• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Digimon Unholy Crusade (Discussion Thread)

Kamotz

God of Monsters
It's not the "getting stronger" or digivolving, it's the fact that people will be quite behind in the story and they're also much less likely to join an already-active RPG. This way Food Guy and Tundrawolfmane can make some good signups and we can all start.

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
We won't start until Saturday, to give people a chance to sign up if they want to.

And Griff, I'd recommend you just choose either Pyra or Tyr, just to make it a little easier to control.

I can't see them giving Tyr the responsibility, so that leaves me with Pyra.

For theorhetical purposes, which would be better, the teleportation to jail one or the continuous electocution one?

Kamotz

God of Monsters
Maybe a teleportation right back to Pyra or whoever is leading the group.

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
Hmm, it could work, but one thing I'm trying to keep with the marshall or case officer, as you put it, is anomynity so Kheprius couldn't, say, try to kill them or use them as a hostage and bring them along in an attempt to escape, though that would be interesting...

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
It's only 2 days. I find that coming late into RPGs is always really difficult in terms of making it seem realistic.

In response to Kamotz, who is leading the group?

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
I'm still not sure. I'd say Bedivere though. Guinier is too much of a hot head and Caradoc... well he doesn't think he's really worthy with his whole 'family shame' thing.

Although I will accept anyone who puts themselves forwards!

And I did read your comment about the other enemies in the VMs, Griff. I probably should have been a little more discreet, but I didn't want them taken!

Kamotz

God of Monsters
I think Bedivere is the best bet for leader. And I'll take smb's word on the appropriateness of his other characters. As for mine, none of them really fit that leader role. Svarog just wants to hit things, Samael's a sociopath, Michael can lead armies but doesn't seem like the small-group leader type, and Thor...well...I suppose he could, but he's got enough issues dealing with his insecurities.

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
It's understandable.

As for my characters, Kheprius, well, we know that the resident mercenary prisoner isn't going to be the leader any time soon. Tyr could be a leader if he really tried, but he's much too naive and unrealistic. For those from Dark Reign, he's kind of like Osiris except without Osiris' know-how. Tyr's more of a moral leader- much better at rallying the troops rather than actually dishing out orders or thinking of realistic strategies. Pyra... well she could be a possible candidate. She's calm and collected and is combat-savvy, no real flaws that I know of that would hinder a leader figure. Bedivier's a good choice, too, though. Pyra might be a better second in command or something, I'm not sure. Not my decision to make.

Last edited:

Hotshot

My characters have never been the "leader" type (save for Rai...who is sort of a "leader" in that he raises the banner high and keeps pressing on...). Nocchi's too dishonest to be a leader.

And then we've got Gigas...who's the ultimate-big-guy-follower. Not very bright, but insanely strong and compassionate. So no leaders among my guys.

And if I sign up with my Shawjamon later...well...he probably won't be much of a leader either. I'd say Bedivere's the best bet.

Kamotz

God of Monsters
Looks like Bedivere is the common consensus. But perhaps that should come to vote in the RPG instead of us just taking it for granted...or maybe the Council should appoint him.

Hotshot

Heehee...I changed my banner to Gigas now. I think I might prefer the 'smashing' to the 'bug-hugging', though.

Anyway, I like how this is setting itself up. I've been working on a first post for a while now...but I'm not entirely sure what to do when we get there...so I'll leave that up for now. I've got my Shawjamon character ready...just in case.

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
That would be the scariest hug one would ever have...

Incidentally, last night at an Italian restaurant, I heard the perfect voice double for Gigas. The bassy chortle matched what I expected him to sound like exactly.

A vote sounds like a fun idea. Though I'd laugh if, by some obscure chance, Samael won that vote.

Hey, Hotshot, mind PMing me your sign up? I'm much too impatient to wait and there's still a small chance Tundra could join.

Hotshot

I just sent it to you, Griff.

I think Nocchi would vote for himself. And Gigas, of course, would take too long to decide.

TheSequelReturns

Faithful Crusader
I think that Bedivere is a good choice for leader. As for my characters, Trowa just enjoys shooting things and Duo is too loyalty oriented to try and take the lead. He probably wouldn't think he deserved to lead anyway. As for Lucia, well she might put up a bit of a fuss at first but I can't see her getting anything other than annoyed at the prospect.

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
Tundra has (finally) signed up and been Accepted, so all the spaces are filled. Sorry Hotshot, but no Shawjamon for now I'm afraid.

I'll definitely have the first post up by tomorrow, maybe tonight if I can push myself to finish off the last few details...

Hotshot

Tundra has (finally) signed up and been Accepted, so all the spaces are filled. Sorry Hotshot, but no Shawjamon for now I'm afraid.

That is perfectly fine with me. I'd much rather have a bunch of new faces to roleplay with than have three characters...I can make do with two. Perhaps I can save Shawjamon for a later RP...

I may post a little late (compared to some), because I'll be gone for about four hours tomorrow. We shall see.

Waaah, I'm so sorry that I took so long! >.< I'll try to keep up in the rpg thread!
Anyways, I just noticed everyone has a last name to their character/s. I don't want to feel left out, so can I edit the sign-up to add?

Kamotz

God of Monsters
Yeah, feel free to add last names. They don't really do much except add some flavor to the character and the text.

Eh, it's fun! Besides, the chants/quotes I've seen on everyone's sigs and posts sounds fun; I might think of one if I ever get the chance to outside of English essays and class journals.