• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Digimon Unholy Crusade (Discussion Thread)

TheSequelReturns

Faithful Crusader
Picking opponents...

I think I'll go something like this:

Trowa - Yam Lotan
Duo - Amatsu-Mikaboshi or Zahhak
Lucia - Tiamat

Although, I am open to suggestions if another match-up would work better.

Might as well give my roster in:

Azur -> Typhon
Galic -> Ophion

Kamotz

God of Monsters
Thor--Amatsu-Mikaboshi
Michael--Yam Lotan
Samael--Yam Lotan or Zahhak

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
So far:

Amatsu-Mikaboshi - Bedivere, Duo?, Thor, Kole
Tiamat - Caradoc, Lucia
Mordred - Guinier, Pyra,
Zahhak - Duo?, Samael?
Typhon - Tyr, Khep, Azur
Yam Lotan - Trowa, Michael, Samael?
Ophion - Galic

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
Seeing Duo against Zahhak would be cool. WarGreymon vs WarGreymon. I'm willing to bet we'll see Nocchi against Ophion, or maybe Yam Lotan. Gigas could potentially go up against Tiamat or Typhon, since they're all powerhouses. Not sure about where Sha might go though...

Kamotz

God of Monsters
If Nocchi goes up against Yam Lotan that's be cool. I'd probably send Samael with him. Though Samael v. Zahhak would be fun too. Michael's wild for me, I might send him against Mikaboshi or Yam...

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
Caradoc vs. Tiamat ought to be fun. It's Dynasmon X vs. Chaosdramon once again, just like in CW, and that just makes it good. Plus, it's Caradoc fighting, and this time he can go all out. Which makes things better.

Guinier vs. Mordred also ought to be interesting, speed vs. power. Mordred ought to be pretty brutal too... well, they all are brutal I suppose. They're villains.

Who hasn't had an opponent chosen out of the Peacemakers? Gigas, Nocchi, and Sha... yeah, I think that's all of them. Just let me count... Twenty-one Peacemakers altogether, three have died... fifteen have opponents... yeah.

I'd say Ophion needs more opponents. Galic can't handle it on his own... though we are spread pretty thin I suppose. I didn't quite anticipate the deaths when Kamotz and I planned out this fight... that makes things interesting.

Here are the basic breakdowns of the Lords and their strengths -

Tiamat - Brutally strong, and heavily-armored (totally covered in Red Digizoid). Best fictional equivalent is likely Juggernaut, it's almost impossible to stop him once he starts moving. Though, he is quite slow... but unlike Juggernaut he can attack from range. Basically a big massive nearly-invulnerable tank with huge cannons.

Mordred - Cunning, quick, pretty skilled and strong. He's covered in plate armor, and has the Gorgon shield, so fairly well-defended, and he can attack close-up and at range via the Balmung. Not as overpowering as Tiamat, but he's quite the tactician, and he's pretty good with instinct too.

Zahhak - He's brutal and pretty strong. Plus, he has Dramon Destroyers, so our dragon characters should watch out, though he's pretty good against anything. Basically he's a less-well-protected version of Tiamat, unsubtle and damn strong. He's slightly more surgical though... think of him as a shock trooper, like a Halo Spartan or something.

Typhon - Force of mass destruction. He's got a massive arsenal of attacks, and they're mostly long-range, but he's decent close-up, 'cause he's a massive leviathan. He isn't all that smart though, most of his strategy involves brute force, so get past that... and he's screwed, mostly.

Yam Lotan - Tricky son of a bitch, really. He's wicked fast, and can attack from anywhere by telekinetically wielding his swords. He's also pretty smart, and doesn't speak too much. Mostly he insults and mocks his opponents when he does speak. You'd have to be pretty quick to match him... and we can't just rely on Nocchi's strings. An enemy Nocchi's strings won't faze... now we're really in it.

Ophion - He's even faster than Yam Lotan... that defines him, really. He relies on speed, striking from all directions with blades and other attacks to wear opponents down. The individual strikes aren't that substantial, but in unison he can quickly wear down most foes. His attacks are -
Nihilism Saber: Essentially Ulforce Saber, but accented with the power of chaos to create a somewhat acidic effect on data it strikes. Basically if it hits, it starts to burn at whatever it struck.
Chaos Tempest: Uses the V-sign on his chest to generate a maelstrom of chaotic energy, which shoots at his foe, battering them with chaos energy. Basically a stronger Ray of Victory with chaos influence.

Kamotz

God of Monsters
Here is the picture that inspired Ophion, and Tiamat should actually be a "she".

Well, I'm at an impasse. I know Thor's going against the Mikaboshi; that's a given. But Samael and Michael are up in the air. As far as Samael goes...
Mordred: creates a thematic link and hearkens back to Tames and whatnot.
Zahhak: both pretty brutal, intense, vicious.
Yam Lotan: They're both psychotic.

Michael: ?

Hotshot

Nyeheheheheh...yesssss...I'm baaaaack.

Put Nocchi on either Ophion or Yam Lotan. It'd be fun to have him go against a dark Tristan look-alike, but he may fit better against Yammy (my affectionate nickname for ChaosPiedmon)...so it's up to you guys.

Typhon's got three opponents already, so stick Gigas against Tiamat, I suppose.

And Sha...er...think we'll need somebody else on Mika-Mika? If so, put Sha against ol' Boshi-Britches.

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
We need someone else on Ophion, Galic's not gonna handle him alone, so I'd advise Nocchi on Ophion. His strings won't work on Yam Lotan anyway (the guy'll just slash them with his swords).

I was anticipating Gigas on Tiamat, so good there. That way our heaviest hitters (Caradoc and Gigas) have her covered.

Not too sure there. Sha could handle Mikaboshi pretty well in combo with Thor, Bedivere and Kole... but I'm still concerned about Ophion slightly. I dunno if just Galic and Nocchi are enough to handle him... though he is probably the most fragile of the Lords, since he depends on speed... I guess they could be okay. Your call.

Hotshot

Not too sure there. Sha could handle Mikaboshi pretty well in combo with Thor, Bedivere and Kole... but I'm still concerned about Ophion slightly. I dunno if just Galic and Nocchi are enough to handle him... though he is probably the most fragile of the Lords, since he depends on speed... I guess they could be okay. Your call.

Yeah, but I was actually thinking that Mika-Mika would be far too strong for even Bedivere, Thor, and Kole to handle. I mean, he trashed all of us without breaking a sweat (and while coming up with haikus too), so I figured we'd need more help on him than on Ophion.

Besides, you forget that Nocchi has the power of an Ancient as well. I just haven't let him unleash that power more than twice.

So...yeah. It's still really up to you, though, because I don't particularly mind either way...so long as Sha gets to do at least a little damage.

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
Fair point. Right... we'll just have to trust in the tactical skill of Galic and the criminal pranks of Nocchi to win against Ophion (incidentally, did they ever take him off the list?)

Sha can kick Mika-Mika's butt beside the rest of us. So opponent check:

Amatsu-Mikaboshi: Bedivere, Thor, Kole, Sha, Duo?
Tiamat: Caradoc, Lucia, Gigas
Mordred: Guinier, Pyra, Samael?
Zahhak: Duo?, Samael?
Typhon: Tyr, Khep, Azur
Yam Lotan: Trowa, Michael, Samael?
Ophion: Galic, Nocchi

Besides, you forget that Nocchi has the power of an Ancient as well. I just haven't let him unleash that power more than twice.

And that both Galic and Nocchi are technically the two cleverest members of the group, both of whom usually rely on cunning and strategy than outright strength. Between the two of them, I'm sure they'll come up with something.

Methinks that Duo and Samael should just go with Zahhak, considering everyone else already has someone to go against.

And can Trowa and Michael handle Yammy themselves? Not that I'm doubting them or anything. Just that the way smb describes him...er...

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
Fair play to you both, I think Galic and Nocchi can handle Ophion.

I agree on Zahhak, 'cause otherwise we'll have a lone Chaos Lord standing around with no-one to fight.

Zahhak: Hey! Where's my enemy/enemies?!

I dunno, Trowa's pretty fast and he does have the Royal Meister. Plus, Michael has the whole 'Hand of God' thing going for him, he's skilled and fairly powerful, and it was MagnaAngemon who took down Piedmon in Adventure, so Seraphimon vs. ChaosPiedmon seems even enough to me. I think if Nocchi and Galic can handle Ophion, Trowa and Michael can deal with Yam Lotan.

Thing was when this fight got planned, I didn't really account for character deaths, so that's why we're onto two or three Peacemakers against each Chaos Lord. I didn't think this many would end up dead... certainly didn't see Dunk and Svarog dying, damn...

Then again, I'm the one who killed off four characters back in CW/DR... I think I'll be quiet now...

Hotshot

True dat, Tundra. I should think with Galic's strategic intelligence and speed combined with Nocchi's whimsical mischief and cunning, Ophion doesn't stand a chance in the long run. Should be a good match-up.

Heh. Well now, looks like Ivy's got a signature laugh too.

Nyeheheh. Hohohoho. Cha-haw-haw-haw. Teehee.

And there goes another UlforceVeedramon (chaos or otherwise) that's gonna feel Nocchi's wrath...this'll be interesting. xD

And Hotshot, I couldn't tell whether you planned that as her laugh all along or whether it just happened. -.-;

I agree on Zahhak, 'cause otherwise we'll have a lone Chaos Lord standing around with no-one to fight.
Or Zahhak could join another of the Chaos Lords to have it a 2 Chaos Lords vs 2-3 Peacemakers. Unless he's one of those pride types.

As for Dunk dying...I guess the really vague hinting wasn't enough. xD

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
I think one Chaos Lord vs 2-3 Peacemakers is a challenge enough. I'd say Duo and Samael against Zahhak would be a good idea, but it's up to Sequel and Kamotz.

Can't wait to start fighting these guys. There's no more holding back ('cept for Tyr).

Kamotz

God of Monsters
smb: If you want, almost all of the Chaos Lords could have an "upgrade" form, though they'd have to be unofficial.
Tiamat-->Chaosdramon X, Mordred-->Gallantmon Chaos Mode, Zahhak-->ChaosBlackWarGreymon X, Typhon-->ChaosGigaSeadramon, Ophion-->ChaosUlforceVeedramon X, Yam Lotan-->ehh...?

Maybe Yammy don't need one?

I hope you guys liked the explanation for the Chaos Lords I gave in my last post. I took their names (except for Mordred) from mythological entities that were in essence either primordial monsters or evocative of chaos. So now I've tied it all up.

Anyway, I've got to make some decision as to where Michael and Samael will go, right?

Mordred, Zahhak, or Yam Lotan?

Amatsu-Mikaboshi: Bedivere, Thor, Kole, Sha, Duo?
Zahhak: Duo?
Yam Lotan: Trowa

It really depends on who else is finalized. Well, Mordred looks like he has enough enemies. So let's strike that. It really depends on where Duo is going.

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
Can Duo handle Zahhak on his own? Gaiomon is technically a Dramon, right? and Zahhak has Dramon Killers as an advantage unless Duo becomes Reapermon or BWarGreymon.