• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Digimon Unholy Crusade (Discussion Thread)

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
I wouldn't quite expect it to be so straightforward as just the Royal Knights and some Tamers...

Alright, I'll give my characters last names (mostly because I want epic banners!). How about... Bedivere and Guinier Stormheart, and Caradoc Stern.

Seriously, expect more from me than just the Knights...

EDIT: Those banners look so amazing. I even got rid of my Black Rose Witch banner to put all three in, because they rock so mutch.

I especially like Bedivere's one, with his Examon form actually pointing the Ambrosius towards the foreground. Guinier's is quite good with UlforceVeedramon, as is Caradoc's with Dynasmon.

So yeah, epic banners which ought to really inspire some people to join. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to come up with some Evolution Chants for these three's Royal Knight forms so I can sig them like Kamotz.

Last edited:

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
Good job, Kamotz, on finding the good Examon picture. It's the only official close-up one and it's tough to find. Though it kind of makes the Ambrosius look like it's his arm.

This is a great marketing scheme.

I wonder what this other ambiguous force is.

Edit: Now I can't help but wonder if I should have called Strom's evolution an "Exalted Evolution". =P

Last edited:

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
You'll love it. Trust me, you'll absolutely love what's coming for us later on...

Y'know, I only just realised that if you swap just two letters in the first part of Bedivere's last name, you actually get 'Strom'. Weird, huh? I didn't even realise that until now.

And it's too late to change Strom's chant now! I only did Exalted Evolution because (A) Bedivere is already a dragon, so Drake Evolution doesn't really fit, (B) Exa in Examon is short for Exalted and (C) Examon is an Exalted Knight Digimon, so it makes sense. I could have done Royal Knight, but they're the villains so... yeah...

I've decided to give Caradoc a Slide Evolution to Ravemon. Say that Valkyrimon is more speed and range-based, while Ravemon is his close-combat form. Besides, Bedivere and Caradoc won't actually have their Royal Knight forms for quite a while in the RPg, there's a certain plot event that needs to happen first... but, spoilers!

Trust me though, it will be epic!

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
You'll love it. Trust me, you'll absolutely love what's coming for us later on...

Y'know, I only just realised that if you swap just two letters in the first part of Bedivere's last name, you actually get 'Strom'. Weird, huh? I didn't even realise that until now.

And it's too late to change Strom's chant now! I only did Exalted Evolution because (A) Bedivere is already a dragon, so Drake Evolution doesn't really fit, (B) Exa in Examon is short for Exalted and (C) Examon is an Exalted Knight Digimon, so it makes sense. I could have done Royal Knight, but they're the villains so... yeah...

I've decided to give Caradoc a Slide Evolution to Ravemon. Say that Valkyrimon is more speed and range-based, while Ravemon is his close-combat form. Besides, Bedivere and Caradoc won't actually have their Royal Knight forms for quite a while in the RPg, there's a certain plot event that needs to happen first... but, spoilers!

Trust me though, it will be epic!

Weird, I actually didn't notice that either.

I guess, that's true. Examon is said to be derived from "Exa" Which means like six billion or sextillion or something like that, I dunno. Just don't outdo my use of Examon or else I might just have to take Strom to whole new levels in the RPG after Unholy Crusade. =P

Well as long as it's epic. I'm worried I guessed what it was just now. I wish my mind wouldn't think, causing possible spoilers.

TheSequelReturns

Faithful Crusader
Wow, you guys post quick.

Two questions:

1. Can I add a digivolve to my Queenchessmon Character? (it would be a side digivolve)

2. What do I have to do to get one of those awesome banners? I think I'm going to add last names to my characters just to get one.

I'm looking forward to the start of this one.

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
Yes you can add a Digivolved form to Lucia, if it's a Slide Evolution.

You'll have to ask Kamotz about the banners, I'm afraid.

I think we're all looking forward to the start, me especially. I'm going to need to get my opening post typed up ready!

TheSequelReturns

Faithful Crusader
Cool, I've made the edits.

I have a good idea of what my opening post is going to be, but I havn't quite gotten around to writing it yet. NaNoWriMo is taking up my time at the moment. (Don't worry, I will be able to post at least one a day.)

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
I think I came up with a decent digivolution chant for Tyr, if we're still doing those. "Of Ancient flame, my heart burneth hard. On blade's fine edge, be oneth your guard. To protect my friends, I go all lengths. Fires of old, I embrace your strengths! Ancient Evolution! AncientGreymon!"

Yeah, I'm looking forward to the start too. I'd start my first post too if it weren't dependant on smb's first post.

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
Very nice chant. I'm definitely still doing them, they're so much fun! I don't know about the others though... hopefully they might give them a go again!

As for Caradoc and Guinier's chants:

"Let future hopes ride forth this day. With courage firm, keep evil at bay. Let the sun warm cold hearts of frost. Stand with me now, all is not lost. Exalted Evolution. UlforceVeedramon!"

That's Guinier's. Exalted Evolution again, mostly because it fits in with her brother's.

"Let bright hopes dawn and end the night. I shall ride forth to abate this plight. Let all our hearts carry forth justice. With all our hopes, a future awaits us. Dynasty Evolution. Dynasmon!"

There's Caradoc's. I just love that 'justice... future awaits us' rhyme so much I had to use it again. Caradoc's is more focused around a group than the individual, mostly because I let An Inspector Calls get to me today... I'm seriously thinking of working fire, blood and anguish into a chant at some point...

Kamotz

God of Monsters
Yeah, I had to shrink my signatures down a little just to get them all to fit on one line. Now they seem a little too small, but w/e. I'll deal.

TheSequelReturns

Faithful Crusader
Haha, how's this for Duo?

"Through darkest night, my spirit walks. A lonely soul where a shadow stalks. Each shadow is cast from a ray of light. Darkness, give me the strength to fight! Shadowed Evolution! BlackWarGreymon!"

And those are some awesome banners Kamotz, I don't suppose you'd be kind enough to make me one? (please and thank you).

Last edited:

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
A good chant for Duo, though the first two lines don't quite rhyme because of the walks and stalk thing... maybe for the second one you could do 'A lonely soul where a shadow stalks.' Then it rhymes.

A very good chant though. I like the meaning to it.

TheSequelReturns

Faithful Crusader
Good suggestion, I was having a bit of trouble with that part.

And thanks, I really like the whole chant idea.

Kamotz

God of Monsters
Believe it or not, I WON'T be using chants this time around, at least that's my plan for now. Apollomon and Imperialdramon don't have anything to "chant" into, Beelzemon...can you really picture him doing a chant? and MagnaAngemon, while he certainly might, I picture mine too zen-like to bother with the flourish of a chant.

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
Heh, I like that "justice/future awaits us" bit too. Good ol' Strom.

Khep isn't going to be doing any chants either,even if he could. In fact, he's probably going to be the one making fun of those who do.

I'll probably make one for Pyra though. Maybe two...

Kamotz

God of Monsters
Yeah. I'd expect Samael to join him in the poking fun.

Hotshot

I believe Nocchi shall be joining Samael and Khep in their name-calling and such. I may give Gigas one...but he'd probably forget half of it...hey...that actually gives me a good idea...