• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Digimon: Retry! (RPG Thread)

Double-oh-Platypus

After locking eyes with Lalamon for a brief moment, Terriermon turned around, lay back on the ground and promptly fell asleep again. He wasn't one for the fine arts and such, and had only woken up when he heard Lalamon screeching out her praise for her new partner.

Alice, meanwhile, simply stood gaping. It's like watching a musical, she mused to herself as Maon stood catching his breath. Where people just break out into song with perfectly choreographed moves.

"Wasn't he great?" Lalamon continued. "I mean, he would never do something like that normally. He's so shy because of bullying incidents back at school; being teased for not being athletic or something. How can you not call that athletic?"

Alice choked slightly on the air, but Lalamon didn't seem to notice. She was still staring at Maon lovingly as he returned to them.

No wonder he got teased! Alice thought to herself. She felt bad for thinking it, but she couldn't help it. Back at her school, a lot of the guys that did any sort of super artsy things (like dance and sing, which Maon seemed to be able to do extraordinarily well) were usually speculated to be, well, not quite as manly as their appearances may reveal.

It was at this time that Alice noticed that Terriermon had fallen asleep. She nudged her friend gently in the side with the toe of her shoe, but the rabbit-like creature simply snorted loudly, rolled over and continued to sleep. Even though they hadn't known each other for long, Alice knew that Terriermon was just acting. He obviously wanted to make it quite clear that while Maon, Lalamon and Alice were interested in Maon's skills, he was not. Alice could already tell that when they returned home, he would be the one watching TSN twenty-four seven.

~END~

((Not that there's anything wrong with guys dancing and singing. I'm simply speaking as Alice in the posts. I have nothing against those kinds of people at all.))

Manaphy Mare

1000 Words
"Wasn't he great?" Lalamon continued. "I mean, he would never do something like that normally. He's so shy because of bullying incidents back at school; being teased for not being athletic or something. How can you not call that athletic?"

Maon had returned in time to hear Lalamon's question. His face turned a bright scarlet as the sound hit his ear drums. He did not expect anyone to like his performance at all; however one digimon didn't seem that interested at all in his dance. Terriermon seemed to be fast asleep on the ground. As the tiny digimon rolled over and snored loudly, his heart sank and doubt began to cloud his mind. 'Could I have been wrong about them not judging me?' thought Maon. This didn't go unnoticed by those he was around, especially by Lalamon.
'Oh #### no! Not after all that effort I put into getting him to come out of his shell! He is not going to revert like this! Maybe if I... Yes, that might work.' Lalamon's temper was near it's boiling point and it showed. The first thing she did was rip Maon's staff from his hands. She then stomped over to the 'sleeping' digimon and poised for a strike with her partner's staff (though she partially disassembled it to fit her smaller stature. She cleared her throat, anger already beginning to seep into her voice as she said, "Get your fat, little Teriermon *** up before I beat it senseless," she then leaned in closer to the digimon's ear and whispered, "My partner has issues with confidence and coming out of his shell. Fake an interest if you have to, because I am not about to have all the effort I put into getting him out of his shell undone by one digimon or human's action..."
Taking a breath she turned to Maon and cheerily said, "how about an encore? Teriermon mustn't 've had enough sleep and probably wants to see you do a faster song. Right, Terriermon?" From the corner of her eye she gave Terriermon a glare that gave the message of, "play along or face my full fury..."

OOC: Platypus- 1) don't worry about weather or not Alice's thoughts offend me, I figured they were in character. I hope you can understand that it's the same thing for Lalamon.
2) Terriermon doesn't have to play along, Maon can probably keep her from attacking, though it's your choice.

Double-oh-Platypus

Terriermon, however, had now completely fallen asleep. Although his sensitive ears had picked up Lalamon's threat, he simply figured he had dreamed it up.

I can take that little flower bud, he thought to himself sleepily. She doesn't stand a chance!

Alice however, was quite concerned. "I'm so sorry," she said to Lalamon and Maon as she scooped Terriermon's sleeping form into her arms. He rolled over so that his back was to the performance and Alice sighed. It was a good thing that Terriermon was only this rude when he slept. However, she hadn't known him long enough when he was awake for her to actually judge much from his personality.

"I wouldn't mind seeing a faster song," Alice lied, though her face didn't show it. Although the excitement was fake, the general curiosity was not.

Manaphy Mare

1000 Words
"I'm so sorry," said Alice as she picked up Terriermon. She sighted as she held him with his back to the performance. "I wouldn't mind seeing a faster song," she said. Though it was a lie, her acting seemed to convince Maon. Lalamon, on the other hand, wasn't as convinced.
As the young digimon cheered for Maon and begged him to do a couple of more songs, Lalamon approached Alice and said, "Thanks for the help, I owe ya one."
Maon returned to his digivice to look for another song to do. As soon as he found it he got ready to play (OOC: His song this time is Open your Heart by Crush 40)
In the first twenty four seconds the choreography was light, Moan only did a few movements, but it all fit with the build up to the first riff. when the rest of the instruments came in, he did a forward hand-spring with a somersault in the air before he landed on his feet. After that he continued with a much more active and fast-paced Choreography.

"Thunder, rain, and lightning. Danger, water rising. Clamour, sirens wailing. It's such a bad sign," sang Maon with a surprising edge in his voice, "Shadows of dark creatures. Steel clouds floating in the air. People run for shelter. What's gonna happen to us!? All the steps we take, all the moves we make, all the pain at stake I see the chaos for everyone who are we what can we do. You and I are same in the way that we have our own styles that we won't change. Yours is filled with evil and mine's not there is no way I can lose." As Maon sang there's no way I can loose Lalamon tossed him his fully reassembled staff.

"Can't hold on much longer," Maon began to fall backwards but caught himself with his staff as he sang, "But I will never let go! I know it's a one way track, Ttll me now how long this'll last. I'm not gonna think this way. Nor will I count on others. Close my eyes and feel it burn," once Maon reached "feel it burn" he spin his staff over his head and entered a battle stance as he sang, "Now I see what I've gotta do. Open your heart, it's gonna be alright!" Maon shifted out of his battle stance and stood his staff upright at "It's gonna be alright!"

"Ancient city blazing. Shadows keep attacking. Little children crying. Confusion, hopeless anger," he sang, using his staff at some points of the choreography. "I don't know what it can be but you drive me crazy. All your cunning tricks make me sick, you won't have it your own way!" As he sang way he did a pirouette as he swung his staff in a low arc, finishing both circles as the not cut off. He then repeated the chorus from Can' hold on... up to ...I've gotta do, he even did the feigned fall at the start.
"Open your heart... and you will see!" When Maon sang, "See," he did a double pirouette. All through the guitar solo he returned to the more advanced moves for the choreography.

"If it won't stop, there will be no future for us," sang Maon as he leaned on his staff for "support" only to stand back up as he sang, "Its heart is tied down by all the hate, gotta set him free!"

"I know it's a one way track, tell me now how long this'll last. Close my eyes and feel it burn, now I see what I've gotta do. Gotta open your heart, dude," sang Maon as he did the choreography from the latter half of the chorus before he repeated it all.

"Open your heart, it's gonna be alright!" Finished Maon as he performed a perfect split without even a sign of pain. The younger digimon cheered and applauded wildly for the young man; however his face wasn't nearly as red as it was when he finished his first song.

Lalaman was, for once, speechless. Regaining her composure she whispered to Alice, "I really owe ya one."

Double-oh-Platypus

"I really owe you one," Lalamon told Alice as they stood and watched Maon. Alice was trying her best not to look completely stunned and mildly horrified at the same time. There was definitely something wrong with Maon. Being a rather brash person, she wondered if she should just go right out and ask him, but also being rather polite, she knew it was a bad idea. She'd leave it to Terriermon. He probably had enough courage (or lack of common sense) to ask.

"That was great," Alice said to Maon as he returned. She really did mean it, though she said nothing about whether she had liked it or not. Terriermon, meanwhile, was still sleeping and Alice looked around to see if anyone else had been watching (or was willing to join them so that she wasn't stuck speaking to a talking plant if Maon decided to break out in song again). Unfortunately, everyone else seemed to be holding conversations of their own, or just unwilling to join Alice and Maon.

Manaphy Mare

1000 Words
"That was great," said Alice as Maon returned to the group. He was breathing slightly heavier than earlier, but that was only due to the choreography of his last song.

"Thanks," said Maon; voice was still soft, but now it was in a sweet, gentle manner rather than a shy one. His lips were curved up into a gentle smile. A small group of fresh and in-training digimon swarmed Maon asking him to do another song.

Maon knelt down and said, "Sorry, but I doubt the others," Maon gestured towards Alice and the rest of his fellow Digidestined, "would want me to sing anything that's not in English, and all the other songs I know in English are for two or more people."

"Maybe you could sing and dance wis one of the osher Digidessined? Pwease?" Asked one of the younger digimon.

"Sorry. Besides I'm kinda worn out from all of that dancing." He gently replied. "Maybe the next time we come here, I'll have a new song ready for you little guys."

While Maon spent a little bit of time with the young digimon, Lalamon turned her attention to Alice and said in a hushed tone, "I present to you Maon after he comes out of his shell. I figured it would be a good idea since we'd need some communication, and if he didn't manage to get out of his shell. Well you can probably figure it out."

Maon slowly stood up and turned to Alice as he said, "Maybe we should join up with the others." He then turned and walked over to the group.

Resting a hand on Arthur's shoulder and said, "Hey, sorry for earlier. I guess I lost my balance for a second."

Shadowfaith

Shinigami...
As the digi destined got to know one another, Aisha took this time to disappear into one of the small huts off to the side. It was a quaint little hut with a red roof and flowers spurting out from the ground surrounding it. This was her keep whenever she visited the innocent little village. The hut wasn’t big enough to house the massive wolf that followed behind her simply because it was designed to hold the little ones that began they’re lives here. She entered through the arch, ducking as not to hit her head on the low beam of the door. Sangloupmon simply poked his giant head in through the archway and watched as his partner shuffled through some drawers, replacing the book in the top one and then moving her aim to the bottom one. It took a moment for her to find what she was looking for and once found she shut the small drawer and straightened up to her full height, gazing down at the digital devise in her hand. She heaved a sigh and ran her thumb lightly over the dust covered Digivice she now held in her palm. “Maybe it will come in handy.” She muttered, pocketing the devise and turning her gaze on the wolf stood in the door way. He simply shook his head and stated,
“It has not worked since the clown took your crest, I doubt it will work now.”
“Maybe I’ll find that courage again and I wont need it!” She growled, pushing past the wolf with some difficulty and out into the opening that once occupied all of the digidestined. She stopped upon noticing that some of them had wandered off and sighed. “Brilliant.”

Sangloupmon, unfazed by his partners slight loss of temper let out a mighty howl, a signal for the lost dig destined to return to the centre of the village. Aisha in the mean time bid a farewell to the Elecmon and hoisted herself onto the back of her beloved wolf. She grasped his fur gently as not to make it uncomfortable for him and bid him move towards the gates of the small village. She then continued to yell, “Were moving out! We’ve wasted enough time here, the first temple lies to the north in the jungles of the central world. Move it now or we’ll be missing lunch!” She plucked a leafy bag from the mouth of a small Betamon that she had asked to get them a few snacks for the road. She grinned at the thought of what the new digidestined would think of the unfamiliar meals she had had prepared for them.

“Do you really think this will work, Aisha?” The wolf questioned as it began to pad out of the village slowly. “How can we be sure it will work.”
“All we know is that I am not able to approach them, not with Waka around anyway. Besides, they are not aware of the digidestines alliance, we could easily manipulate the guards into thinking they are working for them if need be. And if all else fails, we will see how they act when a multitude of enemies pour at them at once. You forget that even we have friends in this world.” She smirked, patting the wolf lightly on the head. “Don’t worry too much about it, it will work in our favour, you’ll see.

Gentleman Skeleton

"Ah, so we're headed for the jungle?" Liormon asked. "I need to show you Leomon Village if we're heading in that direction, Lord Gabriel." A serene look came across Liormon's face. "The places I need to show you. Leomon Village, Steel City, Rail Town. I think you'll love this place if you-" Liormon took a strike of his paw against Gabriel's face. "BROADEN YOUR HORIZONS!"

"OWWWWWWW! What was that for?!"

"For ignoring me. Now then, we're off. Have to warn you though, powerful Digimon lurk in the jungle. Don't stray from the group, there's safety in numbers."

"I'm not too worried, that wolf looks strong enough to protect us."

"Lord Gabriel, I want you to realize something. Lady Aisha had her Crest stolen, there are creatures in the jungle far stronger than Sangloupmon. We can all become stronger, but we're reliant on you staying alive in order to do so. In other words, do something stupid and we can't protect you."

"Alright, sorry. I'm absent minded sometimes. I'll keep that in mind and stick with the group as much as possible."

"Good, it would be foolish to venture into the jungle alone."

"Wonder what the deal is with everyone else."

"Dunno, why don't you ask?"

"They're weirding me out. You've got the chorusline over there and some guy plucked from the Rennaissance Fair over there. Then there's this Aisha. Something just doesn't feel right around her."

"Like what?"

"Dunno, all I know is something about her story doesn't seem right. I don't trust this situation one bit. There's more to this story than she's letting on and I know it. I intend to get to the bottom of this before we get ourselves killed."

Double-oh-Platypus

Alice began following Aisha and the rest of the group. She wondered if Terriermon would ever become someone strong enough to carry her on his back. She highly doubted it as he was quite tiny, and she sighed. Although she found Terriermon amusing, she wondered why she didn't get a bigger Digimon; something that was more menacing and could probably do more damage in a battle.

"What did you think of Maon's dancing?"

Alice was surprised that Terriermon had woken up. She watched him stretch and scratch lazily behind one ear.

"It was certainly... interesting," Alice commented, careful with her words. "What did you think of it?"

"I really could care less," Terriermon replied, climbing up onto the Asian's shoulder and wrapping one ear around her head for stability. "I'm not into that twirly mumbo-jumbo. Dancing is not a manly sport!"

"Well you're not very manly," Alice pointed out, poking her partner in the stomach and sending both of them into laughter.

"What about Lalamon?" Terriermon asked. "She's a bit of a control freak, hey?"

Alice shook her head, causing Terriermon to swing freely for a moment. "She just really cares about Maon, that's all," she said. "She wanted him to be less shy."

"That's never going to happen between us," Terriermon promised. "Cross my heart and hope to cheer, or else take a chainsaw to my ear."

Manaphy Mare

1000 Words
(OOC: Feel free to bunny Maon in your next post Zincspider)

BIC: Maon waved good bye to the residents of Primary Village as he followed Aisha.

"Do you have to leave Maon?" Asked one of the younger digimon. Tears welling up in his eyes. The youngster didn't want his heroes to leave.

"Maon knelt down and patted the digimon on the head as he said, "I'm afraid so, Aisha needs our help to save the digital world."

"Ok," the digimon sighed, "But come back someday. Promise?"

"I promise." replied Maon. He then picked up Lalamon and stood up. Jogging lightly, he did his best to catch up with the group.

'He really seems to act like a maternal dad or an older brother towards those little guys... Lalamon mused silently. She could tell that he wasn't going to revert back into his shell around his fellow digidestined.

Maon slowed down as he caught up with the rest. He thought he saw figures moving off of the path, but it was just the light playing tricks on his eyes... he hoped.