• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Digimon: Retry! (RPG Thread)

Double-oh-Platypus

((So sorry for not posting. Totally missed the last part wolf's post, but now I'm ready to get another post up!))

"Hey. I don't think I caught you're name earlier. I'm Chris. Wow. I never thought I would be introducing myself in a world full of magical talking animals as a 'Destined'."

Terriermon, who had been briefing her quickly on the facts of 'Digivolution' abruptly stopped talking. Alice turned around and examined the boy who responded so rudely to her when she first arrived. Her first instinct was to turn her head in disgust, but she realized that it would be rather mean, and making friends at this moment was probably pivotal. At least she knew she wasn't the only crazy person in this new world.

"I'm Alice," she replied unsteadily. She scooped Terriermon into her arms and stood, noticing that Chris too, had a 'Digimon'. It was a strange, wolf-like critter with one long horn growing out the middle of its forehead. "I know what you mean," Alice continued. "I don't even know how I got here. One minute I was looking for the family cell phone and the next thing I know I arrive here with this strange device," she paused to show Chris the object Terriermon called a Digivice, "and meeting a strange dog-rabbit hybrid that can talk." She sighed. "Can things get any weirder today?"

~END~

((Sorry. Probably could have been longer, but this is all my brain's got a the moment -_-"))

wolfsrain23

Oh noes.
"I'm Alice," she replied unsteadily before scooping the small rabbit Digimon into her hands."I know what you mean," Alice continued. "I don't even know how I got here. One minute I was looking for the family cell phone and the next thing I know I arrive here with this strange device," she paused to show Chris the same type of "Digi-vice" he had, although, hers was a different color. "..and meeting a strange dog-rabbit hybrid that can talk." She sighed. "Can things get any weirder today?"

"I don't want to say 'no' and be wrong." Chris responded, also pulling out his Digivice. "And yeah, I met this talking "Gabumon" too."

"I have a name, you know." The Digimon growled in response.

'Right. My bad Felix." Chris said halfheartedly before continuing on, not really paying attention to the Gabumon. "But I dunno how we got here either. All I remember was that my computer was acting weird, I found this thing, and all of a sudden, I woke up here."

Double-oh-Platypus

"Hey, why don't you stop talking about me as if I'm not really here," Terriermon said grumpily as he pushed on Alice's arms, trying to escape. "It's rude, you know."

Alice sighed. "Sorry," she muttered. "I just really want to know where here is. I mean, I listened to Aisha's speech and everything, but she didn't tell us where we are. Are we still on Earth, even? Because if we're not, I think I'll really start to get a little high strung." She sucked in a breath before letting it out with a whoosh. She was feeling apprehensive about the whole ordeal about being in a strange new world with strange new people and strange new organisms. It just wasn't proper.

Taking the chance to look around herself, trying to get a sense of her bearings. They seemed to be the only creatures around, her and the rest of the humans and their Digimon. She couldn't see anything else out in the big, wide world.

~END~

((I'm totally unaware of what the surrounding area looks like. Does anyone else know?))

Gentleman Skeleton

"Well, now that my little panic attack is over," gabriel said to himself. "Better check and see if the equpiment's okay." Gabriel pulled his laptop out of the bag and opened it. He turned it on only to find it wouldn't start up. "Awwww, don't tell me the fall broke you Lappy. Please, start for me." As if on cue, noise could be heard from inside. "Ahhhh, listen to that beast pur." However, he was met by a strange boot screen. "Huh, Yggdrassil? That's not my OS."

"Name rings a bell," Liormon replied. "Might have been from my days in the Knights, hard to remember though."

"What do you mean?"

"I remember being a part of the Royal Knights and I was killed by someone, beyond that is a complete blank."

"Royal Knights? Meant to ask about that earlier."

"I don't remember much about them. We were defenders of the peace before all this happened. I think a large number of us were wiped out in one single battle." Liormon froze in his tracks as a flashback hit him like a ton of bricks.

D***mon, are you alright?!

It hurts, S****mon, it hurts!

Don't leave us D***mon! D***mon?! D***MON!

"Liormon, you alright?"

"Yeah, I'm fine Lord Gabriel, hard to tell what just came over me."

"I got my computer up and running. So far I've found a Digimon index and some strange programs I can't seem to open yet. Ooooooh, what's this I see?" Gabriel clicked on a strange icon on his computer only for it to open up to a map of the island. He noticed the strange girl looking around. "Hey you, didn't catch your name. You're not going to get your bearings that way. I found a map."

Manaphy Mare

1000 Words
After a few minutes of silence Lalamon spoke up and said, "Youshould try socializing!" She scanned the others gathered; searching for the right person. She spotted a boy and a girl chatting with each other, 'Don't want him to interrupt their conversation.' She then moved her attention to a boy who ran into another of the destined, Klutz, I don't think that it would be a good idea if he went over there right now... She then continued her search until she saw a boy working on his laptop, Bingo!
She looked up at Maon and said, "Why don't you try talking to him?"
"I um..." was all he had time to say before Lalamon gave him the look. Not wanting to argue he walked over to the boy sitting at the laptop and said, "Um hello, I'm Maon Mac Arthaigh, and you are?" Maon extended his hand. Despite his shy demeanor he seemed to radiate a kind, gentle warmth.

wolfsrain23

Oh noes.
(OOC: Sorry, not really. But, I assume we're in Primary Village though. Ask in the RPG OOC thread.)

Chris just stared at the rabbit-Digimon. Although he shouldn't have been surprised the creature could talk, he couldn't help but find it strange. How many of these creatures were there, and were there any other types of animals.

"Sorry," Alice muttered, responding to the small rabbit and bringing Chris' attention back, "I just really want to know where here is. I mean, I listened to Aisha's speech and everything, but she didn't tell us where we are. Are we still on Earth, even? Because if we're not, I think I'll really start to get a little high strung." She sucked in a breath before letting out a sigh.

"I'd like to say we still are... but..." Chris glanced at the brightly colored village around them. "....I really don't think this place could exist without anyone knowing about it."

"I thought we told you already, you guys are in the Digital World now." Felix said, crossing his arms.

"Whatever that means." Chris sighed and looked away. It was only then he noticed another "Destined" huddled around a laptop. The boy looked familiar, but Chris couldn't tell from where. He also had a lion looking at the computer next to him. Guessing, Chris had to say it was probably another talking Digimon. He momentarily thought about going over and asking him to use it; however, it looked like currently, another person had beat him to it.

Somewhat disappointed, he turned back to Alice and uncrossed his arms. "So. Does your... uh... rabbit have a name?" he asked, unsure what to call the creature in her arms.

Double-oh-Platypus

"So, does your... uh... rabbit have a name?" Chris asked, looking a little uneasy.

"Oh, yeah," Alice replied, glancing down at her 'rabbit'. "It's Terriermon, I believe. " Terriermon nodded in approval and Alice was relieved she got his name right. It would have been embarrassing to mess up in front of Chris. "What about your Digimon? Does it have a name?" She was careful with her words, trying not to offend Chris's partner.

Around her, the others were slowly starting to settle in. She saw one kid whip out his laptop and get to work and she suddenly wished that she had her MacBook with her. However, there wasn't a way she could have grabbed it before being transported. She hadn't even had time to write a note to her parents (not that it would have mattered anyway).

A few others had started conversations of their own, but no one had yet to join in hers and Chris' conversation. Maybe that's a good thing, Alice mused to herself, though she realized she would have to get to know the others sooner or later. After all, they were destined to save the world, or something like that.

Gentleman Skeleton

"Gabriel James Ducard," Gabriel said, his eyes not leaving his laptop screen once. His hand extended in her general direction. "Charmed." Upon further inspection, he noticed two new ports in his laptop. He placed the strange device inside the larger one and several new options opened up. "Hmmm, Core Programming, that one sounds interesting." He clicked it to find a large wall of programming code. "Hmmm, this is going to take quite a while to decipher. I don't even know where to begin with all this. Codebreaking isn't my speciality. Then again in a world where data is tangible, learnng to read and manipulate this code could prove handy."

Gabriel opened the map program up once again. On his screen appeared a 3D model of the island with detailed information written on it in digital code. However, from the detail given and wolf-girl's story, he was able to find Primary Village. Moments later, the areas surrounding the village had their text translated into English. "Hmmm, fascinating."

"Hey," Liormon said. "Aren't you going to introduce yourself to them, Lord Gabriel?"

"I gave them my name."

"You haven't listened for their's yet though."

"Busy."

"Too busy for human interaction?"

"Too busy for introductions at the moment. Give me a few moments and I'll introduce myself proper."

Zincspider

My Bloody
Arthur watched as the boy reached down with his hand. Boy was used loosely there, as Arthur's veiw had him looking at what seemed to be a young man. He wore a suit (a freaking suit), and the whole air about him was professional.

"No vorries, it vas an accident," he said, holding out his hand to help Arthur up.

*Holy excalibur, he's German too. As if he wasn't business like already... ah well, he seems nice enough* Arthur thought, reprimanding himself at the small quip he made against the boy. The boy tugged, and pryed Arthur off the ground. "Well, thanks there my good man," Arthur began, holding out his right hand, and brushing his pants off with his left "my name is Arthur Camotel, and yours?" The boy reached shook the given hand.

"My name is Wolfgang."

Arthur nodded, and was going to speak, but he stopped in the middle of opening his mouth to see what looked like his cell phone from the corner of his eye. He reached down to pcik it up, and noticed that it looked nothing like his cell phone. So it must not be his. But upon a quick inspection of his pockets, the phone was no where to be found. Instead, he held a small mechanical device in his hand. Wolfgang asked the question before he did however.

"Vhat is that? I have never seen somthing like that before."

"I find that hard to beleive sir!," Callibun intergected pointing at Wolfgang's belt "You have one right there, and I know what it is, it is a..." but Calliburn was cut off by Wolfgang's little mechanical partner. The beetle had reached up, and grabbed Wolfgang's digivice.

"Request processed: This is a digivice, it is used to help me digivole into a higher form that will be used to destroy stronger obsetcles than I can take in my normal form. It also plays MP3s" the beetele finished, placing the digivice back on Wolfgang's belt. Arthur was entranced by his little peice of technology, but Wolfgang was less than impressed.

"So not only am I taken avay from the real vorld, but my cell phone has been turned into a knock off MP3 player with the ability to make a monster stronger?... oh dear." Wolfgang finished, cradleing his head in his hand. He quickly raised his head however, when he felt an arm wrap around his shoulders. He turned to find Arthur holding him with one arm.

"It's ok my friend. A journey to the unknown awaits us! Don't feel down, but be ready" And with that, Arthur relinquieshed his grip and ran off.

"MASTER ARTHUR! Where are you going? Last time you ran off, you ran into someone! Are you even listening?" Calliburn inquired running off behind him.

wolfsrain23

Oh noes.
(OOC: I love spell check, Terriermon= Terrier on, Gabumon=Gaborone and Digimon=Diriment, -.-‘)

"Oh, yeah," Alice replied, glancing down at her 'rabbit'. "It's Terriermon, I believe.” Terriermon nodded in approval. "What about your Digimon?" She continued, obviously being careful in what she said. "Does it have a name?"

"Yeah." Chris responded, looking down at his partner. "It's-"

"Felix!" The Gabumon interjected, stepping in front of Chris and pointing a clawed thumb towards himself. "And don'tcha forget it." Chris rolled his eyes and looked away from the Digimon. "What? I was afraid you would mess it up."

"It's two syllables."

"And?"

Chris sighed, he looked back at Alice. However, as he was turning, two other voices called out from near them.

"It's OK my friend. A journey to the unknown awaits us! Don't feel down, but be ready!"

"MASTER ARTHUR! Where are you going? Last time you ran off, you ran into someone! Are you even listening?"

Chris and Felix quickly looked to see the same loud kid and the toy-armor creature from earlier. However now, the midget-knight was chasing him, and seemed fairly troubled about it. It was only then Chris realized where he seemed to be heading, away from the group and to the outskirts of the “Village” they were in.

"Hey!" Chris shouted as he grabbed the boy by the arm as he passed. Chris was able to jerk the boy back but stumbled a little from the force. As he regained his footing, Chris spoke. “Come on, use your head! We can't just go run off. We need a plan before we do anything. Do you even know where we are? Or where we need to go?"

It was only then Chris got a good look at the kid. He and the boy were roughly the same height and same build. However, if anything, Chris was a little skinnier. While the boy was sporting a gray denim jacket and biker gloves, Chris also couldn’t help but notice the massive sword swung over his back.

Despite this, Chris stared firmly into the kid’s eyes while Felix walked up next to them. Letting out a smirk, he added his own comment. “Also, you might run into someone again.”

Double-oh-Platypus

Alice watched Chris' confrontation with another kid with mild interest. She was rather wary of this other boy, due to the sword strapped to his back, but her mind slowly drifted elsewhere as she began taking in her surroundings.

It was apparent that they were standing in some sort of village. The houses were brightly coloured and decorated with cute decal stickers and what not. Towering piles of blocks seemed to be placed randomly among the houses and every once in a while, Alice swore she saw some strange little creature bounce between the buildings.

They must be other Digimon, Alice figured, looking around to see if she could spot any other Digital Monsters that were not currently linked up with a human partner. Seeing none she diverted her attention back to Chris and the other boy, who were now joined by Felix, Chris' talking... dog-thing.

Zincspider

My Bloody
As Arthur started picking up speed on his energy releasing run, he was grabbed out of his jog by someone grabbing his arm. The stopping force made a sickening pop in his shoulder as his momentum at the time kicked in. Fortunatly, his arm felt a bit better afterwards... it was like he needed that thing unjammed. And then the offender begam speaking.

“Come on, use your head! We can't just go run off. We need a plan before we do anything. Do you even know where we are? Or where we need to go?"

Calliburn whispered to Arthur after he caught up, "I like this kid". Arthur gave him a look, and Cal shrugged it off. "Hey, he thinks it through. I don't want to be taken out by a Pawn... if you excuse the term".

Then there was a small pause in which Arthur got a breif look at the kid. About his height, a bit skinny, and seemed to have a fetish for red and blue things. Arthur did appreciate the googles around his neck though. Pretty cool.

“Also, you might run into someone again.” The boy finished with a smirk. Arthur smiled back.

"What, you thought I was running out of the village? Nay! I was simply letting of a bit of steam! I'm raring to go!" Arthur countered, putting his hands on his hips in a heroic pose... yes, that one, THE heroic pose.

"Well, I thought you were running out as well, Master Arthur... I've known you five minutes, and I already have an ache in my armor. Give us all a break..." Calliburn whined, driving his spear, head-first into the ground to keep himself up. Arthur nodded. The little guy was right. Arthur turned to the kid agian, and held out his hand.

"My name is Arthur Camotel, Knight Errant in training! And who mgiht you be?"

wolfsrain23

Oh noes.
(OOC: Adam West was Batman during the 60s, right? -.-‘)

"What, you thought I was running out of the village? Nay! I was simply letting of a bit of steam! I'm raring to go!" The kid responded. As he put his hands on his hips, Chris reluctantly was forced to let go, lest he snap his arm off. The boy proceeded to form a heroic pose, the very same you would see in any 60s superhero movie. (Yes! The ones when bad guys were taken out with a “thwap” and Adam West was still Batman.) However, Chris and Felix only responded by giving a blank stare.

"Well, I thought you were running out as well, Master Arthur... I've known you five minutes, and I already have an ache in my armor. Give us all a break..." The toy knight beside him griped, driving his spear head-first into the ground to keep himself up. Apparently, the kid agreed, because he seemed to calm down. Holding out a hand, he introduced himself.

"My name is Arthur Camotel, Knight Errant in training! And who might you be?"

Chris glanced at Felix, who looked just as bewildered as him. Arthur seemed friendly enough, even if a bit off. He hesitated for a second before grabbing Arthur’s hand. “ I’m Chris Eaton. Yeah. Sorry about that. It just looked like you we’re going to run out there. Oh yeah, and this is my partner, Felix.”

Chris nodded to the Gabumon, who was only staring at the kid with a vacant expression. After a moment, the Digimon cocked its head sideways and spoke. “So… Are you-“ Chris let go of Arthur’s hand gave Felix another jab with his elbow, predictably being met with complaint. “You didn’t even let me finish!”

Immediately, Chris let out a sigh after Felix spoke. “Every time…” He muttered under his breath. After retaining his frustration, he pointed at the armored midget at Arthur’s side. “Anyways, who’s in the suit?”

Manaphy Mare

1000 Words
"Gabriel James Ducard," replied the boy as he extended his hand, "Charmed." He didn't even move his eyes from his computer screen.

'This is not going the way I thought it would.' thought Lalamon as she muttered various obscenities that would make a sailor blush. Without wasting any time she tugged on the leg of Maon's pants and said, "Let's go somewhere more social." She then proceeded to drag him over to the larger group. As she was walking she grumbled something inaudible about laptops and geeks.

When they arrived they both heard one of the boys say, "My name is Arthur Camotel, Knight Errant in training! And who might you be?"

The other boy responded, "I’m Chris Eaton. Yeah. Sorry about that. It just looked like you we’re going to run out there. Oh yeah, and this is my partner, Felix.”
Without hesitating she shoved Maon into Arthur with a surprising force.
Maon let out a yelp as he lost his balance and collided with Arthur.

"S-sorry about that." apologized Maon.

Double-oh-Platypus

"My name is Arthur Camotel, Knight Errant in training! And who might you be?" the other boy stated to Chris, extending formally.

"I’m Chris Eaton. Yeah. Sorry about that. It just looked like you we’re going to run out there. Oh yeah, and this is my partner, Felix," Chris replied, shaking Arthur's hand.

"I'm Alice Jerkins," Alice chirped, finding a time to make an introduction. She wasn't sure if anyone was listening as Chris and Arthur kept talking, but their conversation seemed to be interrupted by something bumping into Arthur. Alice saw it was a boy, around her age.

His strangely silver hair was spiked downward in a unique hairstyle. His body seemed to be thin, almost as thin as Alice's. She also noticed a pair of crystal blue eyes and surprisingly pointy ears. She bit her lip, wondering if she should offer to help him up.

"Are you okay?" she finally asked, finding herself and Terriermon acting more as a third wheel to Chris and Arthur's conversation.

Manaphy Mare

1000 Words
"Are you okay?" asked one of the girls, near her was a small digimon that appeared to be a stuffed animal. Her chest-length hair was dark as a new moon and straight as a line. Her emerald eyes showed a girl who was serious, yet knew how to have fun.

"I'm fine. I've had worse falls happen when practicing my routines." said Maon as he stood up and dusted himself off.

"Yes... Fall, let's go with that." said Lalamon as her eyes shifted back and forth. 'YES! He's socializing and starting to come out of his shell!

Maon ignored his partners comment as he extended his hand and smiled gently as he said, "I'm Maon, and you are?"

Double-oh-Platypus

"Oh, I'm Alice," Alice replied hastily, shaking Maon's hand. She didn't want to know what kinds of routines he did that had worse falls. Gymnastics maybe? Or some sort of ice sport (minus curling). Or what if it was just the routine from the bedroom to the bathroom and back? She inhaled sharply at the last fact before she felt a tug on her pant leg. She looked down to see Terriermon looking quite cross with her.

"Oh! Right! Sorry," she said to her Digimon. "Maon, this is Terriermon. Terriermon, er, this is Maon." She scooped Terriermon into her arms so that he could examine this other human in closer proximity.

"Hi there," Terriermon said, raising both arms in greeting. "Welcome to the Digital World!"

Zincspider

My Bloody
“Anyways, who’s in the suit?” Chris asked, after quelling a harsh comment from his doggy... lizard... thing. Arthur ignored the comment made by the furball, and had begun to answer Chris's question to the best of his knowledge.... when a kid ran into him, scaring the wits out of Arthur, and causing him to rip his sword off his back, and imidiatly adopt a firm stance. He looked around for the attacker... but he was interupted bu Calliburn audibly laughing at him.

"Master Arthur! It seems this child has pulled a 'you'!" Cal cackled pointing his spear at the child. Arthur settled down after seeing the kid, and slapped his blade back on his... back. The child mumbled his apologies, and he ran off to talk with someone else, a girl who had been standing by Chris.

"Well, that certainly was odder than a one-headed Hydra, wouldn't you say, Calliburn?" Arthur stated, scratching his neck.

"Master Arthur, don't speak like that. Hydras scare the bejeebies out of me." After that, Calliburn turned to Chris to answer him."And I am Calliburn, not just a 'who' in the armor. I AM the armor!... and a pair of eyes, but that's not important. I am a PawnChessmon, and a warrior from the Chessmon Village!"

Manaphy Mare

1000 Words
"Oh, I'm Alice," he replied as she shook Maon's hand. She paused for a second, possibly to figure something out. She inhaled sharply before the stuffed animal-like digimon tried to get her attention.

"Oh! Right! Sorry, Maon, this is Terriermon. Terriermon, er, this is Maon." Said Alice as she picked up her digimon.

"Hi there," said the digimon as he raised his arms, "Welcome to the Digital World!"

"Nice to meet you Terriermon." said Maon in a slightly louder, though still fairly soft, voice. He felt a slight poke in his leg. Looking down, he saw Lalamon tapping her foot. He picked her up and turned to Alice and Terriermon.

"This is Lalamon. Lalamon, this is Alice and Terriermon." introduced Maon. His voice trailed off as he finished his introduction.

'Oh, *****! He's starting to go back into his shell! What should I do... Oh, I know...' thought Lalamon before she said, "So what kind of routines do you do?"

"Huh?" said Maon in surprise, "Oh, dance mostly, although I sing a little too." his voice was softer than before.

"Prove it!" shouted Lalamon giving him the look (yes that look), "You can play something on your digivice."

"um... ok." replied Maon as he searched for a song to do on his Digivice. He came across a file that showed promise and selected it. Turning to Alice, he said, "I hope you don't mind..." before he pressed play (OOC: he is doing Magica Bloom and Vola Se Vuoi)
BIC:
The music began to play, surprisingly it was almost of the same quality of the sound systems for his performances. He closed his eyes as he moved gracefully and silently. His motions flowing with the music. Just before he was about to sing he took a breath.
"Magica Bloom" his typical softness carried in his voice but slowly faded away as he began to sing, "nel mio cuore tu vivrai, quando tu tornerai nei cieli, tu fata sarai e il segreto scoprirai, e saprai dove nasce il sogno che tu hai." his typical softness was completely gone as he sang, "E finalmente saprai tutto di me," but returned as he sang, "magica Bloom." The music then shifted. By now many of the younger digimon had gathered to watch the show.
With the first three notes he gracefully did a three step turn with a slight jump with the third step. He then gracefully pulled out and assembled his staff. As the song progressed he began to work it into his choreography. He took a breath as he began to sing, "La Terra ti appartiene, ma non ti fermerai mai. Fa breccia nel tuo cuore, sento che lui ti seguirà." with the first, brief break he twirled his staff above his head before he continued with, "E' così che credi nella tua magia, ti darà la forza e la felicità. E con noi arrivi fin laggiù." The background vocals began to take over with the chorus as Maon echoed the last phrases of each line; non ti pentirai, vuola se vuoi, and sì con noi a noi, to be precise. He then repeated the prior lyrics of the song and the chorus once more before one of the other vocals on the track sang the next verse. As the other vocalist sang, "libertà." He tossed his staff into the air with it reaching it's pinnacle during the rest and returning to his hands as he finished singing, "Vuola se vuoi." when the song finished he opened his eyes and saw many of the gathered digimon cheering loudly for him, Lalamon being the loudest of all.
"That was a-freakin-mazing Maon!!" she screamed, leaping so high she only needed to turn her head to Terriermon when he looked in her general direction for their eyes to meet. Lalamon then tugged on Alice's pants, ready to explain why she pushed Maon to sing and dance.

(OOC2: Platypus, feel free to bunny Lalamon in your next post. FYI:she did a tiny bit of research on her partner (as much as was possible between Aisha's e-mail and Maon's arrival) and found that he was shy and quiet because he was bullied because of his lack of athletic talents outside of dance and gymnastics. This caused her to try and push Maon to come out of his shell.)

Last edited:

wolfsrain23

Oh noes.
"Master Arthur, don't speak like that. Hydras scare the bejeebies out of me" The armored-guy said distraughtly, to which both Felix and Chris only responded with the same stare and eye rolling from earlier. Not seeming to notice (or perhaps ignoring them), the midget-knight continued on. “And I am Calliburn, not just a 'who' in the armor. I AM the armor!... and a pair of eyes, but that's not important. I am a PawnChessmon, and a warrior from the Chessmon Village!"

“Wow. It seems like those two were just made for each other.” Chris mumbled under his breath as the ‘PawnChessmon’ finished.

Felix must have heard, because he responded. “Yeah.” The Digimon whispered, “Both are a bit off, for starters. I could go on, but…”

For a moment, he wondered if there was some sort of otherworldly connection between the Destined and their Digimon partners . Calliburn and Arthur were completely identical, and even Alice and Terriermon had their similarities. Glancing at Felix, he couldn’t help but wonder if they bore the same resemblance.

His train of thought was derailed when Felix spoke up to the two. “Chessmon Village? I thought they were still in the dark ages. ” However, not even Chris could hear the Digimon’s attempted joke that well, as the boy who had run into Arthur only moments before began to dance and sing behind them. Although he didn’t understand most of the lyrics, he could at least tell the song was in Spanish. After a few moments the song began to wrap up, and it was only then Chris noticed the dozens of Digimon that had gathered around the boy whom soon cheered in satisfaction.

“Eh. It was ok.” Both Felix and Chris shrugged simultaneously, only to be followed by an awkward silence between them.

Soon, however, the Gabumon (in an attempt to revamp the conversation) reached down and picked a small spherical pebble up off of the ground. “Hey, Chris! Check this out!” The Gabumon dropped the stone onto his clawed foot, carefully bouncing it up and down a few times before flicking it up and balancing it on the top of his head, right under his horn. After a second or two, Felix let it down and juggled the stone on his feet again then catching it.

“Sick!” Chris exclaimed, leading to Felix to respond with a puzzled face. “It’s a good thing. Trust me.”

“Well, I’ve been working on it for about a week now, and it’s not too good yet.”

“Come on, that was awesome! Check this one out!” Chris swiped the stone for Felix, juggling it for a second before catching it on his foot. He then threw the stone into the air, cushioning it and balancing it on the back of his neck. After a moment, Chris flicked it back up and quickly snatched it out of the air with his hand. “Got it!” He laughed, rubbing the back of his neck with his free hand. “Although, next time, we need a ball. Ouch.”

It was only then Chris remembered Arthur and Calliburn were still there. “Sorry about that.” He apologized, still rubbing the back of his neck. “I get kind of dragged into soccer. You play any sports?”