• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Digimon: The Foreboding Nightmare finally begins

KaiserMyuu

Hug a penguin!
The screech of blasts tore the warm afternoon air, echoing off the rocky hillside. A man, dressed in a green tunic that fell to his knees, his legs covered in matching trousers beat his way through. His leathis boots clomped against the ground and his gloves shielded his masked face, blue with crimson eyes and a dog-like nose, with yellow fangs showing from his mouth. He had a protective scarlet cape, matching the hair that came out of his mask, covering a heet of white hair. The man underneath the mask murmured through clenched teeth, "I hope I'm not too late!"

God Emperor Alphamon had received a message from a far off village that a group of bandit digimon had intercepted a stolen set of ‘secret weapons’ that were probably stolen from the same shady digimon that had been plundering small villages. However, one of these bandits, not agreeing with his fellows took these weapons to rightfully hand them over to Alphamon.

The courier had been scheduled to arrive the evening before. When he did not, Baronmon was dispatched to look for him. Word of a 'secret weapon' was too serious to risk the messenger getting lost.

He had scouted the southward paths all morning without success. Then it occurred to him that if a scout were trying to sneak in something to the Supreme Beings, they might try the east trail, which wound its way through a wide canyon at the foot of the mountains.

The sound of laserblasts and hoarse shouting affirmed the masked one's fears; the courier had been spotted by the othis bandits. Once these bandits had been a mountain defense band, but they had found highway robbery more profitable than fighting villains. Hence the reason few ventured to use the east trail anymore.

He hovered silently over the canyon, a silhouette against the afternoon sun, keen eyes sweeping the ground. Four figures were crouched on the canyon's rim, and three more were sliding down the sloping wall toward a lone crumpled figure in the road below. He was too late.

Enraged at himself for being so slow, and fearful lest the bandits loot their victim, he folded his cape and dropped with a hideous cry upon the thieves on the cliff. They fell on their faces in terror, trying to point their weapons toward their attacker. He kicked aside their weapons, followed by firing a small chunk of stone and fire on one of the bandits.

The other bandits on the cliff fled in opposite directions. The three who had reached the canyon floor saw Baronmon and made a break for it, as well. One dashed toward the fallen courier, probably intending to carry off what booty he could. Baronmon saw him, leaped off the cliff and glided. The goblin digimon yelped and fled down the ravine, deciding instead to save his skin. Their footsteps faded into the distance, and quiet returned to the canyon.

A few minutes later Baronmon returned, panting, hands stained crimson that began to quickly evaporate as the bandit dissolved. He was sorry he had not killed all the bandits, the thieving scoundrels. He walked to the courier. He was a goblinmon as well, but with darker colorings and yellow hair, along with a different set of clothing.

He rolled him over for a look at him. To his surprise his eyes opened and his gasped, "Are you Baronmon?"

"Yes," he replied. "Lie still. You're bleeding very badly." He had been
shot in the thigh and the side of his chest. His backpack was lying
nearby, so Baronmon grabbed it, opened it and pulled out a belt. This he cinched tightly around his leg as a tourniquet. The chest wound, however, was more serious; he was likely bleeding internally. The goblin struggled for a breath and gasped, "Did they get the weapon?"

"What did it look like?" Baronmon asked, looking around for a
gun, bomb or sword of some sort.

"The basket!" hissed the goblin in pain.

A wicker basket the size of an ice chest lay among the rocks a short distance away. Baronmon loped away, picked it up and carried it back. It was neither light nor heavy. Curiously he undid the catch and opened the lid a crack. The tips of several eggs protruded from tightly packed straw.
The masked being locked the catch and set the basket next to the
wounded goblin. "This has…digi-eggs in it," he told him. "Where's the
weapon?"

The goblin stroked the side of the basket and did not answer
for a moment, smiling. "That's it," he muttered at last, and sank to the
ground, dead.

"Eggs?" Impmon said in disbelief.

Baronmon had appeared fifteen minutes earlier, carrying the large basket. He set down the basket in the marble room, gave a quick bow of his head to Alphamon, then set off.

Impmon and Cyberdramon, curious, turned to each other before running over to Alphamon.

They found the metal being beside the basket, reading from a stack of stapled papers. He looked up with a smile as the rookie form of the man-demon barged in, the ultimate form of Goldramon behind him. "I figured
you guys would show up soon."

"What's that?" Cyberdramon asked, pretending to ignore this and
lowering himself beside the mysterious basket.

"Is it the secret weapon?" Impmon snarled, preparing to smash open the basket.

"Don't do that!" Alphamon hissed. "Yes, this is the weapon, although it isn't at all what you, I or anyone else for that matter expected. Take a look before you blow this basket to oblivion."

Impmon obediently flipped open the basket, and the three gazed
at the eggs packed in the yellow straw. "Eggs?" Impmon announced
in disbelief. "That's it? Where's the bomb?"

"Maybe that's it!" Cyberdramon exclaimed, trotting up and touching
the basket "Maybe they're--you know, Apocalymon eggs or something like that."

"Close," Alphamon said, paging through the stack. "Do any of you remember what a digidestined is?"

"A digidestined?" Cyberdramon said, looking up suddenly. "Oh! Imp,
remember that dysfunctional Japanese kid?"

Impmon's eyes brightened. "Yeah! And these are digidestined eggs? Cool!
Can I have one?"

"Hey pipsqueak, I get first pick!"

"No use getting greedy," said Alphamon peaceably. "And they aren’t digidestined eggs. They’re digimon eggs for the humans that are coming here. Nobody here gets their own." He looked down at the papers. "It says that the way you hatch them effects how they turn out. And these will hatch in a few hours." Alphamon paused a moment, eyes scanning the page. "But we're supposed to put the eggs in different environments as
soon as we get them."

"Cool," said Impmon. The reason why he wasn’t in his mega form was because it easier to manuever in this form, and there wasn’t a meeting or battle yet, so there was no need to be a Mega. He and Cyberdramon were already unpacking the eggs. Each was the size of a football. The shells were speckled with all sorts of different patterns, but were just about the same with the exception of a different symbol on each of them.

"Are you sure these are all plain old digimon eggs?" Impmon asked, holding one up.

"The documentation says so," Alphamon replied. He took it from him and turned it over in his hands. "Each of them house a different ‘plain old’ digimon. They’re all eggs, but they have different colorings," he said, setting it down among the others.

"Impmon, grab a pot from the kitchen below and fill it with water. I want to see how these eggs are different, so two of these eggs have to soak."

Impmon departed at an eager run.

"Cyberdramon, grab two eggs and put them in your room's windowsill, and keep the window open wide. Two have to sit in the sun until they bake."

Cyberdramon took an egg in each of his claws and looked at the remainders. "What about those?"

"Those," said Alphamon with a sigh, "stay in a cool dry place until they hatch."

It was the afternoon in the house of Xian Rakoth, where the aroma of hot dogs began to waft around, with Xian’s stomach mournfully empty. His parents were out, and he had been holed up in his room, clicking around on his computer and filing a complaint to one website that had removed a rather gorey picture. In fact, his room was covered in posters of creatures of all sorts, and his own drawings of anime characters with huge guns and swords, covering up his more bloody pictures from his parents.

Eventually, he had realized that he couldn’t last forever in his room, so he carefully crept out, figuring a hot dog or two would fill his stomach.

As he boiled the meat, for a brief, fleeting instant he wished he was outside with other people, chattering, and be experiencing companionship. He shook his head as if to clear that thought. The only person he ever really liked was his late grandfather, not caring much for his other relatives.

The alarm on his stove went off, signaling the hot dogs were ready. He poured out the water in the pot before picking them up, placing the two hot dogs into buns before sitting in his stool, each hand holding a hot dog. He would need his strength if he was going to walk down to the train station.

A rain drop fell down. Then another. Xian glanced at the stormy sky. It was a spectacular storm, the kind no self-respecting person wants to be out in. The trees above his head rustled and hissed as the wind tossed them, young leaves tearing free and fluttering down. Lightning shot across the sky, rending the darkness with an instant of heavenly glory. Thunder followed half a second later, rattling every bone in his body. No, no self-respecting person wanted to be in a thunderstorm at all.

A storm out in this area was dangerous. Lightning could strike trees, limbs could break in the wind ... there would be no refuge for him. He
would have to run very quickly to the train station if he was going to survive.

Suddenly it began to rain. Huge drops splattered down in a torrent, the sort that all but drowns anyone in its path. Xian
paused for a moment, looked about him, then took to a jog. He was usually inside, and had never been outside in a rain storm, having
little experience with them. He had usually assumed that it would not
harm him.

He continued to run, beginning to despise rain. It got all over him, it made him wet, and cold...

His boots clomped against the ground, as he took to quicker paces, until he saw the large steel building that was the train station. He smiled to himself, knowing that he would be safe from the rain in here. There would be no one else, as the train station was usually abandoned on weekends, no one traveling around.

The door slid open, and he walked inside, shaking out the water from his hair. It was so quiet that the droplets of the water echoed as they splattered on the ground.

He chuckled, spinning around on his heel before he continued on his way to the central area. There was no one here...then it hit him. Wasn't this place closed right now?

He turned around, leaping to the door. It didn't slide open. He pushed it, kicked it, slammed himself against it, but to no avail.

"Crap..." he announced, his voice continuously echoing. Was this a prank? He was locked inside...like everyone could enter, but no one could leave. Snarling, he turned around, and glided away. He would hang around in the arrival and departure station, hoping some one would come for him.

It was empty as well, with only eight tracks leading to eight tunnels, a set of vending machines set aside, along with a few benches set beside them. Xian shuffled off to the benches. He seated himself in the wood, relaxing his head against the wall.

"Whoever's out there...I'm here. And I'm waiting." he said, before he looked up to count the tiles on the roof. "One...two...three..."

Scar

Hadouken!
"Ugh...no...NO!" Evan Ryo cried out, entangled in his sheets.

He'd been having the worst nightmare he'd ever had. It started out fine. He was in an amazing world filled with majestic creatures more incredible than he'd ever seen, even IN his dreams themselves. Pheonixes, dragons, dinosaurs, things that only appear in movies were appearing before his eyes.

One small one in particular, he'd managed to befried. A small, embryonic creature. It was very cute, and appeared friendly. However...just a second later...it had begun glowing. It had turned into a horrid dragon skeleton with glaring crimson eyes. Its claws were a decaying yellow and looked jagged, and its jaw was hanging low giving it a terrifying look. Evan was terrified.

Evan found himself facing it, trying to tame it. The beast let out a screeching roar that resembled a moan, its lower jaw trembling. It raised its massive claw, and just as it swung it at Evan...

"WAAH!" Evan screamed, leaping out of his bed.

He'd decided to take a nap. The day before, he was told by a mysterious caller to go to the train station the next day. Evan loved adventure, and going against the worst possible odds. But most of all, he loved overcoming those odds. How could he possibly pass up this opportunity for a journey? There was no way he'd EVER ignore something like this.

"DEAR HOLY SH**!!!" He shouted, looking over at his electric clock. "I'm gonna be late!!! I knew I shouldn't've stayed up to watch that Family Guy marathon last night...Ah, but Stewie's SO amazing!"

He rushed to get dressed in his sleeveless black shirt, a pair of jeans, and a thin red jacketa rush, and quickly did his dark brown hair, making it spiky like some of his favorite Anime characters. He then raced through his bedroom door, down his stairs, and quickly jotted down a note for his parents, who were out to some restaraunt. He then bolted out his front door, and saw it was raining.

"Perfect." He said with a grin, his brown eyes filled with confidence.

He ran down the street, his red jacket blowing in the intense winds. Lightning bolts struck the ground, surprising him slightly. But something inside him told him what he was going to the train station to do was much more than a simple journey. He loved being sarcastic, but he had a serious side, too. One that took over whenever need-be. But for the most part, he could make a joke at any moment.

He continued running, not getting tired in the slightest. However, he looked up and saw a lightning bolt strike a tree directly above him! A branch fell to the ground, and it was going to land right on top of him! He dove out of the way, and landed on his stomach with his arms crossed shielding his face. He skidded a few inches across the hard street, his arms were scraped, but just barely.

"Err...What if someone's in trouble?" Evan asked himself. "I feel great importance in this! I CAN'T let people get hurt as long as I have something to say about it...not again..."

He got up, and continued running toward the train station. He thought he saw someone else running in the same direction as him on a different street. He couldn't tell if it was a boy or girl, he'd seen the person on the other end of an alley. He ignored it, his serious side was starting to take over.

Evan ran down a few more streets, and eventually got to the train station. He was about on-time, but didn't have a second to waste. He flung the doors open, seeking shelter as well as answers. Inside, he saw a boy about his age standing inside the train station. His back was turned to him, and Evan silently closed the door behind him and tried to dry out his jacket as he stepped into the station.

Inside the station was very simple. A few benches, eight train tracks leading off into the darkness, and some vending machines lined up against a wall. Very simple, yet Evan sensed something wierd about the place.

"So, uhh...you got the same message?" Evan asked.

The boy appeared to be...counting the tiles on the ceiling.

"Yep." Evan said, taking in a deep breathe. "The commercials don't lie. Things can get preeeetty ugly when you're bored."

The boy turned and looked somewhat embarassed, but half of him didn't seem to care.

"The name's Evan Ryo." Evan said. "Who're you? I've never seen you around the city."

Seraphinu

Divine Beauty
A girl named Kiri was sitting around in her bedroom, doing nothing in particular. Her room was the usual mess of stuffed animals scattered paper, and other things. She looked as though she were waiting for something to happen. She put on her headphones and listened to her favorite set of music. She was home alone; her parents worked to jobs, and her friends had already made plans with their boyfriends. Kiri was the oddball in that group of girls; she was the only one who didn't have a boyfriend, she found many of them rude and immature.

Her mom often joked that boys would be immature until they were twenty-five. Her best friend had offered that Kiri could go with her and her boyfriend to the movie theater, but Kiri said she would be fine on her own. She looked around at her meesy room. You could barely see the floor, and it was just the way she liked it. She picked up a wolf plushie off her bed. It was snow white, and it stared up at her with its blue eyes.
Then she heard a loud thunderclap, she jumped up, startled at the loud noise. She dropped her plushie on the bed again and shut off her music, taking off the headphones and setting them on her cluttered desk. She dashed into the living room, her strawberry-blonde hair waving behind her. She realized she was supposed to be at the train station. She walked out of the door and started running down the street, rain poring down as she ran. She made it to the train station. She opened the metal door and slipped inside. She walked down to the platforms, and sat down on a bench. It was then she realized she wasn't the only one here."Who are you?" she asked, indicating the boy sittng on the bench opposite her.

Scar

Hadouken!
"My name's Evan Ryo. Who're you?" Evan asked the girl who'd just entered the train station. "Since the place is closed today, I'd assume ya got that annoying-as-a-telemarketer dude telling you to come here?"

Since the other guy didn't appear to be in the mood to talk, having only told Evan his name, Evan wanted someone to talk to. The girl was sitting down on the bench opposite Evan, and seemed to have mixed feelings about what was going on just as he and Xian were.

Seraphinu

Divine Beauty
"I'm Kiri, and yes, I got the message on my cell," she said to Evan."I do particularly enjoy adventure, and I don't have any plans at the moment, so I decided to come check this place out. You having just about as boring a Saturday as I am?" She asked Evan. She was polite to guys when she first me them, giving them a chance so she could see if they were any different than other guys she had met in the past.

Scar

Hadouken!
"Oh. Cool." Evan said calmly. "I like adventure too. No way in heck I'd pass up an opportunity like this. My specialty is doing really stupid things that eventually work out in the end." Evan said that in a sarcastic tone, so Kiri was positive he was just kidding.

Evan scratched the back of his head. He didn't really know Kiri, but she seemed kinda nice. The girls he'd met had been mature, they were just jerks. To them, boyfriend meant someone to make out with until they found someone cooler. That's why Evan didn't have a girlfriend yet.

R

~*Ratiosu*~

Kiona bolted up in bed, looking at the clock. The digital red numbers read 9:05. She dressed herself and tore out of the house. Before she was halfway at the door, she was given a piece of toast and then she ran down to the train station, munching as she went.

When she finally made it, she dropped almost dead on the floor. Sitting down on the bench with another girl and a boy, she smiled, swallowing the large piece of toast.

"Hi, what's your name?" she asked the two, hoping she could at least make friends with them. She quickly looked around the station and made sure no one else had seen her trip...that would be embarrasing.

Seraphinu

Divine Beauty
Kiri laughed a little at Evan's joke. All the other boys she met seemed to have an obscene sense of humor. Evan seemed slightly different. Usually to them a girlfriend ment something you could 'snog' until you got someone cuter.

"Yeah, I hate being bored. It does stuff to you..." She joked. "The major reason I came here was because all my friends are making out with their booyfriends at some random movie theater. One of them asked if I wanted to go with, but do you really think I would want to watch them kissing each other? Thats just wrong," Kiri joked again, and continued laughing. "What else do you like to do?" She asked Evan curiosly.

Kiri noticed the other kid that had walked in. "My name's Kiri, by the way," She said to Kiona, not seeing her trip as she entered.

Last edited:

Scar

Hadouken!
Evan laughed. Kiri had a better sense of humor than most of the girls he'd met before. The others made jokes about how mature they were, and seemingly everyone made fun of him for not having a girlfriend.

"Well, I love running. I like the sense of freedom, yanno?" Evan asked. "I'm sort of a nighttime person, too. I like video-games, but I don't obsess over them or anything."

He'd seen someone else come into the train station. It was another girl, a little younger than Evan and Kiri. She'd tripped, and if he knew her better, he'd've made a joke about it. But he could tell she was embarrassed, and he wasn't that kind of person. She asked him his name, and he told her politely. He then awaited Kiri's respones, looked back toward her.

Seraphinu

Divine Beauty
"Freedom is a beautiful thing, I have a slight interest in video games, and I can often be found listening to music. I love collecting stuffed animals, you should see all the wolf plushies I have in my room. My other favorite hobby is trashing my room,"She replied.

I like this guy, he is certainly a lot better than what my friend dared to call her boyfriend, she thought to herself. She started to play with her hair, something she did a lot. Her light brown eyes sparkeled a little bit, this was the happiest she'd ever been around a boy.

Scar

Hadouken!
"That's cool." Evan said calmly. "So, where do ya live? I haven't seen you around school, but maybe once this whole cell-phone ordeal is over with we could become pretty good friends."

Evan looked behind him quickly and saw Xian sitting silently. He didn't want to disturb him, as he looked to be in deep thought. So, he turned to face Kiri again, waiting for ANYTHING to happen that'd help him figure out what was going on. So far, he was at a loss. What was he supposed to be doing with these people? Why him? And what exactly WAS he called to this place for? He didn't want to complicate things at that moment. Something was bound to happen sooner or later. At that moment, he was just waiting for Kiri to answer him, or for Xian to say ANYTHING.

R

~*Ratiosu*~

OOC: I'll be switching in and out of 1st person mode LOL.

IC:

I smiled, at least one of them hadn't seen me. I introduced myself and Evan and Kiri introduced themselves. I smiled, then resumed my usual frown and sat on the arm of the bench. If those two were in love, which I assumed, I shouldn't bother them.

I thought. I hadn't ever had a boyfriend. Maybe someone that also got this message would like me.

I backflipped off the bench, trying to show off. Hopefully ONE of them had seen me...I liked to be the center of attention sometimes. Jumping up, I sat on the ice-maker. It was cold.

Seraphinu

Divine Beauty
Kiri blinked, staring at Kiona and her backflip. Sheesh, what a show off, she thought. She tuned back to Evan. "Well, I can't say exactly where I live, Adresses escape me. But mabye after this ordeal is over I can take you there, and I do hope we can be friends," She said, smiling at Evan, and realizing that this was the first boy she had had a coversation with and not smacked him in the face and stormed out when it was over.

R

~*Ratiosu*~

I smiled. Kiri had made a face after she watched me backflip. I knew I was a showoff. It was just kinda natural. I laughed gently, watching the two flirt.

"You 2 are really hitting it of, huh?" I asked, laughing. I immediately regretted this and closed my mouth.

OOC: Thats my last post for tonight, Don't go too far without me!

Scar

Hadouken!
Evan raised one eyebrow at Kiona's backflip. He made an "oooooh...kay?" face and then scratched the back of his head. He looked back at Kiri.

"Yeah, that'd be great." He said. "You think anyone else is gonna show up, or do you think we're the only ones who got the call?"

Xian...still remained silent. He sorta wierded Evan out, but Evan felt he was safe in trusting him. Kiri and Kiona seemed trust-worthy, too. However, he was still confused most at why he'd been chosen above all the other people in the city. He tried to shake it off, but the question was stuck in the back of his head.

OOC: Woah can't believe it started..... Would have posted sooner but I was out!

Jake awoke he looked around his room and stood up. He looked at the clock. "That cannot be right." he said as it was 9:32. "O crap it is right I am so late."

He pulled on his blue shirt and black pants. He ran over put some stuff in his backpack and slung it over his shoulder. He ran out the door and down towards the elevator. He rushed inside and frantically pressed 1... 1... 1...

"I am totally late I'm not gonna make it." He said as the door opened. He sprinted out almost knocking over somebody. "Sorry! But I'm really late." he yelled back hearing the man scream something. He was about to cross the street but he then spotted a beautiful young girl. "Hello gorgeous." he said with a smirk. Slap! "Oww you could have said no." he then ran towards the train station.

He ran inside to see many other people. He looked around before sitting down on a bench. He then saw some other people and tried to make some friends. "Hi. My name's Jake. What are your names?"

Scar

Hadouken!
"I guess I stand corrected." Evan said to Kiri. "Hey, Jake. My name's Evan."

He didn't want to introduce Kiri, Kiona, or Xian for them. He'd just wait for them to introduce themselves. Evan hoped Jake knew more about what was going on than he did, but he seemed just as confused as Evan.

"Hi Evan!" he looked around, "Do you know what this is all about? I mean It just seems strange." he looked and saw other people who looked cluless too. "Well how long before like we leave or something. I tohught it would be gone by now." he smirked remembering rushing out of his home thinking he was late.

"Man am I hungry, I forgot to eat." he then remembered he had an energy bar for after his soccer practice. Well It'll do he thought to himself. He chomped down and saw some more people on the benches. He turned red and said "Hi"

Scar

Hadouken!
"Uhh..." Evan said when he saw Jake literally annihilate his energy bar. "No comment."

Jake didn't appear to know anything more about what was going on than Evan did. But at least they were up to five now. Evan assumed that was a good thing.

"Yanno." He said, not aiming the comment in any one person in particular. "This just screams 'first episode of an Anime.'"

Jake bursted out laughing and started to choke on his energy bar. "Funny stuff. Yanno you are sorta right aobut that." he said to Evan.

He looked around and still nothing was happening. "I am not a patiant person and this is boring me." he then turned back to his energy bar and chomped the rest down. He was still a bit hungry but alas he had nothing.

He then searched through his backpack for something that will take his mind off of nothing. "Crap nothing in here. What can we do to pass the time?" he said to everyone.