• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Digimon: The Seven Seals (Discussion Thread)

Samayouru

Rabid Dusclops Fan
digimonsslogo_by_laevateinnunowen-da5yeim.png

(Approved by Psychic)

RPG Thread | Sign-Ups | Discussion Thread (You are here)

General RPG Café Rules Apply

digidestinedbannner_by_laevateinnunowen-da6g0f6.png

Loyalty:
Generosity:
Honesty: Czeslaw Gaius Akulov and Betamon (Schade)
Bravery:Aella Doukas and Dorumon (Hydragnea)
Humility: Maddison "Maddie" Pellerzi and Hagurumon (Samayouru)
Friendliness:
Kindness: Timothy "Tim" Wolfe and Gaomon (Monster Guy)
Perseverance: Elisa Tracks and Impmon (TheCharredDragon)
Wisdom: Alexander "Alex" Wesker and Renamon (Andydemon)
Steadfastness:

We are currently at a point where more people can join in. Please refer to the Sign-Up topic for details on making an application!

storysofar_by_laevateinnunowen-da6g1hm.png

In the beginning there was just one world – a blue little planet known as Earth. It wasn’t much in terms of size compared to its brothers and sisters, but it was brimming with life – a feat that its siblings had not been able to match. Humans who lived on the planet were more than capable of inventing things – and it wasn’t long before developing technology became a driving force across Earth.

But then one day something was created. Something that was far more powerful than the humans realised. It was called a computer – the Atanasoff-Berry Computer, to be exact – and while it gave way to a new era of technology, it also birthed something far, far more powerful. This thing was a creature that would eventually be known as Atanamon, the very first living mass of data to exist on the newly established digital plane.

Atanamon dubbed this plane “The Digital World”, and in six days he created a vast, utopian landscape to live in. In time, he also learnt how to create new beings – creatures that were physical manifestations of data, and placed them in his world so that they could all enjoy his land just as much as he did. That is how the creatures known as Digimon came into existence. At first there were only Data Digimon, but as time went on and technology evolved, other variants came to be: the attributes of Viruses and Vaccines, having mutated thanks to the vast programmes and information being processed into the Digital World on a daily basis.

By this point Atanamon was well-known – a deity that many Digimon had high regard for, but few had ever seen – and even appointed four very powerful Digimon to act as his representatives. There was Seraphimon, who had an excellent grasp on words and acted as Atanamon’s messenger. There was Cherubimon, who had a great sense of justice and a drive to protect less powerful Digimon, and there was Ophanimon, who was delicate and talented at healing wounds and illnesses. The fourth Digimon, Lucemon, was the purest of them all. An embodiment of hope and kindness, Lucemon was the closest to Atanamon, and was the most respected out of the four by both his peers and the Digimon he was sworn to protect.

But one day Lucemon suddenly vanished, and not even Atanamon knew where he had gone. His sudden absence shocked many Digimon, and as the days passed, many began to believe that his life was over and returned to their daily lives.

Little did they know that Lucemon’s disappearance was only an omen of what was to come.

After a while, Digimon began to change – and not in the way that most Digimon were used to. It was only slight at first, with some suddenly displaying unusual urges to brawl. Old friends who seldom angered each other were soon bickering as if they had always been worst enemies, and a wave of aggression suddenly took hold of the Digital World. The remaining representatives of Atanamon found themselves working night and day just to keep the land that they’d known all of their lives from being torn to pieces, while the corrupted Digimon destroyed everything in their paths, reducing once wonderful places to rubble. Those who were left unaffected were forced to stick together in small groups, regardless of background or attribute, and they cried out to their creator every day to come and save them.

At first Atanamon intended to stop this pandemic as quickly as he could, but when he prepared to cleanse the sick, he found that he was growing weaker and weaker every day, and could not keep up quickly enough to stop the corruption from spreading. As a result, Atanamon was left to watch the world that he’d nurtured fall into a state of disrepair, with no way of knowing if he would ever be able to fix it.

They say that sometimes bad events can actually be blessings in disguise – and that’s exactly what happened when the First Rift opened up. The walls between the two worlds were not spared of decay, and it wasn’t long before a hole appeared, allowing Digimon to finally catch a glimpse of planet Earth and its people. Several Digimon managed to pass through into the Real World and promptly began causing havoc. And because the representatives were constantly trying to stop the Digital World from being destroyed, Atanamon had to deal with bringing the Digimon back himself, a feat that took almost everything he had.

Yet when he rounded up the escaped monsters he noticed something very, very curious. While the humans were more than aware of the destruction caused, most of the adults were blaming the chaos on natural disasters such as earthquakes and tsunamis. It was the children who pointed out the huge monsters ravaging and rampaging across their land. After a while, he began to see that the corrupted Digimon who had made it through the barrier had become less aggressive and all of these Digimon had interacted with children in some way, shape or form.

Translating the children’s bodies into data took no time at all, and Atanamon came to the conclusion that it was due to the children having very specific kinds of strengths within them that was driving the infection back. Furthermore, he also discovered that it was possible to concentrate this power into a physical form that allowed Digimon to Digivolve at a far quicker rate than normal. How these children had developed such power was beyond Atanamon’s understanding, but he did know that he had found a possible solution to end the chaos. He dubbed these powers “Virtues”, and also created technology to be able to contain this energy so that Digimon could Digivolve at will, calling them “Digivices”.

But it looks like things are about to go from bad to worse – rumours have started spreading throughout the Digital World that some corrupted Digimon have gained sentience, dubbing themselves as “The Seven Seals”, and are planning to break into the Real World via more Rifts and claim it for whom they call their Master. With limited time and limited strength, Atanamon processed as many children into his database as he could, and has picked out seven children whose Virtues are strong enough to fight back against the corrupted Digimon and their so-called Leader. He also picked out seven Digimon for these children in the hopes that the bonds that they could develop together could give them more than enough power to save both worlds from total annihilation.

Five years have passed since the First Rift opened up, and for the seven chosen children something very important has happened. For whatever reason, all of them have received a letter of acceptance into a highly respected boarding school, the Patriot Academy, located near the city of London in England. They’ve all managed to make it to the opening ceremony, and are now all about to meet each other for the first time in their dorm room, where they will spend most of their free time. All of them have their own aspirations about what they want to do in life – but none of them are going to expect being given the job of saving the world.

A KnightChessmon is tasked with sending scouts to examine the land of the human world so that taking it over will be far, far easier. This takes place about a week after the Digidestined find themselves in their new home. A school trip is announced for the students taking Arts Courses to go to a festival celebrating the creative arts.

importantstuff_by_laevateinnunowen-da6g2ct.png

The school where the Digidestined will be staying for the year. It is an old school boasting just over five hundred students and a vast campus with buildings dedicated to different kinds of subjects.

pa_map_by_laevateinnunowen-da6led9.png

A – The Main Building (Auditorium, Medical Centre and Offices).

B – The Aquinas, Descartes, Plato and Aristotle Buildings (Dormitories)

C – The Kessinger Building (Maths, Sciences, Psychology, Languages, History, Geography. Design Technology/Woodshop, Food Technology/Cooking)

D – The Colossus Building (Physical Education)

E – The Track (Same as above)

F – The Artem Building (Art, Dance, Drama, Music, Fashion)

G – The Dining Hall (Kitchen)

H – The Guardhouse/Gate

aquinasmap_by_laevateinnunowen-da6oo1i.png

The Aquinas building was constructed in the mid eighteenth century – it was the first of the four dormitories to be built during that time period and originally housed a hundred people. This changed when the other dormitories were completed, and students were distributed more evenly as well as some walls being torn down to give students bigger living spaces. The room numbers were still kept, though (despite the Academy promising to change them soon on multiple occasions).

The festival is divided into three different areas – Drama, Art and Music, and is located in a large field that shares borders with a forest. It is used quite often for events, so the grass is quite patchy in some places and is quite crowded with people of all ages.

The Art section is located to the left corners of the field, where people can look at classic pieces as well as modern stuff done by local artists (they can also purchase the local artists’ work on display, too – but that is hundreds of pounds out of any students’ price range). The bottom left corner has been set up for people who just want to make some art, with plenty of mediums to choose from.

In the top and bottom corners of the right side of field is the Drama section, where a stage has been set up. Shakespeare plays are being performed all throughout the day, from Hamlet to A Midsummer Night’s Dream, and people can come and watch. There are also playwrights giving discussions and tips out on how to make a proper script. There are also a couple of smaller stages where smaller plays are being acted out.

The top middle part of the field is the Music section, where classical music is being played throughout the event with an orchestra on stage. There is a section dedicated to musical instruments and showing people what those instruments can do, as well as the history of music. People can also talk to musicians to get an idea of what the world of music is like for them and how they got into the music business in the first place.

The bottom middle part of the field is the entrance, as well as where the medical team are located in case something goes wrong.

Strange creatures from another world that are now starting to make their way into the human world. Some of them are friendly, others are not. Though there's very little information on them right now...

An item that looks like a retro gaming console. It appears to be connected to the phenomenon of Digivolving.

A strange phenomenon that changes a Digimon's form, often changing the physical appearance of said Digimon. In addition to this a Digimon who's able to digivolve has much more power than being in its prior state.

Last edited:

Samayouru

Rabid Dusclops Fan
First!

There's not really much to talk about though...

I kinda realised that after I posted the thread... I'm still kinda new to making a proper RPG so I do apologise if I mess things up. :/

I could probably put some details in about the beginning of the RP. The map of Patriot Academy is done too so I'll post that up at some point today as well if it helps.

Solsabre

The Reforged Soul
I will say things will get interesting for my character when her partner goes to the ultimate level, since he's a fire digimon and Andrea has a fear of fires.

Last edited:

Samayouru

Rabid Dusclops Fan
I will say things will get interesting for my character when her partner goes to the ultimate level, since he's a fire digimon and Andrea has a fear of fires.

Yeah, that would make for some interesting conflict! I'm not quite sure how I'm going to develop Maddie's character yet. I've got something in mind (concerning that it involves a crucial plot point), but I guess I'm going to have to wait and see how the other Digidestined act. Tim's reaction is definitely something to consider, though. :p

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Finally made my first post. sorry that took so long. Bought Skyrim the other day and have kinda not done anything else ... ...

Since you seem to be in the mood for constructive critizism, could I request a map of the dorm room as well? Was difficult trying to pinpoint its appearance based on what everyone had written themselves.

Samayouru

Rabid Dusclops Fan
Finally made my first post. sorry that took so long. Bought Skyrim the other day and have kinda not done anything else ... ...

Since you seem to be in the mood for constructive critizism, could I request a map of the dorm room as well? Was difficult trying to pinpoint its appearance based on what everyone had written themselves.

Sure thing! One Dorm room map coming right up!

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Splendid. And for the record, I think you're doing a rather good job GM'ing. Besides, if you have any questions or need any help, you have all of us. yay
Also, i am very unaccustomed to RP'ing people with Czes' personality. lol. It is somewhat fun.

Samayouru

Rabid Dusclops Fan
... And done!

Just so you know - I am actually basing Patriot Academy after real places like Cambridge University in terms of age and design, so if you're confused about building structures, you're actually meant to be confused (that and for characters from other countries, it could serve as quite the culture shock!). A lot of old buildings in the richer part of England change over the years in what they're used for, but don't actually change the design of the building. They've only really started upgrading building designs in the past two or three years, if my memory serves me correctly, and even then those buildings are usually in dire need of work.

And don't worry about editing posts to match what the building is like (but if you want to then go ahead) - I think it would just be easier to keep going and use the map as a reference for future posts.

(Also, my mother suggested to all of you to try and imagine the school as Hogwarts if it helps :p).

Last edited:

Schade

Metallic Wonder
I live in a dorm off-campus, so this is new to me. I just go with whatever everyone else does, except for the confused first day student-trope. that needed to happen one way or another, and I assure it will happen again.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Mon you should use a Classi header like I use. How come that hasn't caught on yet?

Yeah, I wouldn't know anything about that, mon. I'm in uncharted teritory. lol

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Gurl no, it's Classi. with an I, to underline the ghettoness of the situation. Don't 'chu try me boi.

Gurl believe me in this, it is.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Mon plz. shush.

you and I are weird opposites. lol

Samayouru

Rabid Dusclops Fan
I think it would be wise to start the first major event when everybody's posted at least twice (I'm still waiting on Azerwrath and Kung Fu Ferret to finish their applications so yeah). In the meantime I'm going to work on floor plans for the other buildings and get them uploaded so that there's no more confusion about where we're all going around the Academy! :p

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Twice?. I can BS Czes into mild conversations, gaming n his phone, getting aclimated to his bunk and mayyyybe some interractions with Tim.
I plan for Czes and Tim to be besties. lol. Mon plz, be prepared.