyes downward into the fire, watching the flames dance and lick at each other. “It used to just be about ruling and the realms and such,” he said quietly. “But now, something has been stolen.”

“Stolen?” Judi’s voice was dry, choked almost. Something had been stolen from the Olympians, which meant it must have almost infinite value. “What was it?”

That cocky grin appeared on Ben’s face again. “All in good time, Judi,” he replied. “But you need to know that you and your friends back in the field will need to side with Neptunemon when the time comes.” Ben stood abruptly, his eyes lingering back to the fire.

“But wait,” Judi said, standing with him. “How do I get back? I don’t even know where I am!”

“It’s alright,” Ben murmured, turning on his heel and marching towards the doors at the end of the anti-chamber. “Was Hermes not the god of travellers?” And then he was gone.

[Heroes]​

A cold liquid trickled down the back of Judi’s throat and she snapped her eyes open, choking. She coughed, but the sight of Liam and Jarred’s worried faces instantly brought her back into focus. Where was the Parthenon? What had happened to Ben? Why wasn’t she back in the field?

“Where am I?” she managed between coughs.

“We managed to find a small town not too far away from the edge of the field,” Terriermon chimed as he hopped onto the bed and wrapped Judi in an embrace from his ears.

It was cloudy and overcast outside, a cross between the sunny day she had witnessed on their departure from Primary Village and the storm she had faced on Mount Olympus.

“How long have I been out?” Judi asked, suddenly suspicious. Neither of the boys would meet her eyes and even Terriermon wouldn’t answer her question.

“A couple days,” Jarred said finally. “That field we crossed basically stretched on forever. We’re surprised we even made it to the other side.”

But that dream, it could have only taken half an hour. How could something like that stretch on for so long? But Judi remembered what Ben had said to her, about Hermes being the god of travellers. Perhaps it was his Digital equivalent that had helped them? She’d have to ponder that later, when there weren’t so many other things to prioritize.

“So, are we closer to Mount Olympus?” Judi asked, breaking the silence of the awkward answer. “Or do we even know where we’re going?”

“We’re trying to figure that out,” Veemon said, his head popping up on the edge of the bed. “A few locals say that it’s north east of this town.”

“We can head out tomorrow, after Judi’s rested and we’ve stocked up,” Patamon added, swooping in through the doorway that Judi just noticed. By the looks of it, it led into a busy kitchen where people were chopping vegetables and such.

“Are we in a restaurant?” she asked, inhaling deeply and allowing the smell of teriyaki rice bowls fill her nostrils.

“Yeah. It was the only place that would give us lodging,” Jarred replied sheepishly. “I mean, considering we don’t have much money, we volunteered to wash their dishes and everything if they’d let us stay here and tend to you.”

Judi’s face burned a little. It was a little embarrassing to just show up outside someone’s business and ask to stay until one of their travelling companions gained consciousness again. If she ever met Ben O’Brien again, she’d definitely ask about that whole travelling method.

“Have you paid it all off yet?” Judi asked as she swung her feet over the side of the bed. She stood uncertainly, but when she was sure that she was feeling alright, pushed her feet into a pair of shoes and tied her hair up in a ponytail.

“Judi, you don’t need to do any work,” Jarred said, but Judi held up her hand in protest.

“I’m the reason we’re here,” she said. “And perhaps we can gain more information about Mount Olympus.”

[Heroes]

Once, in order to pay off a new set of skates, Judi had gotten a job working at the prestigious restaurant Lumiere (back when Rob Feenie was still the owner) as a dishwasher. She had been good at her job and even stayed on a while after earning enough money for her skates. Eventually, she quit because she didn’t have the time to work anymore, but the experience had stayed with her.

Now, as Judi washed dishes in soapy water up to her elbows, she remembered how much she hadn’t actually enjoyed the job, but more the people she worked with. Back at Lumiere, people had been friendly. The Digimon she and Liam were working with now were far from that.

“Have you tried asking any of them about our point of interest?” Judi asked as she scrubbed a plate clean and handed it to Liam. The boy shook his head in response.

“We’ve sort of left that to the Digimon. They say it would be suspicious having us ask. It’s weird enough having three humans here because everyone knows about the prophecy.” He passed the dried plate to a passing floral Digimon who stacked it neatly with the others.

But Judi needed answers. She had seen Mount Olympus, hid inside their layer and talked with an Olympian himself. If she could piece together how to get there, there could be hope for them.

The next opportunity that came up was when Judi was dumping the garbage out in the large bin behind the restaurant. She held her breath as she opened the dumpster, letting fly-like Digimon burst from within as she dumped that day’s trash inside. Hastily, she shut the bin’s lid and backed away from it. That’s when she noticed she wasn’t alone.

A stooped figure stood at the other end of the alley. He had a pointed hat and a cape, but had his back turned towards Judi. Still, he looked human-like, so Judi figured he must be somewhat intelligent. Some of the Digimon she had met so far inside the kitchen were highly dimwitted and shouldn’t be allowed to handle sharp knives.

“Excuse me,” Judi said politely, setting her garbage pail down beside the door that led back into the kitchen. “You look like someone who could help me.”

The figure turned, showing off blazing green eyes. The rest of his face was hidden behind his dark navy cloak, which was pulled up high. In one hand he clutched a sceptre, the shining sun attached to the end while the other gripped something tightly between the gloved fingers.

He pointed his sceptre at Judi and said, “Step no closer, Tamer.”

Judi raised her hands in surrender. “Look, I don’t want to hurt you,” she said sternly. “I just want to ask you a question... about Mount Olympus.”

Something flashed within the Digimon’s eyes, unrecognizable it was gone so fast. He eyed Judi before pulling a milk crate over and gesturing to a container opposite that used to hold Raman noodles. “Sit down then. Though I warn you, I don’t have all day.”

Happiness spread across Judi’s features as she dusted her hands on her kitchen apron and settled herself down on the crate the Digimon recommended.

“I am Wizardmon,” he introduced, “Watcher of the Sun.”

“Um, I am Judi...” the skater replied, unsure of what to add to the end. However, she didn’t have to.

“Dreamer of Olympus,” Wizardmon replied. “I know.”

Judi nodded excitedly. “Then maybe you know why we’re sitting here in this back alley.”

“You want to find your way to Olympus, young one?” the Digimon responded, pocketing the small object in the hand not occupied by the staff. “Your dreams have left you wondering?”

“Yes,” came the breathless reply. The fragments of the dream were vivid in Judi’s mind; the bright fire, the rich colours of the furniture, the awesome brilliance that the Parthenon seemed to bask in. Even the rain was fresh in her mind, the feeling of her wet clothes clinging to her mind as they had to her body.

“I cannot help you,” Wizardmon said. Upon seeing Judi’s distressed look, he continued. “What you seek is not for me to give. The path to Olympus is different for all those who travel upon it with only the final obstacle being the same. I can only offer you advice, and possibly guidance upon your journey, though there is a price to pay.”

“I’ll pay it,” Judi said, barely hesitating.

Wizardmon cast her a sceptical look, as if he wasn’t sure he could trust her. Judi couldn’t blame him. Who was going to trust a stranger in a back alley, much less a human one of the prophecy? However, Wizardmon nodded.

“You must be careful with whom you make deals with,” he said, reaching for his pocket again. “Some are not as forgiving as I.” He dismissed Judi’s confused look and pulled out a strange object, the one he had been clutching earlier.

It seemed to be an old fashioned spinning top, the kinds people used to spin with a piece of string wound tightly around the top and then pulling it. However, it sparkled with all the familiar colours of the antechamber at the Parthenon, and Judi could swear she could see the flaming brazier reflected in the deep red and golden colourings along the side.

“This is a Manteiopter,” Wizardmon said, spinning the top very slowly between two spindly fingers. “Ask it questions and get answers in return. However, you must be pure enough to ask or else it will shatter in your hands, and you must be smart enough to decipher its answers. Break this Manteiopter, and you break the very fabric of the Digital World.”

Judi gulped, but accepted the spinning top. She had promised Wizardmon to keep it safe, but the possibility of unravelling the material that constructed the world she resided in was a heavy weight to rest on her shoulders.

“Now,” she said, getting back to business. “You said you would help me too. What can you offer now? What lies ahead of us on our journey?”

Though she could not see it due to the cloak, she knew Wizardmon was smiling. He rose from his seat on the milk crate, and tugged at the brim of his pointed hat. “That,” he said as he twirled his sceptre in a circle, opening a large hole into time, “is why I gave you the Manteiopter.”

[END]​

So there's the next chapter. I have some RPF to write, so I'm unsure of when the next chapter will be up. There is a new notice on the first post of this thread that you should check out if you have questions or concerns about plot work. Thanks for reading and I hope to hear from you in a review :)

Last edited:

ryodragonite

Aura Fist
Sorry my reply is so late. So the Ben guy Im assuming is a digimon? And not the real one or if he is hes just on the bad side. Right? But I didnt get the whole Hermes is the god of traveling. Kind of confusing but still a pretty good chapter for not much action.

Double-oh-Platypus

Sorry it's been such a long time. Things were getting out of hand with all my homework and skating and such, but now that summer is just around the corner I hope to be updating a lot more frequently :)

Hole

With the battle with Indramon behind them, it seemed like things could actually go back to normal for a while. Or at least, that's what Seger thought. He had no idea that there would be so much trouble with just PawnChessmon.

"What are we going to do with you?" the skier mumbled as he ran a hand through his dirty blonde hair. "You're too big for my locker now, even though it is a full sized one."

"You could always leave me at home," the snow white Digimon offered. The personality within PawnChessmon was a lot different than that of Puttimon. Where the In-Training Digimon had been a life force of pure happy energy, PawnChessmon was very subdued and got right down to business, like a cavalryman preparing for battle.

Seger rolled his eyes. "Just because you're different now doesn't mean that I can't trust you alone here. Besides, with Biyomon and Salamon, I'm not sure it's safe to leave all three of you alone."

The two companions were back at the park where Seger had unknowingly talked to Haleigh. Seger was trying to teach PawnChessmon how to pass a soccer ball back and forth, but he might as well have been teaching a rock how to jump. His Digimon's legs were just obviously not built for kicking things. Still, with Morgan gone for an indoor soccer tournament and Sarah at a dance recital, their Sunday was shaping up to be rather boring.

PawnChessmon shrugged his shoulders, the metal of his armor clanging loudly against itself. "Well obviously Biyomon is just a ball of energy. You'd never be able to get her to calm down, and Salamon acts like a baby all the time, so I suppose you're right. We really are a not very trusty bunch of Digimon." He lined up his jousting spear with the soccer ball and swung at it like a golf ball. It sailed towards Seger who neatly caught it on his knees. Though he had never had time to do a lot of soccer with all his skiing Jarred had taught him a few essentials.

Now, in the middle of January it was nice to be able to play soccer outside. The grass was a little wet, but that was expected in Vancouver. It hardly ever stopped raining.

"Which leads back to the original question," Seger said with a sigh. "What are we going to do with you Digimon while we're at school?" Little did he know that that problem would be solved for him soon enough.

[Heroes]​

Later that day, Seger figured that the fridge in the apartment looked rather empty. Had Morgan been refilling it, or had they been eating expired yogurt all this time? Turning queasy at the thought, he dug around the house until he found the grocery money and set off to the store with PawnChessmon in tow.

The idea of no disguise for the white knight Digimon had actually been Sarah's idea from a couple of days ago. "You could just tell people he's in costume," she offered. "Pretend he's your little brother."

"What if someone taps him on the shoulder? His armor is metal, not plastic, Sarah," Seger said.

"We'll get there when we get there," she had replied.

Now, there they were, boy and Digimon, walking down the street in broad day light. A few people were giving them odd looks, but so far no one had stopped them. They just continued on their way, almost forgetting that they had business meetings or deals to close.

"What are we doing, Cigar?" PawnChessmon asked, his voice sounding slightly muffled.

"It's Seger," the Tamer corrected. "How many times do I have to correct you?"

"Sorry," the Digimon replied. Looming ahead of them was a food mart where Seger hoped he could buy some frozen dinners and maybe some apples. They were also running out of things to drink too, considering that Vancouver tap water wasn't always the best.

They continued their shopping in silence, striding up and down the aisles and dropping things into their basket. They only had thirty-five dollars to spend on the food and therefore had to spend it wisely.

"That means no junk food," Seger sternly told his partner. "No chips or candy or soft drinks."

PawnChessmon sighed. It had been the only thing in the apartment for the past couple days and had become a staple part of their diets. Though highly unhealthy, it was easy to buy a large bag of chips for less than three dollars and manage to live off it for a day.

The two finished their shopping in no time, paying and then heading back out into the sunlight. It was a beautiful day, and Seger was glad for the freedom of the weekend. While his friends would be competing indoors, he would be able to spend all his time outside. He sighed contently, swinging the shopping bag to and fro between him and PawnChessmon.

"Seger," PawnChessmon said slowly, gazing at his partner expectantly for approval. When Seger looked back, the Digimon continued, "What happened to the sun? It's just... gone." His head tilted upwards and Seger's followed, gazing at the inky black sky. Swirling indigo clouds blotted out the sun and the air was chillier than when they had gone in. Seger wrapped his track jacket farther around himself and shivered. It hadn't been like this when they had gone in, and though Vancouver weather was known to change this had been the fastest. There hadn't even been too many clouds when they had gone into the super mart.

The two comrades hurried down the street, not wanting to get caught in the rain that was surely to follow with clouds like those above. The grocery bag bounced carelessly against Seger's legs as they wove and dashed through throngs of people, all heading off to things more important than noticing a boy and a knight in shining armor. It wasn't until they had rounded the corner that they heard the scream.

It was blood-curdling and Seger whirled around, his free hand going to his pocket where his Digivice was. Cautiously, he and PawnChessmon poked their heads around the wall of the building they had just rounded to see a middle-aged lady screaming and pointing to the heavens. And soon, she wasn't the only one.

Following their gaze, Seger craned his neck backwards to see what everyone was looking at. When he saw, he was astounded.

It was like the sky had opened up or something, for there was a great gash in the sky; a hole that had torn its way through the the clouds. Swirling streams of fractal code danced inside the opening of the hole, taunting Seger, and before he knew what he was doing, he was dragging PawnChessmon down the street, away from the scene.

"What are you doing?" the Digimon asked, his feet skidding along the ground as he attempted to halt his partner. However, years of training for ski racing had built up Seger's leg muscles and he tugged on PawnChessmon relentlessly. "Don't you want to stay and fight?"

"Strength in numbers," Seger muttered. "We've got to find Morgan and Sarah." As they hurried down the street many more people passed him, heading closer to the hole to take a better look at it. People were fishing out their phones from their pockets and purses, snapping pictures of the unusual phenomenon. It was the perfect opportunity.

The first car that Seger saw was a Toyota Prius. The owner had pulled into a parking spot on the side of the road and was just getting out. Though sickened at the thought, Seger knew what had to be done.

"PC," he said slowly, nodding his head towards the man. He couldn't see his Digimon's eyes, hidden beneath his visor, but he was sure they must have widened.

"Seger, are you sure?" he asked, fingering the end of his lance carefully. When Seger nodded, the Digimon sighed. "Pawn Buckler!" he cried, tossing his shield through the air. It hit the man in the legs, making him buckle upon impact.

The two partners wasted no time. They rushed forward and dove into the car, Seger dropping some money on the man's shirt. "I'm sorry," he gushed, snatching the keys from their victim and slamming the car door shut. "But this is an emergency. Maybe you'll thank me later." He jammed the start button ignition and sucked in a breath as the car hummed to life.

"Seger..." PawnChessmon said slowly. "Do you even know how to drive?"

"Nope," Seger replied as he carefully pulled out of the parking spot and jerkily sped down the road.

[Heroes]​

It didn't take Seger too long to figure out driving. Through trial and error he found that hitting the brakes was too jerky, and that by easing off the gas pedal before reaching the stop light or stop sign made things look more natural; like the silver Toyta Prius heading down the road wasn't driven by a fourteen-year-old.

"Do you know where we're going?" PawnChessmon asked shakily as Seger turned onto Kingsway, which was looking quite busy. Police cars and television vans streaked past the two of them, not pausing to take a look at one of the lone cars escaping the scene of the crime. They were all too busy trying to reach their destination, for the hole was now so big it could be seen as far away as Stanley Park.

"Sarah told me the address of her dance studio in case we needed her," Seger said, gritting his teeth as he dug through one of his pockets and jerked the car a little with the remaining hand on the steering wheel. He had been excited that he would get his license in a couple of years, but after this experience, Seger wasn't sure he wanted to drive a car any time in the near future. Finally, he pulled a slightly crumpled and torn piece of paper from his pocket and tossed it at his Digimon, who caught it with fumbling fingers and began smoothing it out.

"Penticton Street and East Sixth Broadway," PawnChessmon read aloud. "Is that far from here?"

Seger watched as a street sign passed them as they tore through a green light. It had said Fraser Street, which meant they were steadily heading south. They would need to meet up with Nanaimo Street before they could head up to East Sixth Broadway again. "We need a map," he said, irritated. If they had been living in a smaller city, this wouldn't have been a problem. But Vancouver was just so big. They were going to have to get a map or a GPS before they kept going or else they would soon be lost and no help to anyone.

As Seger drove on down Kingsway, PawnChessmon began rooting around the nooks and crannies of the car for a map. He finally found one in the glove box and unfolded it, letting it stretch across his lap and the dashboard. There was silence in the car as they sped down the road as the Digimon checked for their location before he said, "What was the last street we just passed?"

"Knight Street," Seger said, grinning. It was a little ironic, really, considering that there was a knight in the car. "Do we have much farther to go?"

PawnChessmon pondered the map for a moment, his armor clad finger trailing along the road before glancing up and then dropping his gaze back to the map. "Yeah, quite a bit. I'd say, with this traffic, maybe another twenty minutes."

Seger groaned in frustration. It was going to take them forever to get to the dance studio; half of Vancouver could already be destroyed by whatever that hole could have spat out by now. He wished that Morgan and Sarah hadn't had things to this weekend.

He wished that Judi, Jarred and Liam were home.

Judi would know exactly what to do if she were with him. "We need to keep an eye on it," she would say. "Call the others and let them come to us." Seger didn't know why he hadn't followed Judi's voice in his head before, but it was too late now. Besides, that had been where the circumstances had been different. They didn't have time to wait for the others to come to him and PawnChessmon.

"Here," he said, tossing his phone at his Digimon and gripping the steering wheel tightly. He saw Findlay Street flash by and knew they were getting closer. "Call Sarah's phone and then Morgan's. It doesn't matter if you end up talking to them or their voice mail, tell them we're on our way."

It fell silent in the car again as PawnChessmon clumsily scrolled through Seger's contacts and called Sarah's number. The clouds that had been floating above them previously had decided to open up and pour on them and Seger fumbled for the windshield wipers, which began clearing the water that was blurring Seger's view of the road.

"Er, hello. This is PawnChessmon. This is Sarah? No wait, there's no answer. That means that this is Sarah's voice mail?" There was a long pause, as if PawnChessmon was waiting for someone to confirm this. "Well, I thought I should let you know on Seger's behalf that we are coming and will be there-" The phone flew from his hands as Seger stomped hastily on the break and turned left onto Nanaimo Street. The Digimon picked up the phone, yelled a hasty "good-bye" before glaring at his tamer.

"Next time, a little warning would be nice," he said icily, dropping the phone into the drink holder. One of his hands gripped tightly to the handle on the door while the other was clutching the strap of his seat belt.

"Well, sorry," Seger retorted, just as angry. "If someone had been paying a bit more attention to the map I wouldn't have had to just about get us killed."

"I was following your other instructions!" PawnChessmon cried out. "I'm only a simple knight. I cannot be expected to do everything at once."

Seger sighed. He knew PawnChessmon was right. It must have been the stress and frustration though, that was making Seger so crabby. Still, they drove on in silence, with the exception of PawnChessmon mumbling directions for Seger every once in a while when they would reach another street. It was still another fifteen minutes before they made it to the theatre, and by the looks of things, the recital was still in full swing.

"Great," Seger mumbled as the two leaped from the car and headed up the front steps of the theatre. "How are we supposed to get Sarah to notice us?" They stormed into the theatre and and looked around for the entrance to the hall where the performances were taking place. Judging from the mass of people that were milling about, it was just over to their left.

A prim looking lady was seated at the entrance, flipping through what looked like an autobiography of some famous person. Seger was about to wrench the door to the hall open when she slammed her book down on the table, causing most people around them to jump.

"What do you think you're doing?" she snapped at Seger, who let go of the door handle as if it had burst into flames.

"Er, entering the theatre?" Seger suggested, taking a step back.

"There is currently a performance on," the lady snarled. "When the particular set is finished the doors will be open and people will be allowed to enter and exit as they please."

Seger bit on the inside of his cheek. "And how long will that take?" he asked finally, catching the gaze of PawnChessmon who was hanging back at the edge of the crowd so as not to be too much of a distraction.

"Ten or fifteen minutes," the lady said. "Now if you could be patient like every other person here, you can be let in shortly."

Scowling like a child, Seger wove his way through the crowd and back to his Digimon. "At this rate that thing hovering over Expo Boulevard will have swallowed up half the city by the time we get Sarah out of here," Seger muttered, who had now taken to checking the time on his phone every ten seconds. It certainly wasn't making the time go any faster, and was making him and PawnChessmon increasingly nervous.

Finally, the sound of applause could be heard from inside the hall and the doors burst open, allowing a flood of people to exit and the crowd waiting outside to push their way through. On his way in, Seger grabbed a program off the table where the lady was reading and leafed through it. It seemed that they had arrived just in time, for this was Sarah's final performance. However, it was scheduled to last twenty minutes.

How are we supposed to sit here twenty minutes while some digital force is wreaking havoc on Vancouver right now? Seger thought angrily. Around him, people were seating themselves and then the lights dimmed. Seger looked up, his gaze falling upon a large crystal chandelier that resided over the main walkway. His eyes traveled back to the stage where the dancers had entered and he could just make out Sarah from the heavy make-up on her face.

His eyes traveled back to the chandelier.

"PC," he muttered, so as not to draw too much attention to himself and the Digimon at his side. "Do you think you could-" But PawnChessmon seemed to have had the same idea. He pulled his shield from his arm and aimed carefully. Then, with a cry that was so out of place with the classical music and the ballerinas on the stage, he flung his shield towards the light fixture.

"Pawn Buckler!"

With a snap, the chord holding the chandelier snapped and it fell twenty feet onto the ground below. Around them, people screamed, but Seger and PawnChessmon raced past them, heading towards the stage where Sarah had spotted them.

"What do you think you're doing?" she raged, jumping down from the stage and advancing on Seger. From backstage a large pink bird flew out and landed beside Sarah. "That was my key performance. There were scouts in the audience."

Without so much as batting an eyelash, Seger proceeded to explain to Sarah what had happened downtown. Gradually, her anger faded and was replaced with disbelief and fear.

"They... they... what?" she spluttered, ushering them all backstage again. She located her bag and quickly changed her shoes, pulling out her Digivice in the process. Dancers were flitting around backstage, clearing in a disarray while people were working on cleaning up the mess in the main hall. "Come on," she muttered, leading them out a door near the costume rack. "We can get back downtown and figure things out."

As soon as they shut the door they rounded the side of the building and back out front where they stopped in their tracks.

Guarding the front doors and preventing people from exiting were a group of large blue dinosaurs in combat outfits and guns. Immediately, Seger and Sarah's Digivices began beeping, a high pitched sound that alerted the guards of their presence.

"Commandramon, Rookie level Digimon," Seger read quickly off his Digivice. There wasn't much more data worth mentioning as a second group of Commandramon advanced on them led by an extraordinary sight.

A woman, tall and elegant looking was striding towards them. She had huge white wings extending from her shoulder blades that looked like they could stretch twelve feet across. A white dove mask covered her face but her sparkling blue eyes could be seen through the cuts. She was wearing a light blue dress that seemed to have armor incorperated into it and her long blonde hair was plaited neatly at the back of her head.

"Ah, so I thought correct," she drawled, her beautiful voice resounding throughout the empty square. "There are two Tamers here."

The beeping on their Digivices was now so high and close together that it just sounded like an annoying buzzing sound. This time, Sarah checked her Digivice for information.

"Venusmon," she read aloud. "One of the Twelve Olympians of the Digital World."

"I'm glad that you're so well informed," Venusmon said with a smirk. "Too bad it won't help you much once you're dead." She lifted her hands and swarms of Commandramon's rushed forward, all after one thing: to eliminate the two Tamers before them.

[END]​

So there's the latest chapter. Hope you enjoyed it and I'll try and get the next update soon.

Last edited:

Giratina!

Backstreet's back
Any Greek references that are made may or may not be related to the series Percy Jackson and the Olympians by Rick Riordan. It is a source of great Greek mythology and I highly suggest you read this amazing series.
Before I begin, I'd like to add my opinion as a mythology geek: there are many better sources for mythological information than the Percy Jackson series, among them Mythology by Edith Hamilton. Riordan butchered and warped half of the myths he got his hands on, and the others just seemed like he was cramming them in just to make it more mythtastic. Mythology is much clearer and more concise than anything a novel can provide while still seeming like it has substance. (It should also be noted that after book 1, the Percy Jackson series was just lame.)

That said, time for the actual chapter.

His eyes traveled back to the chandelier.
Hello, Phantom of the Opera...

Guarding the front doors and preventing people from exiting were a group of large blue dinosaurs in combat outfits and guns.
Commandramon? [squee]

Overall, good chapter. No major complaints. C: Keep writing!

Double-oh-Platypus

Before I begin, I'd like to add my opinion as a mythology geek: there are many better sources for mythological information than the Percy Jackson series, among them Mythology by Edith Hamilton. Riordan butchered and warped half of the myths he got his hands on, and the others just seemed like he was cramming them in just to make it more mythtastic. Mythology is much clearer and more concise than anything a novel can provide while still seeming like it has substance. (It should also be noted that after book 1, the Percy Jackson series was just lame.)

Overall, good chapter. No major complaints. C: Keep writing!

I'll keep my eyes out for it. I just find that besides the internet, Riordan's books are my best bet considering I own all of them, and they are probably the sole reason I am so interested in Greek mythology now (that and Class of the Titans, which was very cheesy but somewhat enjoyable).

And thanks :) It took me forever to write that chapter, mainly because there wasn't much action to it. I'm glad to hear back from you though. I love hearing your opinions :)

Giratina!

Backstreet's back
Yus, it is very fascinating. Actually, a lot of classes on myths use it as a replacement for a textbook. 8D I own a copy and I reference it all the time. Great fun.

No problem. C: I hear you when you say it takes a while to write some chapters... though personally I find Pokémon battles utterly impossible to write. >:|

Double-oh-Platypus

So the updates are a little faster now that summer is out, but this chapter has been split into two parts, simply because I get tired of writing the same thing and thinking it's going to take another two thousand words to finish it. So I've decided to get to writing the next part of this chapter tomorrow, but I wanted to put up something, so here's the first part. :)

Love Drunk, Part I

When Judi re-entered the restaurant, she hesitated, feeling the weight of the Manteiopter in her apron pocket. Wizardmon had not specifically told her to not tell anyone, yet she was a little apprehensive showing it to the others. What if they tried to read it too, only to have it shatter for them? Judi didn't dare try and ask it a question, despite the fact that it had been clear that she had a pure soul. Still, there was a certain nagging thought in the back of her mind, the fact that if she messed up then the Digital World would break around her and she would never get home to Morgan and Seger.

It is for this very reason that you may ask safely, the Manteiopter seemed to tell her from the inside of her pocket, but she still refused to believe it.

The rest of the day was spent washing dishes and preparing noodles for the dinner crowd. The only plus was that Judi, Liam, Jarred and their Digimon got free food too, though it wasn't exactly free if you had to pay it off with work. Still, Judi couldn't see them sticking around much longer. With the Manteiopter it would be easier to bring down the Olympians, meaning they could go home. Things were normal there, a breath of fresh air from all the craziness in the Digital World.

"Did you hear about Venusmon?" someone at the bar asked, and Judi, who had been wiping the counter and eating noodles at the same time almost choked on them. Composing herself carefully and smiling at the two, she hurried into the back room for some disinfectant spray to return to listen to the two customers. She had recognized Venusmon as one of the Olympians that Terriermon had identified with her. She was modeled after Venus or Aphrodite, her Greek counter part and had a great and most terrible beauty about her that could captivate any man and have them lead themselves to their deaths.

"I hear she led a number of troops out of this world. Crazy, right? There is no other world besides this one!" The two customers laughed, leaving their money on the counter and exiting the shop, meanwhile, Judi's stomach dropped. If what they said was true, then the real world was in just as much danger as this one.

I suppose you've won, Judi thought savagely to the Manteiopter. I'll deal with you after my shift.

[Heroes]​

With a surge of energy that neither Sarah or Seger could understand, they seemed to leap into action mode with their Digimon. Both Rookies charged at the advancing Commandramon, firing off attacks that would occasionally bounce off the armor of the enemies. Sarah and Seger ducked and wove, making their way through the sea of Digimon towards the one that mattered most.

Venusmon was even more intimidating up close. The beauty she emanated was overwhelming and Seger couldn't help but have his eyes drawn towards every stunning feature. As they drew nearer, the smile on Venusmon's face grew and she flapped her angel wings noiselessly.

"Seger and Sarah, I presume?" she asked, her piercing blue eyes staring down at them from between her dove mask. "A pleasure to meet you. I now have the pleasure of finishing you off myself." She paused however, her hand moving over her hip once before scowling. "Apparently it is not for me to do though," she snarled, her eyes narrowing violently. Seger and Sarah exchanged glances. What did Venusmon mean by "it was not for me to do"? It didn't make any sense, but there was a time to discuss it and this wasn't it.

"My siblings are always believing me to be useless," she said, her voice rising as the battle behind them raged. "But I'll show them. You are lucky to be spared of death, but not of pain." From nowhere she grabbed a glowing scepter that looked as if it were made of ice. The end was pointed like a spear and glittered like the ocean was held inside. "Jalousie de peur!" she shrieked, pointing the spear point at Seger.

[Heroes]​

After her shift ended, Judi found it increasingly difficult to find a quiet moment. Liam and Jarred were sitting in the bedroom talking, and she knew that if she wanted to go outside Terriermon would follow her. She'd have to make up an excuse.

"Oh, I think I left my Digivice in my apron," Judi invented wildly, hoping the shock and fear on her face was convincing. "I put it in the wash basket, I'll be right back." Her companions nodded at her as she dashed from the room, her Digivice concealed beneath her t-shirt and the Manteiopter clutched tightly in one hand. She rounded a corner and dove into the broom closet, snapping the door closed behind her and tugging on the cord that turned on the light. The small room was instantly bathed in an orange glow from the light above and Judi settled herself on an overturned bucket, musing at the thought of the strange seating she had used so far in using the Mantheiopter.

She pulled a flat board of wood onto her lap and set the Manteiopter on top. Unlike a normal top that it so resembled, the fortune teller of sorts stood neatly on its tip as if it were a ballerina on pointe, waiting to be asked a question.

Suddenly, Judi wasn't so sure anymore. Her doubts and fears had crept up on her again, threatening to make her bail. But she couldn't. She had limited time to do this, for Jarred and Liam would soon be looking for her, so with a deep breath she focussed on the spinning top before her.

"How... how do I keep Seger, Morgan and Sarah safe?" she whispered to it, her breath catching on the last word. There was a pause that seemed to stretch for hours as Judi waited, shaking with the fear that at any moment, the Manteiopter might shatter, but it didn't. Instead, it began to whirl on the wood, tracing patterns across it that Judi could not see. The colours flashed and danced and Judi was reminded again of the Parthenon she had stood in with Ben in her dream. But it hadn't been a dream, she reminded herself. I swear, I was really there.

As the Manteiopter continued to spin, Judi watched it relentlessly. Were the patterns it was making the answer? Wizardmon had said that she would have to be smart enough to decipher what the Manteiopter was telling her, but she hadn't anticipated on ancient runes or anything. Fear gripped Judi's heart, but before she could worry too much, a high, melodic voice seemed to echo around the broom cupboard, though somehow Judi knew it was only for her to hear.

"To travel ahead is a choice of great peril. Not for those faint of heart or who scare well. Danger comes in great shapes and great sizes; the most dangerous knows just what the prize is."

Immediately, the Manteiopter stopped spinning, staying perfectly still like when Judi had first set it on the piece of wood. What had it meant? It talked in riddles, which were never Judi's strong point; those kinds of things were usually left to Morgan, who wasn't there with her.

"Judi?" Liam's muffled voice sounded throughout the noodle house and Judi shot up off her bucket, sending the board and the Manteiopter tumbling to the ground. Cursing under her breath she scooped it up before turning the door handle and sneaking outside.

[Heroes]​

Seger had no idea what had happened. One minute he was standing outside the dance theatre with Sarah and Venusmon, and now he was at the high school. Classes weren't even in session on the weekend and yet, people were milling about. A clock hanging from the ceiling told Seger it was twelve-thirty, lunch time.

Looking around, Seger searched for someone he knew, anyone. And there, down the hallway near the double front doors, stood Morgan and Jarred. They looked to be in deep discussion and Seger pushed through the crowd to get to them. The weird thing was, it was like the people didn't even see him, didn't mind that they were being shoved by a fourteen-year-old.

"Jarred! Morgan!" Seger yelled, racing up to them, but they, like so many others, could not either see or hear him. It was a strange sensation, to know that you were so close, yet so far away from the people around you.

"There's Haleigh," Jarred said with a sigh. Seger turned to look in the direction his brother was gazing and saw Haleigh Campbell, gliding down the hallway towards them with a few of their soccer friends and some other girls that seemed to have been swept up in her wake. As they drew nearer, Seger could sense Jarred's apprehension. Was he going to ask Haleigh out?

The group had finally reached him and Haleigh swept by without so much as a backward glance. A couple of the girls however, detached themselves from the group to strike up a conversation with the boys.

"Hey," Fawn Delatorre greeted, smiling at Morgan. "How've you been?" And to Seger's surprise she leaned up and kissed Morgan swiftly on the cheek.

"Fine, thanks. How are you guys doing?" Morgan replied, wrapping an arm around Fawn's waist.

Had Judi ever mentioned Morgan having a girlfriend? He didn't think so, and Morgan himself had never mentioned it. Maybe it was just something that wasn't worth mentioning, although Seger would have thought he would have seen Fawn more often. If they were together, then Seger was sure that Fawn would have visited plenty of times, but maybe this was something recent.

The other girl was apparently someone Jarred had never met before, for she introduced herself to him. She was a shorter girl with plain brown hair and hazel coloured eyes and said her name was Andie Dowey, a dancer by the way she seemed to hold herself. However, Seger seemed to recognize that Andie wasn't a ballerina like Sarah; she was probably a hip-hop dancer and for this, Seger liked her very much.

She seemed to be looking between Fawn and Morgan and then back to Jarred, as if she felt uncomfortable, like a third wheel. As Fawn and Morgan began a conversation though, Andie seemed to make a decision. "Do you want to get a frozen yogurt?" she asked, referring to the shop down the street which was a favourite hangout for many of the high schoolers.

"Sure," Jarred replied. He turned to Morgan and cast Fawn a skeptical glance. "I'll see you in science, Morgan," he said before following Andie out the front doors.

The sun was shining and many kids were spending their day outside. No one looked up as Jarred and Andie crossed the yard and headed off down the street. "So you're a soccer player?" Andie asked, for lack of something better to say.

"Er, yeah," Jarred replied. "I play on the U-17 team with Morgan."

"Oh, cool," Andie replied. The shop could now be seen just up ahead. "Yeah, I never really got into soccer as a kid. Dance is sort of more my thing." The two of them entered the shop and Seger followed them in, noticing that two tables had been put together for Haleigh and her friends.

"Andie!" Haleigh called from the table, waving her and Jarred over. Andie held up a finger and ordered two yogurts, handing one to Jarred before weaving her way through the remaining tables to where her friends were sitting. Jarred followed, apprehensively, but when Andie motioned for him, he hurried up and slid into an empty seat between Haleigh and Andie.

"Where's Fawn?" Haleigh asked, swirling a straw through an frappacuino that had clearly come from the Starbucks next door.

"With her new boyfriend," Andie replied with a sigh. She smiled fondly at her yogurt, scooping some into her mouth.

"I don't know what she sees in him," Haleigh said with a laugh. "I mean, I could have hooked her up with some soccer kid that's not only cuter than Morgan Hayes, but also way more talented."

Seger's gut clenched. How could she just talk about Morgan like that? She didn't even know him. He turned to Jarred, waiting for him to defend his best friend, but the words that came out of Jarred's mouth were not what he expected.

"I know what you mean," the older boy said, drawing Haleigh's attention to himself. "I mean, he's a little dumb too. I don't even know how he made it into AP Science."

Haleigh narrowed her eyes. "Aren't you friends with him though?" she questioned, a smirk crawling onto her normally pretty features.

A faint blush appeared on Jarred's cheeks, but he composed himself quickly. "He's nice enough," he admitted. "But really, I just sort of took pity on him. It's so sad when people don't have friends." Many people around the table laughed as Seger fumed. How could his brother say something like that? If he could, Seger would go and slap Jarred, but he didn't have to. Apparently Andie was having similar thoughts.

"You take pity on him?" she whispered into his ear, her eyes narrowing darkly. "If only Morgan could hear you say that to his face. What kind of a friend are you, Jarred?" she asked. She stood, her facial features re-arranging themselves into a pleasant look. "I got to go, Haleigh," she said. "I have to finish some homework for that class with Figgins. You know how he is." Haleigh waved her hand dismissively, turning her attention back to Jarred. Andie scowled, turning on her heel and dumping her empty yogurt cup in the garbage. Seger made to follow, but the scene changed.

[Heroes]​

"We should leave tonight," Judi said, packing her laptop back into her backpack. She knew Liam and Jarred were communicating silently with each other, but she didn't care. The faster they brought down the Olympians, the sooner her brother and Seger and the rest of the real world would be safe.

"Can't we wait till morning?" Terriermon asked as he came traipsing back into the room, followed by Patamon and Veemon. "I don't exactly fancy getting caught by one of the other patrol guards."

"It doesn't matter," Judi said. "We can fight."

"Judi, what's up?" Jarred asked. "You're being so unlike yourself. What's wrong?"

Judi sighed. She hadn't told them about what she had heard the two customers saying, much less what the Manteiopter had told her. Liam and Jarred were watching her closely as Terriermon came over and climbed onto her shoulder. It was now or never.

So Judi explained to her companions about what she had heard, how taking down the Olympians sooner rather than later would benefit everyone. Liam nodded calmly, but Judi could see the panic that Jarred held in his eyes, the same that coursed through her veins. His brother and best friend were back there, just like Judi's.

"Fine," he said, startling everyone out of their thoughts. "Let's go. But if we get caught it's your fault Judi."

[Heroes]​

When the world seemed to stop spinning Seger found himself at the skating rink where Judi spent a lot of her time. It looked like she had just finished an off-ice class and was getting ready to head onto the ice because she was lacing up her skates. Around him, Seger saw other girls and the occasional boy bustling around, tossing tape or gloves to each other as well as hair clips between the girls.

"Judi, can I borrow a bobby pin please?" a girl that looked no older than eleven stood patiently beside Judi. She was obviously a high performance skater as well, because her skates were laced and everything, but it still surprised Seger. She was easily the youngest girl there.

"Yeah, sure," Judi replied. "They're in the front pocket of my bag." The girl nodded, rummaging through Judi's bag before heading off to her own spot. That was when Seger noticed that Judi wasn't alone. Wandering near the doors to the ice surface was Liam, who was tugging at the sleeve of his jacket. It looked like he had been running around on the track around the soccer fields, but was about to watch Judi skate.

"So, you're practicing for Provincials?" Liam asked quietly as he sat down next to Judi, smiling brightly at her. Seger had the sudden urge to punch Liam, mainly because that should have been him, sitting next to Judi as she laced her skates and pulled her hair back into a neat ponytail. Where had he been at this time.

"Yeah," Judi replied, returning Liam's smile. "I'm really excited. My long program's music is to the Lord of the Rings; it's such a great song really." Liam nodded, as if he understood what Judi was saying, but Seger knew other wise. It had taken him five long years to distinguish the many jumps, spins and other talks of a figure skater as it had taken Judi that long to understand the talk of a skier.

A few of the girls were heading into the rink, laughing and chatting and one of them waved at Judi. "Hurry up," she called. "I want to show you my double Axel!"

"Just a minute!" Judi replied eagerly, turning back to Liam. "You don't really have to watch," she said quietly, rocking on her skate guards. She was almost as tall as Liam with her skates on, allowing them to see almost eye to eye.

"But I want to," Liam replied with a smile. He enveloped Judi in a hug and kissed her cheek.

Seger would have told himself any other time that the feeling he was feeling in the pit of his stomach was simply because Judi was his best friend and that they were practically siblings. It was natural for him to feel protective of her, but he wasn't so sure this time. This strange dream world was consuming and put new feelings in his heart, new words in his mouth. Did he really care about Judi more than just a friend?

The two of them separated, Judi bouncing off to join her friends in the rink, Liam heading off to sit in the stands, leaving Seger to ponder what he saw as the scene changed once again.

[END]​

So like I mentioned before, I'll get to writing the next part of this tomorrow. I'm just kind of tired of this chapter, but I have to get it done.

On the bright side, I now have a lot of the ideas I need to complete this story. They just seem to pop straight out of my head and I love each and every one of them. :) Hope you enjoyed the chapter.

Double-oh-Platypus

Sorry it's been a little later than I had anticipated, but after watching the first episode of Digimon Xros Wars I really got into writing this chapter. The ending might be a little rushed because it felt a little rushed, but I hope you like it nonetheless, considering no one commented on my last chapter.

Love Drunk, Part II

It was dark when they left the noodle shop, chilly like autumn. Judi refused to let herself shiver, to let herself be vulnerable when Seger and Sarah and Morgan were in such a worse position than her. It was cruel, really, to have so much freedom and as Judi turned to glance at Jarred, who was tugging at Liam's sleepy form, she realized it was unfair for them to have no thoughts, no worries, to not have the burden of the Manteioter weighing their pockets down. But it wasn't fair to them to have to carry the burden with Judi.

It was unnerving to look up at the sky and see stars, stars that Judi couldn't recognize. There was no Big Dipper or Orion in the Digital World. In fact, Judi wasn't even sure that there were constellations because the star patterns didn't make any sense. Every once in a while a star would blink out of existence as another - maybe the same one? - popped up somewhere else. It was a strange world that made Judi yearn for home.

"Judi?" Terriermon asked sleepily as he rested his head against Judi's blonde hair. When Judi merely nodded her head in response, Terriermon continued. "What aren't you telling me?"

Judi paused her thinking, contemplating and weighing her options. Could she trust Terriermon? Despite only knowing him for a few days, Judi felt like she could trust the small Digimon like she trusted Jarred and Liam. She trusted all their Digimon that way. Then could she tell Terriermon about the Manteiopter? With a sigh, Judi decided on explaining part of the story. She didn't have to say everything, but just the basics.

"Yesterday, when I was taking out the garbage, I met a Digimon called Wizardmon who, um, gave me advice on defeating the Olympians," Judi said quietly so as not to be overheard by Jarred and Liam. "And, I miss home. I'm worried about Seger and Morgan and even Sarah, who used to annoy the crap out of me but now is one of those people on that top priority list. I just want to get out of here."

Terriermon didn't say anything and Judi fiddled with the strap on the backpack she had been given since arriving in the Digital World. She sensed that Terriermon knew she wasn't telling the whole truth, but was relieved by his words.

"I get it," he said into her ear as Judi clambered over a wooden fence and waited for her friends to catch up. "You've just got to be careful, Judi. You can get hurt here in the Digital World too."

There was a pause as Liam fell from the fence and Jarred scrambled over, kneeling beside him. "I know," Judi said, rushing to Liam's aid as well. "I know."

[Heroes]​

When Seger came to stop at the next scene in the horrific dream he was in, he realized he was back at the middle school, near Sarah's locker to be precise. There was no one around and the skiier figured it must have been after school, such as the time that Sarah and Seger had discovered each other's secrets. Looking around for the people featured in that particular scene, Seger spotted Sarah and a second familiar figure farther down the hallway.

Trevor Birchard was a boy that had basically tormented Seger all his life. He had, at one point, competed against Seger in ski racing until switching to snowboarding, declaring that skiing was too tame for him. Seger had envied how Trevor had been so effortlessly good at every sport he competed in whereas Seger had worked hard to get good at skiing. It hadn't been simple, but he did it and Trevor had simply moved past skiing like it was really nothing in his life.

For a while, Seger didn't see Trevor except during ski season. Trevor had lived in Kelowna in the middle of southern British Columbia and had moved to Vancouver when he and Seger were ten and just happened to stumble upon the school that Seger, Judi, Sarah and Liam had all gone to. And Seger had been picked on by Trevor ever since.

It wasn't just Seger, though, that Trevor tended to annoy. He hit on a lot of girls at school and Seger had a fleeting memory of the time Trevor had tried to hook up with Judi. She had punched him so hard that she broke his nose and she was suspended for a day. Looking forward toward Sarah and Trevor now, Seger suddenly realized what was going on and crept closer.

"So, Sarah, thanks so much for letting me borrow your science notes. I can't believe that my mom made me stay home and miss that class. I told her I was fine, but she begged to differ, and I suppose it was for the best. Turned out I had a stomach bug, but I was lucky enough to get back at it the next day," Trevor said as he carefully tucked a few papers into his backpack.

"No worries," Sarah replied, shifting from foot to foot. Seger knew what she was thinking, how she wanted to get home to Biyomon and check on Salamon and PawnChessmon as well. She really didn't have time to spend with Trevor, but as Seger watched on he realized another thing: Sarah was starting to relax. What was going on? She couldn't possibly be falling for Trevor's charm, could she? She must know about the way he manipulated girls and beat up the boys and tormented teachers, but apparently not. "Glad I could help," she continued, pushing a strand of dark brown hair out of her eyes. Trevor smiled back at her, leaning against the window ledge.

"You're friends with Seger Davis, right?" he asked casually, as if it didn't mean anything (it probably didn't, but Seger was starting to get paranoid).

Sarah nodded. "Yeah, but we're just friends. He'll never see me as something else even though he probably knows I've had a crush on him since like, fifth grade. But whatever. He only has eyes for his best friend, Judi Gretzinger, even though he'll never admit it. I think she was the girl that punched you in the nose."

Seger thought he saw a flicker of annoyance in Trevor's hazel eyes but he might as well have imagined it because it was only fleeting. "Oh yeah, she's pretty, but you're much prettier. Seger's definitely missing out."

Sarah giggled, blushing madly and Trevor laughed. "You want to hang out sometime?" he asked, tossing his head so that his light blonde hair fell back into place. "Grab a pizza or catch a flick? Do something that doesn't involve cutting open a frog together?"

Sarah laughed, a full laugh this time, and shrugged. "Sure," she said, pulling a scrap of paper from her backpack and scribbling on it with a marker from her pocket. She handed it to Trevor with a smile. "Here's my cell number. Text or call me sometime and we'll figure out a day."

"Awesome," Trevor said with a smile, tucking the slip of paper away and with a painful jolt, Seger realized that Trevor would probably never call Sarah in her life. Their happy faces were the last thing he saw before the scene faded to an obsolete blackness.

[Heroes]​

They figured out pretty quick that Liam wasn't really up to walking any farther that night. He had practically passed out from exhaustion and if they came across anymore obstacles like the fence, it was plausible that Liam could really hurt himself. As Jarred walked off in search of firewood, Judi sat with Liam's head in her lap and feeling extremely guilty. If she hadn't demanded for them to set off at night in the first place, they'd all be back at the diner sleeping in a bed instead of on the ground in the middle of nowhere.

"It's not your fault," Liam mumbled sleepily and it startled Judi so much that she yelped in surprise. Liam reached out a hand and entwined it with Judi's, trying to tell her he was sorry without really saying it. He was just so damn tired. "Just don't blame yourself," he muttered again, stifling a yawn. "It's not like I got hurt or anything. I just haven't really been getting a ton of sleep." He didn't leave room for Judi to say anything because he promptly fell asleep after that, but Judi didn't have much to say anything. She had never felt as connected to the people that were with her than she did now.

Veemon, who had previously been keeping an eye out for Jarred and Patamon, padded over to where Judi, Liam and Terriermon were, curling up next to his Tamer. "I'm beat too," he said sleepily. "It's been a long day."

"Yeah, no kidding," Terriermon replied, squeezing himself between the top of Liam's head and Judi's stomach and making himself comfortable. "You should get some sleep, Judi."

"I'll wait till Jarred gets back," the skater replied, brushing a strand of dark blonde hair out of her eyes and leaning back on her hands. "Make sure he doesn't get lost."

"Fair enough," Terriermon said with a yawn before he followed Liam and Veemon's example and fell asleep.

There were no crickets in the Digital World like there were in the real world and the silence was almost suffocating to Judi. The only sound was the breathing of her and her companions around her, and Judi strained her ears, trying to hear of the sound of Patamon's wings or Jarred's feet as he returned with fire wood to keep them warm that night. She was also listening for the sound of things out of place; they didn't need another Digimon attack like Pajiramon, which felt like a million years ago.

She wanted to ask the Manteiopter in her pocket if they would be safe tonight, but she felt like she didn't have enough brain power to try and process the riddle-like response. Judi sighed as she gazed at the sky above with the blinking stars and the ever-changing constellations. She was in the state of being where she was so tired she just couldn't fall asleep. Not insomnia, she mused, but just... different.

The sound of rustling grass and footsteps made Judi look to her left as Patamon swooped down low from the sky and settled himself in the low branches of a nearby tree. She could just make out the outline of Jarred in the darkness, and with a jolt she realized he wasn't alone. She was about to open her mouth to shout at him when Patamon's soft voice said, "Don't worry, she's not a threat." Judi turned her attention back to the approaching figures, watching them warily and absently smoothing at Liam's strawberry blonde waves across his sweaty forehead while the other was still entwined with his hand.

"Judi?" Jarred's voice rang out in the darkness as they arrived in the campsite.

"I'm right here," the blonde said, nodding towards the older boy.

"Right, good," Jarred muttered. He set down the wood and pulled out the matches they had swiped from the diner, twelve packs in all. Judi watched as a flame spurted to life on the end of the match before lighting a fire on a small pile of wood, throwing enough light around the campsite to make Liam mumble in his sleep. The girl that Jarred had brought with him stood in the shadows of the tree Patamon was perched in and Judi squinted to try and make out her features. When Jarred motioned her into the light, Judi gasped.

The girl before her was a skinnier, hungrier and more desperate version of Jasmine Saunders, someone Judi skated with and occasionally babysat for back home in Vancouver. She had two sisters, Talia and Yvonne who also skated and were apparently no where to be seen.

"Jasmine?" Judi asked in disbelief, pitching forward to take a closer look at the girl. Her hair was a little matted but was still the ordinary brown that Judi remembered. Her dark blue eyes flickered in the fire light, appearing listless and empty along with the rest of her face. Her clothes looked ripped and dirty, as if she had been out in the wilderness for a while. "What are you doing here?"

Jasmine shook her head, shaking and Jarred pulled her towards him as he stood, moving across the fire to sit with his back to Judi so that the two could lean against each other.

"Where did you find her?" Judi asked with a yawn, leaning her head against Jarred's shoulder as he cradled the eleven year old Jasmine in his arms.

"I'll tell you in the morning, when Liam's awake too," Jarred replied, reaching an arm around Judi and ruffling said boy's hair affectionately. "Right now, we should just sleep. We'll start walking again in the morning. Besides, I'd like to know Jasmine's story too, but she just fell asleep."

"Alright," Judi said, finally allowing herself to succumb to sleep.

[Heroes]​

Seger's head was pounding and he groaned as he lifted his eye lids. Where was he now? And as his eyes settled on a pair of high heeled boots and the sound of battle raged in his ears, the blonde realized he was back at the theatre and he had been facing Venusmon. But he had been standing before and now he was on the ground, what had happened?

Venusmon's cold, cackling laugh filled the air and Seger shakily used his arms to push himself onto his knees. "Have a good time?" she asked as Sarah grabbed him under one arm and helped Seger to his feet. "See anything... special?"

"What did you do to him?" Sarah demanded, and from the way Venusmon conducted her face, Seger presumed she was rolling her eyes, which were hidden behind her dove mask. Sarah had probably been asking that for however long Seger had been out cold. "Why don't you tell me? You just let me stand there and watch as you tortured my friend!"

"Sarah?" Seger asked and he hated how weak his voice sounded, how empty and hollow it felt just leaving his mouth. "What happened?"

"That witch just... I don't know! One moment we're all having an argument and the next thing I know you're lying on the ground writhing in pain and screaming and moaning and crying out and it was the most cruel, cold-hearted, soul-less thing I've ever seen!" She screeched, directing the last part towards Venusmon who was twirling her ice-like wand between her fingers absently.

"Love is a powerful thing, is it not, Seger?" she asked in her cold but melodious voice. "You better think about what you saw."

"Were those visions real?" Seger rasped out, clutching at Sarah's shoulder to stay upright. "Was everything true?" His mind drifted to Morgan and Fawn, how Jarred would just throw aside his best friend and Andie for Haleigh, how Judi and Liam could be dating and how Trevor had manipulated Sarah. Was all of that real? And if it was, where did it leave Seger in the whole mess? If Venusmon had been showing him visions of love, it was pretty obvious that Seger had no love life.

"People are often blinded by love," Venusmon replied. "It clouds their judgement."

"Stop speaking in riddles," Seger roared, lunging for the goddess. She disappeared in a shower of dove feathers, re-appearing behind Sarah and allowing Seger to stumble and have to grab a railing to prevent himself from falling flat on his face.

"What light through yonder window breaks? It is the east, and Judi is the sun," Venusmon cackled. "I'll leave you to deal with the Commandramon; I have bigger and better things to do than deal with you." And like earlier when she had so easily dodged Seger's attack, she disappeared in a flurry of dove feathers.

"Argh!" Seger exclaimed, getting to his feet. He was still shaky from the whole ordeal with the dreams and whatnot but he wasn't going to let that stop him. He turned his attention towards the battle the Digimon were fighting and gulped. Although Biyomon and PawnChessmon were doing alright, they weren't going to be able to defeat all of those Commandramon on their own. There had to be at least fifty left and would no doubt wear out the two Rookies.

"What can we do?!" Sarah exclaimed, waving her arms around wildly with her Digivice in one hand, safe from flying only because of the light pink grip. "Biyomon, let us help you!"

There was a pause as Biyomon released a mess of green spiraling energy before knocking back a Commandramon with her wing and shouting, "The only thing you can help us do is Digivolve again, but it will be harder this time. Digivolving to a Champion level needs strength for both parties, and if you haven't noticed, Sarah, I'm sort of running out of energy."

"Well, I think Sarah's got enough for both of you," Seger remarked dryly, pulling out his own Digivice and glancing at his knightly comrade. "We can do it too though, right PC?"

"Definitely," PawnChessmon replied, sending his shield into a small group of Commandramon. "We're capable of anything!"

Like when Seger was required for his Digimon to Digivolve from In-Training to Rookie, Seger concentrated hard on the bond that he and PawnChessmon shared. It was definitely special, a little unique sometimes rather violent, but Seger needed this Digimon in his life; he needed someone else while Judi and Jarred were away in the Digital World. I need this, Seger thought desperately. I need PawnChessmon and I need Sarah and Morgan. And we have to be able to do this because if we can't then it really shows something: that I'm as shallow and self-absorbed as Judi made me out to be.

Two identical showers of light erupted from the middle of the battle, mixed with swirling pieces of fractal code. Suddenly, a beam of red light shot from Seger's Digivice, striking PawnChessmon's ligt form. A similar pink beam from Sarah's Digivice did the same and both teenagers held their Digivices with both hands to prevent them from shaking too much.

"PawnChessmon Digivolve to... KnightChessmon!"

"Biyomon Digivolve to... Halsemon!"

The beams of coloured light seemed to shatter as the bubbles of light broke apart, revealing two Digimon that Seger had never seen before, but knew were his and Sarah's Digimon.

KnightChessmon was a towering figure, rising almost as tall as the theatre building and resembled a centaur wrapped in pure white armor with golden extras. He held a lance tightly in one hand and Seger watched him leap clear of the Commandramon, setting himself up for a long distance attack.

Halsemon, on the other hand, was the size of a large lion with crimson red feathers and a silver winged helmet, a heart emblazoned on the front. She pawed at the ground impatiently, eyeing the Commandramon who suddenly weren't too sure of the battle they were getting into. It hadn't meant anything when the two targets had been Rookies like themselves, but when facing two Champion -level Digimon they had lost their confidence.

"Big Darts!" KnightChessmon cried out, releasing a flurry of darts from his lance. They struck several of the Commandramon who burst into data upon contact. "Joust!" KnightChessmon cheered as a group of the Commandramon set themselves apart from the others and advanced on the centaur-like Digimon.

"Tempest Wing!" Halsemon shouted, engulfing herself in a thick tornado of air. She smashed into several of the Commandramon, sending them flying backwards before disintegrating into data like those before them. It wasn't long before the two Champions had defeated the enemy, looking exhausted. There was a flash of light and both Digimon reverted back to their Rookie forms before promptly fainting, exhausted from the beating they had took earlier.

[END]​

It was a little bit sappier than I had intended, but consider it bonding time :p Constructive criticism is appreciated :)

Teebird

Double-Oh, I love reading your writings, whether a fic or post for an RP, dunno why, I just do. Anyway, I've only read the first five chapters so far, due to other things getting in the way. Namely Marching Band practice, sign ups for two RP's, and coming up with the plot for my own Digimon fic, which I actually decided to write after reading the first few chapters of this. :)

First off, as stated before, the characters are believable, they don't just roll on calmly with whatever their partner's tell them, except for Liam, but I can tell this was on purpose, so it works. I'm also fond of the choices for Digimon partner's, mainly Veemon and Biyomon. :) Two of my favorite Digimon by far.

Another thing I like is seeing the return of Sovereigns, but more interesting is seeing the Olympians as antagonists. Not sure if they all are since I've only read to chapter five, but nonetheless, I love it, Very original.

Please keep up writing this, I really do love this, and it's good to see a good Digimon fic. I also look forward to keeping in touch with you and spit-balling ideas for my fic as well, since I'm excited to write it thanks to this. :)

Double-oh-Platypus

Double-Oh, I love reading your writings, whether a fic or post for an RP, dunno why, I just do. Anyway, I've only read the first five chapters so far, due to other things getting in the way. Namely Marching Band practice, sign ups for two RP's, and coming up with the plot for my own Digimon fic, which I actually decided to write after reading the first few chapters of this. :)

First off, as stated before, the characters are believable, they don't just roll on calmly with whatever their partner's tell them, except for Liam, but I can tell this was on purpose, so it works. I'm also fond of the choices for Digimon partner's, mainly Veemon and Biyomon. :) Two of my favorite Digimon by far.

Another thing I like is seeing the return of Sovereigns, but more interesting is seeing the Olympians as antagonists. Not sure if they all are since I've only read to chapter five, but nonetheless, I love it, Very original.

Please keep up writing this, I really do love this, and it's good to see a good Digimon fic. I also look forward to keeping in touch with you and spit-balling ideas for my fic as well, since I'm excited to write it thanks to this. :)

Awe, huge thank-you because I didn't think people were still reading this story. I guess this means I have to actually write for it some more. Haha. I will though. I've just got like, two other projects I'm trying to type for and it's either coming along really slowly or not at all :p

I'm glad you think the characters are believable because I find my characters incredibly flat and boring. Haha. It's the hardest thing for me to write about original characters' personalities because it always changes. When I write fanfiction with canon characters, it's easier because they have set personalities and boundaries you have to stay inside of.

I guess not a lot of people have explored the Olympians being bad guys, except in Xros Wars, but I won't spoil that for you in case you're watching it. I liked the idea and it sort of came from an RP that I mentioned in the first post. It's working out pretty well for me, as far as I can tell.

And I will definitely be helping you along the way with your fic! I love Beta-ing (when the work is decent, which yours is) and I can't wait to see your story blossom into something beautiful :D

Double-oh-Platypus

Hey guys! So, sorry for a super late update but I've been busy with a load of other things (okay fine, roleplaying and a second story) but I'm going to put this up on Fanfiction.net so that if it ever disappears you can view it from my account which is under Kamakaze Kheri (could it be any different than Double-oh-Platypus? XD). Anyway, here's the latest chapter, so I hope it satisfies you guys for a bit while I get myself back into a writing rhythm.

The Concrete Jungle

The morning light was pale, barely there. Sunrises in the Digital World were strange occurrences, more for show than anything else. After all, they were not a planet in outer space revolving around a star. They were a planet of digital matter, hardly anything more. It was one of the many faults that Judi kept adding to a list on her laptop. After all, she wanted to remember this experience, as crazy and frightening as it may be; she didn't want to wake up one morning and wonder if it was all a dream.

They had been lucky, really. For one, Judi had her laptop and its charger and they had their wits and their partners. They hadn't gone hungry or thirsty and besides the scare with Minervamon on their first night in the Digital World, there had been no other crazy run-ins with the Olympians. True, there had been the Deva, but seeing as they had not seen another for quite some time, they had mostly let down their guards. They weren't expecting anymore Deva attacks.

(It was perhaps for this reason that Pajiramon's master decided to wait for a second attack on the Tamers. To strike at their weakest would ensure their destruction. He was a cunning master, no doubt, and believed he would make an excellent ruler of the Digital World. The Olympians were playing right into his hands and they didn't even know it.)

By the time the sun was really and truly blazing in the far east, Judi was already up. She had carefully untangled herself from her Digimon and friends and had come to tend to the fire, which had burned low in the night. It was comforting, to have something to do again, rather than to just sit around and wait for the end of the world. She had far too great an imagination to let it run wild on thoughts like that.

The skater watched calmly as bird Digimon flew from the trees, setting out in search of fun and wild adventures. Judi could remember days like those when she and Seger had ran throughout their apartment building and in the field at the park, pretending to be knights in shining armor or princesses or secret agents or ninja-spy-pirate-warriors. Had it really only been a few short days that had turned the two against each other? Feeling a little overwhelmed at the thought, Judi blinked back tears and glanced back at her sleeping friends.

They were shifting in their sleep now, their internal clocks alerting them that dawn had come and gone. Jasmine was the first to roll over in an attempt to get up, pushing herself away from Jarred and glancing at Judi with hollow eyes. They were a unique colour, dark blue as deep and fathomable as the ocean off the coast of Vancouver. Judi had never seen dark blue eyes before and found them as intriguing

"Good morning, Jasmine," Judi said quietly so as not to wake the others. The brunette stared blankly at her for a moment before pushing herself first into a crouch and then to her feet. She stumbled unevenly across the small expanse of grass between them before settling next to Judi and hugging her knees to her chest.

"Hi," she said just as quietly, her voice sounding as hollow as her eyes displayed.

The two skaters sat in silence together, watching the world shift around them as nameless Digimon emerged from their slumbers to greet the day. They all had something to do that day, and it was unnerving in a way that while they would carry on with their lives, the four humans would be travelling to tear down their hierarchy system.

"What are you doing here?" Judi whispered, so quietly she barely heard it herself. She watched Jasmine tense slightly and shake her head, but as Jarred stumbles over and occupies the seat on one side of Jasmine and Liam plops down next to Judi, his head taking a spot on her shoulder, she sighed. There was no way out of it now, for all the Tamers wanted to know what the young, eleven-year-old girl was doing in the Digital World.

"There's a hole, ripped into the sky, in the human world. It brought me here and when I arrived, it felt like I was being torn, like part of me was being snatched away. I felt incomplete for days but only recently I felt whole again. I'm lucky that I found you guys; I was starting to lose hope," Jasmine said quietly, glancing cautiously at the others, her face a mask of her emotions.

"A hole... in the sky?" Liam's words broke the silence that had settled over them, and he spoke for everyone when he asked, shock clearly etched on his face. How could a hole have ripped its way across the skies of Vancouver? Who was responsible for it?

"Seger and Morgan and Sarah would know," Jarred mumbled. "The next town we stop at, Judi, set up the laptop. We're going to need to speak to them."

[Heroes]​

Really, it was a long time before they made it to another town. The small group of Tamers lost in the Digital World traveled the whole day without much time for breaks, only pausing to catch animals, the first sign of the real world besides each other. Besides noodles, they really hadn't eaten much else and the sight of the rabbit cooking over their fire seemed to snap their attentions back to the main problem that pressed them. Underneath the thought of overthrowing the Olympus Twelve was the thought on how to return home. How to leave.

The town appeared to them in the dead of night, rising up out of the gloom. It was a small village, made of wooden and mud houses that were clumped together. A fountain in the middle of the square depicted a Digimon that was very human-like, its long dress made out of what looked like foliage and huge wings that Judi had always envisioned belonged to that of Titania, the fairy queen in Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream. Her eyes was hidden behind a band, the concrete of the statue making it impossible to tell what it was made out of, and her hair flowed down her back towards her rear end. It was a beautiful sight, and no doubt spectacular when the water was flowing, but as the Tamers approached it became very clear that the fountain hadn't ran in a long, long time.

"Well, this place really looks like it's in good shape," Terriermon said as he glanced around the town from the safe spot on the top of Judi's blonde streaked hair.

"Oh, be quiet," Judi mumbled. The place really did look like it could use a pick-me-up though. This was not the image of luxury that the previous town had provided the Tamers. "Do you think they'd have an internet connection here?"

Suddenly, the broken shutters of one of the windows slammed open, causing the group of travelers to jump. They looked around momentarily for the source of the noise before their eyes fell upon a Digimon that clearly occupied one of the houses. Staring out at them from the open window ledge was...

"It's like a chocolate version of me!" Terriermon crowd jubilantly, diving off the top of Judi's head and scampering over to the Digimon.

It really did look like a chocolate version of Terriermon. The new figure shared the same body shape and long floppy ears as Judi's partner with the obvious exception of it being completely brown with pink trim. Besides that, the only other noticeable difference Judi saw were the three horns that had split from Terriermon's single a top its head.

As Terriermon drew closer however it let out a rather loud shriek and slammed its windows shut again. The Tamers stood, stony faced and confused as Terriermon slowly sank into a sitting position. "What did I do?" the little rabbit asked and Judi sympathetically scooped him up into his arms.

"That was a little rude," Veemon noted as he bounced up to the front door. "Do you think I should knock or just break it down?"

"Knocking would be more polite," Liam hinted, striding up next to his partner. The blue dinosaur shrugged and rapped his knuckles on the door, letting the sound echo throughout the village.

Two seconds later the cry of, "Vee Headbutt!" and the splintering of a door alerted anyone who had been listening that Veemon had clearly grown impatient.

"Veemon!" Liam roared as he followed his Digimon inside the house, the rest of the group hesitantly following. "I told you to knock!"

"No," the Digimon replied. "You told me that knocking was more polite. I did both. Suck it up."

Liam's face grew a dangerous shade of red but Patamon flew between them just in time. "Cut it out," he said. "The door is the least of our worries at the moment."

The Terriermon-like Digimon they had seen in the window was cowering near the fireplace, its long velvety ears wrapped around itself protectively.

"Hey," Jarred said, stepping forward. "We're not here to hurt you."

The Digimon shivered and attempted to become part of the wall as it shied away from Jarred's touch. It was a timid creature, really, which Judi found odd. For Terriermon's doppelganger it sure had a huge personality difference. While Judi's partner was normally very bubbly and didn't know when to shut up, Judi was sure that you couldn't get this thing to talk if you pried the words out of its mouth.

"What is it?" Liam asked, turning to Veemon as if he would hold the answer. The blue dinosaur cocked an eyebrow at Liam's look.

"What?" he asked. "Just because I'm a Digimon doesn't mean I know who everyone is. He's like what Terriermon said, a chocolate version of himself." Liam scowled and the others mimicked him. The creature was timid, but it might be able to help them either connect to the internet or tell them where they could go to find a connection. However, at the rate they were going it looked like the only thing they would be doing was having a mime contest.

"Step aside, amateurs," Terriermon chimed, pushing through the crowd to the front. He stared the creature down, who seemed to shake even harder, before it burst into loud wails that reverberated around the cramped room. "Whoa, whoa," Terriermon said, his ears folding in on themselves and his hands waving wildly. "Stop! Be quiet!"

"You're not doing it right," Judi heard Jasmine mutter from the back of the room. The blonde skater turned to face her, cocking her head to the side.

"What do you propose we do then?" Judi asked. "I mean, do you know a way to get it to stop crying and to talk?" Jasmine merely shrugged her shoulders, stepping forward and scooping the little bundle of brown and pink fur into her arms. Everyone was quiet as she gently whispered in its ear, and after a few moments it hushed.

"Wow, it's like a miracle worker," Liam mused as he uncovered his ears with his hands. "What'd you do, Jasmine?" The younger girl didn't reply and the group lapsed into silence again.

Perhaps it was just the impatience to contacting the real world, or maybe the fact that it was getting hot standing around in the clay room baked by the sun, but Judi, Jarred and Liam were getting a little anxious. They weren't going to stand there all day, so if this creature didn't have anything to say then they might as well leave.

"Lopmon."

The sound cut through the room like a knife through butter. It had been the creature in Jasmine's arms that had spoken. "My name is Lopmon," it said quietly. "I-I thought that... I thought you were her."

"Her?" Liam asked, scratching his head. "Cause you know, I didn't think Jarred and I looked like girls too much, but maybe I was a little biased." He sent a lopsided grin towards Judi who merely rolled her eyes. Somehow she figured that this wasn't the best time to be cracking jokes.

Lopmon shook her head, closing her eyes and shuddering. "No, no," she said. "The Olympian who rules this area. I thought you were her. This village is all we have and if we don't grow something soon she'll be most displeased."

Each Tamer exchanged glances. An Olympian? If they could figure out who it was and where she was then maybe they'd have a better chance of catching her off-guard. Eliminating an Olympian before reaching Mount Olympus would make their battle infinitely easier.

"Who is she?" Jarred asked kindly as Patamon swooped around their heads. The Tamers stared expectantly at Lopmon, but it only shuddered and cowered away.

"I cannot say," she said as Jasmine set her back on the ground. The chocolate bunny scampered over to the window, hopping up on the sill. "She would have me deleted. But... but I can tell you where she is right now." Lopmon nodded off into the distance and Judi hurried over to the window to catch a glimpse at what Lopmon was motioning towards.

She couldn't believe she hadn't noticed it before because really, the ground was as flat as a pancake and these houses were no skyscrapers. Besides, it didn't even look that far away, easy walking distance and tall as anything was going to get in this barren desert. Who was going to miss a city out here?

"She lives there?" Judi asked, but Lopmon shook her head. The others gathered around them and stared out towards the city as well.

"She's trying to revive it," Lopmon said quietly. "She uses it as a base, to watch over us. If you wish to meet her, that is where you must go. But I wouldn't be surprised if you don't come back. Don't tell her I sent you though. Unlike you, I value my life."

[Heroes]​

As Judi predicted, the city wasn't too far away. After leaving Lopmon to cry by herself the Tamers set off; meeting this Olympian was vital if they were to eventually save the Digital World from their reign of terror. Still, as they entered the city between tall and crumbling sky scrapers, Judi couldn't help but feel terribly small. The buildings were so tall they seemed to blot out the sky and the entire city was bathed in grey. There wasn't an ounce of colour anywhere.

"This place gives me the creeps," Terriermon piped up as the group shuffled their way along the main road past empty stores and dusty trash cans.

"You can sure say that again," Liam replied, glancing down a dark alley before shuddering and catching up to the others.

"This place sure gives me the creeps."

"I didn't mean it literally."

The jokes, while stale and dry like their patience, was much appreciated. In a city that looked like it was the epitome of sadness, laughter and happiness were hard to come by.

"What was that?" The group fell silent, staring around themselves before glancing towards Veemon, who had stopped walking and looked around nervously.

"What was what?" Liam asked, but Patamon shook his head.

"I heard it too," he said, flying over to Veemon and resting gently on his head.

"Me too," Terriermon replied. He joined his fellow Digimon while Jarred said, "Well of course you would. Your ears are the size of bed sheets."

"Yuk, yuk," Terriermon retorted. "You're so funny, Jarred." Still, the moment was tense as the Tamers watched their Digimon expectantly. Something had caught their attention and it was making them all a little edgy.

Finally, something caught Judi's eye. It was a flash of green in a sea of grey and it had flickered just around the side alley that Liam had peered down earlier. "Did you see-?" she began, but was cut off as Jasmine let out a terrified shriek.

Whirling around, the Tamers and their partners found themselves staring at the statue from the fountain back in Lopmon's village, only she wasn't a statue anymore. The flowing dress that Judi had noticed before was made up of shimmering colours that changed from a lush green to the many colours of autumn. Her huge wings glittered on their own and her shiny golden hair cascaded in waves down her back. The band that covered her eyes that Judi had noticed before was made of a translucent material that looked almost like ice but the skater was sure that it would never melt or crack.

"Tamers," the lady said, waving a delicate hand through the air. "I could only suspect."

"Who are you?" Liam asked, nodding towards Veemon who took up a fighting stance. The other Digimon followed suit as the Tamers crowded together, Jasmine wedged protectively between Jarred and Judi.

"I am Ceresmon, ruler of plant life," the Olympian replied with a wicked smile. "And also the Olympian who will watch you be defeated. Leaf Vortex!" With a shout, the Tamers dove to the ground as a tornado of leaves erupted from Ceresmon's dress. Their Digimon cowered, continuously crying out as they were battered with leaves.

"Terrier Tornado!" Terriermon's attack slashed through the cyclone of leaves from the Olympian, allowing a clear shot from the others.

"Vee Headbutt!"

"Boom Bubble!"

Almost as if anticipating the attacks, Ceresmon folded herself in the protective cover of her wings, allowing the attacks to hit before she released them, sending Patamon's attack flying back into him and Veemon skidding across the asphalt.

"What can we do?" Judi asked, panicking slightly. "She's ten times stronger than our Digimon. We need them to Digivolve again!"

"That's easier said than done, I think," Jarred replied as their Digimon launched a second volley of attacks only to be treated the same way they had before. "Ceresmon's just too strong. The last time one of us Digivolved they required lots of faith, which we're pretty much out of at the moment."

Jarred was right. They were losing, badly, and Judi knew that as soon as their Digimon were out of the way, they would be next. Maybe it wouldn't hurt, though. Dying had always been something that Judi was scared to think about, but maybe now that they were in the Digital World they were technically data. Then maybe they'd come back to life in the Primary Village like all the Digimon did, but somehow, Judi didn't think that was possible.

"I know what to do," Jasmine said quietly. The boys glanced at her, shocked, but Judi recovered quickly.

"Well, tell us then," she said. "We don't have all day and we need to do it quickly."

Seemingly lit from the adrenaline of battle, Jasmine nodded and stepped forward. "Place your Digivices together in a circle," she ordered. The Tamers obliged, arranging themselves so that Judi's light blue, Jarred's orange and Liam's dark blue D3's pointed towards each other. Nodding approvingly, Jasmine reached into the pocket of her ratty sweater and pulled out a sparkling red card. It looked like it could belong to a trading card game like Pokemon if it hadn't been entirely coated in a red gloss. With a flick, Jasmine sent the card spiraling into the middle of the circle where it seemed to stand straight up between the D3's.

And together, without really knowing where the words came from, the Tamers shouted in unison, "Digivolution Activate!"

[END]​

So, there you have it. I'm kind of interested to hear comments on this one because I found that I had two very distinct writing styles in this chapter. There's my blocky paragraphs (which I favour) and then there's my dialog (which is less than satisfactory to me). Anyway, love to hear what you have to say and don't forget to check me out on Fanfiction :)

ryodragonite

Aura Fist
Yes a review!!

Ok I have got to say I love Terriermon right now. You make him seem like hes the real one who was Henrys partner. And thats a good thing.

Is it weird that when I imagine Yolei from season 2 when Judi talks? I know Judi has blonde hair but for some reason I think its Yoleis purple hair. And Jasmine, is she like a Calumon or something? I was hoping Lopmon would join the group. But Jasmine doesnt seem to have a D3 right?

I didnt see anything wrong with the grammar or anything. But then again I usually dont. Remember to keep on writing Double! And by the way I loved the cliffhanger.

Double-oh-Platypus

I actually re-watched a lot of Tamers episodes. I'm about half way through the series so I draw on Terriermon a lot for inspiration.

Um, yes, it is weird. I tend to base characters roughly off people I know and Yolei and the girl I modeled Judi after are nothing a like. And Jasmine is not like Calumon at all. She just happens to know a lot. As for Lopmon, she won't be making any more appearances. I used her for comic relief only. Really, I don't care for Lopmon much.

Thanks. I love the cliffhanger too XD

Rocky28940

<<I'm not interested
Wow, these are really good, I like how you are including the Olympus Twelve, I'm going to do that for my own fanfic but being the main character's partners (as Rookie's first though). Are the digivolutions going to be specific to any certain series like tamers or Adventure 02?
Can I ask for some advice as well please?
For my own fanfic should I use English or Japanese names? Or maybe Japanese names slightly changed to English names? Thanks.
And again, great work.

Double-oh-Platypus

Wow, these are really good, I like how you are including the Olympus Twelve, I'm going to do that for my own fanfic but being the main character's partners (as Rookie's first though). Are the digivolutions going to be specific to any certain series like tamers or Adventure 02?
Can I ask for some advice as well please?
For my own fanfic should I use English or Japanese names? Or maybe Japanese names slightly changed to English names? Thanks.
And again, great work.

First, thanks for the review :) I love attracting new readers.

I'm glad to hear that the Olympus Twelve will make an appearance in your story, but remember to include originality. I take pride in my own imaginative ideas and I'd hate to find some of them... included in other pieces of work. Just keep that in mind.

I'm not really sure what you mean by the Digivolutions being specific to a series. In all honesty, a couple of the lines have been really mixed simply because I didn't like how they worked.

As far as your story goes, if you're using the canon characters then it's really up to you. I personally would use the English names just because that's what I grew up on, but if someone asked me to, I would use the Japanese names. It's really just a personal preference.

I'll be starting work on the new chapter today so I'll hopefully have it up before the end of the week. :)

Rocky28940

<<I'm not interested
First, thanks for the review :) I love attracting new readers.

I'm glad to hear that the Olympus Twelve will make an appearance in your story, but remember to include originality. I take pride in my own imaginative ideas and I'd hate to find some of them... included in other pieces of work. Just keep that in mind.

I'm not really sure what you mean by the Digivolutions being specific to a series. In all honesty, a couple of the lines have been really mixed simply because I didn't like how they worked.

As far as your story goes, if you're using the canon characters then it's really up to you. I personally would use the English names just because that's what I grew up on, but if someone asked me to, I would use the Japanese names. It's really just a personal preference.

I'll be starting work on the new chapter today so I'll hopefully have it up before the end of the week. :)

OK, thanks. What I meant about the digivolution, is if the digivolutions are similar to maybe Digimon Tamers with the cards, or Data Squad with the DNA or a mixture or an entirely new one?

Double-oh-Platypus

As you can see, there's a much quicker update this time around. I'm happy to say we've hit the ten chapter mark (eleven I guess, if you count both parts of Love Drunk) and that even though there's not many of you, we still have a decent amount of reviews. Anyway, onward!

OK, thanks. What I meant about the digivolution, is if the digivolutions are similar to maybe Digimon Tamers with the cards, or Data Squad with the DNA or a mixture or an entirely new one?

It doesn't really matter, I suppose. Not a lot of people do the Tamer thing, so that would be good. I'm not familiar with Data Squad at all so that could be another good one. DNA can be difficult to find two Digimon that look like they could merge into a new one, so that might take a bit more research. Whichever, it doesn't really matter.

Beat It

As the last ray of light and the cries of the Digimon faded, Judi was finally able to take in the sight before her. Each Digimon had changed, grown and evolved into something truly magnificent, leaving not only the Tamers awestruck, but Ceresmon as well.

Gargomon looked very much like Terriermon in the sense that he was still rabbit-like and still retained the green and white colour scheme. The similarities ended there though. He had grown in size so that he was roughly the same height as Judi now and wore a pair of blue jeans, which really was quite strange. His tiny paws had been replaced by two Gatling Guns and a string of bullets slung over one shoulder.

“Are you ready to fight?” he asked, aiming his guns at Ceresmon. The Olympian didn’t even flinch, though Judi could tell that she was a little on guard now. She had most likely never seen a Digivolution before; most Digimon had been quite interested to hear of the process. Only a Digimon that had collected enough data or had a human Tamer could Digivolve to the next level.

“I know I am,” ExVeemon replied. Essentially a bigger and more muscular version of his rookie form, the large blue dinosaur was an intimidating opponent. Two white wings sprouted from his back and the long blade-like horn protruding from his nose looked like it could pack quite a punch. He glared at Ceresmon, casting a sideways glance at his companions every once in a while.

“And what about you?” the Olympian asked casually, turning to the final Digimon opposing her. A slight grin flickered across her dainty features as she let a vine slither around her fingers like it was a snake.

Patamon’s evolution had really been something extraordinary, Judi deduced. While Gargomon and ExVeemon looked quite similar to their rookie forms, Angemon could not look any different than Patamon. He had shed the animal-like appearance, taking on the form of an angel instead. Six gleaming wings extended from his back while swirling bits of blue cloth fluttered in the light breeze. His eyes were covered by a grey helmet that enclosed all but his mouth and a stream of golden hair fluttered down his back, almost as long as Ceresmon’s own. A golden staff was gripped tightly in his hand and really, Judi figured she had never seen a more dangerous and holy sight.

“I have chosen my side,” Angemon informed, his voice a deep baritone. “You should be aware that you need to choose a side too.”

The comment seemed to throw Ceresmon off guard and she lashed out. “I know where my loyalties lie,” she snarled. “Nature Cannon!” The tips of her wings glowed an ominous white and she thrust her hands out in front of her. As the four corners of her wing tips released their energy they flew in arcs towards the Olympian’s outstretched hands before firing a powerful laser at her opponents.

“Vee-Laser!” ExVeemon countered. The scarred cross marks on his chest glowed brightly as a yellow X beamed itself forward to meet the incoming attack. With a sound like a cannon firing echoing around the empty concrete city, the lasers exploded upon impact, sending the Tamers cowering behind an abandoned hot dog stand.

“Hand of Fate!” Angemon cried as he charged through the clearing smoke, his hand engulfed in orange energy. He connected solidly with Ceresmon who cried out as she was flung backwards, landing in Gargomon’s line of fire from where he was positioned next to a cold, grey fire hydrant.

“Gargo Laser!” The guns set into his arms whirled as green bullets of highly compacted light exploded from the barrels, making Ceresmon shriek before covering herself with her wings. They had proved to be excellent cover for when she had been barraged by attacks from the rookie Digimon, but now that they had evolved their attacks had become much more powerful. With an irritated cry, the wings unfolded at a rapid speed, sending any bullets back towards Gargomon, who dove out of the way. They struck the fire hydrant, sending a fountain of water shooting high into the air.

“Digivolution is a powerful concept,” she hissed, directing her words to Judi now. She stood shakily, her wings unfurling till they gleamed in the setting sunlight. “You have no idea how important it is to you.” She stepped closer to the Tamers and Gargomon dashed into place, putting himself between Ceresmon and Judi.

“Don’t step any closer, lady, or I’ll blow your brains out,” he threatened, waving one gun around wildly.

Ceresmon laughed, a short and slightly bitter sound. “I’d like to see you try,” she said lightly. “But be warned that this is only the beginning. The war is just starting now and the only way to stop it is to recover the Flame.”

“The Flame?” Jarred asked. “What flame?”

“The Olympic Flame,” Ceresmon replied. “It burns through wind and rain, perishable and thriving times and war and peace. It is the bane of our existence, binding digital matter together. It can lead to the destruction of the Digital World and I believe that you are responsible.”

The Tamers exchanged glances with each other. “How could we be responsible?” Liam asked, brushing his overgrown hair out of his face. “We’ve only been here for a week and a half. All we’ve had time for is worrying about how we’re going to get home. People must be worried about us.”

Ceresmon laughed again, her icy mask sparkling in the last of the light. “Time passes differently here,” she spat. “It’s only been four days in your world. No one’s missing you yet.”

“My brother is,” Judi said quietly. “And my friends. They’re all worried about us.”

“That may be true,” Ceresmon replied. “But there are Olympians who believe that those friends of yours are responsible for stealing the Flame. Like I said to Angemon, I have chosen my side. I show you mercy today because you had a right to know, but do not think you can be so lucky next time. You have no hope.” A sudden gale of wind rushed through the city streets, whipping Judi’s hair around her face and sending Angemon’s long golden hair flying out behind him. It swept around Ceresmon, barely ruffling her before she was gone, swept away with the breeze.

[Heroes]​

“There is no way I’m sleeping here tonight,” Liam complained. They had found a small shop near their battle field and were settling into the seats of the booths, trying to get comfortable. “We just got attacked today by one of the Olympians and you want me to sleep in some creepy diner? Hah, thanks guys.”

The others stayed silent, listening to Liam grumble. True, none of them wanted to be sleeping in the concrete city, but night had fallen with Ceresmon’s leave and they had no intentions of wandering around between the skyscrapers at night.

“Just close your eyes and don’t think about it,” Jarred called from the other side of the restaurant. “Would you rather be sleeping outside?”

Judi thought she heard Liam mutter something about a pretty girl but her eyes drifted shut and her breathing evened out. It wasn’t too long before the rest of the shop was filled with only the sounds of their breathing and soft snoring.

The dream was as vivid as the time before. Judi’s eyes whipped open as her hair flew across her face in a fierce wind. She was standing on the same rocky outcropping outside the Parthenon and this time, she took to the opportunity to look around. They were high a top a hill, almost like the Acropolis in Greece, but what stretched before Judi’s eyes made her shiver. A maze larger than anything the skater had ever seen before raced towards a horizon that seemed to change with the blink of an eye. One minute the edge of the world seemed to show forest, then beach, then mountain. She recalled how Wizardmon had told her that the path to Olympus changed with every person who sought it, and realized why. The plain that Mount Olympus and its maze were changed location. No one would ever find it via the way of their friend.

“Judi, I thought you’d be joining us again eventually.”

The voice made Judi spin around, attempting to sweep her dirty blonde hair out of her eyes. Ben O’Brien was standing in the entrance of the Parthenon, the tall pillars casting eerie shadows around him. “I bet you have a lot of questions.”

“I do!” Judi exclaimed, carefully making her way towards the boy. Within the sheltered walls of the Parthenon she was able to smooth out her hair and take a look around. It was exactly the same as the time before, the doors to the throne room still shut tight. “Everything about what Ceresmon-“

“You cannot trust your enemies,” Ben said quietly. He settled into one of the arm chairs near the fire, kicking one leg over the other. “We’re at war now, Judi. It’s time to choose sides.”

There it was again, the talk of choosing sides. The skater hesitated nervously before taking a seat opposite Ben, their faces illuminated by the flickering light.

“What are my options?” she asked carefully, fiddling with the hem of her shirt. It was a nervous habit, but Ben didn’t seem to pick up on it. He ran a hand through his unruly mop of red hair before flashing her his trademark grin of mischief.

“The side against you or the side for you,” he said. “The Olympians have turned against each other, much like the times of the Trojan War. Jupitermon believes that you are the group of Tamers that has stolen the Flame and that only the Tamers remaining in the real world are the ones that will conquer and rise above. Neptunemon thinks opposite. He believes that you and your friends Liam and Jarred are the ones that will bring peace among us again and that the remaining Tamers have stolen the Flame.”

“But why would we want to?” Judi asked, her hands shaking as much as her voice. “What are our motives?”

Ben shrugged. “The gods don’t need motives or reasons why, Judi,” he said. “Just a reason to fight.”

There was a long pause where the only sound was that of the wind howling outside the protective walls of the Parthenon and the crackling of the fire. Judi sat with her chin in her hands, contemplating. She hadn’t stolen the Flame and neither had the others, but what about Morgan, Seger and Sarah? They hadn’t talked for a long time and with the news of time moving differently than in the real world, Judi found herself believing it to be possible. In some strange time or place, there might have been time for the others to steal the coveted Flame.

But why? She asked herself. What use do they have for it? The words ran circles around her mind but she kept coming back to the same conclusion. There was no other way around it.

“What side are you on?” she asked Ben. Somehow she just knew he was part of this; that he was an Olympian.

A wide grin cracked across Ben’s face and he rose, striding to her side of the fire. He extended his hand, which Judi took reluctantly. “The side for you,” he replied before pumping her hand once, letting her world go black.

[Heroes]​

The sounds of shouting woke Judi with a start and she tumbled off the seat of the booth and under the table, just missing the large pole that supported it. She sat up abruptly, whacking her head on the under side of the table with such force that a string of curse words flew from her mouth, words that were worthy of a pirate.

Feet flew past her table, running in every direction and the shouts and flashes of attacks brought Judi’s spinning head back to the present. She wasn’t at the Parthenon. No, she was in a diner, but what was going on?

Cautiously, Judi hauled herself out form under the table just in time to see Patamon go careening past with a huge fox-like Digimon chasing after him. She had nine flame tipped tails blazing as she let lose a single attack that sent a volley of flaming fire balls soaring after the hamster. As if sensing she was being watched, she turned on Judi, growling, but a figure stepped in her way. Judi expected it to be Liam or Jarred, or even Veemon, but it was not. It was Wizardmon.

“I said to not harm the humans or their partners,” he said viciously. “What part of the instructions does your stubborn mind not comprehend?”

“Relax, Wizardmon,” the fox replied. “It’s dark out and I thought she was one of the Palmons hiding.”

Wizardmon cast her a wary glance before turning back to Judi. “Glad to see you again,” he said, extending a hand. Judi accepted it gratefully and let the Digimon haul her to her feet. The flashes of light gradually lessened and the skater was able to take a look around the destroyed diner.

A group of plant-like Digimon were seated in the middle of the floor, trussed up with a thick piece of what looked like wire. They were green, with sturdy legs constructed of vines and a large purple flower grew a top of their heads. Surrounding them were two more Digimon, though they appeared to pose no threat to Judi and her friends.

At the thought of her companions, Judi’s head swivelled, seeking them out. They were seated at the remaining table besides her own with a lady that looked like she was made of bright pink tulips. She was lithe and athletic, like a dancer, with four leaf-like wings sprouting from her back that matched the green boots adorned with a yellow flower print design.

“Judi!” Terriermon exclaimed from where he was seated by the window.

“Does someone want to tell me what’s going on?” Judi asked, slipping past the pixie-like Digimon and sliding into the seat next to Jarred. Wizardmon joined his comrade at the head of the table and surveyed the Tamers.

“I understand Ceresmon explained to you about the war?” he asked gravely, his bright green eyes surveying the table. The Tamers nodded slowly and Wizardmon sighed. “Ceresmon sent these Palmon to try and destroy you while you slept. It was very lucky that we happened to choose this night to take you back to base camp. The guard team made quick work of them.” He nodded towards the two Digimon guarding the plant-like Palmon before returning his attention back to the table.

“For those who don’t know me, I am Wizardmon,” he said. “I am head of covert operations at the camp. Lilymon here is my second in command. We figure that tonight would be as good a night as ever to move you safely.”

“Whoa, wait a second,” Jarred said, holding his hands up, startling Patamon who had only just landed on his head, unscathed from the fox’s attack. “What’s all this about a camp?”

Lilymon, the flowery lieutenant took the opportunity to speak up. “We’re creating a rebellion,” she explained. “We’ve joined forces with those Olympians who support you and intend to train you and your Digimon so that when the war comes full scale you’ll be able to turn the tides on the opponents. No matter how powerful Jupitermon and his army are, you Tamers are infinitely stronger.” She paused, taking in their looks of confusion and sighed. “There will be more time to tell you about the sides of the war and those who support and threaten you, but now is not the time.”

Judi, Liam and Jarred all exchanged sceptical glances. They weren’t prepared to trust a group of Digimon that had intended to kidnap them from the diner, but what they said seemed to be true. They had defeated the Palmons that had planned on destroying them and having a camp seemed like a good idea.

“Who is your leader?” Liam asked finally, breaking the silence that had stretched over the table.

“He was unable to join us tonight,” Wizardmon said quietly. It was clear that he did not want the Palmons to hear. “He and his lieutenant left to meet with Neptunemon. We were to bring you straight back to base camp without incident, but if we are to hope to make it back now we shall need to cover our tracks quickly. I don’t know why Kazemon and Leomon have not done away with the attackers.”

“They’re probably not done questioning them,” Lilymon responded thoughtfully. “I’ll go check up on them. Answer the children’s questions; they look like they’re just itching to spit them out.” She turned gracefully and stalked back over to where a fairy Digimon and a tall, muscular lion stood guarding the prisoners.

Wizardmon watched her go before turning back to the Tamers, who all erupted into a volley of questions.

“Where is the base camp?”

“Do you know who stole the Flame?”

“Are we in immediate danger?”

“What kind of training will you enrol us in?”

“Can you tell us more about Digivolution?”

“Stop! Stop!” Wizardmon cried, raising his staff and shaking his head. “Let me answer the questions one at a time. The base camp is a secret location from here. No, I do not know where the Flame is as of yet; we have Digimon prowling for it. Yes, you are in danger. If the Palmon managed to have disclosed your location there could be more powerful enemies on the way. Our trainers shall instruct you further on training. I can tell you more about Digivolution, but not here. Kyubimon has just returned and I believe that we are ready to move out.”

The fox-like Digimon that had almost attacked Judi had slipped back into the diner. The skater hadn’t even seen her leave, but the embers of her tail glowed brightly in the darkness of the cafe, a welcome change from the eerie shadows. “We were unable to secure more guards,” she said. “We will have to make due with what we have. Can we risk Digivolution? An Angemon and ExVeemon would be powerful allies to have plus make it easier to move the Tamers.”

Wizardmon shook his head. “Digivolution would only attract the enemies Ceresmon has no doubt sent out again. You can take a passenger I gather, and Leomon can take the oldest boy. Kazemon can probably take this young girl here and Lilymon and I will make due with the other girl. We’ll all rendezvous back at camp before dawn breaks, clear?”

Kyubimon nodded her head once, setting the long fine white hairs around her neck fluttering. She nodded to Liam who was only just managing to keep himself awake.

“You,” she snarled. “Bring your Digimon and get on my back. Don’t pull any of my hairs out, but hold on tight. It’s going to be a long ride.” With wide eyes, Liam clambered out of the booth with Veemon in tow, climbing onto the fox Digimon’s back. “Be careful, Wizardmon,” Kyubimon said quietly, before she strode out the diner into the grass beyond the back door. Her paws gathered much more purchase here and she and Liam took off into the night.

“Fist of the Beast King!” A blinding flash of orange fiery power illuminated the restaurant for a moment as the tall lion struck out at the Palmons, effectively deleting them. He stood still for a moment, gathering the energy they released before he, the fairy and Lilymon returned to the table.

“Leomon,” Wizardmon said, addressing the lion. “Take the oldest boy and his Digimon and return to base camp. Kyubimon is heading in from the south so I expect you to take a different approach.” Leomon nodded once, gesturing for Jarred who carefully climbed out of the booth beside Judi and allowed the frightening Digimon gather him in his arms. Under different circumstances Judi might have laughed at the sight, but Leomon quickly padded from the room, turning sharply at the door and disappearing into the night as Kyubimon had.

“Kazemon,” Wizardmon called. The fairy Digimon stepped forward, brushing her purple bangs away from the metal band hiding her eyes. Her wings were much like Ceresmon’s in the sense that they were delicate but Judi couldn’t help but stare at how little clothing the Digimon seemed to wear. It was like she was entering a bikini contest or something. “Take the littlest one in from the northern skies,” Wizardmon ordered, snapping Judi’s attention back from the fairy. “Make haste before dawn approaches. She has no Digimon to protect her, so take care.”

“Aye, aye, Captain,” Kazemon chirped with a salute, much to Wizardmon’s chagrin. Like Leomon, she gathered Jasmine into her arms and strode out the door before pushing off into the air, her wings taking the two of them higher into the air. When they were out of sight, Wizardmon turned back to Judi and Terriermon, the only remaining Tamer and Digimon.

“We shall approach from the west,” he announced. “It will give us a longer cover of night in which we hope none of Ceresmon’s minions will find us. We must hurry though. I can feel that the fight has attracted more unwanted visitors.”

Nodding curtly, Judi deposited Terriermon on her shoulder where he wrapped his ears around her forehead and shoulder to keep balance. Then using the running skills she had picked up from years of skating, she hurried out the door after Wizardmon who, despite the appearance, was quite a fast runner. She only glanced over her shoulder once to see Lilymon hurrying after them, taking to the air as soon as they had been swallowed up by the starless night.

[END]​

Wow, I feel like there was a text blocks in this chapter, but I hope you don't mind. I tried to make it a little interesting at least. The story has been posted on fanfiction.net but I haven't gotten around to getting it up to date, so this is the only place you can read this chapter at the moment. Hope you enjoyed it.