• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Digimon Odyssey (Fic rated PG)

Kung Fu Ferret

The Usurper
(Note to Readers: This is my first fanfic on this site. Some of these Digimon will be of my own creation. Since I am not that great as an artist, I will describe them the best I can. Also, if a Digimon appears that is NOT one of my creations, there will be a picture, and more info, in the author's notes following each chapter, courtesy of wikimon.net)

Prologue (AKA Chapter Zero):

(It is the beginning of school vacation in Japan, and a new free-to-play multiplayer online game called Digimon Odyssey has just been released. A boy named Eiji Nakamura has just downloaded it, and is literally sucked into the Digital World immediately. However, Eiji was not the only case of a player disappearing into this Digital World. Everybody who downloaded the game in the last seventy-two hours is nowhere to be found anywhere in the Real World.

The humans that have been sucked in have no choice but to befriend their very own Digimon partner, because not all Digimon take kindly to humans in their territory, because Digimon Odyssey is technically NOT a game, it's for REAL! In this Information Age, The Digital World is rapidly leaking into the world of humanity.

Barbamon, one of the Seven Great Demon Lords, is attempting the conquer the Digital World and destroy the Real World. This is where Eiji and the countless others come in. These human youths have been chosen by Dianamon, guardian of the legendary Digi-Aura, to stop her greedy, demonic adversary.

Digi-Aura is what keeps the Digital World in balance. Without it, all Digimon would be rendered unable to Digivolve, but the current excess of Digi-Aura has caused the Digital World to begin merging with the human world, thus causing Eiji and company to literally get sucked into their computers.)

Eiji Nakamura, a thirteen-year old student at Kouji Wada Middle School in Tokyo, has just gotten out of school for the summer. He begins eighth grade in September, which is three months away. He was walking home on a bus sidewalk, his medium-length dirty blond hair spiked upwards with the support of a pair of red goggles. Eiji was taking the scenic route, which none of his friends were doing. He was saving his allowance for many months in order to buy a new laptop. He checked the pockets of his school uniform to see if he had enough money before he made his way to his local computer store. Luckily he had saved 27,000 yen. Eiji pulled out his smartphone to call his parents, reminding them to pick him up from the store, as he lived several miles away.

"Nakamura residence, this is Keiko speaking." Eiji's mother said, from the other end of the line.

"Hi, Mom. It's Eiji, just calling to let you know I am on my way to buy that computer I've been saving up for. I need you to pick me up." Eiji replied, getting an itch under his white shirt as he was walking into the store.

"Your father will be there in ten minutes. See you when you get home, honey." His mother said, just before the conversation ended due to static.

"Odd." Eiji thought aloud. "Usually I have much better reception around here."

Eiji then silently walked towards the computer aisle, independently picked out what he believed to be the the best gaming-quality laptop for his budget. Including tax, it cost exactly 27,000 yen, coincidentally. He carried the box to the cash register, and struck a conversation with the employee operating the register.

"Oh, a Key Lime 4200? Good choice! That will be 27,000 yen." The cashier said. "It comes with a six-month warranty, by the way. May I help you find something else? Perhaps a game or two to play on it?"

"Yeah, I would buy Zoo-Craft 3, but I don't have any extra cash right now. Are there any free-to-play games online?" Eiji asked, grabbing the plastic bag containing the brand new Key Lime 4200 computer.

The clerk gave a recommendation:

"Oh, my little brother found this game online called Digimon Odyssey. He was really looking forward to it. Hasn't even left his room since this morning. I swear he's addicted to it. He still won't let me try it out. I hope whatever I'm missing out on is REALLY good!" The clerk said. "His name is Kentaro, if you see him online, tell him that Akira told you about the game. That's me."

Eiji's father, who was wearing a suit and tie, just pulled up in his green SUV.

"So, Eiji. Did you get the computer you wanted?" His father asked. "I also bought you Zoo-Craft 3 Super Collection to go with it! Happy birthday, son!"

Today, June 6, was also Eiji's thirteenth birthday, and forgot he asked for Zoo-Craft 3 as a gift.

"Thanks, Dad! I couldn't be happier! I had exactly enough money for the Key Lime 4200! A guy told me about this online game called Digi- Already forgot it. But he recommended it to me." Eiji asked.

"Digimon Odyssey? I've heard many great things about that game. It's free to play, isn't it?" His father replied.

Eiji nodded as to say "YES", right Mr. Nakamura started the car, and began driving home. They arrived at their humble abode about fifteen minutes later.

Eiji rushed into his room with the laptop and Zoo-Craft 3, started it up, and began creating an enormous virtual zoo. He built areas for a vast multitude animals: gorillas, crocodiles, hippos, ostriches, zebras, lions, kangaroos, pink flamingos, ducks, tigers, spotted hyenas, orangutans, polar bears, meerkats, otters, yaks, leopards, wolves, snakes, foxes, koalas, sheep, goats, cows, monkeys, seals, camels, condors, and parrots.

Eiji used every single animal in the game on the biggest map before the game crashed as result because Eiji was installing Digimon Odyssey at the same time. And to add insult to injury, he forgot to save.

As soon as Digimon Odyssey was finished installing, Eiji was literally sucked into his new computer, and woke up hours later in a strange Digital World.